Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-17-2005, 11:18 PM   #1  

Angry The Scale Didn't Move At All!

Hi, I'm new here. I was a little dissapointed this week...no weight change at all. I thought there would have been something at least because i exercised alot...but nope, no change. Any tips? Suggestions? Comments?
Nicole1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:19 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It's quite common not to see any weight drop in a week--or sometimes even see a small gain. Weight loss doesn't go in a straight line. Stay with your program, and you may see a bigger drop next week that will make up for it. Don't be discouraged! Weight can sometimes change a few pounds just in a single day.

You might try weighing every two weeks, or even more, instead of once a week--that way you're more likely to see a drop, assuming you stay on your eating program, whatever that may be.

Keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:26 AM   #3  
Smelling the roses

Have you tried taking your measurements? If you are doing alot of exercise you may be building up muscle which weighs more than fat but takes up less room. So while the scales might not move you might get a suprise with a tape measure. Hope that helps.
liseyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:25 PM   #4  
Hooray 4 me!

Wink

Your doing great missy! Always remember that patience is a virtue so don't ever doubt yourself! Scales r basturds!

P.s I love this signature!
Kitty_kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:04 PM   #5  

Nicole- have patience! (easier said than done- I know, it happened to me too) and think- AT LEAST IT DIDN'T GO UP! that is something in itself to be thankful for!
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #6  

I'm with you Nicole. I lost 3 1/2 lbs the first week. I weighed myself today and I had actually gained back 1/2 lb. It is hard to not be discouraged. I felt like I had done well. I exercised and worked out on my bow flex. I have taken my measurements, and am also going to use a pair of jeans to test my progress. Stick with it.
Mainejul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #7  

oh my god i was so bad today...i was babysitting and theres just something about being in someone elses house, i completely broke down, after months of being good, i had cookies, chocolate and french fries... i thought i would have broken those habits by now. well i guess tommorow's another day, im going to work out extra hard tommorow to make up for this slip up

Last edited by Nicole1883; 01-18-2005 at 11:36 PM.
Nicole1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:11 PM   #8  

That sucks. I really hate when that happens. Sometimes I find changing your routine a bit helps. Do a different exercise program. You also might make sure that you are not dropping your calories to low or letting them stray to high. Good luck next week.
eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:26 PM   #9  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I know how you feel. WI isn't til tomorrow for me, but I snuck on teh scale today and NADA! My first week, I lost nothing (probably due to TOM), 2nd week I lost 4, this week I have been very very good and looks like a 0 loss again. I am pumping up my water intake today incase it's water retention. You might try that too.
Good luck!
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:13 AM   #10  

(((Hugs)))) Don't let it get you down. That is a lot easier said than done, but like my mom keeps saying, "It didn't come on in a day, you aren't gonna lose it in a day". Good luck!!
Takinitoff is offline   Reply With Quote