Old 01-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile *Over 50 and Getting Healthy #21*

Good Tuesday Morning Ladies... I thought I would begin a New Thread since Sheila is so very busy these days

I have wonderful news about my DF ~ he is doing well and on the mend. His infection did not get to his bone as they feared and he is now on very strong meds and is recovering. I am so relieved and so is my mother. She got really frightened at the thought that he may lose toes or even a foot. I think it frightened my father enough to keep an eye on his feet (checking them morning and night) and staying off of the wounded one. He paints and stands for hours --- now that he's retired that is his day. He has breakfast and then walks his T-Mill for 2 miles and then begins his day in his gallery. He is having a hard time resting the leg / foot because he wants to be downstairs painting and that's hard to do while sitting with your leg at least hip high. He'll need to get a special stool.

Here is a picture of one of my father's paintings:

He sells them for $300 - $700.00 depending on the size of the painting & whether or not you buy it framed. He just does it by word of mouth & a little Art Gallery sign by the front drive of their home. He takes pictures of scenes in Maine to paint or uses pictures from Calendars and such - it began by just finding something to occupy his time and now he sells one or two a month - not too bad, 'eh. Yes, I am proud of my father and of my mother. They have given me good reason to be... I am glad that he is on the mend.

I am most GRATEFUL to all of you for your thoughts and your prayers!

Nothing much going on in my corner of the world right now --- I just spent the day yesterday trying to install my new card program my parents got me for my birthday coming up (they are always early). It won't install and so now I have to call their tech support at 10:30 this morning to see if they can talk me through... bummer. I never had problems before I got this new Epson Photo Printer/Scanner. Now it interfere's with new Install's for my Hallmark Card Shop --- frustrating.

Here is a pic of me with the program my folks got me:

Joe & I had a wonderful day on Friday (1-21) together!!! Wonderful!! It was SUNNY all day - COLD, but so clear and sunny! I could take days like that all everyday during winter. We went to the Craft Ctr. and I spent the money I got from Santa and the gift money from my parents there! But I sure had fun doing it --- we were in that store for three hours (!) - Joe spent most of the time in the candle making sections reading up on making candles (a new interest I think) - where I was in the scrapbooking and card embellishment sections. I love that store and it showed up in my bill at the end too. Then we went to lunch together and then off to Costco to spend a little there, but most of that was paper products we needed and alike. We got home at around 5ish and then began our chilling out together for the weekend with a pizza and a movie. We haven't spent a whole weekend together like that in a long time - it was so nice! I know, I know... you would think that we do spend it together all the time, but we are usually WITH someone.. it was nice just being "together".

I made a chicken dinner on Saturday (a 6 lb. bird with fruit stuffing of apples and raisins using chicken broth) that I think was absolutely wonderful, if I do say so myself ~ Joe hummmmed through it the whole time And then yesterday I made homemade chicken soup from the bones and the neck --- another yummy meal We watched 5 movies this weekend! "5" ! We haven't watched that many in a weekend in a long time... it felt nice spending time together and catching up on a snowy weekend. We saw *The Bourne Supremacy* with Matt Damon, a good action movie (a sequel to *The Bourne Identity*) & *Without a Paddle* cute, funny - Joe really liked it, I thought it was just okay & *Paparazzi* by Mel Gibson it was okay... predictable & *Hildago* A story about a man that entered endurance races in the early 1900's with his horse (Really Good! & a true story!) & *The Last Samurai* with Tom Cruise also a very good historic movie about the separation in Japan --- Traditions VS Western ways... the battle scenes were a bit hard to stomach, but a really good movie. It snowed 14" on Saturday while we were home taking in movies & watching the temps drop to 4* and winds blow. What a nice feeling knowing we didn't have to be anywhere Today we are in the 20's and climbing up toward the freezing mark - yeah.

There ya go gals! Our weekend and then some more then you wanted to know... I am sure

*~*~*

Angel, LOVE that new smile!!!! And NO!!!! You didn't frighten anyone away... silly gal I actually have saved some of the pictures you posted earlier and think that these teeth fit you better - I didn't know that you had dentures before to pay any attention to them. You always had a beautiful smile, but now it is new and improved Your dentist did well by you... You are a beautiful lady Charlotte

Diane, I do hope that you are feeling better by now. My girlfriend became ill very fast on Thursday and was ill all weekend. It is sure going around!! Feel better sweetie!

