South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 06:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Cluck - Monday, January 31

The last day of a long month! Gail comes today so I'm in Fly Lady mode but will be back later.

Here's a quote for today: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." Good old Aristotle!

Old 01-31-2005, 06:46 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Atlanta had an ice storm and I missed it..doggone! DD, her friend, and I drove out of Atlanta Friday afternoon around 4:00 and it was sleeting as we left the city. Saturday morning, I spoke with dh and he said they were encrusted in ice. I guess our area lost power late in the afternoon and didn't get it back until yesterday morning. I missed all the fun, boo-hoo!

Had a great time in Huntsville. Managed to stay on track with the exception of two rounds of birthday cake. Had to try the first one b/c it was vegan, made with carob instead of chocolate. But it was a thin slice...and yummy. Made a point of not eating anything after 4:00. And even said NO to pizza! I'm hoping that will help with the damage control. Tried to drink as much water as possible and didn't drink sodas or fruit juice.

At the potluck after church in my aunt's honor, someone brought eggplant lasagna. Instead of pasta, they sliced eggplant in long strips and used that as the noodles. Oh, boy! Was that yummy!! Not sure if there was sugar in the sauce, but I kinda doubt it.

So, now off to another work week. Got my low sugar, organic smoothies, veggies and skinless chicken breast to eat for lunch.

Hope all you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-31-2005, 06:52 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks a quickie this morning, just got my dd's off to school. I have to have a quick shower dh will be home soon we have a app with the bank lady this morning. Hopefully we will get some money for reno's and some finaical planning. I always feeling like I am going to the principals office.
We did not get our puppy again this week end. I am not sure why the girl called while we were skiing. So I guess it will be this week end coming. Had a great day skiing yesterday. Did about 10 runs down the hill. It was a beautiful day and there were lots of people on the hill so the chair lift was busy. But I did not fall once and I am not really sore today. Except for my left calf. Well I must go I will try to get back in later.
Have a great day chicks.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:59 AM   #4  

Good Morning Ladies!!

Ruth - Do some Fly Lady magic for me too ok? I don't think I will have much time this week!

Mama- How lucky to miss the ice! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good job on controlling your eating!

Wow, it feels like I barely had a weekend with all of the meetings, gatherings and appointments that I had, but I feel good. It is amazing how helping others feel good about themselves boosts your attitude!

I have a very busy day at school today, followed by a staff meeting then my weekly MK meeting. If I get home in time I -may- hit jazzercise at 8:00, not sure about that one though!

This is my hard week of the month for meetings. I have meetings after school on Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri. Why do committees sound interesting and fun at the beginning of the year? Hehehe.

I cannot believe it is almost February! On the 10th DH and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary. We are going to a bed and breakfast in Lincoln for 2 nights and taking Friday and Monday off work. We have both agreed to not obsess about our eating that weekend, but not to go hog wild either. I really don't want to re-do phase I afterwards, but we will if we have to!

Ok, off to get ready for the day. Have a wonderful day!!!

Nally
Old 01-31-2005, 07:01 AM   #5  

Little Chick! Skiing sounds so fun, but I am such a chicken. I am afraid of breaking a leg! Then again... I am in Nebraska... not many mountains around here! I am glad you had a great time! Good luck with the bank thingie!

Nally
Old 01-31-2005, 07:38 AM   #6  
Ready!!!

Morning,
I have been very busy this weekend, room is panted, floor down, furniture back. (I still have to get the finish around.

Thank you Ellis for the sighs, I will go to them today........................

Little Chick, remember the bank works for you, without you they do not have a job.....

Well I have to go more things to do today,
Love Tazcat
Old 01-31-2005, 07:39 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick drive by as it is Monday morning!

Ruth... I was in Flylady mode yesterday! I cleaned mom's apt. then came home and started stripping..... wallpaper that is! lol I have decided to go ahead and strip the paper and paint before I put the floor down. I will still redo the whole kitchen but since i know it will be a while I figure what the hey I already have the paint and don't want it to go to waste!

Mama... Sometime when you are in Huntsville we should hook up and meet! I will be in Atlanta next w-end with DH for an AYSO meeting/training. We are stayin downtown at the place that has the revolving restaurant on top of it. I keep forgetin the name of it! lol

Little Chick... I bet the kids are very sad about the puppy. Does she not know you have lil ones waitin with their lil tails waggin to welcome the new puppy! teehee

Nally.... Your ann. plans sound really nice. Don't get overstressed this week! (yeah right) lol

To the chicks that popped in while I was taking all day to type this Good morning! Have a great OP day and I'll be back! lol
Old 01-31-2005, 07:40 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Taz! You go girl! You must have been in Flylady mode as well! Glad you got the biggest part finished!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:14 AM   #9  

Good morning all, I had a very productive weekend and got a lot done around my house. Things are pretty quiet here in bermuda until the tourist start arriving again in March. Today is pretty balmy and rainy but supposed to be a high 67.. yippee... My weight went up this week which I was very disappointed in. I feel as if I have completly stuck to it. I did add in oatmeal this weekend and it is slowly coming down again. So I guess it's true what they say, MOVE one to phase 2.... I have decided that due to my years of WW experience I will combine the two plans. I am following SBD but counting my points because I think my problem may have been overeating "the good stuff". We'll see how this week goes. I am also going to start walking tonight. Have a great OP day...
Old 01-31-2005, 08:22 AM   #10  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning all,

I did not make my Jan goal - oh well.

I have not been able to get my head wrapped around staying on program lately.

New job and all has seemed to make me less organized - I dunno.

Hoping to get rid of five pounds of fat in Feb.

This weekend was extremely busy - I need a 3 day weekend - 2 for all the stuff I have to do then one day just to relax - I am always more tired on Monday after a 2 day break.

Need to recommit myself and plan plan next weekend - will do what I can to stay at least closer to plan this week.

Kim
Old 01-31-2005, 08:39 AM   #11  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning Chicks;
I have a confession. I am switching my eating plan. But, I hope I can still stay here and chat. The WW group doesn't have many chatters. But, if you want you can kick me off the beach. I will rent my piece of beach. Just remember beach front property is high!
What I did was going over my eating plans and although SB is great it wasn't fitting into my way of life. SOOO, PLEEEASE allow me to stay. LOL
My home loan went through and they should start the work in a week or two. I am getting new siding, windows, and a sunroom. Can't wait for the sunroom. It will done just in time for spring. Going to start my seeds for the garden this week. Have to fence in around the pool, before we fill it for the summer. Birds were singing this morning. I miss hearing the birds. So, does Sneakers, our cat.
Sounds like everyone had a busy weekend, but, got allot of things done. I know I did.
Keep warm by the fire if you are cold, and feel better if you have a cold. Will cruise by later.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just back from my first workout in 2 weeks, it was a challenge to say the least! But now that I'm feeling better I've got to start going every day again. Everyone is up and chatting already this morning and its still early! I'll have the kids today until late this evening when their parents fly in. The wee ones have been at their "real" grandparent's house this weekend, and poppop will be dropping them off here soon. We're going to go get the car washed and probably go to storytime at the library. If they're really good I'll treat them to lunch out. Then hopefully it'll be time for a long nap. My day sounds really exciting, doesn't it? Since I'll be busy with them all day, I'll probably eat salads for lunch and supper.

l.c., Glad you had fun skiing this weekend. Enjoy your free time now before Howie comes!

Bamie, if you ever run out of things to demolish you can come to my house. I have a long "honey-do" list that needs attending. Do you have a remedy for wallpaper that is starting to separate away from the walls at the seams? I have that problem in my bedroom, and I don't want to tear down the wallpaper because I really like it, it was just put up 2 years ago.

Taz, you sure are a busy chick, too. Just try not to overdo and end up sore.

Nally, I'll bet you are really looking forward to your weekend away. My DIL is a MK consultant, and she is really into it.

Mamacita, how sad that you missed the ice storm, lol. That lasagna idea sounds interesting, I'm going to try it.

Ruth, You didn't tell us how your Red Hat get together went last night. I want to hear all about it.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Top of the morning to you, Colleen!

Kim, I'm with you all the way about weekends!

Chipper, you will always be welcome here to chat with us, and I hope your new eating plan goes well. Continue to update us on your remodeling projects!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:53 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Chipper...No you don't have to leave us!

Cottage... Seperating wallpaper... Not really much you can do about that. Depending on your pattern taste etc. have you thought about maybe putting lil strips of trim over the seams. They sell flat pcs that are maybe a 1/4 inch wide and you could paint them to match your trim. I know I have seen trim pcs. like that on wallpaper in trailers/modular homes. That is about the only thing I can think of other than stripping it and re wallpapering. Which as much wallpaper as I have had to strip down since being a homeowner I don't think I will ever wallpaper anything again! lol To many things I can do with paint! lol Not to mention my Mom is an artist and I could always get her to paint me another mural. I hope this helps or atleast gives you some ideas. I'm sure some other chicks may have some as well.
P.S. Have you tried wallpaper glue to restick it?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:58 AM   #15  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Just a quick drive through for me right now. I'll be back later to read everyone else's posts this morning and catch up. I went off phase yesterday .. but back on this morning. I had an actual pizza for dinner last night and a cheese breadstick to go with it. It was sooo good! But, I woke up super swollen this morning from all the sodium. SIGH! So, my total weight loss for the week is 1 pound. Ok, that's my update for now. Off to take the kiddo to school then Tae-Bo for me this morning. I'll check back soon!
Closed Thread