General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:52 AM   #1  

Default jenny craig, help please

hi all,
I am considering trying jenny craig, i have about 60 pounds to lose and was wondering if any of you have tired it and what your experience has been. any input would be greatly appreciated. tia. angelia
GonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't know if there is anyone currently on Jenny Craig here...but I will try to corral a few members I know who have done it in the past! Hopefully you will have some responses soon!

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 02:49 PM   #3  

thank yo so much, i appreciate it. your stats are great which plan do you follow?
GonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #4  

I exercise 7 days a week...6 days more intensely with a rotation of belly dancing, power walking, and strength training-and yoga on the 7th day. (Not power yoga or anything really heavy-gentle yoga-focusing on stretching/flexibility and relaxation)

I am a calorie counter-but I try to eat as clean as much as possible-staying away from white pasta/dinner rolls/refined cereals/sugar when I can.
I eat lean meat, soy, skim dairy, and a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables-organic when possible. When I do eat bread or pasta-it is whole wheat-and I only have a portion or two of that per week. I am also a more "natural" eater-choosing organic produce and products when I can.
So-I calorie count-but I try to stay away from "junk" and heavily processed food.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:59 AM   #5  

Okay...I hope this helps you.

The Jenny Craig plan has you sign their contract for a certain period of time, and you start out eating their packaged meals with some of your own additions. (fruit, skim dairy, etc.) After a while you can use some more real foods in there...and their recipes, etc.
The key thing is that some people (including a moderator here) have tried the food and did not like it at all. Go to the Jenny Craig website if you have not already signed up at a center-and they have sample packages available online to try their stuff out. It will have a "sample menu" to show you an example day on their plan (what you would be eating) as well as a handful of samples of their packaged foods. It is better to spend $20 or so and sample the food and plan to see if it would be tolerable to you, than to sign the contract, pay for it and a bunch of their food-and hate it.
Check out their sample packages first, try it, then decide.

Aphil
Old 02-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #6  

Just to add to that - a friend of mine did Jenny Craig a while back. She found the foods to be palatable - but expensive. I think this was the main problem. It was not sustainable as she could not afford to keep paying for the high priced foods.
BigJimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #7  

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.
I've been on Jenny Craig since May 04 and to date I have lost 47 pounds.
I find that the frozen food is better than the shelf storage items. Although the food is costly so is being overweight...besides buying food in the market costs too.
Presently, I prepare my own food 2 days a week and with the new rewards program discount I spend about $45-$50 per week. I also use the 100 calorie snack packs and smartones ice cream cones for snacks. These cost less and work for me in the program.
Hope this helps...good luck
luvrich is offline   Reply With Quote