Old 01-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES #16 SuNdAy!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy, married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 09:13 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies.....

I'm scared to get on the scale today and face the music

I did so well all week and then I blew it yesterday.....

Anyhow, Good luck on all the weigh ins today! Come on ladies!

Be back later, gotta get ready for church! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #3  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi ladies. Just wanted to check in and say I'm still here. No action. I'm staying home today because I want to and because it's cold outside. Anyhow, I'll try to check in during the day. Hoping to get a nap and maybe get some laundry done. Otherwise, I'm just gonna hang out.
Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to all you weigh ins. TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #4  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning!

Hey Penny! You all are doing so well on your challange! I think that is so great! Don't be afraid to step on the scale, if you did good all week then one slip up shouldn't matter too much. Not unless you ate like a whole pie or something! Did you have fun at your wedding yesterday?

I found out something interesing this week. I am very sensitive to nutrasweet!
I was drinking DietRite (splenda) and then switched to Fresca( nutrasweet) for awhile cause it's not so sweet tasting. I really slowed my weight loss down, I felt bloated, plus I had little headaches. Talked to my R.N. and she recommended NOT having nutrasweet while pregnant, nursing and then she said you really should avoid it anyway. More and more studies are coming out against it. News to me. The same is not true of Splenda, that seems to be much safer. Although let's face it, only in moderation, because it causes the zippies! Now therein lies the crux of everything, right? Moderation! Now if I'm not mistaken Gretchen can't tolerate Splenda. Has an adverse effect on her. I suppose that's why ONE diet doesn't always fit all either. I can't eat alot of carbs because I want more and more! I am starving all the time and never satisfied. I remember one Saturday I was good all day, not hungry...satisfied and we watched a video. Well they made popcorn. I didn't want it. Then I said to myself, just a taste...then a handful...then I just grabbed the bowl and hunkered down. I wasn't hungry! I was like an addict! Maybe that's why I can't tolerate alcohol either. ???? I don't know. Hmmmmmm. I'm just doing some reflective thinking this morning because it's cold and I didn't want to take the little ones to church the morning. So I'm practically by myself.

I hope everyone had a great Saturday yesterday! Our pageant on Friday was so adorable! The little children sang off-tune and were sooo cute. The older children did a remarkable job! Steven played Handel's Messiah on the piano, doing a very good job. Of course, I taped the whole thing. Holding Marty (who was grabby and fussy) and trying to get Celine to sit still and not kick the camera. I only got one headless person and ran out of tape, at the last song with two lines to go but it turned out okay! Well, I better leave some room to post for the rest of you so I'll be back later.

Are you crampy today Crystal????????

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 10:41 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Crystal!
Soon.....! Have a restful Sunday!
Old 01-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls! Well today was weigh in day and I was at 209! Thats 3 lbs lost this last week! woo hoo!! My picture is up on the MLW site

I hope you all have a great day!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hi ladies. I'm actually getting alittle depressed because I'm getting desperate to have this baby. I always get miserably ready at the end, but I've never been this desperate. I've been reading on natural ways to induce and I know that she'll come when God says she's ready and I even prayed earnestly to God to let it be today. I don't want to take anything, herbal or not and then sex comes up as a great inducer. I'm sorry to say, but I don't want that either. I'm too uncomfortable and miserable.
I'm actually sort of bored too because we're just home with nothing to do. I'd go walking, which can help but it's like in the 40's out there and I don't want my kids out in it.
I guess I'll just hang in there and let it happen as it happens. My kids are driving me nuts, I actually thought that going to the hospital would give me a break from these kids, isn't that terrible? Has anyone ever been this depressed and miserable to actually go into labor?
I didn't mean to go on and on about it, sorry.
Michelle, wtg on those 3 lbs. gone.
I've got to feed my kids some lunch.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Well Crystal, sounds like you are close! I certainly have the reputation of becoming a grouchy ol' mama bear when I'm near the end! Yes, the hospital sounds tempting, but those people won't let you rest either! Every two hours, temp. blood pressure and check! I would have liked to rest more there too! I just wanted my own bed. Mention the depression to your doc. because it might intensify after the birth. You don't need to be a weeping new mother when you should be happy. Sometimes it all feels very frustrating and overwhelming at first. Do you have help? Do you have at least 1 weeks worth of meals in the freezer? Can you have someone babysit so you can rest whenever you want? Do something you can do right now that will get your mind off of being miserable. Make out your birth announcements, just address the envelopes without putting all the info inside that would save time. Plan some fun sibling things for the other children so they will be excited for "our" baby to come home. You sound very,very close to me. Hope this is over with soon. I feel for ya!
Old 01-16-2005, 04:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hello ladies!
We actually made it to church today then went to my Mom and Dad's for awhile. My Mom (bless her heart) usually buys bagels to have for lunch, but I can't eat all those carbs and calories, so today she made some soup. It was yummy, too! I've been eating a lot of soup lately since it's so cold here. (nothing like what you ladies in Minn and Montana are experiencing,though.. brrr...!!!)

Penny - good luck on the weigh in. I know you've probably already done it, but good luck anyway.

Michelle- 3 pounds! That is awesome! Good job!

Crystal - Hang in there. I remember feeling the way you do. Now that I am not having anymore kids, that pregnant feeling is such a distant memory. The kicks, the hiccups, even labor and delivery. Then when they are babies they are so sweet. You are blessed with this baby. I know that's not much consolation. Try to focus on all the joy you will have when you finally see the face of this baby. I agree with Roxy - don't forget to mention the depression to the doctor.

Roxy - yep, I can't have Splenda. I am glad I can still tolerate Nutrasweet, but I am trying to cut out some of those artificial ingredients from my diet as much as possible. I still use a little sugar in my coffee and on my oatmeal. I suppose I could save about 50 calories if I switched to Equal, but I figure I get enough of that in my Diet Coke addiction. LOL! You know, I also can't tolerate alcohol. It's weird, sometimes I really crave a glass of sangria or a dark beer, but I always regret it after I drink it. Oh well, my crazy body chemistry knows what's best.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I feel really happy and uplifted today. Our pastor gave a great sermon about connecting with people and it really hit home. It's hard for me to reach out since I am basically a shy person. I'm glad to have this group.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #10  
I'm a homeschool mama

Thanks you ladies for your words. The "depression" I'm speaking of isn't really depression. It's just feeling sorry for myself. I have a "thing" with depression. Don't really agree with it and definately don't buy post partum depression. I think with God in your life you can't be depressed. I know, I know. Not many people agree with me on this and I'm not starting anything but that's my view of it all. I'm only "depressed" in which I mean distraught and frustruated with nothing happening. We've got so much going on and I'm ready to get one more thing out of the way to focus on the others. I've been getting bored with my same ol routine and I'm ready for something new.
Anyways, I totally appreciate what both of you have to say to me. I started walking around my house. I have a circle, you know a wall dividing my kitchen from my livingroom so it's a circle. I've started pacing it and it does help something progress, don't really have full contractions, but some kind of cramps.
Okay, gonna get up and walk some more. The kids are looking at me like I'm crazy.
TTYL
Old 01-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone, I've been lurking around. Having some to do here and that;s why I haven't posted. I just have to say something about your post Crystal. I am generally a happy person, but after Patricks birth and the year and a half to year and a half, I never felt so up and down and seriously depressed! MY husband was so worried about me a few times that he come home from work. He would call and find my crying my eyes out and I couldn't even figure out why. Hormones in your body if they are not the way they should be can cause all kinds of things. like PMS can but much worse and even worse than that for some. You don't expect it, it just is and there is not much you can do about it. When you feel so bad that you wish you would be swept away into the ocean then it's bad. I'm not talking suicide either. Just dissapearing. So please don't say you don't believe in Post pardum depression. You haven't been there and I hope for your sake it doesn't happen to you. IT's like someone elses pain, you can't imagine there physical pain unless you've been there yourself and even then, pain is different for all. And by the way, GOD is in my and my families life and thats how I got through it. Just because god is in your life doesn't mean you don't break a leg or have a heart attack. But he does help you get through it. I prayed every day for his strength to get through the tough time. And I believe that's why I am here today a survivor of Post Partum Depression.

SOrry, I know this was long, but it is a touch subject and I had to speak out on my behalf as well as others who suffer from this Medical condition.

Last edited by melmcc99; 01-16-2005 at 06:09 PM.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Great post, Melissa. You know God is there to hang onto when life seems to be so hard. (I promise I won't start quoting Scripture, but that's what He says), but He also gives us people in our lives to help us. I know this for a fact.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #13  
I'm a homeschool mama

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes and I know that everyone has their own thoughts. After Alisa, I did spend a few days crying my eyes out especially when dh had to go back to work and I was going to be home alone with a new born baby for the first time. However, I never thought that to be depression and I do know that you can have those episodes. During my middle trimester with this pregnancy I had some major low times. I finally broke down in the bathroom floor with the door closed and locked and all the kids banging on it. So I've had my times, but I don't like to blame the bad things we do on depression...like these mothers that kill their kids and blame it on depression. I don't buy that. I do know people can be saddened and feel lost, I just don't like to use it for an excuse for the things we do.
Again, I'm sorry for saying those things, but we do all have our own opinions.
Well, walking hasn't done much, so now I'm cooking dinner. I'll check in later. TTYL
Old 01-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Depression does exist and I have it. I had PPD with Kayla and Nicole. Nicole was the worst. I never completely got over it. I too went through the "escape" thoughts and crying bouts and told everyone that they'd be better of if I were just not a part of the family...that I should just leave. I had a ton of days when I'd call my husband at work, crying hysterically, and telling him I just couldn't take care of the kids. My sister had to 'babysit' me! It doesn't matter if you have God in your life or not. He made us fallible and with feelings. God experiences sadness too. Sometimes its harder for others. Our pastor just got back from a 4 week "journey" after he woke up one morning and just couldn't go on. He was diagnosed with depression and extreme exhaustion. My mom is a victim of depression too. SHe is the greatest Christian I know but since my stepdad died...she hasn't been the same. She cries and gets upset easy. Somethings do get overwhelming for reasons not known to us...some are chemical imbalances, hormonal, or situational, etc. We can't control it. Depression is soo real. I'm with Melissa on all this. I've been there too. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions...but I sure do NOT wish Post-Partum Depression on anyone. To feel that hopeless is one of the worst feelings in the world.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay..I can agree on that oneCrystal. I don't believe that anybody should be harmed because someone is depressed or having a bad day. Even if you are depressed, you still have a conscience and can deferenciate between wrong and right. If its that bad...then a person does need to just walk away. I couldn't even imagine hurting my children, even on my lowest low or worst day. I would leave before I let that happen.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote