Old 01-16-2005, 07:39 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Chit Chat #105

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies Club.

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 08:21 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good Sunday morning to you!

Julie - glad the deal with London is over. It did seem kind of rushed for such a big decision. About the food - ewww! I believe I'd either get the money in exchange for the gift card, or just toss it. If the manager doesn't care about things like hairs in food, what else doesn't he care about? Who knows what all goes on in that place! Good luck at weight in today!

Ellen - well, if you're gonna do the housework, pack your bags, and I'll pick you up later today, lol. Hmmm, surely there has to be a better doctor in your area? Ask around... maybe there are even some new ones. All that talk makes me want to send my doctor a thank you card, or something, lol. She's so good about spending time w/each patient.

Marti - any news about the baby yet? I highly doubt that Sarah is a better scrapbooker than you. Your pages are gorgeous!

Angie - you'd be great in the play. Especially a comedy like that. Good for you standing your ground, Ang. Depending on what it is, I'm pretty good about that, too.

Cristi - hope you're staying warm, and curled up with a good book.

Mindee - I bought all the DGDs glow-in-the-dark PJs and they are so cute! Mary said now that the twins share a big bed, there's a lot of giggling going on. I can just hear them, can't you?

Well, I woke up to a bunch of snow this morning! It's beautiful, and I can see a snow angel in my near future, lol. The soup I mentioned sounds even better on a snowy day.

I bought the newly released Mary Poppins DVD and one called Benji, Off the Leash. Ann - is Benji a cairn? Anyway, now I need to get some DGD over here to watch them with me.

Have a good day!!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  
PamPSM644

It's another day. I'm watching "Sunday Morning" on CBS. It's my favorite news program. They have snipits on everything and interesting commentaries. They just showed a camcorder thats so small it fits in the palm of your hand.I feel like a dino. I'm still struggling with the pc and I have a pedometer I can't figure out yet.

Julie, I'd love to visit England but I heard thier food was bland and high in carbs. Now I hear it's also hairy?

Marti,When I went to the craft store I saw books on making scrap books.Wow,I had no idea they could be so ornate and complicated.I think it might be fun to do one of my favoite pictures.

Jane,love Mary Poppins. I've got 3 movies here to watch. Troy,King Aurthor,and The Incredibles. My son said Troy was very good and he hadn't realized how the Greeks were still so influential even today.I like the movie already.

Ellen,it's so cold there.Kudos to you for your little safe house for kitties.It's a hard world for those who have no voice.Animals or children.

Angie,I to applaud a strong backbone.Thats one good thing I got from my abusive x .The abitlity to stickup for myself.A favoite phrase is "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Mindee,Cristi,whats up with you today?

PS; I'm back. Where is everyone today. Must be sleeping in or at church. I've had my walk and about to do some laundry. Catch you later.

Last edited by PamPSM644; 01-16-2005 at 12:44 PM.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:44 PM   #4  
Closed

Good Morning Everyone
Hi Jane I am standing in the driveway so if you could hurry its a tad cold out here,I didn't mean to get started on the doctor , but when Angie said she'd be peeved I just let it all out When My doctor of 30 plus years retired , I didn't have a family doctor for almost 10 years,all of my medical files were transferred to this male doctor, who I myself didn't like nor a lot of my retired doctors other patients, so we all looked elsewhere, finally this one was recommended to me. This particular doctor was among a group of doctors who are all in some kind of group, where they all cover for each other on different occassions, and because the doctor I didn't like was in this group, she told me she would never obtain my medical records from him, so he wouldn't know.that she was taking me on as a patient,I thought that since I had such an extensive medical background , that didn't seem very responsible . Any how like I said Doctors in this area are impossible to find and chances are good they are all in these groups now.I remember my first visit with her and she laid out the I don't do this I don't do that list, right down to don't run to me for a cold or sore throat unless its serious. I walked out of that first appointment disallusioned and not liking her very much.It was probably three years till I went back for an app. opting instead to go to medimerg for anything that came up , until something I went to emerg for required
being followed up my doctor , so I had to go in, she asked me that day quite abruptly if I had been seeing another doctor. She has her occassions when she's extremely thoughtful and patient and does sit with me,but she also has her moods when you want to crawl out of her office, and many times I have left in tears. The last time I was just irritated.Any way I will stop ranting about this ,its Angies fault she got the blood flowing,in my brain, and considering how minute it is , it was a quick to respond. I certainley agree, that if your lucky enough to find a good doctor, its wise to appreciate, them, because they seem a rare breed, now adays its how many you can pack in and how quick you can shove them out , its all about the money.I think I will send your doctor a card Well Mrs Jane I stood in the driveway for quite a while ,but you never came , possible car trouble or might you be snowed in ,I guess I will unthaw and make my own soup this time,but I know you tried , you wouldn't deliberately leave me standing in a snow bank now "would you".I hope you enjoy your movie, I just ordered a book I have been looking for that sold out everywhere its a combination of Little Women /Little Men/ and /Joe's boys. coming out in March . I have always loved the movie Little Women, and watch it every time I get the chance.but didn't realize there was the two followup books , must have been in a cave or something.I also think It will be a nice book to hand down to my grand daughter when I have one some day now thats wishful thinking isn't it.Anyway have a lovely day with you wee ones, you are such a sweet Grandma.
Hi Pam
I am glad you have found your new favourite show to watch,Your doing fine on the computer , it takes a while to learn,but I do hope you find your pedomiter. Anyways have a great day and did you and your son discuss calling the authorities,would sure give you peace of mind just knowing that it has been reported,
plus the individual in question and you, know that its on record should anything occur , anyway it might just be enough of a deterent for this guy to stay off your property,and away from you.You shouldn't be having Taco bell anyways not good for you

