Old 01-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Thin for Life/Eating Thin for Life

I know that the Maintenance group is doing a book club type thing with "Thin for Life" but I recently bought "Thin for Life" as well as "Eating Thin for Life". I started reading "Eating Thin for Life" first and I am amazed to find things in there that I have recently discovered myself. Like using meat as a condiment and filling up on veggies and fruits. Although I eat very few fruits at the moment, I have started adding some in, mostly blueberries. The other thing was wanting to lose weight/maintain a healthy weight more than wanting to eat the wrong foods. Recently, I discovered that I have lost the taste for my former favorite foods because I can only see them as helping me maintain an unhealthy weight or gaining more weight.

Anyway, really, I was thinking that I wish I had read this book a few years ago and it would've saved me some trouble rather than learning these things on my own. If you haven't looked at these books, I would highly at least taking a peek.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 10:36 PM   #2  
PamPSM644

I still love burgers and fries ,pizza and burittos,bad as I know them to be. I think Because of how long I've been missusing food I'll likely be fighting this battle for the rest of my life,even if I finally get thin.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You mean "when," Pam, "when you get thin."
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:19 AM   #4  

Sheila's right, Pam......"when you get thin...".

I have pretty much lost the taste for unhealthy food - partly because I visualise all the nasty things it is doing to my body, and partly because if I over-indulge, I usually feel uncomfortable/queasy afterwards, which helps! Still get cravings, of course, but I have a pretty good set of 'substitutes', and generally if I distract myself enough, they tend to go away....
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:39 AM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I also recommend Cooking Thin which is a cookbook from a chef on FoodTV. Her first few chapters are inspirational. She shares tips on how she motivates herself and how she deals with cravings. Also, the cookbook portion is fantastic.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:32 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I have Cooking Thin and I love it! I finished reading the intro sections in "Eating Thin for Life" and I started looking at some of the recipes. Some of them I'll need to modify because they have recipes that call for regular pasta, white rice and sugar, which I am trying to be careful of but there is always whole wheat pasta, brown rice and sugar substitutes. I started reading the "Thin for Life" and I am enjoying that as well.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote