Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 08:58 PM   #1  

Default LAWL & Friends - February 2005

Hi Everyone. On the first of each month, we will start a new thread. I know it's Jan 31st, but started it now. If someone posted a question in LAWL & Friends - January 2005 please check that thread to see if your question has been answered. For example, Its-my-Life, I posted the Lemon info you requested there.

Newbies are welcome!

Please post your questions or suggestions, or just stop by and say Hi!

Sending skinny vibes to everyone trying to lose weight (and hoping to catch a few myself).

Sy
Old 01-31-2005, 09:09 PM   #2  

All right Sy, if you're so eager for it to be February!

Bumping my question from the other thread: Which exercise tapes (aerobic and/or weight training) do you guys like best? I know Walk Away The Pounds has been mentioned before, but I didn't realize there are like 400 of them! So not sure where to begin. Kathy Smith's Lift Weights to Lose Weight series has gotten good reviews on Amazon, has anyone here experienced them?

Thanks!

Fiona
Old 01-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #3  

Fiona,
I like walk away the pounds. I have one of the original sets with the 1 mile tape, 2 mile tape, and 3 mile tape. She uses some round ball hand weights on them but I'm just using regular hand weights. I got my tapes at Target. They were much cheaper there.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/264/145

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm a newbie

I just want to say hi to all of you and thank you for your support. Although I am new here, I have been checking in and reading your posts prior to actually registering and you guys have definitely helped me more than you know.

A bit about myself. I am currently in week 6 of LAWL and so far I have lost 17 pounds. I seem to be on a plateau right now because I have been fluctuating between 264.8 and 264.2 for the past 3 weeks. I lost 21 pounds by week 3 (281 down to 260) and then in 3 days went back up to 264 where I have been dwelling ever since. Aside from the juice (which I am not paying $24 bucks for) are there any other suggestions to kick start my body back into fat burning mode?

Thanks guys

Old 01-31-2005, 10:12 PM   #5  

PSUshorti: I wish I had an answer for you. Your doing awesome, so maybe your body is just adjusting after losing 18 lbs in 6 weeks. That is really a lot compared to most diets. Are you measuring everything. It gets really easy to try to eye our portion sizes after a few weeks and before we know it - a 1/2 cup is a cup and a small apple is the biggest we can find. So, if your measuring your portions, maybe try mixing things up. For example, if you save your starches for the evenings, try having them earlier in the day (I think Marcie said this last). I exercise after work, so instead of eatting my LA Lite in the afternoon as suggested, I wait until I come home from the gym because that is when I'm hungry and will over eat if I didn't have that to look forward to. I'm sure when the others read your post, they will have a few suggestions for you too.

Fiona: Sorry, I couldn't resist at starting the thread as I didn't think there would be too many posts this evening. Sorry I can't help you with exercise tapes as I go to the gym.

Mom2Skyler: How are things going?

I'm headed to bed. Hugs, Sy
Old 01-31-2005, 10:33 PM   #6  

I know Sy!

Shorti, that is a great start! Many of us on here use the Knudsen's brand "Simply Nutritious - Morning Blend" juice ($4 in the organic/natural food department of most grocery stores) as a substitute for the $25 LAWL juice, with good results.

Fiona
Old 02-01-2005, 05:20 AM   #7  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning Chicks,
I got on the scales this morning and was up a pound. That's ok though because today is the 1st and I'm ready for my challenge of staying OP for the month of February except for taking Valentine's Day off. I'll just look at it as 13 days on, 1 day off, 14 days on. Do you all think that will help...
My total loss for the month of January is 6 pounds. Hopefully I can do better in February.. I didn't get a chance last night to get on the bike but I'll be doing it this morning as soon as I get done posting.
Sy....Was it you that started doing the blue plan? How is it going for you?
Welcome to all the newbies and hi to everyone else...
I have to work with the manager again today so I don't know if I'll get a chance to post later or not. I'm off tomorrow so I'll be back then if not today.
Good luck to everyone.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:13 AM   #8  

Hi Karen: Yes, I just got switched to the Blue plan (Thursday will be a week).

It's going okay, but I'm only giving it 2 weeks to see if I get results. So far it's okay. You know, now that I have 3 starches, I'm finding it's really hard to get it in. I mean, how many pieces of diet bread and LF Triscuts can a girl eat? I cooked barley for the first time in my life last night an had a 1/3 c for my 3rd starch (can't tell you it was great, but it has fiber in it and no fat so thought it would be a good choice). Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with barley? I ate it plain with some CBINT. Saturday I cooked some bagged Great Northern beans with some onion and garlic. Used 1 c for my protein for dinner last night (that was a nice change). I'm trying to use more of the food list. Beware, barley and bagged beans take a really long time to cook. I figure I may freeze small containers so I can plan ahead and not have to do the cooking on work nights.

Hugs to all, Sy
Old 02-01-2005, 06:19 AM   #9  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Sy...I loved the 3 starches too. I used one of them for a lean cuisine. Do you ever eat those? Let me know how the blue plan works for you.
I just did 20 minutes on the bike...WOOHOO... Now don't anyone I can't promise I'll do that much everyday but I do want to do it everyday. Talk to you all later.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:58 AM   #10  

Karen: Take baby steps when it comes to exercising. Before you know, you will be making it a priority (and liking the way it makes you feel). I didn't believe that it was possible, but after a couple weeks of forcing yourself to exercise - it will come naturally (and if you don't try to fight it, you will find that you really enjoy it and miss it when you don't do it).
Old 02-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #11  

Sy-
I usually take a serving of dry cereal to work and munch on it when I get cravings. It is a starch, but I get to snack while I work and that makes me happy.

Fiona-
I also have the original 1 and 2 mile DVD. They are both on the same disk. I got it off ebay for only a few bucks.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:47 AM   #12  

New Thread - I'm here and accounted for......
Old 02-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #13  
234/165.8/160

hello all,

I've been lurking and reading, but haven't been posting. I'm still kind of negative, but am sticking to plan (both eating and exercising) and hoping for good things! Scale was down .4 yesterday and .6 today, so maybe the new plan is working....too early to get my hopes up.

Hope everyone is well and has a POP day,
Jen
Old 02-01-2005, 09:52 AM   #14  

Morning gals.

I'm really cranky today because all the going off-plan over the weekend is coming back to haunt me in the form of an extra pound I can't seem to shake...I'm just so ticked that I've wasted four days of my "challenge." Anyway, I'm back on the wagon and with you guys for the February challenge, except that my "one day off" will be the 18th (my birthday) instead of V-day.

I need to go find some fruit and nuke my bar. Breakfast of champions, baby.

Fiona
Old 02-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #15  

He's going to get the job!!! He's going to get the job!!!

Okay, it's NOT official yet, but DH got a message from the church's pastor that essentially said, "Thanks for your patience, the committee is trying to pin down one more candidate for an interview but I hope they give up soon so we can move forward with a decision, and I know it will all work out in the end."

DH said the "unspoken message" was definitely that they want him, they just need to go through the formalities. DH is going to call this afternoon "just to chat" and kind of reinforce in the pastor's mind, anyway, that he is their best choice.

We should have a DEFINITE answer by the end of the week.

Closed Thread