South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 07:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend Cluck - January 29 and 30

I've been tiptoeing around in here listening to the snores and decided it's time to get going. We need a rooster to wake us some mornings - and he can make the coffee too.

Well, I passed my physical with flying colours. I even got weighed on the doc's scale - she insisted - and did not freak when I weighed heavier there. It's just a number and I've still lost the weight. My bloodwork and all the other stuff is fine and she is sure the PAP test will be fine too, So I guess I'm good for a while yet.

It's supposed to be "warmer" today. It's above zero F right now and is supposed to go to 24F today! I was getting pretty tired of the sub zero stuff and never seemed to get warm. I know I've lost a bit of personal insulation but... I have been finding the kitchen cold and discovered the heat vents were closed. Oy! I closed them during painting in November so dust and dog fluff wouldn't float and never opened them. Duh! There I was blaming the new windows!

We are off to the Library this morning and maybe out for lunch. This afternoon I may sew and finish my purple jacket. The Red Hatters have a tea party Sunday afternoon and I really would like to wear it then. I'll buy some little tarts to take to the party and definitely will resist them. I hate the way pastry makes my teeth feel so will not have a problem there.

So what's happening at your nest this weekend?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #2  
Ready!!!

Morning Ruth and all to come,
Went to bed early and was up twice to eat/??????
Today I am going to try to finish the bedroom, put the floor down.
Is there a place on the boards where I can go to get a shopping list for week one, P1?
I am too lazy to try to figure this out.
All for now,
Love tazcat
Old 01-29-2005, 07:47 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Too funny about the vents, Ruth.
I'm glad your physical went well!
Yes, I knew it was "warmer" today when I woke up... it's sort of misty here...

I had a lovely breakfast yesterday with a friend. I enjoyed the food, and managed to pass on the toast.
We were supposed to breakfast tomorrow with my oldest friend and her family (their invitation), but for the third time in a row, something "work related" has come up with her husband (he's ridiculously overambitious where work is concerned, and I'm not impressed!), and SHE called and very apologetically cancelled. (frankly, I would have made HIM call!) So I've decided that we won't try to make any more commitments with them as a family. I was furious over it last night, and I don't need that kind of stress in my life.
I wonder what it is with some people that they feel their own life is more important than anyone else's...

On a positive note, tomorrow is now a free day, and with any luck, we'll get a little closer to completing the kitchen!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:49 AM   #4  

Taz, I missed your post!
The FAQ is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115
and the list for Phase I is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49548

Good luck with the floor today, hon!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!
I couldn't get on yesterday morning before I had to leave for the day, but you all sure were clucking away! This is such a great group!
I had a Weight&Measure at Curves yesterday, and out of the blue I was up 2lbs.! Now where that came from I have no idea. I've been staying OP religiously, and making sure I've been drinking enough water. So now this morning, the 2lbs. are gone again! I tell you - my body is a work of art. I give up trying to figure out it's wacky ways! I had the little ones all day yesterday, as mommy & daddy left for a skiing weekend. We made muffins in the morning, and I wasn't even tempted by them. Of course that had a lot to do with the fact that I let them squish up bananas in the batter, and I don't care for bananas at all. After their naps we came back to my house, and my little GD came over to play with them til their GPs picked them up for the night. I served them pizza, and made myself a Salmon Ceaser Salad. So I made it through Day 5 on Phase 1 really well. Today DD is coming with the GD's for the day, so I really don't know what we're going to do. She mentioned let's go out and do something, so I'll wait til she gets here and see what she has in mind. I image that will mean dinner out, and I imagine that will mean I'm expected to pay, too!

Ruth, I'm so happy that you passed your physical with flying colors!!!! You have the right frame of mind about the scale. I told myself the same thing at Curves. But why do Dr's scale always weigh us in more than our own? I think it's a conspirancy! Have a lovely time at the library, that and bookstores are my favorite places to go.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Tazcat and Ellis, have a very pleasant weekend!
Old 01-29-2005, 08:06 AM   #7  

Cottage, you're doing so well staying OP! Good for you, hon! Uh huh... those pounds go up and down, don't they.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:50 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Well, the Internet Weather Check lied about it being above zero! The temp was -10F when I let The Girls out! Ellis, that's not mist - it's frassing frost hanging in the air!

Cottage, that's a great idea to make banana muffins if you don't like them. I'd resist banana muffins too. I buy Harry peanut butter oatmeal cookies because I don't like PB cookies, just PB in a sandwich. Good for you to be right OP! Ignore the Curves scale blip!

Taz, you're working hard. Maybe that's why you were up a couple of times in the night. Try removing your brain and putting it in a jar on the dresser tonight.

Ellis, three strikes and you're out! Why the heck can't she go ahead and have the getogether without jerkhead? On the other hand, maybe your DH wants another guy presence although your DH seems too together to have that problem.

Harry is just now eating his breakfast. He is so slow in the mornings. We will probably go to the Library just before it closes today so I'll have most of the morning to do stuff. I'm going to treadmill and then make Osso Bucco in the slow cooker. I don't use veal shanks so it's sort of Bucco Sans Osso! If we do go out to lunch, we'll have something light for dinner and I'll have tomorrow's meal done!

Big to chicks to peck in!
Old 01-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick lil drive by for me this morning. I am goin to get one of my nieces and take her to lunch today for her birthday. I will be stayin OP! I'm gonna make a pot of chili this morning so I know mom will have some lunch. I still have to get a shower and I need to leave by 10ish. It's 8:30 my time.
Ellis I'm with Ruth why does he have to go do it without him!
Ruth glad all is well. Get them vents open! lol
Taz you are slavin away girl! Don't overdo it.
Cottage I hope you enjoy your day with family. I don't like nanners either!
Hey everybody else! Have a great OP day!
Old 01-29-2005, 09:41 AM   #10  

Happy Saturday ladies!

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so well today.

Keep warm up there Ruth! I am happy your dr's visit went well.
Ellis, I think I would have been mad too. Try to not let it get you down hon!
Cottage, sounds like lots of fun with the kids. I hope you have a great day with your family.
Tazcat, I hope you get everything done that you want to today. Don't forget to take some time to rest.

Last night I went to Jazzercise with my father-in-law's fiancee, Becky. She was pretty nervous about not doing things right. I told her to just move and have fun and not worry about it. She enjoyed herself and we are meeting to go again on Sunday morning. I think it will help me to have a partner. It will keep me motivated to go. For some reason it seems that I can hold committments I make to other people much easier than the ones I make to myself!

This morning I am meeting a group of ladies for lunch. We are going to be meeting once a month on a Saturday. It will be nice to get out of the house and away from the guys. I have 4 older brothers and married into a family of 4 brothers so I get really overloaded with guys sometimes. I have to grab ahold of times to be with other ladies when I can, lol.

After lunch I have to do some work on booking some Mary Kay classes. I really need to get my rear in gear. The hardest thing for me to do is get on the phone and call people. It is something that I am just going to have to get over, because I am never going to save enough money to adopt (that is the backup plan for if my test results show we shouldn't have kids) unless I get my business going. I LOVE teaching, but the paycheck... well... ya know, it BITES! LOL!

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS OP weekend!

Nally
Old 01-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #11  

Bamie, I missed your post! I hope you have a great lunch with your niece! Have a great weekend!

Nally
Old 01-29-2005, 09:48 AM   #12  

Smile

Good Morning Girls,
I checked in a few weeks ago and due to some emergency dental work, did not or chose not, (you fill in the correct verb) get started on SB. Even though we are in the middle of a winter ice storm in the south, I started Phase I today!!!! Yeah just getting started feels great!! I know for the rest of you, your sympathy level about the weather is low, just keep in mind it was 70 degrees here (South Carolina) on Wednesday and weather like this shuts us down!! Except for the fact we will probably lose electricity I enjoy a day where we are told to stay home and off the roads.

I am making a "legal" vegetable soup and the vegetable quiche cups to have on hand. We grilled some chicken breast last night, and I have string cheese . So no excuses for me. When we thaw I want to be a skinny chick on the beach. The recipes look great and you girls seem very supportive, I REALLY need that. I feel like I have failed so many times at so many diets, I think it starts to carry over to the rest of your life.

Thanks for listening and caring, STAY WARM.
I am going to try to figure out how to add my pesonals.

Hugs and prayers,
Wanda

Last edited by active; 01-29-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:05 AM   #13  

Welcome to the Beach Wanda!!

Nally
Old 01-29-2005, 10:10 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Welcome to The Beach, Wanda. You sound like you are prepared.

I have a friend in GA who is battening down for the ice as we speak. I do hope you don't lose power. We were without it for 14 days when we had the Ice Storm in 1998 and it was NOT fun.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:15 AM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies
We had a sleet/freeze overnight and all the roads are iced over. The bright side is that I'm not able to get to work~bummer . So I'll be having a lazy day with my DH. Maybe we can do some of the kitchen stuff that we didn't get to yesterday (electrical).

Mamacita~~Are you safe at home this morning??

Bamie~~Did you get iced in?

Ellis~~I got your email and it looks like you will be hanging drywall today~no??

Taz~Keeping busy with home projects got me through my loss, I hope it helps with yours

Ruth~~Good to hear that you passed your exam

Cottage~~Water weight/retention is a PIA, isn't it ?

Wanda~~I'm with ya in the Ice Storm, girl!! Stay warm and safe

Nallie~~I'd love to do a Girls Saturday Lunch , but alas, I don't have enough friends to do it

To whoever mentioned about getting a lightbox for SAD~~ Ruth and I got one a few years ago and it's great. I can't find the info right now (had it on my old computer) but I'll look for it. Also Ruth might have it.

To all those who posted while I 2-finger typed~~Have a great day!!
Closed Thread