Old 01-17-2005, 07:43 PM   #1  

Talking LC Daily Chat Jan. 17th - Jan. 23rd

Oops! No one around to start the new week!

Even though it is a quazi-holiday in the States (ML King day but not all employers honor it), many of us had to work. School was out so the boys were sleeping in and it was MEGA hard for me to get up - needless to say I was late arriving this morning. (I'm my own boss so it was no biggie - except that I won't make as much today. Drat!)

Weight is up this a.m. but PMSing is bad the last couple days and TOM (hopefully!) is right around the corner so that probably accounts for the gain. (it better - grrrrr!)

Happy late B-Day, Ruthie! I hope you have a better week. Whine away if you need too - I'm a firm beleiver in venting it all out as a cleansing measure and then just getting on with life. Everyday is a new day and who knows what it holds: some good and some bad.

L - Sounds like you have a good handle on the auction stuff. Don't forget to take some 'me' time. Work/kids can eat up time something fierce and not leave anything left for YOU.

Dottie - That was very sweet of hubby to give you some 'me' time IN YOUR OWN HOME! lol I hope your work week goes well.

Meowna - You are doing great with your plan! Congrats! And I didn't know that you had a boyfriend? How long have you been together? And where the heck did you meet him? (where to meet dateable men is the Question of the Hour for me lately - I haven't a clue about this whole dating thing)

Ok - I gotta go clean the kitchen and fold some laundry. It was very sunny yesterday and I did some outside chores (spraying weeds, etc.) so now my regular weekend stuff needs to get finished. Thank goodness the boys didn't need school clothes washed yet.

Have a good week all -

Kel
Old 01-17-2005, 09:21 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

OK the last few days at work has been better, but still busy. I have not been OP but I have been away with the bosy. I will some time when I have time tell the story about going to see the falls with out ID for the kids. I almost had to leave them behind! Don't I wish!!!

The boys started soccer here. today and Ben is still swimming. Still busy!!

As I was gone all weekend and DH did his laundry sat AM I am doing my clothes right now. UG glad it is dress down tomorow. Well must go and get a bite to eat. I am hungry.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:37 AM   #3  

morning all- it's Tuesday and i'm home for the morning to take MIL to the gall bladder doctor, she has a gall stone...so i got an extra hour sleep. that was needed as I was up for 2 hours in the night with insomnia.

MLK day was a holiday at my job but I went into the office for a couple hours to do some work. it will be a short week, but busy with prep for our audit. tensions are running high, and I am trying not to get too crazy or moody.

weight loss stopped here too- saw your posts, Kel and L; I also am up a pound from my loss the weeks before. It was the Chinese food on sunday and the wine and crackers and cheese last night! I will be back on track today.

RUTH! sorry I missed your birthday congrats!

lots of presents for you from your friends here

hugs!

that's it for me, I am going to heat up some broccoli quiche for breakfast(crustless, of course!) and go take a shower.

hi to all nice to see you sue, meowna

everyone else, post a quickie, ok?

have a great one,
dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 01-18-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

A quickie as requested. Hi Sue, Kel and Dottie and the rest to come.

I have a friend and neighbour coming to assemble my treadmill in a few minutes. Yes, me and a treadmill! It took years to get around to this but I finally did it. The rooms in my house are quite small except the upstairs bath is fairly spacious so that's where it's going to be set up. It took two very strong guys to horse it up there and that was just the biggest part! Moël will have it together in no time as he has that kind of brain. I think I'll start my bath before I get on the darn thing and then just fall into it!

The verdict on my eternal sore knee is not good. Apparently what started out as a damaged tendon has now turned into the dreaded arthritis, partly from the stress on the joint! Crap! I am seeing an OA physiotherapist next week but I think there will be a lot of pain killers in my future. I have a choice - sit there and hurt or move and hurt and think I'll go for the latter.

Today is my darling Hershey's birthday so I'll be very busy giving her extra petting. She has completely recovered from her anaemia and will be having her operation tomorrow morning. Poor baby!

Have a Terrific Tuesday.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #5  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Good Morning, tired as all can be today..........bug eyed nite..........hate those ones. Need coffee with expresso this morning for a jump start.

Kel-ty, yes I am nearing my goal, and the last bit of weight is hanging on for dear life. HA
I have been with my boyfriend for a year now, I met him through a mutual friend, when I was far from lookin for any man, think I was still in the voodoo..... stick a pin in his head kinda mood! This poor guy had to work hard to get my attention. HA
The whole girlfriend thing is odd for me I have been somebody's wife for the last 20 yrs, I feel demoted sometimes. My spouse stepped out of our marriage with a family friend, his employee to be exact, that in itself leaves me feeling that nothin is for certain, don't believe every word you hear, if your gut is sending you a message, turn down your denial and listen up cause mine has rarely steered me wrong, I just don't always listen. So needless to say I am treading carefully, I am not up to any more hurts.

Finding a man is nothing, finding one worth keeping, that is a whole different thing HA HA HA

Have a great day ya'll

Ruth-the happiest of belated birthdays to you......66 wooo hooo.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:23 AM   #6  

thursday morning, 5 am...DH had to go to work early for a training session and not only did he do his workout before he left, but he SHOVELED SNOW! I started off annoyed at the noise (why is he showering at 4:00?) but realized he had a 6 AM prep class...needless to say since I am up I am going to take advantage of it to get to work early myself.

eating is down the drain the past few days. I am eating as much good stuff as I can but filling in with crackers and candy. I hope Friday will be the last crazy day...the audit is next week, and there's not much you can do once they're here. But I cut up a grapefruit for this morning with a sf yogurt, and have some sliced turkey and provolone for roll-ups for lunch. Steak for dinner with some spinach. I really have to do better next week!

Hi Kel, Sue, Meowna, Ruth... glad everyone is OK, it's nice to read about everyone elses day-to-day stuff- Kel, spraying the weeds? You're very productive! Ruth, take it easy with the treadmill- but congrats for getting one. I'm very impressed! Sue- have a good week, hope it quiets down for you- I know it's a lot of work with new admissions. Meowna, how was your "date" with the nice boyfriend? I know what you mean by demoted from wife- I feel like I have lost "status" with DH while his mother is staying with us. He has to "court" her, keep her in a good mood, entertain her, fuss and listen and coax and soothe her. I just keep the house and cook the meals. The maid!

well, that's enough for 5:30 in the morning...time for a second cup of coffee and push myself into the shower. I don't know how people can work out in the mornings- I can barely hold my head up to pour the coffee in!

have a good one,
dottie
Old 01-20-2005, 10:02 AM   #7  

Dottie - I'm NOT a morning person either.

Highs and lows here this week - must be PMS doing it's thing, huh?

Just wanted to say hi - gotta run and gather some approval paperwork the boys need to turn in for baseball. Boy, do I really need a House Manager (saw that term on the Wife Swap show last night)

Kel
Old 01-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Quickie as my bath fills! I am in business with the treadmilla lthjough have to limit my sessions to 5 minutes so the knee doesn't get stressed according to the physiotherapist.
Hershey's operation went well but she is still very drugged. She hasn't peed for over 24 hours so I am feeding her popsicles for fluid and scrambled eggs, She sure slept soundly last night. We pout her on the couch with pillow and blankie at 5:30, I checked her three times during the night and she was in the same position this morning. She did get off and stagger over to the mat in front of the stove this morning.
Homemaker is coming at 11:30 so I need to do the tub thing and get organized for a few very short trips out of the house while she's here. I trust her with Harry but not with my baby! How sick is that!
Hi to everyone and I will try to post in here more often.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:21 AM   #9  

morning Ruth and Kel and all to come-

Ruth that is so cute to think of Hershey curled up on the couch with her blankie by the stove! glad you'll be around more...

keeping busy at work this week and will go in tomorrow(saturday) also. We are expected to get a big snowfall saturday night into sunday, and I was planning sunday as my work day, but I think I should figure to stay home sunday! maybe make like hershey and curl up with a blanket and snooze!

eating crazy, just grazing, but too much to loose any weight. Right now I'm fighting not to regain what I lost the past few weeks. I know I'm not drinking enough water- I can feel it- it's so overheated and dry everywhere you need to drink more and I'm not getting to it...that's the plan today.

trying to lower carbs as well, and add in protein, it has really been lacking! I keep going to carb-y foods, even though I know I'll feel better if i choose a hard boiled egg instead of ritz crackers. It will help when MIL goes home, there is so much bread and crackers and pretzels around. soon, soon! (maybe a couple more weeks)

that's it for me,

have a good one,
dottie
Old 01-21-2005, 09:38 AM   #10  

Hi everyone! I have posted in other threads here I think but this is my first time on the daily chat. You all sound so great and I wish you the best. So far LC is going great for me. I started on Saturday the 15th and last night I weighed in at Bally and had lost 10 pounds. Probably just water weight mostly but it still gave me the motivation to keep going. I'm currently trying to work out a plan to get to Bally at least 3 times a week. Kind of hard right now because I have 2 girls (4 and 7) and my DH is away in the Military right now. So finding someone to watch them for even a couple hours a day is tough. But I will figure something out, I want it bad enough. I am going to California in March and hope to look alot better than I do right now. Well I wanted to introduce myself here and wish everyone well. I look forward to chatting with all of you! Have a great day!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:42 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Hey, Mel, "just water weight" is still a loss. You have to lose the extra water sometime so it counts. And welcome to the weekly chatter.

