South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 06:14 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Monday Beach Chat 02/07

Good morning, Chicks~~

I'm enjoying my last few mornings of being able to post with you all...As of Thursday, I'll be a late evening chick.

Got a lot accomplished yesterday in the kitchen. Made my veggie "lasagna". Layers of eggplant and yellow squash with SF marinara sauce and topped with some bruschetta, then baked very slowly. It looks absolutely magnifico!!

The leek broth got made and sampled. Pretty tasty, but not something I want to have every single day of my life unless I dress it up with some chicken breast, a little salsa, and some brown rice with some chunks of avocado thrown in. (That's called Sopa Xochitl btw)

I also cooked some pinto beans in the crockpot to go with some kale and chard I bought.

Told you I went nutso at the farmers market.

I've been writing like a fiend, as well. I think I got about 10 pages written while dh watched the first half of the football game last night.

I'll be taking my Alphasmart with me to work and hopefully, it will continue to be a fairly slow pace so I can continue the momentum.

That's about it...dh will be wanting the 'puter soon, and I need to go drink my leek broth.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 02-07-2005, 07:07 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin Mama.... Now I have a face to go with a name! Tell DH he has buildings to inspect no time for gamin! hahaha

Good morning all! I am tryin to get ready to go but I am slow this mornin. But I gotta get goin lots to do. I hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-07-2005, 07:10 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Bamie~

He just left for work...he got in a couple games of baseball... I have about five minutes left before I head out. Just wanted to see who'd popped in while I was away.

HAGD~~

Mamacita
Old 02-07-2005, 07:15 AM   #4  

Good Morning ladies! I hope all are well.

Yesterday I held a baby shower for my sister-in-law. She is due very soon and is very ready to have that baby! We had a good time.

I am trying very hard to stay in a good positive mood. The atmosphere at work on Friday was hard for me to handle. Poor Margaret is having a very tough time since they found the crashed plane and noone is expecting to find survivors. Obviously she isn't at school, but everyone is thinking and talking about her and praying that she will make it through this tough time. I guess we are going to have grief counselors at school this morning from the district.

I don't want to be a downer here on the boards, but my problems and issues seem so insignificant compared to what she is going through. Your continued prayers are appreciated. Thanks for being such a loving and caring group of women! I hope you all have a great day.

/hugs
Nally
Old 02-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Nally, you're not being a downer at all, hon. We all have rough times to get through... that's just life. It's part of who we are, and we're here for each other through the good times and the bad. Continuing prayers for dear Margaret.

Mama, that Sopa Xochitl definitely sounds better that leek broth.

Bamie, get going, girl! Had any coffee yet?

I had a fun time last night with a group of girls... we went out to an Indian restaurant for an "anti-Superbowl" celebration. The food was AMAZING, and the company was great.
I'm just getting ready to see my psychi... must run... love you all!
Old 02-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

good morning chicks, sorry I was not around on the week end but I was busy sat and sunday I was feeling under the weather and we got the new puppy. Plus I have fallen off the wagon and am feeling a little ticked with myself. I have not been over eating just not eating the right things. Well I have to run for a bit and grab a shower before the baby comes for the morning or I won't get anything done. Then I have an app with the Dr for my yearly. I will check back in later.

Nally- my thoughts and prayers are with you friend. I could not even imagine what she is going through.

morning Bamie and Mama, and to the rest of you chicks to come.
Morning to you to Ellis we were posting at the same time.

Here is a picture of our newest addition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my little howie.jpg (46.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 02-07-2005, 08:30 AM   #7  

ooooh, Little Chick... he is such a little darling!!
Get back on the wagon with me today, girl!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

What an adorable little puppy, L.C.! He'll have you all wrapped around his tiny paws in no time, if he hasn't all ready! You had company falling off the wagon over the weekend. I was at my DD's, and we ate out most of the time. I tried to stay OP, but I was just too weak I guess. And this after being really good on Phase 1 for 2 weeks! Oh well, today's a new day and a new start.
It was a pretty good game last night, I thought. I don't know a lot about football, but it looked to me like the Eagles fought hard. Our sports teams are cursed, and sooner or later some team has got to break it.
Ellis, it sounds like you had a good time at your "anti-Superbowl" party! It's so much fun to be out with our friends, and really makes you relax.
Nally, I'm really sad to hear about your friend. I've been following that story on the news, it's such a shame. I hope you get your test results back this week and everything is a go.
Bamie, is the coffee ready yet? I discovered I'm out of coffee so tea has to do til I go to the store. I don't like the coffee Jake drinks, my Senseo has spoiled me.
Mamacita, make sure you let us know if the leek broth thing works for you. It doesn't sound very appealing to me, but if it works I can do it for 48 hours.
Have I missed anyone? HAGD everyone!

Kiko, CONGRATULATIONS on expecting a baby girl!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

I actually slept until 7:15 this morning! It was so strange to wake up in daylight!

Mamacita and Bamie, I'm so glad you enjoyed your IRL meeting! Isn't it great to meet someone you already know pretty well from their posts? Next time take a tape recorder so we can hear you two speak.

Nally, yes, our pissy little concerns look pretty petty compared to what poor Margaret is enduring. I'm holding her in prayer.

Little Chick, I love the new baby! Do you have another dog too? I see one in the background. The best gift you can give a dog is another dog to play with.

Ellis, isn't the "spring" weather great? I actually walking around the back deck in my robe this morning and sipped my coffee. I hope it hasn't screwed the Canal for Winterlude!

