South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 06:16 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Chick Chat 01/27

Good morning, Chickadees~~

I was locked out of the coop yesterday. Since I have to leave here at 7:15 ET, I wasn't able to post.

Had some fun and games here, though, courtesy of Buffy-the-Rodent-Slayer.

I was dressed in my gym togs getting ready to hit the door when she brought in a vole and dropped in in the living room. It emitted a shriek...well a tiny little vole shriek, and promptly ran between my feet!!! Causing ME and DD to shriek. Following which was something akin to Lucy and Ethel trying to catch a mouse. We tried to chase it down and trap it in a glass..."Not one of my good glasses!! Get a paper cup!!" Attempt to transfer rodent to cup, see rodent leap skyward and swandive to dining room floor and skitter under potted plant. See dogs pushing and shoving to see what the excitement is all about. See Buffy sulking at us spoiling her fun. Finally after about five minutes of mayhem, vole is safely deposited under the back deck.

Other than that, nothing exciting going on around here....

Mamacita
Old 01-27-2005, 06:41 AM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Default Thanks for the giggle

Hello chickadees, just checking in.

Thats pretty funny mamacita. I need something to giggle about since I'm "Phase 1 Phrustrated!!" Days 2-5 were pleasant, scalewise, but days 6-9 the scale hasn't even budged. AACCKK, AARRHH, OOm+M===ph, dagnabit.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:10 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Abroad, Keep hanging in there...I've heard the last 10 are the most stubborn b/c they've been hanging around the longest. Makes sense...those pounds have gotten comfy sitting there...they don't want to leave!

But you've done great! Congrats on your success so far. 30 pounds!! Amazing!!

Mamacita
Old 01-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Mama... Glad your back I missed you yesterday! I would have come unglued if that happened to me. Catchin it would have been about the last thing I would have tried! lol Glad all is well!

Abroad... Hang in there chickie. Maybe it is shifting right now and then it will drop like a ton of bricks! lol My 4th day on phase 1 and I have only dropped one pound. But I am not stressing! (YET!) lol

To the rest get up! lol I'll check back later DH is still here!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:31 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies!

Mama- Good to hear from you! That story was so funny! I could just picture you and hear the commotion!

Abroad - Hang in there! You can do it! You have done so well!

Bamie - Glad to hear from you this morning too!

Me- I lost another pound! I was beginning to wonder if I would, lol. Not really, but I didn't like the stall much! I am feeling much better this morning. Thank you for all the well wishes!

I am taking our 3 finalists and an alternate to the all district spelling bee today. I hope one of our kids wins!! I suppose I should take a book or something, as it could be a long morning. I have been wimping out on Jazzercise in the mornings lately, so I decided to switch to evenings. My father in law's fiancee is going to go with me. It will be better to have someone else to meet there. That should motivate me to move my hiney!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Nally
Old 01-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's sure nice to wake up to a good chuckle this morning, thanks Mamacita. You're a lot braver than me, thought, I think I would have died!

Abroadabroad, try not to be discouraged about stalling. It's happened to me sooooo many times. You'll start losing again, once your body makes it's neccessary adjustments. Take care, and hang in there!

Bamie, Today is my 4th day on Phase 1, too, and I've lost 4lbs already! You'll most likely see your loss within the next few days, and I'll probably start slowing down!

I feel much better this morning, so hopefully this bug is on it's way out. The little ones have been wanting me to go sledding with them, so today I feel up to it, although it's only 8* out right now. Supposed to warm up to 18* later, so I guess that won't be too bad. Our watermain break is finally fixed, and a guy even came in with a bulldozer to scrape up all the ice off the road, so things are back to normal. The only bad part was that they turned off everyone's water without telling us first, so we were without water most of the day, but at least it's finally fixed. On the menu today is going to be scrambled eggs w/salsa for breakfast, leftover Chicken Alfredo for lunch, and Grilled Salmon with sauteed spinach for supper. I'm going to go and try to get some laundry done before the baby gets dropped off.

Godd Morning and Happy Thursday to all those who are probably posting the same time I am, and are joining us later!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Mamacita, too funny! Voles are so cute.

A broad, it'll come off... Mama is so right. Hang in there, girl!!

Bamie, how's your Mom, hon?
Hey, the weight will come off... keep on slogging away at it.

Nally, congratulations on the pound! And good luck with the spelling bee today!

MercyNo, you made such a good point yesterday about being "invisible" when we're fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyNo
But maybe we become better people because we have been there and know what the other side looks like and are more able to see everyone around us, something that maybe someone who never fought with their weight cant see?
Certainly I've learned to like myself despite my weight. Maybe being overweight has made us more introspective. When I'm fat, I'm "not just a pretty face", and I've had to work on other areas to be noticed. So that people don't look at me and think, "She's just a fat woman."
I'm more outspoken, and I know I've worked on other areas of my self that I might not have bothered with if I'd remained slim.
Now if I could just work on getting slim again, I'd be pretty much perfect.

A busy day ahead... a trip to our accountant, then to our DD's new psychiatrist, hockey, exams for DD...
I'm looking forward to tomorrow... breakfast out with a friend, and NOTHING ELSE on the agenda!
Hope everyone has a good, OP day!!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Cottage, I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Have fun with the kids.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Ok finally he is gone! He sure hung around a long time this morning. He's stressed right now so I am sure that is why. Today I am goin to move all the stuff out of one pantry into the other and tear the one out!!!!!!!!!! DH and I decided to do that before we lay the new floor. The one I am tearin out ain't as big as a minute so it is no big deal. I will be glad to have the stuff in the other one because right now I am just puttin junk in there that I hardly use. So it will give me a good reason to get rid of it. I am helpin my MIL take stuff to her churches childrens home in Feb and they have a thrift store that helps fund it so I will donate everything to them. So it looks like I have a busy day now! lol I love to tear stuff out!

Ellis.. Mom is ok.(I guess) I will feel much better when I have her here with me because she lives alone.

Nally... Have a good time with the kidos. I hope y'all win!

Cottage ... Be careful out in the weather you don't want to restart it. Congrats on your loss so far. I have never had a big loss in phase 1 so no sweat as long as it is movin in the right direction! lol

Well I am off to get started. I will be back later. Have a great day all!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 01-27-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:16 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! I'll never keep up with you young chickies and the clucking!

Mamacita, the vole story is too funny! My old cat Marigold caught a vole one time and it stood her off. Those little buggers have sharp teeth!

A Broad, Mamacita is right. Those last pounds have been there a long time. I think of them as trees with very deep tap roots. I have 50 year old pines on my hips! They will disappear eventually.

Bamie, you be sure to get back in here as soon as you ditch your DH for the day. We'd miss you if you didn't pop in so often. (I see you are back and tearing things up. Please leave the inside of this coop alone, y'all hear?)

Nally, wishing luck to your finalists at the "spelling bee" today. That phrase brings back memories because I used to be a super speller. Notice I said [u]used[/b] to be!

Cottage, I am glad you are feeling somewhat better today. I'm glad the ice situation is resolved but doing without water for a day is the pits! Have fun with the kidlets!

Ellis, my darling girl, you are so together! I can understand why you like yourself - and I am NOT kidding! Don't let the bean counter snow you! Hugs to DD from me and wish her luck on those damned exams.

Me? I'm sleeping in a bit longer these days for some reason - clean living and a clear conscience? The Girls were hollering when I got up to let me know that one of them - no eye contact - had pooped on the kitchen floor! Bad way to start the day! I guess dogs shouldn't eat the remains of a Caesar Salad.

But then the good news! I got to change my ticker this morning and am back in ONEderland again. Would someone please nail that door shut so I can't go back! There is a slight chance that I may make my January goal now. I have stopped having wine with dinner so it's either that or the small treadmill sessions that are doing the trick. Whater it is, I'll take it.

I have to get the garbage out to the road and then go down for the paper. Jane is supposed to come at 11 and I will go to town for a haircut and some bits of shopping. I need ankle weights and an exercise mat - yes, me! I have not done formal exercise in 66 years! I have two community meetings this evening and think I may skip both of them unless my conscience really bugs me - Fair Board and Community in Blooms. The last one is the more important so I'll have to think on it.

Havea great Thursday - it's a gift!
Old 01-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks it is a balmy -36 with the windchill this morning I drove the kids to school for fear they would be frozen solid if they had to wait at the bus stop. I still have youngest dd home she is feeling slightly better today but still has a bit of a fever. Then I have one of the wee ones not feeling good. He should have been at the Dr's days ago but there is only so many hints you can give a parent other than taking him myself. grr. I went to bed last night at 9:00 with a stuffy head and a cough. Still feeling crappy this morning. Then to top it all off I got a phone call saying that my dear neighbour passed away last night. Poor thing she had been in the hospital for months got home for a few days and then went back in. She will be sadly missed by my dd's and us.

Mama- the vole thing was way too funny. Thanks I needed a laugh. I would have probably ran out of the house screaming.

abroad-I know the feeling when the scale stalls. Keep up the good work it will move again soon.

Bamiegurl-morning chick good luck with the renos and a stressed hubby.

Nalaminuhave fun at the spelling bee. I hope yours wins.

cottagebythesea- glad the watermain is fixed, nothing worse than not having water. Have fun sledding that should burn a few calories. Your menu for the day sounds great. Want to set an extra place at the table for me.

Ellis- You make me chuckle. I myself have the same problem of being perfect. It is a hard burden to carry. If I ever get to Ontario I really would like to meet you. We hopefully will get there someday. As DH has an Uncle that lives in Barry. Although I am not sure how far that is from you? Maybe we will get there this summer.

Well I must go and try to accomplish something today but I can feel that it might be a day of doing nothing. Well I am off to make a tea, and have a pee I will return. ( I just decided I am not doing nothing today.)
Old 01-27-2005, 08:29 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ruth we posted at the same time. Congrats on ONDERLAND.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:51 AM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Oh, Mama, I wish I had a video camera....
Remind me not to ever read a post from you before I've had a chance to ....you know.....visit the restroom.........................................I nearly ya know......................
Old 01-27-2005, 09:39 AM   #14  
Ready!!!

I love you chicks,
First what is a vole??? Is it like a mole??? I love those little creatures, we had a mouse once, we caught it in a live cage and let it go, it never came back.

You are all doing so great with the weight loss that I can't wait to start, well I can as I am going to the Legon with SIL this Friday night , DB is playing , so I might have a beer or two.

I have a lot to do again today, bring in wood, (Ruth, I kind of enjoy this, how are you after your fall) see a lawyer, maybe start back on tanning sessions, and grocery shop again.

Well have a SOPD,
Love Tazcat
Humble hearts have
humble desires.
George Herbert
Old 01-27-2005, 09:50 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, Chickies!

I know there will be a gazillion messages before I shoot this one off, so to those chickies!

Mama, what a crazy morning! Thanks for giving me a laugh! SO glad you saved the vole!!! What do they look like? Funny that the vole knew she (he?) was safe with you!

A broad, I'm with you on that frustration...I have been there for months!!! This morning the scale got back down to 221.5... <sigh> Let's both remember Jen's sign: "It's better to maintain than gain"

Bamie, "DH is still here"...what did you have to go do with him? Why is he stressed out? Hope he feels better soon! : I'm a wreck when my DH is stressed...it throws off the whole day! Enjoy tearing out...love your aphorisms: "ain't much bigger than a minute" You are wonderful!

Nally, spelling bees! We had one in my grad class on Tuesday night and I missed both of my words! Hope it's fun and you get some good reading in! Great decision about Jazzercise...you need to make exercise something you'll actually do, and having a buddy helps a lot!

Cottage, so glad the water main is fixed and you are feeling better! Congrats on the 4 pounds and enjoy the sledding!

Ellis, I LOVE those days with nothing on the agenda! My coworker always asks me what I have planned for the weekend and is a bit dissapointed when I say, "nothing!" Hope today passes quickly so you can get to Super Fun Friday! Like what you were saying about being invisible. That's definitely true. I think you are fantastic, of course! Your personality shine across the computer lines! I find that overweight people are surprised when I make eye contact and smile at them. It's really a shame, you know? We know that fat doesn't make the person, but not everyone else does.

Ruth, CONGRATS on being back in ONEderland to stay!!! That is GREAT news!!! (I'm writing in caps like my grandmother-in-law! ) This cracked me up:
Quote:
I guess dogs shouldn't eat the remains of a Caesar Salad.
No, I guess not. I'm glad you're sleeping in and doing exercise and taking care of you!!! You are an amazing woman, Ruth, and you deserve to be treated like it!!!

LC, have a wonderful day doing nothing! My favorite kind of day! Do you find that you and your kiddos get sick more often because of the day-care kids? What a pain that their parents don't take them to the doctor! Oy!

RNMom! You are making me laugh! Have a great day, girl!

Me:
Well, the scale went down, and my world hasn't changed much since I decided that I need to teach, so I'm feeling a bit better emotionally. I'll get into those feelings with my therapist tomorrow...we'll see how that goes.

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought, but I'm having cravings today. I was really hoping that they'd go away for good with Phase 1. I might need more time, but they might also be mental cravings...those are harder to get rid of. I realize that I still have a lot more work to do to change my bad habits. I've always used food to cope, and I'm not sure what I should do in its place! Exercise would be good, but I don't have any machines at home, and a walk in our negative temps is not a good idea. Maybe I should be journaling more? The problem for me is that eating can be done in conjunction with cooking, reading, homework, watching tv...and journaling and other healthy habits, can't. <sigh> I need to figure this out...would love tips from those of you who have developed better coping skills!

A friend is coming over tonight to work on a project for class. We're having stuffed chicken and steamed broccoli with lemon. Hope it turns out well for her sake, but I know I'll love it!

Have a great day, chickies!
Closed Thread