South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 05:51 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Friday Chick Chat.

Morning chicks I will get us started this morning. I am going to grab a cup of tea and I will return. For any of you who are tea drinkers the pot is ready pull up a chair and grab a cup and enjoy the day.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:35 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Happy Friday! Is anyone else REALLY glad it's the weekend??? Today is my gyn appointment. I sure hope she's in the mood to listen to my weight woes, if not, I'm grabbing her by the stethoscope and forcing her to listen!

Bamiegirl and I are meeting IRL tomorrow. Can't wait! Should be lots of fun! Unfortunately, it can't be too long of a gabfest, since dh and I have errands to run and he's being a sweetie and running me all the way into downtown Atlanta to her hotel. You have to be a real VIP to get me out of my comfort zone! But I'll have a cameral with me and I'll have DH take pictures and figure out a way to post one.

Okay, time for breakfast. Scrambled eggs and oatbread toast this morning, I think.

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 02-04-2005, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Girls, L.C. the tea sounds good, but I alrready made coffee, thanks anyway! What were you growling about yesterday? Mamacita, do you have any extra eggs? I hope you and Bamie have fun reunion! I'm passing time waiting for rush hour traffic to thin out before heading across the river to NJ to spend the weekend with DD and family. Her 6 week check-up is today, so I'll stay with the little one while she's at her appt. and then when Caitie gets home from school we'll do something fun. Jake wants me home on Sunday though to spend some time with him, and to watch the BIG GAME together. What's everyone else doing?
Old 02-04-2005, 07:30 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin chickies! Quick drive by. I have a ton of stuff to do and DH is already are you ready yet! lol Can't wait til tomorrow to meet Mama. How sweet of her DH to bring her. I'll put my best smile on! teehee I think I will grab my blanket and try to nap on the ride over! I don't see it happenin but a girl can dream. I made lasagna with Zucinni (sp?) lastnight. I really liked it. I was surprised a little. lol I made the kids reg. for the w-end so it would be easy for Mom. Ok I have to scoot out of here before I getted booted! lol I see him lurkin! Have a great w-end all and stay OP! Go whoever you want to win the big game! lol
Old 02-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies!

I have been MIA the last few days because it has been so busy around here. We are getting new furniture delivered in a few days and had to get rid of the old and clean, etc etc.

I also am VERY ready for the weekend. I was a TOTAL grouch at school yesterday. I am hoping today is better! I think everyone else is getting a little stressed because there is a post in the workroom at school about everyone meeting for drinks after school tonight, I am going to go along and hang out!

I am still waiting here for my DNA tests to come back. Why do 2 - 3 weeks fly by when you are not waiting for something? Ugh!

It sounds like people have some fun planned for this weekend. I hope the reunion in Atlanta goes well! Have fun! I am holding a baby shower on Sunday and tomorrow morning I am getting my hair cut. I may have her just totally restyle it, I haven't decided yet!

Well.. off to the library! We had class pictures taken in there yesterday and it is a MESS!!

Have a great day all!

Nally
Old 02-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Bamie and Mamacita, have fun together! It's such a treat to meet someone from here on the threads.

Little Chick, tea gives me roll-around-on-the-floor pain, so I'll stick with my coffee, thanks. Hope you have a better day today, hon.

Cottage, have a wonderful time with your DD and family!!

I think I have a day alone today, apart from a psychiatrist appointment for my DD. I think I may not try to get too much done... I feel in need of a cozy day... a book and a blanket on the chaise lounge.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:01 AM   #7  

Nally, I missed your post... enjoy your after school drinks, hon, and try to destress.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:05 AM   #8  
Ready!!!

Hi Chicks,
Fly by as I am waiting for calls, very busy today, buying moms house from DB,.
Quickly, diet is going wondeful, weghed 159# this morning???? Thats 6#?????
Now to stay with it,,
Well I will check back tonight,
Love Taz
Old 02-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #9  

Taz, good luck today, hon! I hope everything goes well.
And congratulations on the weight loss... you're doing it, girl!!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in quickly. Life keeps getting away from me these days! I'm trying to get her to slow down but she keeps grabbing the bit in her teeth and dashing off!

Jane came on time yesterday and I spent a very full five hours doing wine, hitting WallyWorld, buying dog food and making nice at Peter's wake. I really don't know his family at all but they know me! I'm starting to worry about that! Jane helped me carry the groceries and dog food meat into the house but the wine is still in the car. I need to do that this morning as I am going to Peter's funeral and it's not too cooth to have two batches of wine sloshing around in your car!

This afternoon, after the funeral feast, I'll make dog food and also make a huge fruit salad for tomorrow morning's annual Church meeting. Somebody is making tourtiere which is not traditional breakfast fare in my opinion. Maybe I can snitch a piece for Harry's lunch. I'm getting sick of cooking after making two roast chickens and a cauldron of ham and pea soup for Peter's family. I think we may have burgers for dinner and use the barbie if it doesn't turn really cold again. The deck is nearly clear and should dry if it's sunny today.

Gotta dash - my tub is running and I need to wash and dry this hair and tiddle up for the funeral.

TGIF, indeed!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:53 AM   #11  

Good morning all. I am SOOOO GLAD IT IS FRIDAY I COULD . This has been the LONGEST week for me. I guess because I've not had very much sleep. Very grumpy according to the DH. I told him if he had to stay up with Rayney all night long - he'd be grumpy too.....MEN!!

Anyway, if I can just get through today, I'll be OK. Tomorrow is HIS day to get up in the AM with her. But then, he always lets her in the bedroom about 7:30am to wake me up . Oh well.

Ellis - I do so envy you the blanket, book and chaise. What I would do for an entire day ALONE

Bamie & Mama - Have a great time - not too much gossip now ladies

Taz -

Super Bowl get together at the house this weekend that I have yet to go shopping for. Dragging this week

GUESS WHAT!!!!! I have on a pair of my size 6 jeans today Lost 3 more pounds
I haven't been able to fit in them since August!!! I am SO happy.

Well, better git for now. Hope all of you have a great day on the Beach.

Oh BTW - The EAGLES are going to win the Superbowl I have faith
Old 02-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #12  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Another week, over. So quick. Hard to believe my baby is officially a year old. He had such a good day yesterday, until about 4, then it was CRANKINESS! Until cake of course, then he was much happier. I caved for dinner last night. We ALWAYS have what the birthday person wants for dinner so I had some of the nasty bad stuff. Hopefully it doesn't do too much damage. I didn't have alot but probably enough for my body to freak out on me. I was a bit ill when I went to bed last night. NO MORE for me!! Back to good food today. Hope the Atlanta meeting goes well!! I LOVE meeting people i've been talking to for awhile. It's such fun!

Kelly~Congrats on the weight loss! That's great!!

Everyone else~ Have a great weekend!!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

LC, you sweetheart! I've always been a tea drinker, but especially so on the beach...it seems to quell my sweet tooth! I have eight boxes of tea in my desk at work, and countless more at home. I think it's an obsession!

Mama, I'm with you...I'm thrilled that it's the weekend, but I have a huge paper to write, so that's not as thrilling. Have a blast with Bamie...can't wait to see two pics of your gorgeous chicks! Your toast sounds so good...I can't wait to eat more than one starch each day!

Cottage, that is one enviable-sounding day! <wistful> Have fun!!!

Bamie, have a great vacation and enjoy meeting Mama! Don't forget pictures... and when you get back, I'd love the recipe for the zucchini lasagna...sounds yummy!

Nally, could the class pictures be to blame for your grouchiness? I know that would make me grouchy! I hope today is much better! Enjoy the shower and hair cut!

Ellis, your day sounds great too! I can't wait to quit working and stay at home! I hope things go better with DD's psychi... Why does tea make you sick? All tea, or is herb tea okay?

Taz, congrats on the 6 lbs!!! That's great news, and you certainly deserve some!

Ruth, no wonder you're sick of cooking! That's a lot of work! What do you feed the dogs? My mom used to make a carrot/egg/brown rice combo for our dog who had tons of allergies. Do you do the BARF diet with the dogs? Sorry, that name always makes me laugh. What's the deal with the wine...does someone you know own a vineyard? And what is tourtiere?

Rayneysmom, congrats on the jeans!!! Sorry about the sleep...hope you can convince DH to give you a break on Saturday and take Rayney somewhere so you can get a nap!

Amb_lyn, you may want to Phase 1 it for a day or two to get back on track. So glad the baby's birthday went well!

Me:
Well, the scale went down to 220 today! I'm thrilled, but a bit irritated with myself for not going to the gym today. I was exhausted and after tons of "Downward Dog" in Yoga on Wednesday and arm workouts at Jazzercise yesterday, I didn't think I could do the beginning of my "hard" week for weights. I'll try to fit in Pilates tomorrow to get my body moving.

Lots to do...I have a paper to write for Monday, and my usual reading and homework. Tomorrow is DH's birthday. He's a low-key guy and doesn't usually want any fuss. I'm going to make a german meal we had earlier this year that he liked. It sounds weird, but is good...lean slices of beef wrapped around dill pickles with turkey bacon and a dark brown sauce. I'll make WW spaetzle with it and some braised cabbage and onions. I'll try to make an SBD-friendly apple crisp for dessert and we can either make some SF vanilla ice cream or we can buy some of the carb options kind as a one-time treat. Should be a nice evening.

Have a great weekend, chickies!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
What do you feed the dogs? My mom used to make a carrot/egg/brown rice combo for our dog who had tons of allergies. Do you do the BARF diet with the dogs? Sorry, that name always makes me laugh. What's the deal with the wine...does someone you know own a vineyard? And what is tourtiere?
I'm on my way out the door but here are a few quick answers:

1. I do the BARF diet - ground chicken and ground bones, veggies and some fruit, liver, etc. It's well named BARF which stands for biologically appropriate raw food. Both my Girls are thriving on it. Hersh's poor health was because she was NOT on it but on commercial dogfood when nursing the pupos!

2. I go to a make-your-own wine place - Brew Bye You. Good stuff and reasonable prices and not whole lot of work or fuss.

3. Tortiere is a French Canadian meat pie, usually in a lard crust filled with dense pork and fat and spices! A diet disaster! Luckily I hate it!

My chariot awaits. Bye now.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:19 AM   #15  

Ladies... I need your prayers and good thoughts today. We were just informed that the daughter of one of our staff members was one of the Americans on the lost Afghan plane that went down yesterday. They are not expecting survivors. It is a sad, sad thing. My friend's name is Margaret. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Nally
Closed Thread