South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 06:21 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Hump Day Chat 02/02

Good morning, Chicks~~

I'm a grumpy chick this morning. Yesterday was the inservice for the nursing home I'll be doing draws for starting next week. To put it bluntly, I was lied to by my boss and the little weasel wasn't even man enough to show face. He blew off the meeting. Turns out it won't be a 2 day a week job...it's a 5 day a week and sometimes 6. Basically, I'm going to be working a job and a half. My day will start around 4:30 am and not ending until 5:00 pm. I'm so stressed out at the thought of it, I couldn't sleep last night and my stomach is in knots.

At least I have until the 10th to plot my strategy...one of which is to get over to the boss's office and demand a raise...

Not much else going on this morning...what's new in your world?

Mamacita
Old 02-02-2005, 06:42 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Mama... If it ain't your BIL it's your stinkin boss! Looks like us chickies are gonna have to load up and head to Ga. to kick some peach fuzz butt! UGH! The nerve of that man! Don't stress over it just do the best you can and if it does not work out then stop doin the extra. I'll be in Atlanta this w-end if you need me to come help you straighten him out. I'll have some free time while DH is learning how to run the AYSO for our region.lol

Me not much happenin. It's Raining right now. I'm up way before my time and I hate it. I couldn't sleep. I decided to clean house all day yesterday and take Mom to get her glasses today. I hope it stops raining I rolled her hair for her lastnight. lol I've not seen my Mom in curlers since I was a kid! I am so tired of sheetrock dust and it has only just begun! lol

Well I hope you all have a great OP day! I'll check in later.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:45 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Mamacita, that is terrible. Little bugger! You definitely deserve a huge raise and he'd better give it to you. Tell him I'll have his balls for bookends!

I'm a bit slow this morning. I was home from my Blooms meeting by 8:30, had a glass of red to celebrate not being chair of the committee and fell asleep with The Girls on the couch until 12! I'm feeling just a bit stiff and rickety but the drugs are working and a coffee will make it all better.

This morning Lucy goes to Holly for "fur styling" and Hershey and I carry on to the vet office so she can have her stitches removed. It should be no problem as the incision looks good. Now my #1 baby is officially retired and can enjoy the rest of her life. We'll both be glad when this knee lets me take her for long walks as she's going a bit stir-crazy.

I've been a bit draggy the past week but today is the day I'm getting my zip back. It's also Groundhog Day. I wonder if he'll see his shadow. Spring's always six weeks from now or later anyhow. However, I may hang my kittywillow wreath on the side door just for encouragement AFTER I take down the Christmas lights.

Have a super Hump Day chickies.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:46 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

We were posting together, Bamiegurl. Yup, let's go get that damned boss and kick his butt. And while we're at it, we'll "do" BIL too. Rain is better than ice, right? I hope it eases off before you have to go out to get those glasses.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:11 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth I'll send the kids to walk the dog for you. They just love takin our dog for a walk. Well our dog loves takin them for a drag! lol Yea I say we head to the peach state and kick us some butt! Yes I will take rain over ice any day! Be careful out today and give the baby a hug. lol
Old 02-02-2005, 07:14 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

LOL!! Bamie, what part of Atlanta will you be in? Will you have time for an IRL? I don't have much on the schedule for the weekend if you want to get together for a cup of coffee or something... Just PM me and let me know!

Ruth, you'd be more than welcome to those bookends, but I seriously doubt weather he has the equipment to provide them! I know he has no spine, so why should he have gonads???

Ok, spinach is all cooked, cheese is sliced. So, I'm outta here.

HAGD everyone and have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 02-02-2005, 08:18 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Gonads! Geez, youse Southern ladies have a lotta couth!
Old 02-02-2005, 08:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey chicks, if you need an extra foot to help kick his A** just let me know! I'll be happy to oblige, and he surely deserves it. Make sure you demand a BIG raise, Mamacita.
I've got the laundry going and had my Curves workout, so I'm taking a breather with a cup of coffee and a chat, although I don't have much to say. It's such a georgous day out today that I just might go for a nice long walk. I didn't get to the wallpaper fixing yesterday, but I'm going to try Bamie's idea of painting the glue on and going over it with a roller. That should work. For supper tonight I'm going to try the Shrimp Fried Rice. It should be interesting "ricing" the cauliflower, but I love cauliflower, so it can't be too bad. I'll check in again later.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:43 AM   #9  

Ruth,

We southerners have a way of saying the most derogatory things and making it sound like churchbells just by the tone of our voice.

Hope the baby does well after stitch removal. I worked as a Vet Assistant for 4 years. She will be MUCH happier after they are out and not itching and pulling all the time.

Mama, tell you boss that you have an entire online lynchmob waiting for him if he doesn't give you a raise. Surely he will say he wasn't aware "at the time" that it would be so stressful for you. Bosses are good for that line of BS. At least they are at my office. Try not to stress over it. You can handle this. When it gets bad - Post and let it all hang out. Then go smack your boss

Gotta go - have work to do. Everyone have a great day on the Beach and I'll check in later
Old 02-02-2005, 09:07 AM   #10  

Good morning all.

For one thing, avoid those sugarfree Reece's cups. I had a major upset stomach yesterday after eating three of them over the course of the day. I actually felt like I had stomach flu. No runs, just cramps and it almost felt like I had a fever too. Glad they are out of my system and in the trash.

I feel like I am missing something in what I am doing with SBD. The scale is not moving. I think I may be shooting myself in the foot with portion sizes. It's really hard for me to listen to my body and tell when I need to eat and when I am just bored. One of the challenges for me with this WOE is that I am supposed to never be hungry, but supposed to not be seam-splitting full either. I need to figure out how exactly to do that. I have not cheated in as far as eating disallowed foods, but need to monitor the balance of my diet (need more veggies as usual).

Anyhow it's time for me to get to work! I envy you SAHM's!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #11  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

OK, so I stepped on the scale this morning out of pure curiosity. I've dropped 3# since Monday!! WAHOO!! I guess I should NOT have my weigh in day on Monday. Maybe I should reconsider that. Anyway, I am pretty excited!! Taking baby in today for his 1 year check up. Hard to believe he will be 1 tomorrow!!

Mama~ Definitely ask for a big raise!! If you don't the work will keep piling up on you and you'll be more stressed than you already are. As you know, stress is not good for a person.

Ruth~Christmas lights up still??? And here I thought I was bad. LOL Time to take them down, Bring on Spring!!

Cottage~Shrimp Fried Rice with Cauliflower?? Please, do tell how it tastes tomorrow. I'm very curious.

Geekchic~I LOVE those SF Reeses' cup. Just so you know, you might feel the same way after eating any kind of SF candy. It may just not agree with you. 3# in one week is good weight loss. I only lost 3 in my first week as well. It has alot to do with how much you have to lose, as well as exercise, food intake, etc.. You'll get there!! Dont' get discouraged!

To everyone else who's posted and who have yet to come...Have a great OP Day!!
Old 02-02-2005, 09:48 AM   #12  

ok so i have a quick question...haha by now you all probably think thats all i am...one huge question...lol..anyway...i have read on the boards many times where people have said...."it depends on how much weight you have to lose" ...so my question is...if you have alot of weight to lose will the loss be dramatic in the begining or is it harder to lose?
Old 02-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #13  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Wow I feel like I'm so out of touch this week! My fundraiser went very well. We hit our goal and had a great time. Everything went smoothly so I'm glad I put in all the extra effort. I'm bloated on pop, pistachios and I actually had a piece of multigrain bread with some of the soup I ate at the fundraiser. First bread since Sept 20. Oh well. Yesterday I pounded green tea and veggies and I'm beginning to feel normal again.

I didn't drop the last pound for the month of January so I'm at 9 pounds for the month. I'll take it!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

Deluzion~~Welcome to our beach! From what I have heard , it is easier to lose in the beginning when you have more weight to lose. The last 10-20 pounds seem to be the hardest to lose. This is just my guess, but others might have more info/answers than I do.

MamaC~~The nerve of your boss. I second Ruth and bamie's suggestions

It's raining here, too~~I pray it won't turn to ice if the temps dip again. I'm supposed to drive in to Atlanta this afternoon for a meeting but I haven't been feeling well the past few days and just might play hookie instead. The thought of driving 45 miles in the rain does not appeal to me today.

I just signed up for 2 FREE online classes through www.barnesandnoble.com for Begining Pilates and a Zen class. I ordered the books and they should be here by the time the classes start (Feb. 7). They offer several classes if you are interested. Click on the tab "B&N university" for the info.
I an now headed downstairs to stretch and ride my bike, if I can breath through this crappy head cold.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:04 AM   #15  

Amy,

Do you have a Jack Russell? I noticed your avatar is of one. I have one that is 12 years old. I am beginning to think they NEVER slow down like a NORMAL dog
Closed Thread