Sheila, Whoa... would we love to have temps in the 60's!!! I don't blame you one bit for wanting to be outdoors Sounds like you have been working your tail off --- I knew you would be. Just think of the weight you are working off

I asked earlier about "WHEN" you be moving... do you have a moving date? I found myself laughing so hard reading about your adventures with those foam coolers Something you will not miss... getting more foam containers... I am sure! Awwwe, I sure do wish I was close enough to lend a helping hand in cleaning your DF's place --- I would be there in a flash you know

Bluet, I totally FORGOT about the mystery movie!!! Joe was home and we rented a movie that night... bummer
I totally forgot... I wonder if they are repeating it, sometimes they do. I am gonna go search the Hallmark Channel Website and see.

How are you doing?!? We haven't heard from you much at all and now I am beginning to worry about your well-being. Did you fare up okay last week at work? Is the boss back yet?

Gloria, How was your weekend? Any big adventures with your brother & his wife? Hope you are having a good visit

*~*~*

Well, you gals have a great day now... stay in touch
Much Love,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 01-25-2005 at 09:11 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:16 PM   #2  

Red face *Getting to know you*

Hi Gals! I just finished this *Getting to Know You* Survey on another thread and thought it would be fun to do here as well --- wanna give it a go?

*~*~*

*1 IF YOU COULD BUILD YOUR HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD THAT BE ~ I have always love the sound of the Ocean, but living near water hasn't been such a good thing lately So that being said... I think that I would live in Alice Spring, Australia... lots of animals and plenty of sunshine Can you tell that I have already thought this one through

*2 FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING ~ My jammies... without a doubt! Oh... and old jeans too

*3 LAST CD BOUGHT~ Celine Dion's Anne Gettes *Miracle* CD ~ just Beautiful

*4 WHAT TIME DO I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING ~ I too wake up all hours of the night - I don't sleep as soundly as I would like, but as far as wake-up times - around 5:30 every morning... even weekends.

*5 FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE ~ My New Slow Cooker that I got from Joe this Christmas

*6 I YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE ~ The piano & the guitar... there's nothing like gathering around a bon fire with friends and a guitar player.

*7 WHAT IS MY FAVORITE COLOR ~ I have many favorites... Buttercup Yellow, Rose Pink, Lavender, Sky blue and Aqua Green just to start with.

*8 PREFER SUV, CAR OR TRUCK ~ I have always liked "truck-like" vehicles... Large pick-ups & SUV's... great for Australia

*9 DO I BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE ~ Sure DO! Jesus Christ our Savior! The best *Afterlife* anyone could ever want!! To live in harmony with all people and animals alike... heaven for sure I agree with Wilma -- I also look forward to never worrying about pain or be concerned about weight again

*10 FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK ~ Children's book? Don't know that it is, but my favorite childhood book (which I still have with leaves all pressed in it!) is *National Geographic's Animal Wildlife*. I got it for Christmas when I was about 10 from my mother --- I have always had a love for animals.

*11 FAVORITE SEASON ~ I have always enjoyed the Spring (late Spring, to early Summer) and the Autumn, my favorite of the two being Autumn.

*12 IF I HAD A SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE ~ It would be to bring all peoples the knowledge of Jesus Christ and His Salvation... to die knowing that I have done all I could to teach as many as I am able to of the Salvation of Jesus Christ would be an awesome honor. My heart aches with the thought that *love-ones* and *friends* will die not ever knowing Him.

*13 WHAT IS YOUR TATTOO IF YOU HAVE ONE ~ None, not a one... do freckles count?

*14 CAN YOU JUGGLE ~ Yup - Bill's! Nuff said...

*15 WHO WOULD I GO BACK AND TALK TO IN THE PAST ~ I have two... First, it would be the daughter I never knew, whom I carried for 9 months and never got to see her or to know her - what a honor it would be to have that opportunity. Second, I would go back and spend more time with my mom's mother - my grandmother... I miss her very much! And often feel that I never hugged her or chatted with her enough...

*16 FAVORITE DAY ~ I love Sunday's & Vacation Day's with Joe!

*17 WHAT IS IN THE TRUNK OF MY JEEP ~ 4 collapsible crates for groceries, a wool blanket, a ice/snow scraper, a first aid kit and tools for road repairs.

*18 DO I PREFER SUSHI OR HAMBURGER ~ Definitely a HAMBURGER! Like Popeye's - Wimpy, "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today"

*19 FAVORITE ERA OF TIME ~ Big Band Era 1930's/40's & I love the 1950's & some early 1960's

*20 FAVORITE HOLIDAY'S ~ Thanksgiving & Christmas

*21 FAVORITE PERSON IN YOUR LIFE (other then your sig. other) ~ My Mother - Without a doubt!

*22 FAVORITE FLOWER ~ Hydrangea's & White Daises w/ yellow centers & Lilac's in the Spring

*23 WHAT IS MY FAVORITE MEAL ~ A Good Porterhouse Steak, Salad, Baked Sweet Potato w/ whipped cinnamon butter & Choc. Chip Ice Cream for dessert --- yum You didn't ask if I can eat it, just what was my favorite

*~*~*

That was fun!

Loves,
SunnyD / Donna
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Oh, I love Pooh! Thanks for starting a new thread, SunnyD.

I'm so glad that your Dad is going okay! I bet everyone in your family breathed a sigh of relief. I know I did. What does he have to do to prevent another problem like that? That painting is absolutely beautiful. I see where you get your creative talent.

Hey, if you would have purchased an HP printer, you wouldn't be having any of those problems, I'm sure. Okay, I'm biased since DH works for HP. Keep us in food--buy HP! We had a Hallmark card program and really loved it. My DD borrowed it one time and I haven't seen it since. We got another knock-off program, and haven't installed it yet. Guess I don't make as many cards as I used to. Sounds like you had a wonderful Friday, and the chicken dinner on Saturday is making my mouth water. But the snow, oh, the snow! You guys are really getting hit hard. Snow definitely has some redeeming qualities, however, if you get to stay inside and snuggle with your sweetie, and not feel guilty watching movies all day. Throw a little popcorn and some hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps, and I'd be set.

So I was going to hire someone to just clean my floors and wash the windows, but she gave us a flat rate for cleaning the whole house that I just couldn't refuse. All this moving and work has really increased my pain so I'm going to be lazy and let her do everything. I did touch up paint work today (after cleaning windows all morning, which she'll do again on Monday--the cats will have gotten to them by then anyway), which was strenuous enough, along with caulking and pruning. Also got a quote on replacing two windows (eek--the cost!), and am getting another two tomorrow plus having the handyman come by with an estimate on doing some stuff.

Where is everybody? Hope you're all healthy and happy!

I'll give this thing a shot, SunnyD:

1. In a village near the ocean with mountains nearby and a river yet close enough to an urban area with museums, shops, etc. In the Pacific Northwest

2. An old sweatshirt that's way too big.

3. Chris Botti (gift for my DH)--he's a jazz trumpet player

4. I seem to wake up a lot from 3:00 am on, but I don't get up until 7:30 am.

5. George Foreman Grill

6. Piano

7. blue-green

8. car, preferably electric, but bigger than most electric cars because my DH is 6'3" and my son is 6'5"

9. Yes.

10. Stuff by Judy Blume. I loved reading the Berenstain Bears books to my kids.

11. spring and autumn for me, too.

12. To make people get along and not kill or hurt each other

13. No, never have, never will

14. Nope

15. I would like to meet my grandfathers if only to ask what the heck was wrong with them

16. Friday

17. my car trunk contains bags of stuff for the Goodwill, and an Omaha Steak box (naturally!)

18. I detest sushi, and never eat hamburgers anymore, but if I had to eat one or the other, it would be a hamburger

19. 1970s

20. Christmas, although Easter was a close second when we lived in Oregon

21. my friend Neoma

22. iris

23. Oh, there are so many! I guess it would be this chicken dish from Cooking Light (can't remember the name), garlic mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, artichokes, lemon meringue pie followed by, but not with, a scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #4  

Good morning, friends.
SunnyD...beautiful pics! Thanks for the compliments. I suppose you all think I'm silly carrying on about my dentures. My teeth were always so ugly & crooked, when I was growing up. When I had pictures made, I smiled with my mouth closed. It was a problem that haunted me through my dating years pretty bad. So, when I finally got up the nerve, around 15 yrs ago to go to Same Day Dentures & have all my uppers pulled & get my new teeth, I was so thrilled! I went with a friend, & we stayed in a motel that night, because I had to go back the next morning to get stitches removed. We laughed & had fun & I kept staring in the mirror at my new "self"! Now, I love to smile, & show my teeth!
I'm so glad your DF is doing well. I've been praying for him. That's something diabetics have to continually worry about. DH's mom has it, & my step-dad had a lot of trouble with his feet, before he passed away. It didn't have anything to do with his passing though, other than being a diabetic did go against him.
Oh Sunny...hope you don't have as many problems with your Epson printer as a friend of mine. I keep having to go to their house & help them get it to going. I agree with Sheila....can't beat HP! Are you sure it's compatible with your computer? It might work for simple printing, only.

Hi Sheila....bless your heart....I'll be so glad when you're settled & enjoying your new home. You need to take a good, long rest when all is done. I'm glad you hired someone to do the cleaning for you. How is your DF doing? Hope he's not giving you any grief. I'm praying he will be sooooo happy & content!

Ok...gonna try the Survey:

1.Where I'd build a house: Right here where we're at! We like it better than anywhere we've been, or can think of. Just would like to get it built!

2.Favorite article of clothing:Pajamas! I get into them every evening when I get home! When I went to Texas with Connie this summer, she said I had more pajamas than anyone she'd ever seen! Well...I wear them a lot, so I want to look cute in them when DH comes home!

3.Last CD bought:I've never bought a CD. I have to buy so many soundtracks to sing by....& my Protege I practice with doesn't have a CD player on it.

4.What time do I wake up:There's lots of nights I don't even go to bed, or wake up at 2 or 3, so I don't have to wake up. But, if I happen to sleep, the normal time is 6:30am.

5.Favorite kitchen appliance:My large toaster oven. (If I just HAVE to cook!! )

6.Instrument:Piano. I can cord just fairly. I would love to be able to play it correctly. I have an electric Suzuki that just sits & wonders if it's ever going to be played.

7.Favorite color:
Royal Blue

8.Prefer SUV, car, or truck:Car...mostly because it's hard for me to get in or out of anything else.

9.Do I believe in the After Life:Of course....I have a beautiful "Vision of Heaven"!

10.Favorite children's book:Cinderella....I'm a romantic.

11.Favorite season:Spring.

12.If I had a superpower:You both had great answers, & I agree. My next answer would be to take away all pain & suffering of the sick.

13. Do I have tattoos:Not unless surgical SCARS count!

14.Can you juggle:Nope! I can't even seem to juggle the bills, SunnyD!

15.Who would I go back & talk to in the past:My 2 grandfathers that I never knew. Most of all, my dad. I miss him soooooo much.

16.Favorite Day:Saturday.

17.What is in the trunk of my car:A picture frame.

18.Sushi or Hamburer:Cheeseburger!

19.Favorite era of time:70's.

20.Favorite holidays:Mother's Day & Father's Day. I like giving our parents extra attention. I also enjoy getting a little extra attention from my kids.

21.Favorite person in my life:I tried my best to think of just one, but, couldn't. So, I'll say the favorite person in my life has to be my Lord & Savior!

22.Favorite flower:Buttercup. DH has always brought me bouquets that he picks. When we were dating, he started the tradition. He'd stop the car, & run out into the field to gather buttercups for me to have, until our next date. Now, when they start blooming, he keeps me fresh bouquets until they've gone away. My next soundtrack has a pic of me holding buttercups!

23.My favorite meal:There's a restaurant we go to every Sunday, after church...O'Bryan's Steakhouse. I love their salad bar (which is what I usually get.) But, their steak & potatoes, or steamed veggies are delicious! Everything they have is good! Why did you do this to me??? Now....I'm hungry!!

I enjoyed reading the others, hope everyone does it! Hi to everyone!!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #5  

Smile

Hi Sheila & Angel,

I DID IT!!!!

I got the Hallmark Card Studio to Install!! I called the Hallmark number in their booklet and the tech there talked me through a <back door> into the Install I am so happy and the Card Studio does more then the past ones I have gotten --- Ladies I have 8 Hallmark Card Studio Programs! And I enjoy them all!

I loved reading your survey's... thanks for taking the time to fill them out I am printing them up to save In one of my answers I used *Wilma's* name --- she's from the other thread I go to and I forgot to remove it, I just did a copy and paste - hope it didn't bother you gals

*~*~*

Hi Sheila, Ohhh I have lots of POOH I can use

Thank~you so much for the compliment about me and my families talents... there is allot of talent in my family. You should see some of the paintings my brother has done. But he is so messed up on drugs that he has dropped all of that - my heart feels so sad for him when I think of him & all he has let go of because of those drugs (too long of a story to tell right now). Such a waste!!! My baby brother sings and plays the piano beautifully! And also is into wood-working. My sister loves to sew and I have gotten into crafts of all kinds - mostly making cards for family and friends.

My dad is to check his feet twice a day... morning & evening and he is to rest every hour bringing his legs above his hips and he doesn't do it! It isn't easy especially when you are involved in something and don't want to stop (I do the same thing - get it from HIM!). But he has to! My mom is a retired nurse and tests his blood sugar everyday, so he fine there - he just has to care for his feet better. The reason being the blood flow is further from the heart there and it's usually the first place to have problems.

I think you were very wise in hiring someone to clean the whole place. To be honest with you I think if I had to move today I would to the same thing!! It is totally worth the $$!! Good for you!

As for the Photo Printer - I DO agree with you HP is the best!! But my Joe bought this for me as a Christmas Gift and I didn't want to discourage him by not giving this one a try. Everything else I have is HP --- don't know why he bought me an EPSON. Well, I do know that EPSON was putting out allot of good prices just before Christmas, that may have grabbed his eye a the time. It's all working now Yeahhhhh!

Angel, I could totally understand your feelings now that you shared with us about your smile... too bad you had to go and have them all pulled when now they do veneers! You did what you knew at the time and it looks great on you now And I don't think you are being silly at all --- that is just an expression I use sometimes

Thank~you so much for keeping my DF in your *prayers*, Angel, I was so concerned about him! My mom wrote to me yesterday and told me that he has really improved and is even back to telling jokes again and being his devilish self Your pryers were heard! Again, I thank you so much...

I Love your graphic!!!! I saved it too It's so adorable with the kitty and mice

Hello Bonnie, Where are you?????!!!!!????? I so miss you not being around lately and am beginning to worry about you!!! Please stop in soon!

Hi Diane, is everyone getting all better now??? You doing okay... miss hearing frm you too!

Hi Gloria! Hope you are having a good visit with your family...

*~*~*

Gotta be going --- wanna go play with my new Card Program

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #6  

Question By-the-way...

Have you gals heard about Johnny Carson's death? I have been watching all the specials they have been running about him and the shows. They are saying that the sales of the DvD's of his shows have rocketed to #1 in sales since his death. I remember seeing them at the wholesale club when I was Christmas shopping... his shows were funny. I taped Jay Leno's show the other night - it was a good show honoring Carson.

He'll be missed
an ERA to never be seen again

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-26-2005, 06:22 PM   #7  
I can and I will do it!

Hello strangers, I have been absent so long and sure have missed all of you. We have all been so sick around here this last week but am feeling much better and regaining some strength again. We went and bought groceries this morning first time I have been out in a week and it sure felt good to get out of this house. Now I have to get busy tomorrow and get some cleaning done, I have just let things go.

Sunny so glad to hear DF is doing better, I know what a relief it is for you. His painting is beautiful, such a talent. It sounds like you and Hubby had some memorable times this last week end. Wasn't it nice to just relax and watch it snow?

Hi Sheila glad you got someone to clean for you, that is such hard work.
I hope DF is adjusting ok.

Charlotte where in Texas did you and your friend go?

to Gloria and Bonnie.

Have a wonderful evening girls.

1.Where I'd build a house: In the mountains.

2.Favorite article of clothing: Sweats I go for comfort.

3.Last CD bought: I can't remember it has been so long, think maybe it was The Beatles.

4.What time do I wake up: It depends what stage I am in, sometimes at 3 or 4 am, but on an average 5 am.

5.Favorite kitchen appliance: My crockpot

6.Instrument: No musical ability here.

7.Favorite color: Green

8.Prefer SUV, car, or truck: SUV

9.Do I believe in the After Life: I sure do.

10.Favorite children's book:Bambi

11.Favorite season:Spring.

12.If I had a superpower: I would find cures for all of the horrible diseases the human race live with.

13. Do I have tattoos: No way

14.Can you juggle: No you have got to be kidding.

15.Who would I go back & talk to in the past: It would be my dear Sister, I miss her everyday of my life. She was my Mother, Sister and Best Friend.

16.Favorite Day:Saturday

17.What is in the trunk of my car: Baby stroller

18.Sushi or Hamburer: No sushi for me give me a burger anytime.

19.Favorite era of time:60's

20.Favorite holidays: Christmas and Thanksgiving.

21.Favorite person in my life: My husband Gary, he is the highlight of my life.

22.Favorite flower: I love roses any color and love their scent.

23.My favorite meal:Mexican food yummmmm
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:01 PM   #8  

Hello!

Candlelady, so happy to see you back! I'm glad you're feeling much better, and are able to get out and about a bit. Don't overdo with the cleaning or you may end up back in bed! My Dad won prizes for his roses, Candlelady. He had hundreds in the backyard. In its heydey, his backyard rose garden was the talk of the neighborhood, and he used to drop by with roses for neighbors.

Charlotte, you weren't carrying on about your dentures at all. Having a beautiful smile is something to be proud of, especially if you had problems with your teeth when you were younger. Smiles make people feel good. I sure wish my teeth were whiter. One of these days I'm going to bleach my teeth. Do you ever watch Extreme Makeover? Those people look 100% different after they've gotten their teeth fixed, and they're always so happy. What a sweet DH you have, Charlotte! I love the buttercup story.

I'm enjoying the surveys, too, SunnyD. Thanks for posting that. I hope 5 Dogs and Bluet come back soon and answer, too. I'm glad you got your card program working. And it's good to know that you buy HP products. That's sad about your brother. A talent wasted is always sad. I hope this scare has helped your Dad see that he needs to do what the doctor says. If he's like most people, he'll do it for a while, but then forget. My DH only does his back exercises when his back is hurting, instead of doing them all the time so that his back won't hurt.

Today I signed the paperwork to sell my ancestral home. Okay, it's only been in the family since 1957, but my family is the only one that ever lived here. After signing, I got a little bit misty, which surprised me. The realtor decided to have the broker's open house on February 1 so I had to change my dog's dental appointment so that he's gone all day that day. He barks insanely when we have visitors. The cats have to go to a kennel for the first week, which is when most of the prospective buyers look at the place. It's easier for me to put the dog in a travel crate and stick him in the back of the car when we leave while someone is looking at the house. He likes to go for rides, unlike the cats who run at the sight of the cages.

Did I mention that the camellias are in bloom here? So are some of the flowering cherries and the heather is in bloom, too. All my bulbs are about two inches out of the ground already. If the house sells, I won't see them, but I'm looking forward to planting more in my new home. Thinking about it, I've left tons of flowers every place I've lived since our first home. In Colorado I used to buy expensive test iris (my favorite flower), and I would have dug them up when we moved, but it was January and the ground was frozen solid.

I'm weighing in tomorrow because I want to go to a water aerobics class on Friday, my usual weigh-in day. My pants feel looser so hopefully the scale will go down. We have a funeral to attend (my BIL) on Saturday, which is our normal water aerobics day.

Here's hoping everyone has a great Thursday!

Last edited by Sheila53; 01-26-2005 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #9  

Good Evening,

It looks like you have all been very busy here at FatChicks. I have been overwehlmed at work, I finally started to see some light at the end of the tunnel near the end of today. When I would get home from work, I was just too tired to do much of anything, but eat supper and watch a little TV and go to bed.

Sheila, is it normal for all of those flowers to be so far along in January. What will happen if you have a cold spell? All our stuff is frozen under several feet of snow. All of our computers and printers are HP's, except our fax machine is a Cannon. As I have said before HP is an excellent product. DH repairs HP and Cannon for a living.

Sunny, I love Pooh too. Always have, it is not beneath me to watch a Winnie The Pooh video from time to time with the grandkids. Pooh just makes me feel good. Please forgive me ladies, if I don't do the survey, I don't have the energy for it right now. Sorry.

Charlotte, you are looking lovely as always. One of these days your house is going to be all done. Hang in there.

Diane, happy to hear you are feeling better. Sheila is right "don't over do."

Take care ladies and have a good Thursday.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #10  

Smile

Bluet, it's so good to see you I am so sorry that you are not feeling like yourself these days, I will keep you in my *prayers* that you feel better real soon! All you need is a good dose of SUNSHINE!! It has made all the difference in the world to me and my boys today It's suppose to be sunny like this for a couple day - cold, but sunny... I'll take it! Would you like me to send a some your way?

You should see all the *Winnie the Pooh* VHS tapes I have I think it's soooo cool that you watch them too I love Pooh! There's a new movie out too --- I think it's called *Whose Heffalump* looks cute

I do hope that you will take the survey later on in the weekend, Bonnie... I printed the ones here to keep I'd love to add yours too

Hi Sheila, Yes, it is sad about my brother - I think of him all the time and pray even more. He has had allot to overcome in life, but I wish that he knew that he isn't alone. I have written him so many times to let him know I am here --- he doesn't have a phone When he's ready, he knows I am here.

Are you going to take any of those rose bushes with you when you make the move? That would be so hard for me to leave behind. Although, it will add to the sale of your home. What is the year of your home?? So you have been there since 1957! You have been there as long as I am old did you realize that? I could totally understand you getting misty - I would be crying my eyes out too. Change is good, but not always easy. Did you know that this is the best time of year for selling a home? I hope it doesn't take long for you... with those gardens you should have no problems.

How did your weigh-in go?? Bet you did well!

Hello's to Charlotte, Diane & Gloria! Come and post soon --- I don't like it when it gets too quiet here

*~*~*

Guess what I spent the day doing today ladies? Believe it or not --- (drum roll, please ) I have finally taken down all our Christmas decorations We enjoyed the lights and decorations so much during this gloomy winter weather neither of us wanted them down. But today for some reason - maybe the sunshine - I decided it was time to take them down. I haven't gotten them all put away yet, will finish that tomorrow. It's nice to have everything back to normal again.

Have a good one gals!!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 01-27-2005, 05:34 PM   #11  

Sunny, thank you for praying and worrying over me. I'll be fine I promise.
I love Pooh!!!!! I knew you were up to something, you were being way to quite.

Girls, I am not going to be home this evening. We have an Appreciation Banquet for Dh's work place. We have to travel and I know we will get back late. Therefore, I will be too tired to post.

See you on Friday....There is this new show on on Friday called Numbers with Rob Morrow, I always liked him on Northern Exposure. I don't know if it cuts into Hallmark MM or not, will have to check. More Mystery Stuff.

Have a good evening.

Bluet
Bluet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:17 PM   #12  

Hey, Bluet, good to see you back. Dang that work cutting into your online time! So is DH getting appreciated and, more importantly, what did you get to eat? I think Numbers looks interesting, too. I still haven't watched the last mystery I taped. Now that packing stuff has calmed down, I think I'll do that. Tomorrow I'll let you know how gory (or not) CSI was, assuming it's a new one. Not sure what's going to happen if we get a cold spell, although a cold spell around here would be in the 30s.

SunnyD, over the weekend I was wondering whether you had taken down the Christmas decorations, but I forgot to ask. I noticed that there are still people in my 'hood with outside Christmas lights still up and turned on. Actually, it's kind of nice. Are the boys going to miss them? Well, about the roses, I dug all but a couple out when we moved in. They were just too hard to take care of, and I found most of them good homes with people from the rose society my Dad formed many years ago. He hasn't been active in years, but I put an ad in their newsletter and got calls from people. I gave some to my cousin, too, and she has been winning prizes at the county fair with them.

Well, the weigh-in was a bust. Only 1/4 lb. lost. It's strange, though, because the leader (who didn't weigh me) happened to mention that she lost 3 lbs. last week, then had a great week, but only lost 1/4 lb. this week. She said that she's learned that it's the body leveling things out. Hopefully I'll have a better loss next week. The funny thing is that my pants seem a lot looser than they did last week.

After weigh-in, I went to see my Dad and dropped off his mail. It's still not being forwarded. He'd lost all his doctor's appointment cards so I told him that I would call all his doctors and get his appointments straightened out. I was happy to do that because he'd been putting off making an eye doctor appt. so I made it for him. The area around his eyes is swollen and red, and his eyes weep a lot. He's also got cataracts. When I left, he said, "Thanks for stopping by, Steph." Steph is my sister. I was really quite bummed when he said that. I think it's because I no longer see him every day, although my sister has only seen him twice since 1996 so I don't know why her name came up.

5 Dogs, hope you're having loads of fun! Candlelady, you better not have had a relapse. And, Charlotte, hope you're doing okay. Have a great Friday, everyone!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:44 AM   #13  

Smile

Good Morning gals...
There was nothing on TV last night, bummer --- usually Thursday nights are my fav. but just about everything was in repeats I watched a little bit of that wedding show, but it didn't keep my interest. I did enjoy *ER* last night - always a good show - intense! I have not seen that new show you all mentioned *Numbers*. My sister told me about it too, but haven't watched... it's gotten to where I have so many unwatched taped shows and no time to sit and watch them

*~*~*

Sheila, I am sorry that the scale didn't show more weight-loss, but I bet that the next visit YOU WILL see some loss. The body is so complex --- I bet you are holding water from being so tired. Your next visit will be a better one - if you feel as if you have lost I bet you have! Just hang in there!!

I bet your DF is just acting normal for having the health issues he has, Sheila. What the mind does is difficult to grasp sometimes. It has to be so hard to accept when they don't remember who you are... I am sorry. You are a good daughter without a doubt! Good to hear that you got all his appointments made for him, now he can have his eyes examined.

Speaking of eyes... I have to make an appointment for Joe & I too. We both feel that our eyes are changing - what a pain!

As for my decorations ~ you know what I did?! I got everything taken down and thought I got it all... walked all through the house and felt all proud of myself for not forgetting anything this time and then my hubby comes home last night and tells me that the front door is still decorated Woops Guess I'll take that down today... no biggie, I haven't put anything away yet, it's all stacked in the spare-room right now. I want to go get some new bins to store everything in. We still have all the outside stuff up, but haven't turned them on since the 15th of Jan. It's just too snowy and cold out to fuss with taking it all down right now - haveta wait for some warmer temps or I'll have a popcycle-hubby

Yep!!! I think that the boys will miss the TREE! They always slept under it by the heater, especially our little Domino!! He was all over me yesterday as I took it all down - rubbing all over my legs as if to say "I am beggin' you not to take my tree away" I feel so bad, but I cannot have a tree up all year just for my kitties --- what would the neighbors think

*~*~*

*Have a GREAT FRIDAY Gals!*
Where is everyone!?!?
*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 01-28-2005 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:18 PM   #14  

Good Friday morning friends,

I'm sorry I've gotten so far behind. I've been doing research on my test results. Just hope it isn't what I found......not happy with it. I go to getting nervous & doing research before a visit with a specialist.

I HAVE read all the posts!
SunnyD...is your appointment to see how your eyes have progressed with the problem you had with them? Wish you luck, girl.
Well, I know someone who is later than you with Christmas decorations! The meteorologist at the TV station & his wife! They have a very large, artificial tree, all decorated. They never take it down.....just move it to a back room until the next Christmas! You know, I don't think I would have told anyone that, if I was them. Glad you're having fun with your new program.

Sheila...hey, 1/4 lb is that much off! Besides, it sounds like you lost in inches! I know it's good to see the numbers go down, but it's also good to see the clothes loosen up. Speaking of loose clothes.......I don't think mine has loosened any this week.

Hi Bluet....still got snow? We're going to get a lot of rain this weekend. They talked about ice, but doubt if that's going to happen. It's warmed up a little. Stop working so hard!
Thanks for the encouragement on the house. I know it will happen one day.

Hello candlelady...My friend, Connie, & I went to Dallas & another place past there, almost in Oklahoma. Connie was invited to sing at a couple of places, & I tagged along....took pics, interviews, etc. We had lots of fun. My DH has an aunt that lives in Telephone Texas. Do you know where that's at?

Hi to everyone....gotta go to work. Have a great day!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #15  

Smile

Hi Gals,

I was just checking out what happened to Gloria / 5dogs since she hasn't been back (I get concerned) and I found that she joined another thread - just wanted you all to know so you wouldn't worry I just can't help but search people out if they are missing long... just to be sure they are okay. I wonder why people just drop out? Aren't we nice enough? I belong to other threads too, but I just don't leave... That's okay... I won't just leave - you are stuck with me I think you gals are the best!

*~*~*

Hi Agnel, You gotta be careful with that researching, you may get overwhelmed with the info offered. I hope you don't have to worry about anything you found on the net. How are you today?

Yes, it will be a follow-up from my last eye appointment & an overall check of my vision... but I'm not concerned, it didn't grow at all my last check-up 7 months ago. Joe is due for an exam too...

Too funny about the TV station couple leaving up their tree all year --- can't say that I blame them though. If I had a big house to store things in I just may have done the same thing!

I took a picture of my humble Angel shelf... I was dusting and thought - Charlotte would like to see these Hope you like...

*~*~*

*Hope that everyone else is having a good day!*
Love you gals!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*