View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 01:24 PM   #12
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi! Me again!

Kristin! Oh boy! You musta needed to slow down! Now you have to! I'm so glad that you and your hubby both are doing this together. The buddy system really works! Let us know what you think is good! We're all ears! Well, teeth are sometimes tricky, small sharp ones sometimes make you want to hit the ceiling. Usually followed by weaning, in a hurry! If I have another one, so be it. I'm way more adjusted now than when I was in my 20s. Hey Gimpy, have a great day all to yourself, I hope you feel better!

Here's one recipes Jen, and you beachgirls:

Turkey or lean beef Tacos

2T olive oil
1 lb turkey cutlet (or beef)
1 T chili powder
1/4 C sour cream (or ff sour cream)
1/4 C green onion, chopped
2 T. chopped cilantro
4 l/c tortillas I like LaTortilla Factory-garlic and herb-3 net carbs ea.
1/2 bell pepper (any color) cut into thin strips
1/2 C sugar free green salsa.

1. Heat the oil in a skillet. Sprinkle turkey culets with chili pwoder; cook 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Transfer to cutting board and cut into strips.
2. Add sour cream, green onion and cilantro to skillet. Cook one minute stirring until heated through. Return turkey strips and juices to skillet.
3. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 skillet mix. Top with1/4 of the pepper strips and 1 T green salsa. Very good.

Per serving: carbohydrates: 15.5 gr., Net Carbs: 5 gr., Fiber 10 gr., Protein:31 gr., Fat 20 gr., Calories:347

This of course can be modified to fit any diet, by changing the fats.

I also make a lot of deviled eggs, that we can eat as snacks so there isn't any munchy attack on chips or crackers.

Okie dokie, better get those babies fed! Maybe they'll take their naps!!

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda, jedimaster

hw/270 10.15.2004
sw/265 10.28.2004
cw/235 2.25.05

1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote