Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 10:30 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#23)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:34 AM   #2  
Losing it!

Sherry, I used the original (sticks) all bran and they turned out fine. Just place the cereal in a bowl and pour the water on top. Let this sit for awhile to absorb the moisture. I couldn't believe it when I was ready to mix up, it looked completely dry, but once you start mixing with an electric mixer, it will all blend together and look like brownie batter.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:29 AM   #3  

Sherry-Your welcome friends sign is beautiful!! I am 5'3"--although I think I may have gotten a bit shorter since I have hit my 50's.

I am very frustrated because my weight was up today again. During the week, I am down like 3 lbs., then on my weighin day, which is Monday, I am back up. I'm thinking of changing my weighin day to a day during the week when I haven't been home all day. Even though I do my long runs on Sat and Sun, it doesn't seem to help bring my weight back to normal on Mon mornings. What do you all think? I did have Chinese last night--chicken and broccoli. It didn't taste salty. Get this--Friday morning I was 128, Sat. 129, Sun 130, Monday 130. What's up with that??? I know I shouldn't be depending on the scale weight because my clothes are fitting looser. What time of the day do you all weigh, and what day of the week??
Old 01-17-2005, 09:15 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Shelley, I bet anything it is the seasoning in the chinese food, you probably retained fluid. Try drinking more water today, stay OP and weigh in again tomorrow.
I weigh in the mornings before I eat or drink anything, usually on Mondays, but I'm thinking of changing it to midweek too. They say that as a woman, due to hormones, our body weight can flucuate by several pounds just within a 24 hour period. Are we blessed or what! LOL!
Also, maybe your body is telling you that it has reached a comfortable target weight? I know when I lost weight before, after I reached a certain point, I could never lose beyond that and if I did by chance, the scale would be back up again within a matter of days.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:16 AM   #5  

That's a thought, Gayle. But I don't want to weigh 130! But you may be right. I have been running at least 30 miles per week (my new target for this year--I'm trying to run 1500 miles this year.) I haven't been using all my WPA's either. I know that the number on the scale is not supposed to matter, but with all these ticker thingies, I really want to show a loss!
Old 01-17-2005, 06:04 PM   #6  

Hi!!!
Shelly I bet gayle is right about the Chinese food making you retain a pound or two. You may be at your bodies ideal weight. When I weighed 136 I maintained very well. Was easy for me to go up a pound or two but just couldnt seem to go down any. Shelley you are so great at your running and exercising. I like to weigh first thing Friday morning because I know if there is a time I am gonna eat bad it is the weekend. I can't make myself get on the scale on Monday. LOL

Sherry I am so glad your hubby is doing better. I know you had to be worried to death about him. Let me know if you need anything. I would be happy to help.

You all have posted some great recipes. I am gonna try the muffins and I want to try the soup that was posted awhile back. They both sound yummy and like something my whole family would eat.
Keep up the good work!!

I hope everyone that had the day off enjoyed it!
Tina
Old 01-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #7  

Sherry, I just want you to know that I will be holding you close in my heart for the next few days. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you it will be easy to send Chris away. You and I both know that isn't true. But, as hard as it will be, try to smile and let him know how very proud you are of your hero. There will be plenty of time for tears once he is on that plane. And there will be tears. Ben has been in the service for five years, and every time he goes back from leave, I have a good cry. Every time Dan calls from Iraq, I have my cry. That's just a mom thing. It doesn't make us weak or small. On the contrary, it shows the depth of our love for our children...and what greater gift could we give than a love that is unselfish enough to let go, even if just for a while, and even though it hurts our hearts. You WILL get through this and you will be a stronger person for it. And as I have told you before, when you see him at that graduation ceremony you will think your heart will burst...not from sadness, but with pride. Just know that I am here for you 24/7, whenever you need me. Please give Chris a hug for me and let him know that he has someone in Arkansas who thinks he is a very special young man. Love you.........
Old 01-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #8  

Ramona that is so very touching what you said to Sherry. I know that your support for her will mean the world. Thanks for sharing your deep feelings.

Shelley I am sure that your weight gain is from salt. Remember to drink lots of water and that will flush it out. You are doing so wonderful on the exercise board, that is something to be proud of. Your weight will always fluctuate abit. Like Gayle said maybe your body is at a comfortable weight. How you look and feel is more important than what the scale says. I will be posting with you today on the other thread. I have been working out but not posting.

Gayle you are always here with all the right things to say. How are you doing? I know that winter is tough. Are you feeling depressed? That is great to see the scale moving down. Keep going down. I lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks. Thanks for posting the recipes for me. I made the potato soup recipe for supper today. It smells good. I was watching an artist paint today on tv. She was using arcrilics. I think that is the easiest medium to work with. I think that I will take a course after I get back from my trip.

Sherry spend as much time with Chris as you can right now. Ramona had some wonderful advise for you. I can hardly imagine sending off one of your children. I know that since christmas Dez and I have become so close again. She really grew up after she moved. She has been so supportive and helpful when she is home. She was here for a day on the weekend. When she was leaving I started to cry because I didn't want her to go. She had alot of homework to do and it is better to study at the dorms. She was all dressed and the car was warming up, when I started to cry. I told her to just go she had things she needed to do. She ended up crying to and staying the evening and left sunday morning. It is hard to let your children go when you know it will be awhile before you see them again.
How is Wayne doing this week? How are your's and Wayne's spirits. Remember you are in my prayers.

