South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:23 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday Chick Chat 01/25

Good morning, Chicks~~

Okay, this chick has to crow! The veggie binge has paid off I'm DOWN 1.5 POUNDS for a new low of 187.5!!!

I know that doesn't seem like much to most of you, but for me, the slightest downward movement of the scale is a major deal. And I'm just hours away from a visit from TOM, to boot! Yay for Mamacita!!

Of course, yesterday was starvation day...doc kept me so busy I didn't get to eat lunch until 3:30 and that was just my spinach...then I got called for a STAT and didn't get a chance to eat dinner. Had some egg drop soup (which I know isn't entirely legal) but it went down easy at 8:30 at night.

Today is that poor chicken breast which is still languishing in the fridge at work. And some celery sticks...and some salad greens.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-25-2005, 06:44 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all;

Mama -- That is GREAT!!!

Not much going on today. I am up 2 pounds. I just don't understand any of this. I get it to budge and it comes back double. It is getting real discouraging. I just don't know what to do. I am going to write down what I eat today and see if your chicks can help me figure it out.

Well, GB's are here time to run and eat breakfast. Cruise by later.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Some replies from yesterday:

RNMOM: I tend to shun fruit. I'll eat strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in season, and apples once in a while, but most of the others are so high in sugar, I just avoid them. As far as veggies, I've become a convert and now I'm eating at least 4 to 5 cups a day. I love fresh spinach and chard and other "greens". Broccoli and green beans are good, too, but salad is just okay. I've discovered that tomatoes and peppers tend to make my joints hurt, so I guess I'll have to limit those.

Sil, wasn't it lovely yesterday??? At least the sun was shining, huh?

Jeffy, welcome to the Beach! Pull up a sand chair and make yourself at home!

Okay, gotta get moving....

Mamacita
Old 01-25-2005, 07:21 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

WooHoo Mama! Congrats! Those veggies will do it everytime! lol

Chipper.... Please do post your meals. I know how ya feel I have been there several times!

Not much happenin around here today. Laundry is on the agenda and dust mop the living room where DS made a fire! BIG mess! lol I'm thankful he can build a fire now so I can't complain to much! lol I'll cruise by later and check on all y'all! Have a great day all!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:22 AM   #5  

Good Morning Chickies!

Mama- WooHoo!! Congrats!

Chipper - I am sure the ladies will have some idea of what to do if you post what you have been eating. Don't get discouraged! You can do this!

Me - Another very busy day in store for me. We are finally getting school back into rhythm. This will be our first 5 day week of school since before Christmas break because of either snow days or holidays. Let me tell you, the kids are acting weird! LOL

We are having chicken for dinner, with veggies and I think I will make a ricotta cream for dessert. Lunch is leftover broccoli cheese soup and breakfast... I think I may make eggs today!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Nally
Old 01-25-2005, 07:48 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Mamacita, congratulations, girl!! I know how good that feels when it finally happens.

Chipper, yes... show us what you're eating. Don't worry... we'll figure you out, hon, and you'll be losing again in no time.

Bamie, you have a fireplace!? You lucky girl... how cozy!

Nally... what a great idea having soup for breakfast!

DD is home today... it's exam week, and the poor girl is stressed. She's seeing a new psychiatrist today (her last one retired recently), and I'm hoping she likes her. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Hope everyone has a wonderful, OP day!!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:49 AM   #7  

Nally, sorry... just reread your post. Eggs for breakfast. Well, the soup is a good idea, anyhow. People are always looking for other options for breakfast.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:55 AM   #8  
Ready!!!

wtg 1.5 is a wonderful weight loss, mama. Just dropping by to say have a great day I think I am going to try to get to town today. I want to return the hand book SBD as it is not what I thought it was.
Well it is still freezing out, I had the snow blower out for 2 hours yesterday and got 2 large loads of wood brought around. I did 20 min on the treadmill list night after this I went to take my shower to find out that I had no hot water, long story short, the vent for my furnace was covered with snow, out came the snowblower again, 25 min later the furnace was working,(son worked it )being a widdow really sucks.
Well all for now,
love tazcat
Old 01-25-2005, 08:02 AM   #9  

Tazcat, you poor love... what a storm you're getting out there! I'm so glad you got the furnace going again... sending you warm hugs...
Old 01-25-2005, 08:07 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I had Red River Cereal for breakfast and it was just like soup! I did it in the crockpot overnight and it looked "normal" until I put it in the bowl and added milk. It sort of disintegrated into gruel! Less water next time, maybe.

Mamacita, great going on the weightloss! Veggies will do it every time. Was it 20 cups of spinach that you ate?

Chipper, it is so discouraging when the scale goes the wrong way. Hang in there and do post your foods - and the Phase as well.

Ellis, we are damned cold this morning because I had to let the woodstove go out overnight so I can haul out the ashes. There are still a few coals in there this morning so I need to dress and go out to the barn for the metal pails.

Bamie,wood fires are great but they sure are messy! I am constantly dealing with ash dust that needs to be mopped up! It sure is a cozy way to heat, however!

Nally, kids act weird anyhow! I bet you knew that. It will be good to get everyone back into a normal routine with no snow days for a while.

Tazcat, I saw pictures of your snowstorm on Halifax TV last night! You certainly are socked in! You are one tough lady and I see you are keeping really busy. What was wrong with the SBD book?

Not much going on today for a change. I still have not made the current batch of dog food and The Girls are threatening to run away - like they could get a better deal than they have around here! Once I get the ashes out of here and the fire relit, I'm going to go for the paper and then settle in for the morning. Nuts! I need to bring in more wood too. The joys of country living!

Have a super day, Chickies, and put on some hand cream if you are in a cold place!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Yes Ellis I have a big 'ol rock fireplace that I love. Although I would love it more if it had gas logs in it! lol That is one of the big things I miss from the other house is my gas logs! :-(

Tazcat... Take care sweetie. I know this muct be so hard right now. Especially with the weather you are having. I told DH if anything ever happened to him I would just have to sell this house because I know there is no way I could keep it up by myself. I hope you have some male neighbors that are willing to help you out with things around the house. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please continue to chat in with us so we know your ok. You could always move to Alabama! teehee
Old 01-25-2005, 08:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Bamie, we have two fireplaces with gas logs, and I just love them. They look just like the "real" thing, and no mess! Ruth, I've been going through the hand cream like mad, it's been so cold here. Today it's a balmy 20* and supposed to get up to 28*, I don't know how you girls further north can stand it! We had more snow last night, and another few inches are due tonight, and a significant snowstorm is coming for the weekend, so I guess I can shut up about not having any snow this winter!
I woke up this morning feeling achy and headachy, hope I'm not coming down with something. I made tea and took some Advil and curled up on the sofa with a blanket for a while. I do feel a little better now, and just made myself a Cinnamon Ricotta Stuffed Crepe. The water authority truck is back today, but I don't see anything happening. It's really a mess out there withthe ice. Some people can hardly get out of their driveways. I don't know what I'll be doing today. For lunch I'm having sauteed chickpeas and tomatoes, and for supper I'm making Hamburger Minestrone Soup. Mamacita, I'll bet you are feeling good today, congratulations!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

G'morning Ladies

Today is going to be a pretty dull day for me, I'm going to do my tae bo shortly. Cleaning the house after that. I don't have any errands to run today which I'm really thankful for. My weight loss has stayed at a 10 lb loss for a week and a half.........but I posted on my bathroom mirror a little sign that says "It's better to maintain than to gain" that keeps me from getting discouraged. Everyone have a great day!

Started South Beach on Jan 02, 2005
Valentines Mini Goal 165
Old 01-25-2005, 09:15 AM   #14  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Yeah Mama!!!!! Whoo Hoo and way to go.

Chipper - Post what you eat that should help. The girls here are great with information. FYI my scale usually only moves two weeks out of every month. Don't know why

Bami - I started my laundry last night! Somehow even when I work all weekend the laundry fairies never come and do my stuff. It's official -cutie pie called last night and apparently I haven't scared him off yet. Or sent him running back to a long lost mate. We have a wood fireplace at home and they have a gas one at the nursing home. It sure is nice to flip a switch and have a fire in a minute

Naly - I hear ya. This may be the first full week for DS's classes too! Routine is good for diets.

Tazcat - Snow, snow everywhere! Glad you finally got everything taken care of. Hang in there.

Ruth - My rottie got so spoiled by central air that he hated to be outside when it was 90 and humid. He would cry by the back door to come in. When he would get off his chain he would just lay by the back door. I don't think your girls are going to run away! Dogs know when they have it good.

Cottage - pump some green tea and vitamin C. I hope you feel better!

Jenn - I love the sign idea! Way to stay motivated!

I know when I post this that more people will have posted so I say a big

I'm just trying to get through this week without losing it! Take care and stay OP!
Old 01-25-2005, 09:22 AM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning Beach Babes~~

Ruth~~I hope you can stay warm once the stove is fired up.

Jenn~Great attitude and what a good idea about the sign!

Mamacita~ Yes, it's again this morning! Congrats on the weight loss

Ellis~I still owe you an email, sorry!! I hope M likes her new psychi

Cottage~~I love the crepe idea and can't wait to try it out.

Tazcat~You are in my thoughts and prayers

Gish~How are you doing today??

Bamie~Could you come to Geaoria and help me clean up this disaster of a place?? Then we can both go to Ellis's and help her with her kitchen !!!

Nally~It sounds like you doing very well with the SBD~keep up the good work.

Chipper~Don't get discouraged. Our weight goes up and down each day due to water retention/loss. hang in there and it will pay off.

All those still to come~~Have a great SB day
Closed Thread