South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 01:05 PM   #1  

Default Newbie Loser!

I'm totally new to this board, and am wading my way through. Please excuse any inappropriately placed posts!

I am on day 4 of Phase I. My stomach and I keep getting in arguments. I always win, but it always growls at me.

A particular question I have: Can I use no carb ranch salad dressing? I'm not a huge salad lover, but if ranch is involved I can handle it.

Any suggestions, directions, pointers whatever would be helpful.

Thanks ladies!

Last edited by Bumet; 01-19-2005 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:09 PM   #2  

Check the label on the dressing. If it has less than 3 grams of sugar per 2 Tablespoon serving, it's ok. For what it's worth, Newman's Own Ranch Dressing is yummy and conforms to that rule.

If you're hungry - EAT. There's no reason to be hungry on this diet. Grab a handful of nuts or a hard boiled egg or some deli meat or any number of other good snacks!

If you don't like salads, try frozen vegetables. One of my favorites is frozen broccoli or cauliflower, topped with low-fat American cheese. Yum!
Old 01-19-2005, 01:12 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Bumet!

Yes, you can have ranch dressing, and don't worry about carbs. Instead, look at the fat and sugar. You want something with 3g of sugar or less, and you want the fats to come from canola oil, olive oil, or other healthy oils. If it has the word "hydrogenated", put it back. I've found Hidden Valley's ranch dressing all seem to conform to that rule, but experiment...there are lots of dressings out that that are allowed.

And definitely eat! Are you getting enough veggies? You need to eat lots on this diet...try peppers dipped in hummus, celery with laughing cow cheese, steamed broccoli, green peppers with slivered almonds, jicama dipped in salsa, etc. There's a lot out there!

Make sure you are eating every 3 hours to keep your blood sugar stable, and that you eat when you are hungry.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #4  

I'm not trying to be hungry. I am a teacher, and I can't always eat when I want. Thanks for your support. I'm in the South Beach area of this site, right!!?!
Old 01-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome...Yes you are in the South Beach thread! Glad you joined us!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:50 PM   #6  

Default New to The Beach

Hello everyone:
I am also on day 4 of Phase 1 and have lost 4 lbs so far. I previously was on the Sugar Busters plan, but I fell off! Decided to try South Beach this time around and decided to join the forum for moral support. I tend to get frustrated when ever the weight stops coming off!

Have a great day!
Old 01-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Lara welcome aboard! I'm headin to Tn this w-end. All my family lives up there.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:14 PM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome Bumet and skyredhead! Great board here with lots of support and help.
Closed Thread