Old 01-28-2005, 08:29 AM   #1  

Default Friday Chick Chat!

Don't tell me I am first up this morning!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:32 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

lol..hi Jane....I was posting a Friday Chat the same time as you. I'm going to have mine deleted how's it going?

Well, tonight I get to go to a Toby Keith concert. WOOHOO!! And I guess we're NOT going out to eat after all. WOOHOO!! Bad news is, my sister has the flu and so not sure what's going to happen with that. My mom's still going, so that's a good thing. Feel bad for my sister! And also found out my other sisters DH is laid off....and has been. He works for his father who's an . He laid the BIL off...but not his other son! The other son sucks up to the dad so that's why he's not laid off. So I'm going to talk to DH and see if we can hire the BIL to install our sink and re-do our piping for it. He's always saying he doesn't know how to do it
The weekend is upon me and I WILL succeed this weekend!!!!

On another note...home today from work due to youngest DD not feeling well. She's been struggling to fight off this cold for ages. A: Need to know more about this airborne B: Need to know where to find it C: need to know if kids can use it

another motto: Stay strong!! (simple but effective?)
Old 01-28-2005, 08:33 AM   #3  

I never beat Brenda here anymore! Where are you Brenda?

Well weight stayed the same this week but that is not a big surprise! I was eating anything and everything I wanted. Surprised by TOM....didn't know it was that time already No wonder I was eating so much!
I sware my boobs feels like they weigh 5 pounds each! GGGRRRRRRR

I am sitting here eating my low carb bagel though....happy day!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-28-2005, 08:34 AM   #4  

THERE YOU ARE!

Sorry about DD. I don't know if kids can take that stuff or not...see what the experts say.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:50 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Hey Jane, I'm right here And that's GOOD news!! No weight gain is a GREAT JOB WELL DONE!!!! Sure, it's not a loss. But at this stage in the game shouldn't we be celebrating the successes we're having instead of beating ourselves up?? So GREAT JOB!! Take a bow
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:17 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ you can pick up airborne at the drug store in the cold and flu section and they have airborne jr for kids.

Jane~ the same is good, especially when tom arrives!!

We had a great day yesterday, dh is off again today so it will be another starbucks morning I have some letters and photos to get mailed out today, and a parcel. This stuff has been sitting on my dining room table for about 3 weeks. Its time to get them mailed!!!!

Last night I made chocolate valentines on a stick for my dd, the neighbourhood kids and grandkids. I started them right after supper when I was quite full, and managed to NOT lick the bowls, or spoons!!!!! I have one more bag to do. Peanut butter flavour!!! Then I should be done!

Have a great day everyone!
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:38 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Robin: Congrats on the non-licking success!! And thanks for the information on Airborne. I'll have to check that out the next time I go to a pharmacy. Doubt they have it in our little town. So maybe when I go to the mall again. lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:12 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Here B check it out:

www.airbornehealth.com
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:18 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

I have so much house cleaning to do this weekend. DH brought home another broken VW home yesterday so I am sure he will be messing around with that all weekend, with the exception of when we go to the Exotic Animal show, we need to go get new UV lights for the turtles and they have them cheap! Feeling better and so happy that thanks to the Airborne my cold only hung around for 1 real day, I still have a little cough but my energy level is back up and fine. TOM is kicking my butt but I am managing to keep OP.

B- Have fun at the concert!!!

Jane- great job on no gains even with TOM!!! You are doing great!

Robin- you are a braver woman than me, I could not trust myself not to lick the spoon!!!

Have a great weekend!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:40 AM   #10  
Head Princess

Hello, Chick-o-ritas! I've missed you!

I've got yet another all day meeting today so this is just a quick fly by. I've got them on Monday and Tuesday, too. It's tough because we don't even break for lunch. The catering people just bring food in for breakfast, lunch, and a snack and we keep working. I've been trying to be good. I eat my breakfast before we start in the morning, but I've been having a piece of fruit around 10:00. Lunch was easy the first day (sandwiches, chips, and a cookie) so I just ate the meat, lettuce, and cheese off the sandwich and got rid of the rest. There were bags of peanuts with the afternoon snack stuff, so all clear there, too. Yesterday was not so good. Did my own breakfast with a piece of fruit at 10:00 again. But lunch was pizza and salad. I had the salad first, like a good girl, but I was so hungry that I had a piece of the sausage and pepperoni pizza and then a little bag of cheeto's afterwards. Ugh! What a silly girl I am!

Today, I'm better prepared. I'll still have to deal with lunch, but I cut up a cucumber and some orange bell pepper for snacks, and even have a few slices of cheese. Wish me luck! I'll try to be back sometime in the not-to-distant future.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #11  

Hi girls

I am not new to the boards but have been lurking on this one . I really want to stick to a low carb diet, my body feels better. Like if I have a piece of cornbread I cannot just have one, I have to have 3-5 of them, yikes!! And it makes my whole body swell(carbs). Face, arms, fingers you name it. I get really bloated in the stomach area. I tried low carb last spring and lost a good amount of weight but when the fall came it was sweet potatoes and the Holidays. My only problem with the diet is constipation(sorry tmi). I can't take metamucil or fiber supplements because they do the same thing as carbs, upset my stomach and severe bloating. I also drink close probally a gallon of water a day. But I hope to post from time to time on here and let you know how I am doing. I have about ten pounds to my goal weight. I feel motivated about the plan. I have also talked to Karen before....does she still post here? She is an awesome lady!! Karen if you do you look beautiful!
Well anyway here is my eating today, breakfast two eggs with american cheese, lunch, cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of dry roasted peanuts and supper will probally be salmon and two or three different veggies. Well nice to finally post. I hope this way of life works for me. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #12  

Forgot to add to breakfast coffee with about a 1/4 cup 2% milk.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #13  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Welcome Julie! good to see you here!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote