Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:03 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile ♥ FeBrUaRy WaLkErS~Just Walking Away the Pounds

Good Morning Walkers

Are we ready for another wonderful month...
I didn't do nearly what I hoped to last month,
but I am ready to hit this month running

I have already done the 2 miles Walking Away the Pounds DvD
and am ready for my days challenges today

How about you gals? Are you ready for the month of love:
Loving yourself enough to take better care of YOU?

I am looking forward to a healthier me
I hope you will join me in becoming a healthier YOU

FeBrUaRy MiLeS : 2

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

sunny - wow! already got your 2 miles in today! that's great!

I feel good about getting in 36 miles for January, considering how crazy busy I've been with year end stuff. Even tho it doesn't look like things are gonna slow down any this month I will try to get in 40 miles in February.

If I get any of those miles in today, I will post them later.

I'm proud of all of our gang for the exercise they did last month!

Hope everyone has a great day, a great week and a great month!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-01-2005 at 10:16 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #3  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Congrats Sunny, for starting this month off with a bang! That's the way to do it, girly! Keep it up! I really loved what you wrote about February being the month of loving ourselves. That is key in this whole journey. At least it is for me.

Cathy, you did phenom last month! I'm so very proud of you for getting out there and walking away those pounds! Good on ya, lady! I have no doubt in my mind that you'll reach your Febraury goal of 40miles!

The rest of you ladies, I hope you all reach your goal this month and that you are happier and healthier because of it!

As for me, I'm setting my goals at 25 miles and 8lbs lost. I should be able to get a few miles in today as it's bright and beautiful outside (YEAH!). I'll post later how many I actually manage to get in.

Anyways girls, I have to go get DD outta the tubby now, so I best be off. Take care of yourselves and have a wonderful day! Best of luck to all of you!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #4  

I've been doing the Walk Away the Pounds DVD too and I love it! Can anybody join this?
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #5  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi Cathy & Mel Always great to see you both!

Yeah Cathy... I got an early start to my day today... I had so much to get done and still haven't finished. And I knew that if I didn't walk in the morning I wouldn't - I was right I am tired

Thanks Mel, How are you & your family doing? Were you guys ill with the flu? If so I do hope that you all are feeling better. You & Cathy have set some great goals... I don't know yet what I want to set. I think I will set one after I see how this week goes.

*Welcome Sherri* Sure you are welcome to join in... this thread is for anyone who wants to set a personal goal and see how well you can stick with it - not being competitive with anyone but yourself and supportive of those on the thread. I look at it like a group of gals who go out daily together for that very important walk of the day

Good to see you all!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/171/150

Default New to the Team

Hi all! im new to the forum, but not new to leslie sansone. i have watp and i have her new walkblaster which i love to death. ive been working out for 27 days, 26 straight. this is the most ive worked out since 1998. i have a newly 4 year old gorgeous son and i want to stick around healthily to watch him grow up and be able to keep up with him as well. anyways now that ive got exercising down, my biggest problem is foot portion and just what i eat period. im so glad u all are here and if i can be of any support im here now as well.................nikki

2/1/05 ******watp 4 miles/walkblaster shape and firm 2 miles

age 30 (31 in march)
sw 205
cw 203 (but developing crazy muscle)
gw 150

Last edited by destinedtolose; 02-01-2005 at 08:16 PM.
destinedtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #7  

congrats Mel! you've really got that scale moving downwards for you!

welcome Sherri! we are glad to have you! and look forward to getting to know you!

hey sunny - hope you get done in time to call in quits and go to bed.

welcome Nikki - we are glad to have to you too! don't ya just love Leslie Sansone's stuff! wow 26 days straight is awesome!

well I didn't get to walk today but I'll hit it tomorrow.

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #8  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Well I added up my miles for January and I walked 52 miles. So I suppassed my goal of 45 miles for the month. I think I will set my goal for Feb. at 50 miles. I got up this morning and did my 2 mile Walk Strong video and then came home from school and walked 2 miles outside before going to my TOPS meeting. I lost another 1/4 pound. So I am still in Onderland. That is my fear that I will gain my weight back and be over 200 pounds again. But I will just keep walking and doing my workouts at Curves and hope that I don't get to be over 200 again. LOL Well I better go and get ready for bed. Wednesday is my long day at school. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #9  

wow Kerry! CONGRATS on the miles walked and on the weight loss!
You are doing marvelous darlin!

I got up early and did my 30 minute 2 mile WATP Express with handweights.

Feb Miles = 2

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #10  
Amy Needs New Shoes

You gals are awesome!

I'm hoping to really get out there this month. Its going to be 60 degrees here this weekend! I can't even believe it. We had a scare of possible ice yesterday (didn't happen) and then to go up to 60! Wow. So I'm gonna get out there and rack up some miles. I'm hoping to finally buy the Leslie Sansome DVD's too. I saw the 2 pack deluxe set for $20 so I'll probably get that soon. Sounds like you're doing good. I hope I can do 1/2 as well this month. Congratulations on all your hard work!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:39 AM   #11  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I just started walking on jan 19th, and last month I walked about 21 miles in a week. This month my goal is to walk 60 miles (fitday tracks this for you! www.fitday.com) I love the walk away the lbs video, I have express, super challenge 4 mile walk. So far I can do 2 miles, am hoping to get to 4 by the end of the month...plus I usually walk outside as well as do the video... next month I'm buying an eliptical, I'm so excited!!!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #12  

Yesterday evening I did the 2 mile walk and some weight training. I plan on walking again, but use the 3 mile one. I was thinking about what my walking goal will be for this month. I think I'll start out at 35 miles and see what happens.

I hope everyone's day is starting out great!
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:46 PM   #13  

Hi all,
I can't remember if I posted on the January thread or not but I've been reading for a while. I'm working on getting my walking mileage up again in the New Year. The main thing for me is planning my day so that I can take the train to work and walk back to the train station in the PM after work. I did it a few times in January but things were so crazy that I didn't get back to my regular schedule of at least 3 times a week.

I'm also registered for the Idita-walk which is a charity thing where you track your minutes Feb 1- Mar 20 and get up to at least 1049 minutes (the same as the number of miles in the Iditarod race) and will be working on that. It works out to 20 or so minutes every day, or more reasonably 30 minutes most days of the week.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #14  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

First off, a BIG welcome to the newbies! I look forward to hearing of all your glorious successes during your weightloss journey!

Secondly, it sure sounds like everyone is off to a great start this month! Good on ya, ladies! Keep it up! Let's all meet our February goals!

As for me, I managed to get 4.25 miles in today! The weather is fantastic... 8C, not bad for the first week of February! Actually, I'm quite impressed since it was only a couple weeks ago that I was whining that it hit -27C! So yes, I'm definitely tickled pink with all this sunny weather!

Getting back OP as far as eating is concerned... last weekend did me in and the scale showed it! So time to get serious again and keep my eyes on the prize! 124 HERE I COME!

Everything else is good... DH is suffering from a nasty cold, men can be such babies! Ah well, he should be right as rain in no time. Hopefully, anyway.

Well ladies, best of luck today! Stay happy and healthy and take extra special care of yourselves!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Default Goin' For The Goal!

Hellooooooooo!

Well...had a doctor appointment today. The bad news is my blood pressure is still up. Gotta try to eat better and monitor my bp at home for a few weeks. Then if it is still up the doc will put me on some lo-dose pill.

The good news is that somehow i managed to lose 7 pounds! Go figure!

Saw some new names in the mix---glad to meet ya!

Sunny has us all started off with some serious motivation and jumped right on in with her 2 mile mark! You go girl!

i will be signing off shortly and will do my Walkblaster before i hit the sack!

Later, deb
debzdogz is offline   Reply With Quote