Old 01-27-2005, 09:40 AM   #1  
a.k.a. Roxy

Default Moms Desperate to Lose Weight #27~ Thursday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching what I eat.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #2  
a.k.a. Roxy

Goodmorning all you shrinkin' mommies!

Well let me start off by saying that Michelle (!) you posted some really great pics on last night's thread. I can really see the difference! Look at your shoulder line at 250. It is more rounded and at week 7 pic it is squaring up! and you face is definitely thinner too. WTG girlie girl!!! Whoo Hoo! I don't think we notice these differences in weight on ourselves as well as when there are before and after pics. I salute you! Now you are a Gazelle Girl too. You will be shrinking even more from now on!

Jeniqua- I'm so sorry ds is so ill! How horrible! Oh these trials for you lately! You have been in my prayers and I realize how difficult it is for you. Honestly, it's just one thing after the other lately! Well, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Praying that your time of tribulations will be over soon. We're here for you!

Hi all of you other moms! I'm getting a real handle on the laundry, believe it or not, and I'm going to go downstairs and throw in another load now. bbm
(be back momentarily) BTW-Yeah, I did notice I messed up on the thread name...mea culpa! Forgive me!

~Roxy

Last edited by 1hot_tomato; 01-27-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:14 AM   #3  
Jeniqua

Good morning Roxy! Thanks for the kind and heart warming words. I was thinking the same thing last night. How much more must we be hit with, you know?? I know God will get us through just very aggrevating. I am so glad I am so into exercise again because it really helps with my frusterations. My son seems be doing much better. He slept all night and was FEVER FREE!!

Well today I have 2 little boys I am babysitting along with my son. I have an appointment in the afternoon. By the time I get back the kids will be home. I plan on going to the gym tonight and really work out and run. I am really looking forward to it. It is -3 degrees today but with the windchill it's like -30 to -40 degrees out there. It's freezing. I have to go start getting ready for my appointment but I'll bbl to get personal with all of you.

Michelle~ YOU LOOK GREAT!! All this hard work is really paying off. Before you know it you'll be at your goal. Come on girl, we can do this!!!

PS~ Roxy, you want to come to my house and help me get caught up on my laundry !
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to stop in... things have been really hectic around here lately...

My husband's little 15 y.o. cousin had went into the hospital on Sunday with the "flu" or flu like symptons.... which I figured was pneumonia... well she has been moved into pediatric icu and quit breathing and it took almost 15 minutes to get her oxygen levels stablized yesterday... she is in a medicated coma and they are now not sure if she has brain damage from yesterday....

We just got the results in yesterday that she has TSS.. Toxic Shock Sydrome.. as of this morning the doctors are saying she has a 2 percent change for improvement at this point... The next 24 hours will tell, so they say...

Please send some prayers out....

I am going to take a little time off the boards and spend with our family.

Hugs to you all,
I'll check in later on in the week... Love to you all!

Penny
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Oh Penny! How awful! I will certainly pray for her. If anyone knows...is this the disorder that doctors were warning women about with tampons? Come on Michelle...I bet you know. I haven't heard of this in a very long time. Our prayers are with your family Penny! Please keep us updated!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:54 AM   #6  
**Kristin**

Good Morning!

First off - Penny, please know that I am praying for your family at this difficult time. Peace and comfort for that dear girl. Strength and understanding for everyone around her. Love you sweetie...I understand about the family time, nothing can make the difference like spending time. Please update us whevever you can.

jeniqua - Worried about you too girl! Glad that you are having a little easier time now. I think that the old wives tale of "it comes in 3's is true for you. Your tooth, your dh and then your son. Glad everyone is on the mend! I will say some more healing prayers for your family as well!

Michelle - You look wonderful ! I already thought you were a hot mama, but man, watch out Elizabeth Hurley! LOL! you are such a wonderful genuine person to start with, its only fitting that the outside match the inside Keep up the awesome work!

Hi to all you others, I don't have a grip of time right now, maybe later....but I did want to write those quick messages and let you all know that I am still fighting this sinus infection, but the meds are helping. Other than that, things are pretty good. I have a volunteer from the hospice center that is helping me and staying with G-ma while I take sydney to and from pre-school. She really missed having her mommy do that and it was starting to take a toll on her. I am so blessed that people care to volunteer for things such as this. I have always been on the giving end (I volunteer for certain things as well) and never the recieving end before....now I appreciate it more than ever! HOpe you are all having a wonderful day!

I work tonight and then tomorrow night offered to stay here all evening with Adam and sydney so my aunt and uncle can go out somewhere and have a little fun..so I don;t know when I will get to chat/post next! :P
TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #7  
soontobethin

Good morning.
Penny and Jeniqua, I will keep both of you and your families in my thoughts and prayers.
Michelle, great pics. You can really see the difference between your first and last one.
I hope eveyone got a good nights sleep. I will check in later. Have a great day.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hi all,
Kids are home today and tomorrow so I'll probably be brief.
Penny - that is terrible about your hubby's cousin. I'll shoot a prayer up for her right now. {hugs} to you guys.

Michelle - loved the pictures! I hope I can have the same success you have had.

Kristin - I'm glad the meds are helping your sinus infection. Feel better soon! Mine took a good 3 weeks to recover from.

Jeniqua - Glad your little one is feeling better today. I hope you can make it to the gym later. I know I hate to go out when it's so cold. Tomorrow I'm going to Curves and the boys will probably sleep in.

Roxy - I like the name "desperate to lose weight!" (that's me, for sure!)

I'll check back later if I get a chance. Hubby's been putting in some long hours and I've running the ship here.

P.S. - do you guys ever chat on the msn group? If so, when? THanks!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:33 PM   #9  
I will suceed!!!

Penny, I am sorry to hear about your h's niece. I will keep her in my thoughts. I really hope things improve for her.

Michelle, the pictures look great! Just today, I went to pick up something from the store, and a man there asked me if I was going to keep losing weight, that I was looking good. I've only lost 33 pounds so far, but I can't see a difference when I look in the mirror! LOL, oh well.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I got my refund check a day early, so I get to get my car tomorrow, and get all the laundry I have to the laundry mat(no facilities at the apartment I live in!)....loads and loads of fun!

Well, I am off, got to get the kid from school. Take care!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #10  

Just a quick post ...

Penny, I'm sooo sorry to hear about your dh's cousin. I am praying for her.

For who ever asked. Yes, tss is what they warn you about with tampons. But I believe it can come from other things too.

Kristing, hope you are feeling better soon.

Michelle, your face is so much thinner and you notice a big change in the stomach too. And I'm not talking about from 250. Since the challenge tooo.

Roxy, thanks for starting the thread this a.m

Jenny, glad ds is feeling better today. How r u feeling?
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:07 PM   #11  
Jeniqua

Hi Ladies..

Penny~ I will definitely be praying for you and your family! I am soo sorry to hear that. I will be praying for your husband's cousin. You have all your friends here praying for her, you and the rest of your family.Keep us posted.

Kristin~ I hope your sinus infection clears up soon. I am so glad you also have some help with you G-ma. I am doing much better. Thanks for the prayers I really appreciate them and can always use them. You sure have been missed around here. When things settle down I hope to see you around more often.

Mel~ I am feeling 100 percent better..I actually started eating soft foods today! I just have to chew on my left side but that's better than nothing, right?? Well I'm off to the gym!! You heard me right...the GYM!! I'm soo excited, can't you tell?? Did you make it to the gym today?? Please don't turn my world upside down like that again..LOL!!

Gretchen~ Yes, it's soo great that he's feeling better. A good night's rest makes a world of difference. My neice and nephew are out of school tomorrow so they'll be here all day tomorrow. I guess I better think of some fun things to do, huh??

ricci~ Thanks for the prayers!!

Well off to the gym I go..hopefully I don't lose my motivation once I step into the cold ...BUUURRR!!! BBL to chat some more..Ta ta for now.
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:47 PM   #12  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Hi Ladies!

Flying low again! Been busy getting ready for tax season all day and then had scouts and now out the door to a Pack meeting. Rush, rush, rush.

Penny: I will be thinking about her as well. Hoping that the next 24 hours bring great news for your family. Check in with us when you can and keep us posted.

Jeniqua: Glad things are looking better your way!

Tabitha: Woohoo on the car!

Kristin: So glad you are getting some help with Grandma!

Mel, Ricci, Roxy Gretchen and everyone else; hopw you had a great day.

I'll be back tomorrow.

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #13  
I will suceed!!!

Jeniqua, I am so glad you are feeling better!

Penny, I am so sorry, for some reason neice was stuck in my head. I will keep your hubby's cousin in my thoughts and prayers!

I had a delicious dinner tonight, though I am not sure on how healthy it is. Can y'all tell me? Pinto beans slow cooked all night with a jalepeno (no seeds) and half an onion chopped up into it. And sausage added to it this afternoon. I had about a cup or a cup and a half. You know, they tasted so good. I didn't need to add any seasoning to it, just the onion and pepper. They tasted so good it hurt! I know, it probably would have been healthier without the sausage. But, alas, I had no cornbread, how healthy is cornbread anyway? Well, that's about it.

Have a good, peaceful night's rest everyone!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:12 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a flyby for me. IT's ER night!

Penny-I'll be praying for your niece. What a scary situation! I haven't heard of TSS for years. I thought that was one of those things we wouldn't have to hear about again.

Michelle_You look great, girlie!

Okay HI Roxy, Kristin, Deana, Gretchen, Tabitha, Ricci, Melissa, Cindi, Cheri, Geri, Jillybean, and who did I miss? I love you all but I must get in my jammies and kick back for the evening.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!
Just a quick post from me! I'm at work and I'm sure there are other things I can be doing lol.

Penny, I'm so sorry about DH's cousin, I'm praying for her tonight! Keep us updated!

Thanks to everyone for the nice compliments on my weight progression pictures, I'm not expecting a loss this week, TOM is due very soon so I'm bloating up and everything ugghhhh, I actually entertained the thought of going off plan for a week, for some reason my appetite seems to be ravenous I don't know what's going on or if its just a symptom of TOM who knows lol. I have resisted thus far though so that is good!

Tabitha, your dinner sounded very good and I think only the sausage would have made it unhealthy. Have you thought of switching to vegetarian meat substitute products? Boca Burger makes a great sausage as does Morning Star farms. I don't eat a whole lot of meat products because of the calories in fat contained in them. It's very easy for me to eat vegan products though because I grew up a vegan so no big deal and it tastes fine to me lol but maybe not to everyone else. I love MorningStar Farms fajita "burgers" too they are wonderful!! Just a few hints

Okay girlies I need to get back to work I suppose, I promise I'll come post in the morning tomorrow Oh yeah I did the challenge and 30 minutes on my gazelle! Yippee!!

Goodnight!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote