South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 12:15 AM   #1  
Punkin Fairy Mama

S/C/G: 262/233/140

Talking Hi I'm New here... mostly

well I'd have to admit I've been poking around a bit since December, But never really sat down and asked if I could play? But I really think I need the support of a group of people. And well ya'll seem like a decent bunch

I did Phase 1 for about 3 weeks (and through Christmas no less) and did manage to lose 11 pounds and then kind of hit a stall. But I read somewhere (may have been here) that a stall is normal after phase 1... So this week DH and I are trying a new approach to our meals we have decided to eat our larger meal at lunch and have salad for dinner. (we work in the same place so we can take our lunch and eat together) and we work out for an hour or so after work in the onsite gym. I have a lot of hope for this approach.

A little about who I am... I am 33 been Married for a little over a year... I also have PCOS which makes losing just a tad more challenging, but I am on medication now. Have been told if we want help having kids then I have to get to 140. And that seems like SUCH a long way away. But I know it can be done, it would just be nice to have a place to come and ask questions or just share some common ground (like if I eat another boiled egg I may turn into one!!!) anyway I hope to get to know more about all of you and hope you don't mind me building a little castle here on your section of the beach...

*Heather*
Old 01-18-2005, 01:09 AM   #2  

Talking

Hello! I'm Jenn, 18, and also semi-new here. I came here to look for a group of people like me, that I could talk to. So far, So good! If you ever need to talk just look for me on here, or IM me because I am always online during the day.

I have tried many different diets but none of them have seemed to work. But now I am here for many different reasons.

1. My best friend, who was also my main source of support, other than my mom, started smoking hoping that it would help her stop eating.

2. I am looking for a new career and going back to school starting this fall and I would like to look and feel better about myself before I do that.

3. I started dating my boyfriend about a month ago And though he never says anything about my weight, I want to look better for him too because I believe that he deserves someone that wants to be healthy like he is.

I hope that I hear from you soon!

Valentines Day Challenge

Long Term Summer Challenge
Old 01-18-2005, 05:20 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Heather and Jenn. You've come to the right place for support as you take up this healthy lifestyle.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:40 AM   #4  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Welcome Heather & Jenn Join in anytime. I too am online all day. I stay home and watch my GB's. So, always checking in and reading. I just started ph. 2 on Sat. Everyone here helps a great deal. You will learn to love them all like I do.
Again welcome.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #5  

Welcome Heather and Jenn!

Heather, I am also 33 and married. I have had doctors suspect PCOS for awhile but I am not officially diagnosed as of yet. We are working on that right now. My doctors seem to think that I will either have to do a lot of infertility stuff or adopt. It sounds like we have a lot in common. Toss me a private message if you would like!

Have a wonderful day!

Nally
Old 01-18-2005, 07:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Heather and Jenn, we're so glad to have you join us!
Old 01-18-2005, 09:25 AM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

*~* Welcome to the beach Heather & Jenn!! *~*

I too am fairly new around here, again, and the support is wonderful! Lots of great help.

Heather~weight loss stall could be maybe you need to move on to P2, if you've been on P1 for 3wks already?? Just a thought, maybe some of the more experienced ladies will be able to either say yea or nay on this.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:55 AM   #8  

Welcome to the Beach, Heather and Jenn!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #9  

Question

I happened on this site yesterday and I am already in love with it. There seems to be so much support and good advice. I have been on the SBD before, but this is the first time I have looked for any "support". As I am a recovering alcholic, I was wondering if anyone had any good beef recipes for the crock pot that do not call for wine.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #10  

Default Beef Stock

A good rich beef or veal stock works wonders when braising red meat. I have recently read that you can also substitute grape juice for wine in cooking but I don't know if you want to go there while following SBD. Hope this info helps!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:46 PM   #11  

Thanks Nilla - I haven't tried that (either the grape juice or the stock). I'll give it a try though.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:00 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Rayneysmom! I use beef stock and sometimes some V8 for my pot roasts.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chicks welcome to the beach! I look forward to seeing you all post in the daily thread!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:59 PM   #14  
Punkin Fairy Mama

S/C/G: 262/233/140

Red face Awww you guys are the best...

I don't get on to answer till late evening, I work on computers but under new management watching us like we are three. So by the time I get to the gym eat dinner and log on well it's already time to sleep! But I do read all that was posted so I can keep up!!

thank you so much for being so great and welcoming (welcome too Jenn )

Nally - I had been told many years ago I wouldn't be able concieve without help... but lost a lot of weight and lo and behold, just when I was counting on not being able to viola! The ending wasn't happy, but it does give me hope and maybe it will you too that it can happen! That's why I'm spending an hour and a half in the gym daily and trying so so so hard to be careful with what I eat! Did they put you on Metformin or anything? Or just waiting for the results? My fertility Dr was not the most positive about it but she did not tell me it wasn't going to happen, she just said with my weight and other health risks we'd have to be careful... and so we will be. BUT as you said we do have our hearts open to the idea of adoption if we cannot and possibly even if we can... We just both know we need to be parents, and there are other ways than giving birth to become them. Best of luck to you... and deffinitely lets keep in touch!!

amb_lyn - thank you so much for the advice! I kinda switched to p2 but maybe I went with too many carbs? we have added a few like fakey carb things but trying not to over do them. I think I really need to try some of the recipes from the sb cookbook, maybe that would get things in line?
Old 01-19-2005, 09:42 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Heather, Jenn, and Rayneysmom!

This is a great place for support. Sounds like you are all making some major healthy changes in your life. Go get 'em!

Heather, have you checked out the PCOS forum here? There are awesome ladies there that can give you support as you work with your PCOS symptoms. Of course, we'll always be here too!
Closed Thread