Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 11:12 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#24)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 11:16 AM   #2  

Sherry I was posting right as you were closing the thread. I thought you gals had locked me out. LOL

Thanks for all the great recipes. I can't wait to try it. Will have to look for the cheese spread.

I am curious about the hair on your chin thing too. I have this sometimes too.
Hope everyone has something fun planned this weekend. Talk to you soon
Tina
Old 01-22-2005, 11:27 AM   #3  

Sorry Tina I was starting a new thread. I hope you didn't post a long one and lost it!!

I'm very curious about this hormone thing too! (See what you started Gayle?? ) Can anyone tell me if you have to use hormone replacement at all? Is the chin hairs like Janice said she,Tina & I have is from too much estrogen?

Sorry I didn't finish my post last night. The neighbor stayed here last night until late then I went to bed.

Dee,
It really sounds like you're doing so much better. But as a friend I'm going to tell you how the trip bothers me. I'm so worried that you aren't well enough to go. I know how much you want to go but will you be ok? Can you take this same trip when you're more well? I'm so happy you're posting regular again with us!! I've missed you!! You sound more like the ole Dee everyday girl!!

Debbie,
Ok...I see that you posted in the "Exercise Thread" so that means you're up and running again with a new password. So how come you haven't posted here??? Miss you girl!

OK....Going to try to post again later. My Parents just walked in!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #4  
Carol

Hello All.

I can't believe how much I have missed by not posting or lurking. So much has been going on with everyone. I have tried to catch up on the news, but I was skimming through, so please forgive me if I missed anything.

When we had the ice storm a couple of weeks ago, I ended up going to the hospital. I had a gallbadder attack. I never had one before and so I waited all night until 4:00 a.m. before I told my husbank he needed to take me to the hospital. By that time, I was in such pain I was curled up in a ball. They only gave me pain meds (thank god) and kept me overnight. The ultrasound showed that my gallbadder is full of gallstones!!! It is under control for now but I never want to go through that again. I am going to have it out on February 3.

On top of that almost everyone's electric went out. Thankfully ours did not and my parents were able to come stay with us. They were with us for 4 days before they got their electric back and could go back home.

As if that wasn't enough my computer has been giving me lots of problems. Most of the time I have been unable to log on to the internet at all, so I couldn't come post. Even today I couldn't log into 3fatchicks until I had a new password given to me. It wouldn't accept my old one. We are finally going to ditch our dial up connection and go to cable next week Friday so I will be getting a new email address. I will let you what it is when I get it.

Now to all of my friends:

Sherry: OMG I am so sorry I was not hear to give you my support when you had to take Wayne to the hospital for his heart attack. I am glad to hear he is doing better. He is on the mend now. Tell him to take it easy and not to rush things. My heart also cries with you since Chris has left for basic training. I can only imagine the heartache you must feel, but the pride is strong and that will overcome all. Just keep the faith. I too believe in angels and sometimes I wonder where I would be without mine. Hang in there Sweetie. I love you!!

Gayle: Talk about hormones. Believe me I understand. I have been on them since my hysterectomy in "84". Just last summer when I tried to reduce the amount I was taking, I thought I was losing my mind and had to increase them again. I swear I will never go off them!!! You will find what is right for you. I am sure you are feeling so much better already. WTG on the weight loss!!!

Dee: I am so happy you are able to get out and about more now. Just don't overdo... Healing sometimes takes longer than we want it to, but I am sure you will win this.. You are a fighter and a very brave person. {{hugs}}

Shelley: I am sure you are probably at the weight you are meant to be. With all the running you do a lot of your weight is probably muscle and we all know that muscle weighs more than fat!! Keep up the fantastic job your doing.

Tina: I am not sure about the hair on the chin thing, but every so often I have one long one that I have to pull out.

Janice: You are doing great on the weight lose. We all have good days and bad days. The trick is to have more good days than bad ones. You are doing wonderful. Keep it up.

Debbie: How are things going for you? If I missed any of your posts, I am sorry and I will be going back to check. I miss you!

I know I am missing some of my friends and I don't mean to. I will try to come back later, computer willing... and post again. I still have to play catch up.

Hugs to you all.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:23 PM   #5  

Seems we all have computer problems these days! Now that I am trying to get time in on Mike's, I have to try and remember all my passwords. I couldn't for the life of me figure out the 3FC one, but I finally found what I was doing wrong. I try to keep the same 2 or 3 passwords for everything. This old mind just can't remember them all, much less even find the paper that I might have scribbled them on.

Carol-I am sending prayers your way that your surgery goes well. So many people have gall bladder problems, it makes me wonder why we even have it, if you can live without one. Silly me, though. I have no idea what the gall bladder actually does for the body. Gayle, you probably know. Tell me what it does and why we need it.

I don't have any chin hairs yet, thank goodness! I would be plucking and waxing those babies to no end if I did!

Our electricity was out this morning around 3:30-6:00. Not sure why, but I reported it and they finally turned it on. I am really worried about all of you that are having to weather these snowstorms that I am hearing so much about. Please try and stay warm and enjoy your time inside with your families.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:35 PM   #6  
Losing it!

Carol, so happy your back! I was hoping you had other stuff on your plate and wasn't just bored with us. Good luck with the surgery...will you need to stay in the hospital long??

Okay...for those of you with chin hairs, I looked it up. It can be caused by an excess of androgens (male hormones) it can also come from too much sugar and simple carbohydrates in the diet. Also, women with an excess of androgens can be prone to PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)

Shelley, I found this for you. Gallbladder info:

Our bodies do some pretty amazing things, and it's all inter-related. So the story starts with worn-out red blood cells. The spleen filters these out and breaks them down and turns them into bile salts and other things. So we have bile salts floating around in our bodies. The liver filters these bile salts out of our system, collects them and sends them to the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small organ that lives under the liver. It is a hollow organ designed to hold liquid. A bladder. Bile used to be called gall. And that's why it's called a gall bladder.

The liver sends the bile salts to the gallbladder where they are stored. The liver also sends waste products down too. More on that later. The gallbladder collects the liquid, extracts water, and concentrates it. The end result is bile, a green, strongly alkaline, bitter, corrosive liquid.

When fat globules arrive in the upper reaches of the small intestine, the duodenum, it triggers a hormone. The hormone tells the gallbladder that bile is needed, so the gallbladder does a muscular contraction and dumps a large quantity of bile into the duodenum to deal with the fat. The enzymes that digest fat can only work on the surface of the fat globules. To effectively digest the fat, the surface area needs to be as large as possible so the enzymes can get at the fat. The bile acts as a detergent on the fat and causes the large fat globules to break down into microscopic droplets thereby creating a much greater surface for the enzymes to work on to digest the fat.

Gallstones
The liver sends more than just bile salts down to the gallbladder. It sends waste products too. Two of the waste products are calcium and cholesterol. Presumably when there is an excess of calcium in the system, the liver extracts it and dumps it. The cholesterol appears when the liver produces more cholesterol than the digestive juices can liquefy, and it dumps the excess into the gallbladder. The gallbladder is the trashcan of the liver. Normally, these waste products concentrate down with the bile and are flushed into the duodenum when the gallbladder does its bile dump, and then they are passed on down the tract and excreted. Sometimes they don't.

Sometimes these two waste products will crystalise and form gallstones. 20% of gallstones are made of calcium, and 80% are made of cholesterol. Gallstones can be as small as a grain of sand or as large as a hen's egg. Occasionally, some can be larger.

So who gets them? You run the risk after you turn 20. The older you get, the better chance you have of having gallstones. Are you turning 40? Oops. Stronger chance of gallstones. Young women have a much greater chance of getting them than young men. Once you hit 50, men and women have an even chance of getting them. Race also plays a part in determining who gets gallstones. Native Americans have the highest chance of getting gallstones and Mexican-Americans have the second highest chance.

When you get gallstones, you might get just one. A large one. Or you might get 10 of various sizes. You might even have hundreds of small ones. You might even have thousands of small ones. Normally, these will pass out of the gallbladder and get into the duodenum and then pass out of the body. The problems occur when the gallstones do not pass out of the body, when they get stuck.

When the gallstones get stuck, they can cause a range of problems.

Cholesterol crystals can form on the lining of the gallbladder. You need surgery.
The gallstones can get stuck in the bile duct that leads into the duodenum. If you don't get an infection, this often fixes itself when the gallstones pass on. If you get an infection, probably surgery is required.
The gallstones can get stuck in the cystic duct, which is a tube that connects the gallbladder to the common bile duct. This will enlarge and inflame the gallbladder. There are two levels of seriousness - acute (occurring with middle-aged people) and chronic (occurring with elderly people). Surgery is required.
The gallstones can block the entrance to the large intestine.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:45 PM   #7  

Carol,
Hello!!! I was so happy to hear from you!!! I wondered what happened and I kept asking where you were girl!! I have missed you! Take care of yourself! I had my gallbladder out in Oct. '95 and then my hysterectomy in Nov.'95! Yep...just 1 month apart! I had mine done laser and they removed it through my belly button. Is this how you'll have yours done? I stayed 2 nights and that's all! I too had stones and it hurts soooooo bad so I know what you're going through! Take care and worry about loosing weight after the surgery. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Shelley...It's been cold and snowing here all day! Not sticking though. If it doesn't warm up soon I'm heading to your house!!!

Wayne doesn't feel good today.I'm keeping a close eye out on him.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 01-23-2005, 05:07 AM   #8  

Wow, Gayle-Thanks for the info. Very interesting.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:17 AM   #9  

hello,
thank you all for the prayers!
i think im with it again.
i did manage to lose anouther 1.8 pounds bringing me down to 239.2.
its been 3 yrs since ive been that low!
and im on prednesone!
im behind in posts.
congrats to all that have lost,sorry for everones puter problems!
i weigh in on wed.
the weekends are harder for me,so wed. a good round day.

sherry,glad the party went well!
sorry bout chris leaving i can only imagine!

im sorry i didnt pm you,with all you have been going thru you and debbie i was kinda scared to.

my 25 yr old neice died of a massive heart attack,im sorry!
my brother passed in 84 at the age of 29 from a massive one this is his youngest daughter,she was 4 when we lost him.
the heart is showing rapid aging.i had mine at 24 i was lucky.
the family has decided to test all offspring on my dads side,this includes my baby girl catagan whose 12. she goes for intensive testing tues. and we are frightened!
the autopsy is showing her 25 yr old heart was that of a 80 yr old!
same as my brother.
we feel if the hospital had not been judgemental it could have saved her life!
she was only 25 so it couldnt be that serious probably gas!
SO THEY LET HER SIT!
she was with her fiance and 2 little girls in the er room,her youngest 2 noticed there was something wrong with mommies eyes.
she had started hemmoraging,and by the time they got her back there she was gone.
im sorry that i felt i couldnt be honest with you at that moment but i didnt want to say after all thats happened to you and debbie.
this seems to be family related and wayne and james are going to be fine,you know this!
thank you gayle for posting the post for me and being there when i thought i was going outta my mind.
this has been hard for me.
but im determined to get healthy and be there for my baby,well she isnt a baby but she is to me.
please keep her in prayer that she doesnt have whatever this is,shes always been healthy and aside from normal kid shots thats all shes ever had to endure.
im sorry again just didnt want to trouble you guys since theres so much going on.
im back now.
thank you everone!
love you all!
doni
Old 01-23-2005, 11:00 AM   #10  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning Girls!!

Hope everyone is having a restful weekend. We had a dusting of snow last night. I was hoping for enough for them to call off school tomorrow...LOL. James is doing so much better. Thanks again for all your prayers for him.

Doni...I am so sorry for you lost. My thoughts and prayers go out for your niece's two children and your whole family. Praying also that everything turns out OK for Catagan. Hugs!!

Sherry...I hope you and getting some rest this weekend with things slowing down some for you. Your parents party was wonderful and I know everyone had a great time. I will pray for Chris everyday. I'm sure you will have good and bad days of missing him. Hope Wayne is feeling better this morning!! Give him a hug for me!!

Carol....I'm sure you had a scare being in that much pain. Hoping that everything goes well with your surgery on Feb 3rd.

Gayle....Sherry was reading me the email you send her about Menopause. Lots of them applied to me too. Have you ever heard of Estrin D, it's for Menopausal Weight Loss Help?

Shelley...Were you shocked to see me on the Walking/ Excerise thread? I'm going to try and go to the Y atleast 2 or 3 times a week. I've been encouraging Sherry too.

Dee....I also worry about you taking a trip this soon. But the main thing..I'm jealous of you getting a tan in the dead of winter...LOL. Take Care!!

Cheryl, Tina, Janice, Ramona and all my other Floozie friend...Hope you all are well and happy. I'll try to post to everyone else later.

Got to run. Love ya Debbie
Old 01-23-2005, 01:56 PM   #11  

Doni-I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers to you and your family. Congratulations on your weight loss! It's great that you are able to still lose while on the pred.

Dee-I also worry about you taking that trip, but I think I know you well enough that for you, this is just what you need to recuperate your body and mind. I know how you enjoy relaxing on the beach, especially in PV. I'm sure you will be careful and enjoy your rest.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:11 PM   #12  

Doni,
You are & your family is in my thoughts and prayers. WTG on the weight loss!! You go girl!!!

I made the chocolate brownies bran cereal muffins and I love 'em!!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:38 AM   #13  

All of you on WW--I have to tell you, I am loving the Core plan. Since I earn so many AP's, I am able to also eat my kashi or kudos bar and fudgsicles. I still am tracking points, but I just might stop once I get down to my goal (if I ever get down to goal!)
Old 01-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #14  
Janice

Good Morning Everyone
I have been working for the past three days so haven't had much of a chance to post. I have been reading the posts from work though. I work 13 hour days on everyother weekend, so I don't do much but work and sleep.
Carol- Good luck on February 3rd - you are in my prayers
Doni- I am so sorry to hear of your loss, that is so sad.
Sherry- Wayne will have good days and bad days, hope he is feeling better now.
Debbie - Glad you are back posting and good for you on the exercise - way to go. I am going to have to get doing something physical. It is much too cold here to walk outside so I guess its the treadmill for me.
To everyone else on the skinnies - good luck this week with the weight and hope you all have a great week. I love this thread, it is like getting a whole bunch of new friends that really understand how you feel and the struggles we each face and the triumphs we experience. I thank God that I found you. One the biggest problems that I face trying to stick to program is my friends all want me to go out for lunch. When I make lighter choices, my best friend always says "I don't know why you're on a diet you don't need it" well yes I do. When I don't weight so much I feel better, my back doesn't ache and I have more energy. People don't understand, they think its all about how you look, for me its how I feel. I want to be healthy.
I looked into having the chin hairs removed with laser - but you have to let them totally grow out first - THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Our water thawed and then froze back up. Its only the kitchen cold water tap, but its a pain.
Has anyone tried the Diet Soda Pop Cake?
Cake mix -add can of diet soda - 3 egg whites MIX AND BAKE
Top with FF cool whip - can add drained fruit and FF pudding dry mix to icing.
It sounds good I am going to try it. They say it is anywhere from 2 - 4 points per slice. 12 servings per cake. Depends on the calories in the cake mix you buy.
Chocolate cake - diet coke, diet Dr. pepper, diet rootbeer
White or yellow - diet sprite
I 'll let you know how this recipe goes.
Hugs to you All! One last thing I cut back on my points and lost that pound I had gained, and I've lost another one since.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #15  

Janice, I have tried that recipe before and it is wonderful! I did the white/yellow w/ diet Sprite.

Cheryl
Closed Thread