Hi Cottage! I'm ticked off with myself too. My head says I'm OP most of the time but there have been several "transgressions" this past week. No gain, but no loss. By the way, I was cheering for your team last night. It looked like a pretty good game.

It was my online WW weigh-in this morning and I have not lost one darn pound and I know why! I've not been resisting the wine with dinner but today that all changes. I am stocking up on diet gingerale and cranberry and that's what will be in my wineglass.

I've not been doing too well on veggies lately (although not as badly as SOME people.) Today I think I'll cut up peppers, celery, carrots, fennel, broccoli and cauliflower and fill my 4 cup measure. I should be OK if I eat all those, right? I'm also planning veggies soup for lunch and beef fajitas with peppers and mushrooms for dinner so today should be a good veggie day. I am not keen on salads this time of year unless they are made with those lovely mixed greens which are not available in Delta.

I have to do some Fair Board work this morning and need to go out for an ink cartridge before I print it off. Geez, those things are pricey! I may just as well buy a new printer and get one free. On the way, I'll pop into the vet and weigh Lucy who seems to be plumping up a bit. Gotta keep those Girls in shape so they have a long and healthy life. My vet says overweight is the most common cause of disease in pets.

Gotta dash as Monday is well underway.

Hi to all the new folks and to those who peck in after me.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:17 AM   #10  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Wow, we had springlike weather for 3days and today, we wake up to snow on the ground. UGH!! Is it Spring yet??!! I am soo ready.

Nally~I'm so sorry about your friend. I was thinking of her when I heard that a Topeka girl was on that plane as well. What those families, along with all the other families have suffered, i ca'nt even imagine. She will be in my thoughts.

Everyone else, GOOD MORNING!! It's Monday! Time to jump back on the wagon.

I too haven't done so well this weekend. I have regretted it though. So, time for no regrets, move past it and start the day anew. I will be OP again today. I didn't even weigh this morning as i'm afraid. You know, the scale isn't always so nice. Not much planned for me today, housework, housework, more housework, and then work. Oh ya, gotta have my nap in there, i'm sooo tired!! I'll check back in later!

Have a GREAT OP day!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #11  

I guess I will call the Dr office when they open in 6 minutes and see if she can see me. My fever isn't that high right now but then it's only been a couple of hours since I took two Advil. I usually try to tough stuff like this out since it's probably viral and there is nothing she can do.

Nally - so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll keep her in my thoughts.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:31 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I hope it hasn't screwed the Canal for Winterlude!
WHO CARES!!!
Ruth, I thought of you the other night... DH and I walked up to Centennial Park and had a beaver tail. Half-way through, it turned to sawdust in my mouth. (yes, I ate it anyhow)
Hugs for you and Harry and the Girls.

Amber and Cottage... come on, girls!! Let's have a really good OP day to start off the week!!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:32 AM   #13  

Oh, Barb... I missed your post... I'm glad you're seeing the doctor, hon. Take care.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:53 AM   #14  

Good Morning All

Ruth~ to be sure you are not referring to veggie haters like myself I am trying anyway. Can't get the old chick peas down though. 7:15 huh??? I remember those days. Of course they were pre-Rayney

Mama & Bamie ~ Glad you two had a great time. Hope to see some pics soon.

Nally ~ Tell Dear Margaret that I'm praying for her. I cannot imagine what **** she is going thru.

Cottage ~ Good game but nothing impressive. I think that is the first Superbowl in 15 years in which I saw no really GREAT plays. It was like watching a scrimmage in my opinion. I was pulling for the Eagles, but they absolutely FELL APART. Could have done much better but at least they only lost by 3 points rather than the 10 or 12 point spread that just about everyone thought. Oh Well, I think all that I gained from that was a pound or two from all the foods that were non-Beach. Back OP today but feeling miserable. Those cookies were good at the time, but now I'm paying for it.

Ellis ~ What exactly is a Beaver Tail? I assume it is food of some type, but with the sawdust comment, I'm not sure

Barb ~ So sorry you are feeling under the weather. I ran a fever with my sinus infection a couple weeks ago. So maybe it is bacterial. Hope you feel better soon

Amber ~ Way too chipper for a Monday girlie

Well not much to tell here - work, work and more work. Have you done this yet, have you seen that, where do we keep the----- etc, etc.

Hope you all have a great day. Supposed to be around 64 degrees here today. Maybe spring will come soon.

Will check back in later - Have a great day on the beach
Old 02-07-2005, 09:54 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Happy Monday. I stayed up too late watching football. Actually being a Marketing person for 16 years I really just watch the commercials and a little football. DS and I had a date last night, my parents went to a football party. We had beef tenderloin, king crab legs and salad. We haven't done that since we moved into DM & DF's house. He's getting better at cracking crab legs. Probably not very OP but we had fun. They always have crab legs on sale on Superbowl Sunday.

I survived the lonely weekend without cutie pie. It really is the best that this just go away. I just got rid of an emotional rollercoaster marriage that lasted 13 years, I really don't need to develop a co-dependent relationship with someone who is riding an emotional rollercoaster. Thanks for all your support!

Bami & Mama - PICTURES? Where are they?

Naly - You hit it right on the money. I made myself think about your co-worker when I was trying to feel sorry for myself this weekend. She is in my prayers.

Oops got to run - student needs assistance. I'll peep back in later and post to everyone!
Closed Thread