South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:51 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday Beach Chick Chat 02/01

Good morning, Chicks!

Hey, where did January go???

Can't believe we're 1/12 of the way thru the year already. Sheesh!

Yesterday was slow at the lab, so I got a lot of writing done yesterday. Yay!! Granted, it was longhand...forgot my Alphasmart, but hey, writing is writing.

Today is my inservice for a nursing home I'm going to be taking on next week. This in addition to my regular job. This means I'll be getting up at 0 dark thirty at least 2 days a week, so don't look for me those days. I need the $$ ... And believe me, I'm going to be hitting the boss up for a raise, too.

Sorry to report I only lost 2 measly pounds this past month. Despite the veggie overload. Can't understand it. Exercise + Diet is supposed to = weight loss. So why am I the exception to prove the rule??? I have my annual with my gyn this Friday. Maybe she can shed some light on it.

I only have 4 full months before I'm supposed to leave for Peru. I can NOT make that trip as overweight as I am. I just won't survive. I've got to lose at least another 30 pounds. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Hope all you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 02-01-2005, 07:12 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Mamacita! Well I'm sure you asre losin inches instead of pounds right now. I know it must be frustrating right now but it will fall off before you know it! Glad you were able to get some writing done.

Nothin much happenin around here. I am gonna take Mom to get her some new glasses today. She has not been since the last time I took her and got her some which has been about 3 yrs ago. She mainly only needs them for reading. I'm just hopin to find a good deal on them. The kitchen is coming along very slowly! Those 3 layers of wallpapper are attached to the wall and don't want to leave it! lol Well have a good day all.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #3  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning;
Mama; Are you losing inches? Remember fat weighs the same as muscle, muscle just takes up less room. I do my measurements at the gym on Sat. That is my offical day. I can't wait to see what they say. That is a big pump up, (when the scale doesn't move). Why are you going to Peru?
Hope everyone else is doing good. I did great yesterday. Kept my date with GYM in the afternoon. Almost cancelled but, couldn't cancel on GYM. Have errands to run today. I hate doing that with the GD's so might wait until after they leave. The oldest has her allergy shot today. She is allergic to fire ants. When she got bit the first time she almost stopped breathing. She scared me to death. She had to have weekly shots then bi-weekly, now monthly for the next 3 years. She hates it. So, do I. Grandpa is going with us today. We are looking at car for DS on the way back home.
well, off to get ready. Have a good day on the beach everyone. Sand feels warm on the feet.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #4  

Good morning!! I'm just about to head out the door to another busy busy day at work. Got my day planned, my lunch and snacks packed, and I am ready to roll!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:00 AM   #5  

Good morning all!

Wow.. yesterday was crazy! I had a busy day at school followed by a staff meeting. Then I came home briefly before heading to my MK meeting. We got out of our meeting really early so I decided to hit the evening Jazzercise class so had to run home and change, run there for class, then finally get home for good! My poor puppy kept looking at me like she was saying, "Where are you going, NOW?"! Poor baby!

Tonight I just have a meeting after school and jazzercise. I have been doing jazzercise off and on for awhile, but I have never really WANTED to do it, if you know what I mean. I am still shocked that when I had extra time last night, that is what I wanted to do.

Mama- Keep your head up. I am sure you are losing inches! My 6th graders are going to be writing letters to epals in Peru this spring. I would love to know more info. about what it is like there!

Bamie - good luck with the glasses shopping. I suppose I should do that soon here too. I hate paying for glasses! Have fun with that stubborn wallpaper!

Chipper - have a fun day with the family!

Geekchic - I hope you have a great day!

Everyone else - have a super OP day!

Nally
Old 02-01-2005, 08:38 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

All **** is busting lose around here this morning so I'll be back later.
Nothing terrible - just neighbour needing car, Harry and Dogs hollering non-stop, phone calls, etc. I need a trip to Peru or somewhere.
It's only 8:40 for frass sakes and I'm behind already!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's hard to believe we're into Feb. already! This time of year usually goes by so slow for me, with no big events to look forward to, only day after day of cold wet weather. I'm sooo looking forward to a warm spring day with the smell of freshly mown grass in the air and birds singing, and flowers! Nothing exciting is happening here today, I should just take advantage of having some down time. I'm going to try a new recipe for Chicken Cutlets in Mushroom Sauce for supper. I made the Silky Peanutbutter Pie, and it's delicious, but it's hard to just eat one serving a day!
Bamie, thanks for the suggestions re the wallpaper. I bought some glue for repasteing the seams, but just wondered if there was any other remedy to try. Maybe I should tackle that job today. I don't dare ask DH for any help, he was very much against putting up wallpaper to begin with, he hates it, and would just say "I told you so".
Old 02-01-2005, 09:03 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Well you could use wallpaper glue and dilute it with hot water and take you a small roller and roll it on. It would go much faster. My sister hangs wallpaper for a living and I have helped her a time or two and I was the glue girl! lol She would take the glue dump it in a bucket then fill the glue bucket up with hot water and mix it together. You would not need to use the whole bucket just mix it 1/1 and get a small roller and roll it on. After you roll it all on you can go back and wipe down the seams with a clean rag to get the excess glue off. You might could even use a paint brush. I don't know how far back you need to glue. I hope this helps!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:16 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back! Whew! I need another coffee!

Neighbour Liz needed the car because the kids missed the school bus and had to be driven to school in the next town. Their van is giving them grief these days. Cold weather was a good excuse but it's up to 5F this morning - a veritable heat wave!

The phone calls were:
    Harry's had his breakfast, the Girls are dozing in front of the fire, I have my books on tape ready for the treadmill session and my exercise mat unrolled ready for my knee exercises. After that, a shower, some coffee and then lug in some wood and go for the paper.

I'll be in later today to update the January Results and the February Weightloss Targets.

Beam me up, Scotty!
    Old 02-01-2005, 09:18 AM   #10  
    I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, Chicks!

Mama, I feel you, girl! I'm hoping to dash through the cold to our nurse center for a check on my fat % and sugars (in case Type 2 diabetes has hit... ). I need to figure out what the heck is going on! I hope your ob/gyn can help you figure this out, and I'll keep you in my prayers!!! Regardless of your weight, with all the exercsie you are doing, you'll definitely be in better shape for Peru! Glad you are writing...I was longing to write yesterday but have no time!

Bamie, what a good daughter you are! Hope that the wallpaper comes off more quickly and provides good stress relief!

Chipper, good reminder about inches. I lost three pounds last month total, but I did lose about 6.5 inches in the last month and a half. DH had allergy shots for years. His dad used to take him and they'd go get ice cream after. Could you maybe start a ritual (not involving food!) for your GD? Maybe a swing by a park or a trip to mini golf...or just a special coloring book or making paper dolls...playing with play dough? I'm sure you could think of something special that you two do only when she goes for her shot...

Geekchick...have a great day!!!

Nally, congrats on wanting to exercise!!! That is GREAT news! I know how amazed I was when I felt that way! I love Jazzercise... it's so much fun!

Ah, Ruth, I'm so sorry it's such a crazy morning!!! I hope this afternoon is nice and calm to make up for it. : I don't know about you, but when the dog is barking or the bunnies are chewing the sides of their enclosure, it really increases my anxiety. I feel so rushed! I hope you can ignore it better than I can!

Me:
    Oy! That's all I can say. I got to my car last night after class and knew I had to rush home to let the dog out...she had been kenneled up since 12:30 that afternoon, and it was then 8:30 p.m.! Poor pup! DH wasn't able to let her out last night like he usually does. I had frost on the inside of my car windows (don't you hate that?) and I did my best with the ice scraper on my side and just backed up...and hit a parked car. I damaged their bumper and put a dent and a bunch of scrapes in mine. So I need to go get an estimate and we have a $500 deductible. DH is not going to be pleased...

This morning I ended up with 222 again. I've been on a course of stool softeners and metamucil for the constipation, I'm guzzling water like a fish, and I'm eating the same stuff I normally do. In fact, I feel hungry much of the time...last night my stomach was even growling! I'm just at a loss. I am eating a lot of food, so I doubt that's the problem. Here's my menu (just in case):

Breakfast:
    1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1 cup grape tomatoes
    shake of Lawry's salt
    8 oz skim milk

Morning Snack:
    1 cup FF plain yogurt
    1 Tbsp SF apricot jam
    2 Tbsp ground flaxseed

Lunch:
    3-4 cups baby spinach
    1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
    3 big spears broccoli, chopped
    1/2 cup-1 cup grape tomatoes
    1/4 pound lean roast beef
    1 oz shredded red-fat cheddar cheese
    2 Tbsp (might be 3?) Bleu cheese dressing
    2 Tbsp soy nuts
    SF Jell-o
    2 Tbsp Cool Whip Free

Afternoon Snack:
    Braeburn apple
    2 Tbsp natural PB

Dinner:
    1 Carb Conscious WW bagel (I checked the ingredients)
    1 chicken breast
    1 slice full fat American cheese (I know...I was eating in the cafeteria at school)
    handful iceberg lettuce
    1 Tbsp Mayo
    1 Tsp mustard
    Salad (romaine, cauliflower, chickpeas, tomatoes, sprinkling of full fat cheese) w/ 2 Tbsp bleu cheese dressing
    1 cup cannelini beans with green peppers and onions

Dessert:
    1 slice splenda cheesecake with blueberries (no crust!)
    2 Tbsp Cool Whip Free
    This post is already long enough, and I'm sure at least 15 people have posted by now, so have a great day, everyone!
    Old 02-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #11  
    Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Another busy day for me. Baby gets his first haircut today. Sigh. He's not eating well still so will be calling the dr. this morning to see what she thinks. I did Tae-Bo yesterday, the 27min video, I think I made it 15mins. *SIGH* I was sooo tired! I am seriously out of shape. Today, I'm taking it easy as I have to work again tonight and have a massively busy day.

Mama~Peru sounds fun!! I'm sure you'll lose what you need to! You can do it!!

Those of you who have yet to come in & those of you who have...Have a Fantastic OP Day!!
    Old 02-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #12  
    Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

HI all -- this is a driveby -- work is busy. MY one year review is tomorrow and I am SOOOOO nervous. Took it out on some of my eating last night. Refuse to do THAT again!

Hope you have a great Tuesday!
    Old 02-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #13  

Morning everyone! What a lively group we have here It really makes it fun to come here in the morning and read the board. I have an exciting day ahead. LOL..walking, then tidying up the house. We have a plumber coming to install a new kitchen faucet I told you, EXCITING! lol.

here is my menu. Thoughts, suggestions welcome. I'm on phase 2.

B 2 eggs with a cup of roasted veggies, 1 slice homemade ww rye bread (delicious!)
    L sauteed cabbage (about 3 cups) with onions and some chicken tenders, sf jello
    D grilled chicken breast, more roasted veggies (about 2 cups), 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, sf jello. Could have a sf creamsicle if I'm in the mood later in the evening.

for my snacks I have 2 string cheese per day and if I have munchie issues above and beyond that, I have celery and cucumbers sliced and waiting in the fridge.
    Old 02-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #14  
    buzz buzz buzzin along

Good Morning!

Does anyone have long days? (meaning get up early and get to bed late) Would it be okay to add another snack? I get hungry around 2p and around 4p. I have been munching pistachios for hungry times snacks. I don't know maybe Im not having enough water in the afternoon.

Went to my class, it was an orientation. I guess I will be learning allot of stuff. Got two books, you might have heard of... How to win friends and Influence People and How to stop worrying and stop living. So I'll tell ya'll how it goes.

Hyped on Caffeine brkfst this morning. Had skinny latte with a shot of SF Vanilla... It was hmmm good.

Sorry gals wanting a menu once over. Im not seasoned liked some of the Vets here. Good Luck! Happy Beach Day!
    Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 AM   #15  
    Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks I am late getting in here today I had to clean my kitchen or someone was going to condem it. Then I was on the phone trying to find out about windows and got now where. Other than that not much is going on. I am still in my jammies and I did not eat breakfast not good. But lunch will be meatballs, veggies and a sweet potatoe. Well I would love to post to all but I have to feed the troupes and get my @$$ dressed.
    Ruth- hope you afternoon is less stressful. Good for you saying NO.
    Beach- stress will cause havoc with the scales. Take a deep breath chick. Sorry about the accident. Men have no compasion.
    Mama- don't get discouraged. You are doing great.

Well I really have to go. A big hello and hug to the rest of you chicks. I will pop back in later.
    Closed Thread