South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 06:43 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking Thursday Chat 02/10

Just gettin us started this morning since I'm up. Gettin coffee grab a cup and come join me! I'll be back.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #2  

Good Morning!

No time for coffee here! I have to jump in the shower, finish packing stuff for our trip, feed the furry kids, and get to moving! I have today to get my sub stuff all situated and then it is relaxation time! I woke up to the sweetest card on my computer keyboard from DH. Boy does he know me, LOL. Where else could he put it that I would be sure to find it first thing! He is so sweet!

We are going to The Rogers House Bed and Breakfast in Lincoln tonight. Look it up on Google if you are interested in seeing what it is like. I can't believe we get the whole top floor of the house as a suite for $99 a night. That sure beats the heck out of a regular hotel room! I guess we will be back home sometime on Saturday or Sunday. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Nally
Old 02-10-2005, 07:03 AM   #3  

Good Morning! I'm already ahead of you on the coffee (2 cups!)! I have been up writing a paper that is due by noon...I am such a procrastinator! Somehow it always gets done! I should really dedicate anything I write to caffeine...couldn't do it without it!
Hope everyone has a great day!

Toni
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick peck in this morning as I slept in again.

Nally, have a wonderful Anniversary weekend. For a minute there I thought you were making a sub and strted to gt hungry!

Bamie, thanks for the coffee. I raised you well even if we can't communicate because of our accents.

Toni, isn't procrastination fun? I am the Empress of P and stuff always comes together OK at the last minute.

I guess spring is over as the Girls came in loaded with snow last night. They must have had a good playtime because they are still sleeping. This could be the start of a new era.

Last night we had a great pork chop and pepper recipe which I must post. I confess I also had wine with dinner and ended up NOT going to Church for the Ash Wednesday service. I was a 15 minute drive away and down dark and slippery country roads so it was easy to decide not to go.

I'm going to get those lazy dogs up and crank up the day. Jane comes at 11 and I plan to check out the new Super Wal-Mart in Brockville this afternoon. Before that I need to lug the recycle stuff out to the road - does that count as exercise?

Have a thrilling Thursday - especially, Nally and her DH!
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 AM   #5  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all;
I have been lurking for the last few weeks. Wasn't eating good, and felt guilty. Went on a program yesterday and did great. I have caught it just in time before the loss came back. Most of it did. Today is DS birthday and will be celebrating that tomorrow. He took the day off work, so he could have a 3 day weekend. I am still dealing with the loan company for my home improvements, now the guy is out of town until next week.
Nally have fun on your trip.
Ruth get the girls up and moving, what they think it's the weekend already
Toni good luck with your paper
Bamie thanks for the coffee offer.
Me just another day of staying home with the girls. Might go out and get DS his birthday present. Will work on some cleaning today.
check in again later.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:36 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Ok I'm back. DH is gone and the kids are slowly headin towards the door. I have to work on the kitchen today!!!!!!!!!! (Keep repeating to self!) I woke up early for some reason so I went ahead and got up. I was supposed to go with my MIL to her churches Children's Home but she has got some stomach bug and is to sick to go so now I have a free day. (Work on kitchen) DD has a ride to soccer with another parent today so I don't even think I will have to leave the house today. (work on kitchen)

Ruth... Maybe that is the same problem I have with my kids. We have different accents! lol

Nally... That is so sweet of DH. I hope you 2 have a wonderful relaxing time.

tlcstar... I kind of put things off til the last minute myself. (work on kitchen) DH hates it and I can't help it.

DH says he is gettin the kitchen walls finished this weekend while I am gone (again). So I have to finish strippin the paper today! Some places he is goin to have to mud over the paper it will not come off because they painted over it. I have to go to TN. again because I had 6 new recruits this week and I have to go train them. We have a really good sign up special right now and people are signin up like crazy! I was lookin forward to a weekend home. I'm off to work on the kitchen! lol Have a great day all. If you pecked in while I have taken forever then Hello!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:06 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Nally, have a wonderful time with your DH, you lucky girl, you!

Toni, I am so with you re: procrastinating. All of my schooling consisted of last-minute assignments. It started out as sheer laziness, but after a while it became habit, and the muse didn't hit me until the last minute.

Ruth, have fun at Walmart... watch the roads, hon!

Chipper, your little loves are absolute dolls. Hope DH enjoys his birthday!!

Bamie, I read somewhere about using fabric softener on wallpaper. Just a thought.
I'm heading off to finish sanding the kitchen cabinets over the sink. I'm sort of sad to see the blue go, but the screaming red and yellow is going to perk me right up.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning everybody

Ruth~I also have been in the wine lately. Had a wonderful Pinot Noir the other day

Ellis~Yes, I rode my bike. Thanks for the Lent notice (you do try to keep me in line, don't ya ). It sounds like you are really making progress in your kitchen. I can't wait to see the red & yellow makeover pics!!!

Bamie~~I feel for ya with the wallpaper situation, girl!!

Laurie~~Have fun on your anniversary!!

Chipper~~Hang in there. We all have those days (or weeks).

Me~The granite countertops are set to arrive any minute now. I am so excited and nervous. I was hoping to be able to have them installed before my anniversary which is on Valentines Day.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:47 AM   #9  

Good Morning all Slow again this morning. Got my HUGE mug of coffee beside me and now~~~~the awakening.

Nally ~ Have a great time hon. Sounds like a really nice B&B and cheap too That's always a plus. You guys relax and no worries

Bamie/Kellie too ~ OOOOOOHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM----WORK ON THE KITCHEN ~ I am also sending you subliminal messages so that maybe you will actually get er done today
I don't think it will get done with mental telepathy though.

If your DH is like mine (and it sounds like they are 2 peas) he fusses at you for procrastinating - but doesn't realize his shortcomings. I have been waiting for months for mine to put up new light fixtures outside beside the front door. A snowball has a better chance in of this happening before summer gets here. Oh well, I guess I could do what I normally do and that is to try to do it myself and then he'll get off his rump and try to "teach me" how to do it. Works like a charm most of the time anyway

TLC ~ I used to HATE writing papers. So time consuming - and it always seemed to come at the most inopportune time

Ruth ~ You sure are getting alot of sleep in lately ~ How 'bout send some this way Did the girls come in and shake all over your kitchen floor? That's what my Buster does. Wipes his feet at the door and then goes in a little further and shakes all over the carpet in the Living Room KIDS!!!

Chipper ~ What KIND of cake???????? MMMMMMMMM (I can DREAM - can't I)

Hey, maybe someone will come up with a CAKE diet (YUM)

Ellis ~ Have fun sanding. Red and yellow huh? I wanna see some pics when you're done. Sounds interesting.

Me ~ I made a new concoction last night for dinner. Was really yummy. (If anyone here loves italian food - it will ring a bell) I took lean turkey sausage (the long stuff comes (2) to a pack Butterball) cut it up, browned it in a skillett and added (2) cups Carb Options spaghetti sauce and a can of Italian Green Beans. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes and PRESTO - dinner for 2. It takes about 20 minutes all total.

Well, better go ~ work to do. I'll check in later.

Have a great day on the beach all
Old 02-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #10  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Everyone~

Nally~Have a Great time!! Lincoln is just an hour and a half from me. (I think that's the right distance). The place looks great! I bookmarked it.

Ruth~Wine?? YUM!! I want to get a good bottle for Valentine's Day. Any suggestions?

TLC~Good luck with the paper! I am the procrastinator queen I think. I ALWAYS wait til the last minute.

Chipper~WELCOME!

Bamie/Ellis/2BFit~Good luck with the kitchen today!

Raynesmom~That recipe sounds great! I think I will try it.

Me~Not a whole lot going on today. I did manage to go get a key to the fitness center yesterday. Now, to just get back down there & actually exercise there. Today, the usual going on. Housework, then work this evening. By the way, is it Spring yet?! I'm so sick of the cold and seeing snow on the ground!

Well, i'm off to get some things done. Have a great OP Day!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #11  

I'm definitely feeling better today. I went back to the doctor yesterday and he put me on zithromax since my chest was congested. I'm still on the Azmacort too. My son is home with the flu today too but we got him in to be tested for strep (negative) and the flu (which he has). He is on the drug that reduces the severity and doesn't even seem sick (beyond the cough and fever). I hope it stays that way. He's even been busy with schoolwork all morning so I can get work done from home.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:39 AM   #12  
hottie in training

ok how do i join this thread. i need some motivation. i feel my will to keep on SB'ing waining. (typical for me when i start a new 'diet')

my wedding is july 16. my dress will be in mid-april, and i am also MOH in a friend's wedding june 11. lot of pressure!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:40 AM   #13  

Barb ~ Sorry about DS - but I am glad that you are feeling better. I think I would rather be sick than for Rayney to be sick. Bless her heart, she's so pitiful when she feels bad.

Gotta go chicks - check in later

PS - Amber - let me know how you llike it. My DH LOVES it.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #14  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Oh goodness Barb!! On the upside, glad you're feeling better, on the downside, so sorry your son has the flu now. Sooo much of it going around. Luckily none of us have had the flu. The baby has been sick but not too awfully bad. Just cranky with it! Hope you & your son get over the flu quickly!

Jenn~welcome to the beach!! Your motivation is this...You're going to look soooo great in those dresses!! You've lost 6 pounds already, just think of what could happen if you stick with it! Make yourself proud! And, don't be afraid of messing up. I do it often! LOL I have lost 10pounds so far, started 1month ago. I have messed up, um, a few times. **YOU CAN DO IT!!**
Old 02-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #15  

Jenn - You join this thread just by posting in it like you did. We always like having new people participate. It can be hard to find motivation sometimes. I wonder if a "before" picture and a picture of your wedding dress would help motivate you? Also, are you exercising? I have really found that some of the toning classes at the gym have made a huge difference in how trim I look (I had a lot to lose though). Only one class that I've taken really helps tone the arms much which may be important if your gown bares your arms. You can do this! You will be a beautiful bride!

Rayneysmom - I know what you mean. Brian used to get strep a lot before he had his adenoids out and it just tore me apart to see him sick. He is skipping around the room to the music on the TV and making huge progress on homework right now so I think we really caught this early enough.
Closed Thread