Old 01-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #1  
a.k.a. Roxy

Default Desperate Housewives #20--WEDNESDAY

Desperate Housewives #20--Wednesday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:29 AM   #2  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!
Hey isnt anyone awake yet? I came on earlier and no new thread, so I says to myself, "Self, if ya don't sees one, starts one." Certainly is quiet this morning and of course, I have lots to do. I wanted to check in and see you girls off on your day too! Hope everyone is doing okay and recovering from sicknesses and turmoil of other varieties. My original sicky, Rosie, started vomitting again! Still home, the other one went back. Oh well, I knew how this week would go. I'll get personal later and chat inbetween loads. I think I'll get loaded now as a matter of fact. BBL

~Roxy
Old 01-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #3  

Morning Roxy. Thanks for starting a new thread. I did get up a bit later this morning and dh didn't have to go to work till a bit later. When he's home my schedule gets thrown a bit off. He was on the computer....What r your plans for today?

OK, everyone. I will head to the gym at an unusual hour 4 oclock today! BTW all, I was 196.6 this morning. YIPPPIE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Wow! Mel!! Atta girl!!You are incredible! Are you doing something new?
Thanks for ended the other thread. I have to laugh, cause the last time we both started and I was sooo cautious, I just kept sneeking peeks to see if anyone posted. Of course, I forgot to end the other thread! No big plans for today because of sick children. I have to go to the store and see if I left a bag of groceries there. I'm missing items and they are not in the house or van, so maybe I just didn't get them in my cart. I paid for them that's for sure! I'm missing about $10 worth of stuff so I'm not overlooking it, like I would if it were something small.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:45 AM   #5  
I'm a homeschool mama

I'm here...no contractions. But it's going to be in the 60's and sunny today and the next several days, so I'm gonna get out and walk and get active later on. Doing laundry, school and the usual. I'll check back later.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #6  

Roxy, maybe next person in line got your stuff somehow, or you left a bag. I know that happens sometimes. Not doing anything new. But I think it just comes in waives. Which is fine too. I feel so good. Ummm the stress this week probably was a help for my weight....not the way to lose it, but I'll still take it.lol sorry you have sickies home. Hope they feel better soon.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:48 AM   #7  

Crystal, walking will be great. do some squats too. I know that opens the pelvis 20% more and allows the baby to come down further. Have a good one.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Mel I'm sooo proud of you!!! you are doing sooo great!

Roxy so sorry about the sickies! I'm so glad I don't have them here, so please don't sneeze to the west LOL. Just take your receipt to the grocery store and if they don't have your bag of groceries they should let you pick up your missing items. Hubby is the grocery manager for a Smiths Store (owned by kroger) and his store is really good about that kind of stuff. Hopefully yours is too That's probably why Hubby's store is #3 out of all the Kroger stores!

Anyway lol did anyone watch AI last night? I've never laughed so hard in my life!! I've got my DVR set to record the national body challenge program tonight while I'm at work so I can watche it tomorrow when I get home. I think I'm going to buy a gazelle walmart has one for 98 bucks and they fold up for storage so I think I'll pick one up today or tomorrow. Does anyone have one of those? How do you like it?

I'm going to have a grapefruit for breakfast and a cup of sugar free hot cocoa only 1 pt per cup.
Okay girls well I need to go start chugging water. Drink it up ladies!!!
Oh and I'm working on some new stuff for the challenge I can't wait to start the next one!! I've got big plans for it and it will go much smoother!!

Okay TTYL!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Whoops! I forgot to put a reply for Crystal sorry just got in a hurry...

Crystal do you have an exercise ball? You could sit on one and bounce on it, I used one of those while in labor with Teagan and it helps to get them engaged and stuff. Hope you are feeling okay.

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 AM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Thanks for all your replies. No Michelle, I don't have an exercise ball. Melissa, so glad you mentioned squatting. I've always done that while in labor, the midwife tells you to but when I mention that to others, they look at me like I'm crazy. But I haven't been having any real contractions in which to squat during.
But I'll keep you up to date.
Btw, dh enrolled in fire academy yesterday. It starts the 21st of Feb. He'll graduate in June, then have to take a 2 week EMT course. Then he can get hired on and if the fire station requires him to be a paramedic, they'll send him to school and still pay him. So about 6 months of suffering for a good outcome. Anyways, things will be changing but for the better.
Just thought I'd add that. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:34 AM   #11  
**Kristin**

Good Morning! Afternoon...whatever! LOL!

Roxy - way to be brave and start a new thread! I personally wil probably NEVER get to do that! I will never be up that early and on the puter..the only way is if I am up too late! Sorry you have sick ones at home Get moving on that laundry! I hate laundry and try to do as much at one time as possible! Now dusting with Pledge....thats a whole nother thing ...that was for Steph! haha!

Crystal - Glad things are getting close! I see that you won the book give away! How cool! Which book did you choose? I was always told to "eat spicy food and go over speed bumps" when pregnant! LOL, it didn't work...go figure! haha

Michelle - I have heard of the gazelle, never had one though, or used it.....sorry can't help ya! What is AI? areyou talking about that movie "artificial Intelligence"..haven't seen that either...LOL, I am just living under a rock here!

Melissa - YAY! You deserve a whole "bunch" of dancing banana's! Way to go! Hope you have a great POSITIVE day! Love ya girl!

Good Morning to all you other ladies! Have a great day! I have another b-day party tonight, this one is just drinks though, at the bar part of the restuarant! I will have ONE, and then go home, dh is staying home with sydney so I am just running up there for a few minutes to be polite...its about 3 blocks from my house! THursday night I work and Friday night....yet another b-day party! LOL! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:35 AM   #12  

Crystal, you can do them before contractions. It helps bring them on.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:45 AM   #13  

Kristin, with all these birthdays, you are going to be poor soon!!!! THanks for the WTG, and I am determined to have a positive day. I am feeling much better today. THanks for your concern and prayers.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #14  
a.k.a. Roxy

Well, got some loaded and going-

Crystal-those exercise balls are great! They had me on one during labor and it really opens up the pelvis! Well...Have some Mexican, go down a bumpy road... glad things are going well for dh! Hope this doesn't put additional stress on you though.

Michelle-OOOOOOOh! Look at the new siggy and avatar! You are just getting better and better! Is that the new Photoshop? So cool! I promise I won't sneeze your way. I think those Mountains keep most of the bad germs out. I just got off the phone with the store and they did have my bag! So I'm happy, I couldn't figure out why they didn't call me...I paid with a check. The girl was new and so was the bagger. Listen, our town is so small I know them all by first name and vis versa. I'm chuggin my water too!

Mel- well, while I hope the stress goes away soon, your weight loss is great. Hope all is well and no trouble for ya. Still praying for you!

Jeniqua- I know that you said that you weren't going to post and take a break but we a re still praying for you as well...take care!

Deana-you must be really busy my e.t. you haven't been posting much lately. How's the curves going? You are shrinking right before our eyes too! How did your vases do at the sale????

I'm gonna go feed Marty and then play with some more LAUNDRY.bbl

~Roxy
Old 01-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #15  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Hey ladies I'm pretty ticked right now since I set my alarm for 7 and it didn't go off!! ARRRRRRRR I had a really busy day planned and now it got screwed up. I was supposed to take Bayley to get a chest x-ray and then to the pediatrician, then back to moms, then I was off to volunteer at the elementary school, then to real school. However now mom has to take her to get her x-ray and go to the doc because I don't have enough time now! Well I hope you followed that lol guess it's just less stress for me but I've never had to have anyone else take Bayley to the doc for me and it makes me kind of sad. I guess I'll get over it. Anyway I was OP all day yesterday and had 80 oz of water and I was down 2 pounds from yesterday! It's amazing what watching what you eat and water can do for you, huh? Now my goal for next week is to schedule in some gym time. We'll see what happens.

Roxy I think I've only started a new thread like 2 times! lol It makes me nervous, like I'm going to do it wrong lmao I'm so glad you found your groceries, I would have been so mad about it. Hope your sickies get better soon, I can't imagine how in spreads in a big household like that. Actually I can, my dh's mom and dad have 9 people living in their house right now and she watches a lot of the grandkids and they just got done passing the flu around to EVERYONE. My MIL and FIL have 6 kids and we were the only family that didn't get it! I was thankful too.

Mel WTG!! I'm so happy for you! It's finally coming off thats great! I hope you will start to feel better soon too. It stinks when you have something on your mind ALL the time that stresses you out. It really takes a toll on you. I hope it gets resolved soon so you can get back to normal. And thanks again for the adorable gift!

Crystal I'm afraid I don't have any going into labor ideas for you. I think I probably tried EVERY single one when I was preggo with Bayley and it wasn't till I stopped trying to get her out that she really came. However I think that's part of her personality since she only does things when she wants to do them! lol good luck though, I know it won't be long now.

Hi Michelle!! What is AI? And have you rented Napoleon Dynamite yet? lol I bought it last night on half.com the one we were borrowing doesn't have the out takes on them and I guess they are hilarious!! I can't wait to get it. Oh and I was checking out some pictues of the characters in real life and you would not believe how they look! Not anything like their characters! They are actually good looking! lmao

Hi Kris!! Are you still watching Grandma? I read that they were putting her on hospice care. That's sad How's everything else? You seem super busy! I miss chatting with you. Slow down a bit! Not that I can talk lol. Good for you for being down in weight, that's great!!

Oh I wanted to ask the rest of you if you have seen Napoleon Dynamite, it's a movie, it's hilarious!! It's really off the wall but it's one of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile. I just wanted to see if any of you have seen it since it's not a real widely known movie. Ok I hear baby up, I better get. TTYL

Last edited by Bayleysmom; 01-19-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote