Old 01-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Default Haven't been here in a few days...

Haven't posted for a few days...I've been busy, and when I haven't I've been dealing with monster headaches(like now). I didn't get to go to the TOPS meeting and join up this past Friday as I didn't have the money, but this Friday I don't have any excuses unless there is a blizzard...LOL. I also haven't been to the gym since a week ago yesterday(monday)...Wednesday our weather was so bad it was even considered a snow day for my kids....and Friday I ended up going out with my mom to do some shopping and other stuff....I know no excuse. Tomorrow(Wednesday) I am hoping to work out though....I have no excuse for not going there as my son's daycare is in the same building.

I went to my family doctor today to discuss a few things(including my headaches), and she has taken me off of the Celebrex (which didn't seem to be helping me anyhow, and is prone to creating heart problems). She is starting me on a medication called Epival (it's a seizure med, but used for other things too) for my headaches...hopefully it will work as I have headaches every day and they are usually all day long too. She also is starting me on a Ventolin inhaler to help with my breathing when exercising or when I get coughing attacks (she thinks I may have exercise induced asthma, I know my mom has asthma and my son does also).

So hopefully I will be back on track this week or at least by next week if my new meds hold me down a bit.
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:35 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Jen, sorry to hear you've been ill. I know all about headaches as I am prone to migraines especially at TOM. How is your blood pressure if you don't mind me inquiring? That could also be a factor if it is high. Also I hate to tell you but you are back in the snowbelt. I swear Woodstock gets more snow than any other place in SW Ontario!! So you'll be snowed in never fear. Did you get to do that walking video that you were asking about? I was in Woodstock this past weekend visiting my mom and had to stop and get a pizza at Sebastian's. It is sad because I bring it all the way back to Hamilton for my husband and I to eat. We haven't found anyplace here that makes as good as pizza as them. I only got a medium and had 2 slices. Mind with the amount of cheese that's about 1000 calories but considering I used to get a large and have about 5 slices that's an improvement! You have to be from Woodstock and gotten a pizza from Sebastian's to know that it is practically an obsession particularly when every other pizza is nasty by comparison. Well maybe that's just us!

Anyway I got back to the gym today after being off for a long while trying to recover from pneumonia. It is hard to get back into it after being away but I was missing it horribly. Is there anyone that can go with you to the Y? Sometimes having a buddy can be a big motivator. Wish I was living in Woodstock again so I could go with you!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:09 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

The important thing Jen.. is just keep posting. Come here everyday and post! It will make a difference. I know that if I used my pregnancy as an excuse I would have gained atleast double. Coming here makes all the difference!!

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 08:58 AM   #4  

Hi Jen, when it comes to headaches, I feel your pain! I have suffered from chronic headaches and migraines all of my life. Even as a small child I remember telling my Grandpa that I had a headache, to which he replied, little kids don't get headaches! He was a dear, sweet man, but he sure didn't get it! Anyway, I just wanted to share that since I've lost the weight, I very rarely get migraines at all anymore and my regular, every day headaches have lessened and are not as intense as they used to be. This has been one more added perk to the weight loss that was totally unexpected, and I couldn't be happier about it! My chronic headaches have been so debilitating that I've literally had to plan my life around any thing or activity that could cause one. My biggest problem being heat. Any time I got the least bit overheated it resulted in horrible pounding pain, usually accompanied with nausea, which would sometimes last for days at a time. Living in the South as I do, meant that summertime was pure torture and I almost never left the house during that time. Now, here's an ironic twist- since I've lost the weight, I am constantly freezing, and now I'm looking forward to it warming up around here again! Anyway, I just wanted to share to hopefully give you something to look forward to as a possible side affect of weight loss. Good luck sweetie, and hang in there. Remember, you can do this, as long as you just keep trying.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back. It sounds like you have a great plan for getting back on track. I think the other Jen had a great tip for having some home exercise videos at the ready for the days you can't make it to the gym.

I get migraines now around TOM. they started when I was preggo with William. I was getting them every few days when I first had my IUD put in and now they are down to about once a month, luckily.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:34 PM   #6  

I also get migraines related to TOM. I used to get them more often but since weightloss the only time I experience them now is when its TOM or I am very stressed. Biobaby I too am FREEZING this winter! Last summer with my weightloss I was comfortable most of them time but this winter even with gloves on my hands go numb.
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 05:59 PM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Julie, my husband is exactly the same with feeling cold. He lost a lot of weight related to a gallbladder problem and ever since then is freezing all the time. I bought him an electric blanket for Xmas because otherwise he had like 4 blankets on at night.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen
Julie, my husband is exactly the same with feeling cold. He lost a lot of weight related to a gallbladder problem and ever since then is freezing all the time. I bought him an electric blanket for Xmas because otherwise he had like 4 blankets on at night.
Are you guys kidding? I get cold now as it is and I am well over 100lbs overweight...I am going to freeze when I lose the weight. Today's weather was just nasty...it was a snowday for the kids(no school), and my walkway has had to be shovelled 3 times so far today. I hope it stops very soon.
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote