Old 01-19-2005, 11:30 PM   #1  
Live for the Moment!

Talking Strugglers Lalapalooza Starts NOW!

Alright, so here's how it is... There are tons of us out there who have been struggling these past few months (including me) and I figured its time to change that!!

Sooooo, I've decided to start another challenge... Mine & Howie's Lalapalooza seemed to work very well so I thought I would start a Lalapalooza #2!

I just "got real" with myself.. For the past few months, I've been a lazy bum sitting on my couch eating when I want and what I want. BUT, today I took that first step and got back on plan. I also faced the inevidable scale.. I was soooo scared as I hadn't stepped on since September when I was still on plan. The damage is.... 8 pounds. I feel pretty lucky that that's all I've gained considering I've been totally off plan for over 3 months BUT the scale is still going in the wrong direction.

To help keep myself motivated and to jumpstart all you fine ladies (and gents) out there... I am challenging each of you to get re-focused.. forget about the last couple months and let's look ahead! I challenge each of you to get On-Plan and make some goals for the next 3 weeks! Remember, as I've said before, it only takes 3 weeks to form a new habit... So, lets see if we can stay OP for 3 weeks... I'm hoping the outcome is that after 3 weeks, we're all right back where we want to be with our plans!

So, starting tomorrow Thursday, January 20th - LET'S DO IT PEOPLE!

Alright, now who's in?!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:54 PM   #2  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Celina,

As you saw in my last post, I'm in. No more screwing around. I'm in 100% and I'm not looking back or beating myself up over the 23 lbs I gained during the holidays. I'm re-weighing myself tomorrow for a new start to the week (even on a Thursday, lol) and I'm up for your challenge.

Thanks!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:56 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Go Celina Go!!

I was too afraid of the scale because I had stopped exercising regularly and my eating plan went out the door shortly before Thanksgiving. My damage ended up being 12 lbs but in the past 10 days or so, I lost 8 of those 12 lbs. I was kind of angry with myself because if I had just stayed with it, then the weight I'm losing now would be new weight loss instead of old. I can't live in the past though, I just have to trudge forward.

Anyway, kick butt lalapaloozers!!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 01:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Celina - of course I'm in! I need to figure out whats going to be OP for me, and I am going to start my training for that 10km run I plan to do in April. I'm NOT going to weigh myself until stupid TOM is gone, and I need to learn to be able to keep OP while on a mini vacation (I'm going to Seattle). 3 weeks feels doable!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:50 AM   #5  

Celina

Thanks a million for starting this up........I'm in!!!!

I have a slightly different story to you guys....having lost over 40lbs, I decided last October that I was going to take a break, and aim to maintain for a few months - until January. Well, last week, I plucked up my courage to get on the scale.....to see I was only 3lbs up......which made me feel great......I actually thought I had put on quite a lot more.....

SO here I am, back in the action of losing rather than maintaining! I had a great first week - lost 4 lbs......I am finding the healthy eating part very easy, and am even sticking to my resolution to cook. I am a bit stuck with the exercise - am down with a really bad cold, and don't want to swim/go to the gym until it is gone completely. Luckily, I have to walk 30 mins every day anyway, to travel to work, so at least I am moving a bit. Oddly, I really want to get to the gym/pool - my body is starting to crave exercise....

So lets go for it, gals....and guys!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:03 AM   #6  
beautiful

i'm in. but i'm with aimee... i'll weigh when tom goes away.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:34 AM   #7  

Hello there,
I am in!
I am fed up with excues and things why I cant do that right now. Everybody has a stressful job and personal frustration, but they are not fat as I am!
I will start from day after tomorow, Saturday. I wont go for work for week so I think it wolud be good for my jumpstart!

I will clean my flat (I already did 1/2) and face my empty wardrobe closet. And decide what and how to do it!

Lets go girls
point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:35 AM   #8  

Who is Tom?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

hee hee TOM = Time of the Month
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #10  

He he, tx

I am from Europe, forgive me
Old 01-20-2005, 09:58 AM   #11  
Abby's Mommy

Celina, Im in too! I need a jumpstart!
Starting today, I will get off my butt, and go to the gym.
I will drink my water.
I will take my vitamins.
I will eat within my points today, even though I've already "spent" alot on a not too healthy breakfast.
I will try to beat these "winter blues" I have.
I will report back later to list my progress
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:18 AM   #12  
Live for the Moment!

YAY!! Glad to see that so many of you joined on!

Claire - So happy to see you back! I feel like I havent' seen you in forever!

Alright so here's to day #1 I'll check in later to report how mine went!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Count me in as well. I plan on dusting off my Dr. Phil booking and going back over his keys. I'm not necessarily going to do his eating plan just yet, but I've got to stop my mindless eating.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:47 PM   #14  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I'm in too! I was kind of feeling like I needed a shakeup on Monday as my scale was saying bad things to me. I've been bouncing around the same 3-4 lbs up and then down and I'm getting po'd that I'm not seeing better results. PO'd at myself of course because I've been eating like crap. So here I am going to the gym and eating like crap and I'll bet I could have lost about 20 lbs since I joined the gym back in September. Anyway that is in the past now I need to really focus on my eating. One of my real downfalls is around lunchtime I just graze instead of eating a real meal and then I end up eating too much. So I bought myself a bunch of those protein bars and that is going to be my lunch along with a piece of fruit and some raw veggies. For an afternoon snack I'm going to air pop a bunch of popcorn (no butter) and snack on that if I get hungry.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:11 PM   #15  

OK guys, how is day 1 going? ****waves*** at Celina - yeah, its been a long time.....but I'm back now!

I've had a good food day - porridge with pear and banana for breakfast; pasta salad, no dressing for lunch; and pasta with home-made mushroom and tomato sauce for supper.....with lots of fruit in between times. Can't exercise with terrible cold/cough, but I have walked for 30 mins today.

SO. As long as I don't succumb to the evening munchies - and I have plenty of fruit and low fat yoghurt lined up to beat those cravings - I'm happy with day 1.

What about everyone else?
artist is offline   Reply With Quote