South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 06:09 AM   #1  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Default Jumping back in here!

I have not been on this board in probably 2 years now..... I loved it back then, but didn't lose the weight I wanted (but made a good friend along the way!).

I have 4 mo. old twin girls now, and am at approx. 210 lbs. I would like to be 175 as my first goal.

DH and I started South Beach on 1/1, and did great for 2-3 weeks..... but the scale stopped moving, and my birthday rolled around on 1/28 and I have been eating like crap now (since my brain is telling me it's not helping anyway, so I might as well eat what I want!)

I'm hoping to jump back on "the wagon" starting now. What do I do about the stupid scale? throw it out? only get on it once/month? and what is a reasonable weight loss to expect per month? 3-4 lbs? I guess as long as my clothes keep fitting better, that is the main thing - not what the scale says!

I appreciate any motivation / feedback! Thanks!
Old 02-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Shyla, Welcome to the Beach! You are so lucky to have little twin baby girls!!! I bet they keep you pretty busy? I'm happy to hear that you decided to get back on the wagon. You just have to take it one day at a time, and the important thing to remember is that your weight will usually fluxuate from day to day. To help boost your spirits, take your measurements instead. You will be surprised to see how fast those inches are dissappearing. I think it's reasonable to expect a weight loss of about 1lb a week if you are staying OP and drinking a lot of water. And it is really important to DRINK THAT WATER. Losing weight is not easy, but the SBD is a healthy way of doing it, and just think of what this way of eating is doing for your body. Good luck to you, and I really hope you stick with it.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Shyla welcome to the sand. (again) Glad you decided to rejoin us. Just remember you didn't gain it over night and it is not gonna come off over night. Atleast that is what I keep tellin myself! lol Kiss those sweet baby girls for me! Oh how precious! I have a new great niece that is a few weeks old. Babys just warm the heart IMHO!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:27 AM   #4  
Hope I don't lose my butt

S/C/G: 296/285/170

Height: 5-9

Default me too! me too!

Can I join too? I found this place from Shyla, and I have quite a bit to lose as well. I had twin boy girl and they are six months, but I have never kicked all the weight from my first baby girl, who is now three. I gained one hundred pounds with her, and only lost about sixty, plus what I gained with the babies. I look forward to losing lots of weight with you guys!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Shyla, welcome back!
You mentioned making a good friend here... that's what I love best about this board... I've made a number of good friends here, and they've made the world of difference in my life.
And Alice, we're so glad to have you join us, too!

Wow... you each have twins!! I do believe that experience builds character.

Use the scale the way you'd like to. Don't let anyone else influence the way you track your loss. Some of us (myself included) weigh everyday, while others are once-a-weekers.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:42 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey sure jump in the water is warm! Welcome.... please kiss your babies as well! lol
Old 02-03-2005, 09:47 AM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

*~* Welcome to the Beach Shyla & Alice! *~*
Old 02-03-2005, 09:55 AM   #8  

Hi Shyla and Alice!
Old 02-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #9  

Hi Shyla and welcome back. You may lose up to 5-10 pounds in phase one if you stick to it then about 1-2 pounds a week after that. This will slow down as you get closer to your goal weight but a slower weight loss is easier to maintain long term. I jump on the scales every day and also take my measurements. Sometimes the scales don't budge but my clothes get looser and sometimes the scales move and none of my clothes feel any different on. For me monitoring my weight is essential. When I don't own or use bathroom scales the pounds slip on so easily but a lot of experts recommend not relying on the scales. You just need to figure out what works for you.
Closed Thread