We are frassing freezing here today and the woodstove is going full blast. Hersh is still playing the invalid and lying in front of the stove - "Peel me a grape!" - but is feeling better although her incision hurts her. She manages to go outside for a pee and that's about all the motion she undertakes. Poor baby!

I wasn't planning on going outside today unless the house caught on fire but we are out of Scotch, toothpaste and toilet paper so I'm going to have to brave it. Stupid country!

Meowna, remeber that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince and keep your antennae nice and tuned.

Dottie, you have been under a lot of stress. I am sure your eating will smarten up when your MIL is in her own place again. Don't be hard on yourself!

Kel, I envy you that CA weather! We were -33F this morning! At least it's sunny and the days ARE getting longer.

Sue, I'm glad to see you are back with us. I worried about you a lot and was set to drive south. I assume you wanted to see the Canadian Falls.

L144S, busy, busy lady. Sounds like you are now in BUSINESS! I saw you posting last week.

Well, I have to bundle up and get out there or it will be disastrous. Toothpaste we can do without, Kleenex is OK for TP (although the septic system doesn't agree) but we cannot fake Scotch!

Have a super TGIF and weekend.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #12  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Default pic of the lake....water is high

G'day Ladies.

adding a pic from my bf lake house, we saw the sun yesterday for the first time in wks here. will be sandbagging soon the water is up 6 or more ft in the lake and they are calling for another warning tonite here.

Welcome Mel, you have found a great site here, lots of support and encouragement as well as listening eyes. HA

Ruth- I don't want warts..........blehhhhhhh, no kissin fool here, show me ur tax assessment, divorce papers, high school diploma, and have you ever been treated for a mental illness, do u do drugs? drink? smoke? lets see ur doctor's note are ya disease free? Do you have any psychotic ex's that stalk you? Are you married? I am making a questionnare up, saves time. HA HA HA......ahhhhhhhhhh who would have thunk it. Will call it the INTERVIEW!

Linda-how is ur weather on the mainland, we have washouts, floodin, the run off from the mountains is washing stuff away........it is a lil scary to say the least, hard to get off an island fast. HA

Dottie- my date was really nice, spent with his mom and step dad and special needs stepsister, we spent it at the lake, going again tomorrow, my oldest kid is coming to watch the youngest overnite. We have been seeing each other for a year now. We are in no hurry.

Have a happy healthy on plan day Ladies.

See the difference in one week from snow to overflow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM000913.JPG (28.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IM000887.JPG (22.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Meowna; 01-21-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:14 PM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hello Ladies!

I have been busy! I made an auction presetation the the board of the school in western Ma and I returned to pick up my e mail and found I had a WEB DONATION! our first item! I was so excited! So yes I guess I am in Business.

Life is good. I returned home this morning and we are bracing for 2 feet of snow tonight. As long as we don't loos power I know we will be fine. it was -2 this morning and has warmed up to 15 today. I have to say I am headed for the couch and a brief nap. We are supose to have dinner with friends tonight at a japaneese steak house...love it!

Ruth, I hope that the "doggie do Little" is feeling better to all the chickies. I am off for a nap while the kiddo's go to karate.
-L
Old 01-22-2005, 01:51 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi the week was just as rushed as the weekend so I did not get in. I also with the snow have to go to work and work about 12 hours or more to cover for the gals who can not make it in. Catch you all next week. I will be sleeping tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #15  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

OMG IT IS A BLIZZARD!
We have 2 feet already and it i s still coming, the snow drifts in some places are taller than the kids!

Poor doggies. The arthritis, sore joints and the poor health and the height of the snow make it relly tough on them, We did get them out this morning and they soon went back to bed.

I am going to finish tackeling the laundry and a little more purging in the kids rooms. It seems like a good day. I never understod sping cleaning. I always want to be out. For me it is winter cleaning.

Have a good day ladies. If you are in the storm with me, keep warm, and stay off the roads.
-L