Doni I am thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I am glad that you can share with us. We are here for you. Love you.

Tina did you make they soup? The recipe for the muffins is one I want to try to. Let me know when you have tried either one.

I still do not have a pc. Hopefully our new Dell will be here by the weekend. Jay is not fond of me using his other wise I would be posting more often. It is freezing here and I am house bound unless someone takes me out. I am feeling a little stir crazy. Thank goodness that Larry and I are back at the Y. I am walking with the walker or a cane sometimes but I am still moving. I have lost 7 pounds since my surgery. I haven't been this weight for about two years. I still would like to lose 10 pounds. I am still planning on going to PV by myself the first week. Larry will meet me for the falling 3 weeks. I leave Feb 12th. Larry has set up wheelchair assistance for me. It will just make things easier. My aunt and uncle are in PV staying at the cndo I have rented. They are going to be there til after Larry arrives. That works out nicely. I think that by then I will have improved a lot more. I keep improving every few days. Just the pain remains the same as before the surgery beside my blood pressure being low. My meds are being tweeked to see if my blood pressure will come back up. That is all for now, I have to go post on the exercise thread. I hope that you are all doing well.

Last edited by Deelite; 01-18-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:33 PM   #9  

Girls, just to let you know, my computer is down also. I have been using Mike's, so I'm not sure how often I can post. Luckily, he is at work so I can use it right now, but if he falls asleep in the office like he normally does, I won't be able to get on it in the morning.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:50 AM   #10  

I guess weighing in on Wed. did the trick. I'm back down to 129, thank goodness!!

I woke up this morning looking like Quazimoto! It looks like something bit me under my left eye. I have no Benedryl, so I"ll have to run to Walmart before work. I have a couple of bites on my neck too. Guess I'd better change my bed linens tonight!!LOL!! I'm hoping the swelling goes down on my eye by the time I'm up and around at work. I really don't want to make a trip to the walkin clinic.

Sherry, Ramona, Dee-I am thinking of you all missing your children.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:38 AM   #11  
Losing it!

Shelley, if the marks don't go away, you may need to explain your "wild night!"
I'm sending you some info about premenopause and hormones. I even found an online test to take to see what your imbalance may be. I'm going to see if I can locate the vitamins and cream to see if it helps me. GREAT JOB ON THE WEIGH-IN! I'm going to start doing WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAYS too!

Dee, I'm so happy when you post a message! I'm glad you are slowly seeing improvement and I am thrilled that your relationship with Dez is getting stronger. Sometimes it takes moving out and away from mom and dad to realize mom and dad may not be so bad after all. Did you like the potato soup? I made a low cal stew the other night and used ground turkey in it. I thought it was really good. Also, the entire family has been eating Janice's brownie muffins...time to make another batch!

Sher, please try not to stress...I know you have tons of stuff going on, but remember you are the glue that holds your family together. Wayne, Chris and Drew need you right now more then they ever have before. Each one of them is facing something in their life and I just know they find comfort by having you as a wife and mother.

Ramona, you seem to always know what to say and how to say it. I think of you often and wonder how your coping that day... have you heard from Dan lately?

I'm down another pound, surprising with the big P due anytime. Guess it's time to change my ticker... I may get around to it later today.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #12  
Losing it!

Shelley, I sent the info to your email address without thinking. Would you prefer I send it to Mikes email address since your computer is down????
Old 01-19-2005, 03:15 PM   #13  

Shelley that is good you are back down. It was probably bouncing around because of the salt from the chinese food. Glad that you were able to post even though your pc was down. I may miss Dez but I count myself fortunate that I have contact with her on the phone everyday not like Ramona or Sherry.

Gayle, Larry loved the soup. He woofed it down last night. Still need to get the stuff to make those yummy muffins. What do you as a base for your stew? You are right about Dez moving out. She does realize hoe good she had it here and how much she really loves us. Congratulations on the pound down. Your little ticker is beating away!

Do you think cooking myself under the fake and bake tanners will make me thinner? I hope so. I started to pre-tan for my trip on the weekend. I already notice a difference. Last night I was able to walk up the stairs one at a time instead of placing two feet on one step. It is like a magic button was pressed I can also walk better. Go figure, maybe it was the six month mark from the time I was operated. I am so happy, I don't even know if I am going to limp when I am all done healing. Now to get that blood pressure up, maybe I will leave that up to Larry to work on that!

Hope that you are having a good day. I am thinking of you all.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #14  

Gayle-Thanks for the info. I am using my email addy on Mike's computer.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:15 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Dee:

GAYLES HEARTY GUESS BY GOLLY STEW RECIPE

I'm a lazy cook, so basically I came up with this by opening up the pantry and mixing stuff together.

1 can sweet sue low fat chicken broth

1 can drained greenbeans

1 can drained corn

1 can drained potato dices

1 can (same size as veggies) of tomato sauce

1 T. dried minced onion (or could use fresh)

12 oz. ground turkey (weigh first then brown)

Season with season salt or salt and pepper. I used everglades seasoning. Now I can't remember, I may of added one extra can of water to the ingredients... just mix it up and if it looks way to thick, add the water. :-)

Toss everything together in the crockpot and let simmer all day on low. My recipe came out to 970 calories/7 cups total so each 1 cup serving would be 139 calories. This is thicker then some stews but I wanted it that way, I figured it would be easier measuring out portions.
Closed Thread