Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 04:58 PM   #1  

Default Fab 40's and Fit 50's! #168

Hi ALL!

Ruth,
I am so sorry about your dad. You keep going after them. Hospitals make me so mad.

Sandy,
Let us know if you made it on Monday. Have fun!
Congrats on the weight loss. Good job!

Dianne,
I love those snacks. I found those last summer. MMM!

I hope there isn't alot of snow for y'all.

I am so glad the weekend is here. Britts and I are going to see Spanglish tomorrow. Anybody seen it? The boys are going to watch Hockey.
I went to Applebees and had WW. I had the chicken sandwich. They have a spicy sauce because w/o it it is a little bland.

TTYL,
Terri

Last edited by points; 01-21-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:40 PM   #2  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

My computer is so fast now. I love it.

We are getting 16 to 18" of snow starting midday tomorrow! I rented lots of movies.

Dianne, we keep those snacks at work. My favorites are the oreos.

Terri, I wanted to see Spanglish but Pete didn't want to. Let me know if it's good. I'll go with my sister.

My weight stayed the same.

I'm pooped.

Till tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es
Old 01-21-2005, 09:49 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I want to see Spanglish, but we always wait till we can rent them. Have a lot of movies to catch up on!

The snow began falling about 1 1/2 hours ago...we've got almost an inch. There are predictions of lots of snow! I'm just glad that it's a weekend, everyone can play and have fun, and get the cleanup done before work on Monday!

Went shopping and have hunkered down for the duration. Joe and I needed this weekend together. I've been dreaming about both my brother, Michael, and my niece, JoAnn, for the entire week. In my dreams they're both young children...what does that mean?

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I'll weigh next week

~Jen
Old 01-21-2005, 10:57 PM   #4  

Hi all,

We are supposed to get anywhere from 2 - 12 inches over the weekend. It just depends on how it hits us. We are so protected by the bay, that we do not get hit with a lot of severe weather like the rest of the country.

Es,
Keep up the spirits. Even though you didn't lose weight, you didn't gain any weight either. Sometimes just maintaining is tough enough, depending on any given factor in your life. As long as you don't gain, I look on that as a plus !!!

Jen,

I can't help you decipher your dreams, but maybe you long for when life was simpler as a kid.

Terri,

Please let us know about Spanglish. I would love to see it, but I mostly only get to the movies to see the kid stuff. By the way, Racing Stripes is really cute. Kinda reminded me of an old Disney movie. If you like watching talking animals, that is.
What kind of hockey are the boys watching??

Dianne,

I've had those snacks. They're really good, but I can't afford them all the time. I have two teenage boys. They like to eat.

Enjoy your weekend and snow ladies,
Make lots of these :sman:

Old 01-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #5  

Susan,
I want to see that movie too. Spanglish looks heartwarming. I loved his other movie 50 First Dates. I cried. He is really becoming a pretty good actor not just a crazy guy. The kids are going to the Huntsville Havoc. - Southern Professional Hockey League. It is Cap Night.

Jen,
Stay warm and enjoy. The snow is just going to miss us. Enjoy Joe.
I agree about the dream. You want the simpler life when they were here. Too much loss for you.

Es,
You too. Enjoy the movies.

STAY WARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terri
Old 01-22-2005, 11:13 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

So far we've received 9 inches of snow :sman: It really is beautiful, and still coming down. Joe is out playing with his new toy and I'm so relieved he won't be shovelling.

Terri and Susan, you're right, am most likely focusing on the youth of those people I've lost, from a happier time in life. I'm having a more difficult time dealing with Michael's death than I had anticipated, in spite of the fact that I've been through this many times before. If I continue to feel this way I'll go to my doctor soon.

Es,
Enjoy your snow also! I didn't have the foresight to rent any movies
I think I'm in for an afternoon of Star Wars if Joe gets his way. That's ok, I'll sit and cross stitch while it's on.

Hope everyone has a good weekend
~Jen
Old 01-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #7  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

It's snowing. We went out this morning. It looks so pretty.

Susan, did you receive that yet? You're right about maintaining. I always make the WW fat free cheese cake & when my son comes by he eats most of it! I can relate.

I've been going thru alot of stress lately. A friend of mine is getting layed off. They are laying off 9 people. Thank God I'm not one of them.

Jen, my dreams are usually very weird. Sorry you're having a hard time with Michael's death.{{{{hugs}}}} My brother died in 1989 & I miss him so much.

I'm going to get into some movies.

Hugs,
Es
Old 01-22-2005, 09:22 PM   #8  

Hi,
Hope everyone is safe and sound. A good weekend for staying in and chillin'.

Es,
Yes, I recieved it!!!!!
Sent you email. When something bad happens to close friends its as if it is happening to you also.

Jen,

No matter how much you anticipate or go through it, it still gets you. I anticipated my mom. Long slow and took several years. Emphysema. I anticpated my grandmom for a month (diagnosed with cancer in Oct., gone Nov. 1). It still is hard. Now I just have to face the facts that my sister (2 1/2 years younger) may really not have much longer. She was diagnosed with MS about the same time as my mom. She is completely bed ridden, wheel chair bound, adult daycare. She can not feed herself. It's all hard. Each of us must find our own way to deal with these things. Unfortunately, it is this which helped me to put on all the weight. Although we tell ourselves this is what we will do when stress hits; actually putting the plan into action is a bit tougher. I better stop. I could go on.

To all the ladies on this thread,

Have a fantastic weekend!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 12:29 AM   #9  

Susan,
I am so sorry about your sister. That has to be so rough. She will be in my prayers.

Jen,
I am glad Joe isn't shoveling either. That is hard work. Enjoy the snow while it is so pretty. Take pictures. Stay warm!!!!!!

Es,
I saw Spanglish. It was OK. I wasn't impressed. Kind of dragged. Had some funny moments.
I am so glad you weren't one of the nine.

We have wind advisories and freezing temps but the snow will miss us.
STAY WARM EVERYONE!!!!!!

Terri
Old 01-23-2005, 06:13 AM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Susan,
So sorry to hear of your sister's condition. My Mother also died of emphysema, after a long illness. We've had three deaths in the last year, my niece, 37, my future (?) daughter-in-law's 19 year old daughter, and then last month, my brother, 47....all of which have been difficult. I am looking forward to a better 2005 in many ways.

Terri,
Enjoy the game today

The snow has moved on, to the East, have fun Es and Dianne Now it's very cold, but beautiful.

~Jen
Old 01-23-2005, 08:27 AM   #11  

Hi everyone,

We came back from the youth conference last night. The minister at the church did not want to have 87 youth and 12 advisors snowed in when morning came. The predicitions were for a blizzard in New England. I woke up this morning to see over 20 inches of snow on the ground. We are expecting it to continue heavily most of the day today with totals of up to 3 feet. I have the weather on now, and they say it is falling at the rate of 2-4 inches per hour, with wind gusts of 60mph.

Es and Dianne, I hope all of you and yours are warm and safe at home.

Susan, I will keep your sister in my prayers. My heart goes out to both of you. My best friend here in town is taking of her dad right now who has cancer and her younger sister who has MS.

Jen, I am thinking of you and your family too. It is so hard to have so many losses at once. Share how you are doing with us, I wish I could give you a real live hug instead of a cyber hug.
By the way what are you cross stitching? I love to do cross stitch too.

We will probably stay in and play with the computers, watch movies, and eat today

Talk to you all later,
Sandy
Old 01-23-2005, 09:05 AM   #12  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

We have 2 ft of snow! :sball2: We will have blizzard like conditons till this afternoon. David had to go in to work yesterday & had to stay there. He's stuck there with 7 other guys. One good thing, his boss left them plenty of food.

Sandy, you're snowed in too. I'm doing the same as you. Have to be careful with the eating.

Jen, you'll have a better year. Your losses were too many.

Terri, I'll wait for the movie to come out on video. Robert Dinero's(sp?) Hide & Seek comes out next week. I'm going to see it. Looks spooky. I like sppoky movies.

Susan, so sad about your sister. {{hug}} I'm so glad you received the book. Are you going to try the Flex or Core? I have a new email address. Check your private message.

Dianne, how are you doing out in SI?

Stay warm my friends.

Love,
Es
Old 01-23-2005, 10:08 AM   #13  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning my buddies:

Well, looks like a few of us are experiencing this wonderful weather! Staten Island has (so far) 18" of snow and its still falling. Its soooooo beautiful, but its gonna get so yuk! We went outside for a bit last night with Lizette and the boys but I gave up really quickly - too cold for me. Willie shoveled last night, but today everything is under snow. Alana was supposed to leave this morning, but that's not happening. Don't know if her school will close tomorrow or not, but it can't be helped. I hope my school closes tomorrow I could use an extra day.

Luckily, I decided to go to ww yesterday instead of today, well actually most people did so it was jammed! I lost 1 lb. for a total of 5.6 lbs in 3 weeks and got my red ribbon So, I was a happy camper.

Susan, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. That has to be so tough. Does she live near to you? Do you get to see her alot? On the snacks issue and the teenage sons - do what my daughter-in-law does - she tells her kids, "these are your snacks" and "these are mommy's snacks, don't touch", or just hide them

Jen - You've had a really tough year, my friend. As far as your dreams, I agree you're wishing for those happier times when they were here. I lost my Nana at 19 and I was raised by her so she was more like my Mother. It was the hardest thing I had ever gone through in my life. I remember constantly dreaming that she came back and in the dream we (my family) all knew that she had died and everyone was overjoyed that she just came back. It was my desire to have her back that had me dreaming like that. I hope 2005 is a much better year for you.

You too Terri! Hope the kids have a great time.

Es, amiga, snowed in too, I'm sure. How much on the Island? Hope David is getting overtime for getting stuck at work So glad you're safe at your job.

We will just stay in and watch movies like we did last night. Alana and I also played cards. I like looking out the big bay window at the snow, but I don't really feel the urge to actually go outside in it

I finally got to go to Appleby's to try the ww meals. I had the shrimp, rice pilaf and veggies and for dessert, the chocolate cake for 9 pts. It was great. I was surprised that the meal came with 2 skewers of shrimp instead of 1 so that was 10 shrimps - YUMMY!

Hi Ruthie, how's your dad doing?

Hi Sandy, I know Mass. got lots of snow! Congrats on the 16.6 lbs. lost you go girl! I too am losing 1 lb. a week and I know some time soon it will be ounces, but as long as its going in the down direction, I'll take it! Slow and steady~

Hi to Linda, ZoeGirl, Janie, Kim & Tina

Everyone stay warm and safe!

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...s01/lb/0/25/5/

Last edited by dpadro; 01-23-2005 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:37 AM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Just popping in to say WHOO HOOO on your loss and ribbon, Diane! good going!

Thanks for all the kind words, I know this is something that will get better with time.

Hope you're all safe and warm, Dianne, Es, and Sandy, enjoy that snow :sman:

~Jen
Old 01-24-2005, 04:58 AM   #15  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Goodmorning,

Happy Monday. I like Mondays. You know...fresh start.

Dianne, WTG(high five) with your loss. We are buried in snow. :snf: It looks like more than 2 ft. I hope you get the day off. As far as I know we're open.

Jen, I dream with my parents all the time. They're always happy. Sometimes I wake up disappointed cause reality hits that they're gone.

Till later

Luv u's
Es
Closed Thread