Hi Mindee:wave
Son born August 27, Daughter January 25, I call mine the M&M kids since both have names beginning with M ,so I always say like the commercial ,one plain one with nuts so I understood the inside joke well I hope your little family is having a nice day today.
Mrs Cristi
Where are you,???? Don't you know we have important issues to discuss
Hi Susan
You did check your whereabouts didn't you, If you need help getting out of Russia, let me know . if you need money for a ticket home you could always pawn the ring, Hope you and Gaby are having a fun day.
Hi Marti
Do we have a nephew yet, Aunti Ellen sends Hugs and Kisses,Hope all is well ,I hope you finally got the Baby Boy Recipe, let us know when the little angel arrives.
Hi to Everyone Else. I'm hungry so I am going to hunt me some viddles , but I will be back to check up on you girls as soon as I fill up my tum. meanwhile have a nice day.

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-16-2005 at 12:49 PM.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Girls....

I popped in here for a minute (about 20mins ago) and the site was down for some updates! I started to e-mail you all....then decided to check here again and what do you know? Site was back up!!

Angie--So what are you going to exchange the ring for?? Have you decided? What did the ring look like? I would love to get an eliptical.....hmmmm wonder what I have laying around that I could take back and get one..... How sweet of Monte to have gotten you a piece of jewlery for christmas! You must keep us posted on what you decided to get. I think I would like to have you around when I go out to eat! OR---when I go parking my car!

Mindee--Ahhhh....I didn't realize that Tommy didn't get that job. For some reason I had thought he had gotten one already. A Spring "06 baby sounds like a great idea. That way you have lots of quality baby time with Brandon. My sister (who still hasn't called) is having her 2nd baby.....A boy, her first is a girl and her birthday is on the 21st of this month. So their birthdays will be a week apart! And she did the same...Briana will be turning 2 this week. So two years difference is good. Jhanai was born on June 21. Her brother was born April 30th. (I know you didn't ask me, but I thought I would pipe in and tell you when mine were born)

Ellen--I had no idea that you were treated that way with your doctor! You shouldn't be pushed around like that! So take Janes advice and pack your bags.....I think you're going to the Farm!! You mentioned that you have a gazelle....do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one (it's cheap) sometime in the near future. I used to have a Total Gym 1000, but we sold it to a friend of ours. We never used it...it was too heavy to move or pack up and put away and if we left it out...it was always in the way. So we got rid of it.

Jane--You must get a photo of you and the DGD making snow angels together!! I can't believe all this snow. I guess Nevada has about 6' of it! Too much. I loved Mary Poppin's....never was a huge Benjji fan but it was ok too. One of my favorite Disney movies was Pollyanna. I'm still wanting to get that movie. Have a fun movie day with you DGD's!

Pam--My sister had talked to me about Scrapbooking a lot before I actually started doing it. I thought it was too much time involved. But one day I had decided to do a weightloss scrapbook and when I did my first page.....it had nothing to do with weightloss! And I was hooked. I love being able to create a page. It's fun and can be very relaxing. You should try it once......you may have a new hobby if you do!

Hello to Cristi, Susan, Katy, Julie, Katie, Sue, Ann, and I'm sure I'm missing someone....not intending to....Good morning to you all!

Well, I left a message w/my BIL to call me when my sister has that baby of hers......still haven't heard from them. I hope she didn't have any difficulties. I may hear from her this afternoon. She waited until the afternoon with Briana.

Other than that...not much on the agenda for today. But Jhanai is needing me right now so I better get off of here. You all have a great day.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #6  
PamPSM644

Ellen,you sure have had trouble with Doc's but I know what you mean. As a Doc's daughter I judge all of them by him.He believed med students should be required to take courses in Bed-Side-Manners. Until he died I went to him for all medical advice.He was a more attentive Doctor then he was a father.

Yes,Eddie's talked to a friend about putting up a good fence back there and I think I will talk to someone about that guy on Monday.He's just to creepy.

Are you just discovering Louisa May Alcott? She's wonderful. My 5th grade teacher set aside some time everyday to read a chapter or two of her books to us though out the year. It's one of my best school days memories.She should be required reading for all girls.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:10 PM   #7  

Hello gals...

Sarah called me about half an hour ago......Lucas was here by 7:00 last night. He weighed in at 6lbs. 13oz. I won't be able to take Jhanai to see him today since she has a little cold. I don't want her to be around a newborn while she's sick. So I may stop by after I take Jhanai home.

Just wanted to stop in and update you all.

May check in later on...
Old 01-16-2005, 03:14 PM   #8  

Hey all
Just wanted to check in before going to get a workout in!! Lost 1 lb last week!! Not what I wanted to see, but somethings better than nothing..All I can do is try a bit harder this week!!DBF bought a chocolate cream pie last night, I told him he better finish it off soon, cause I dont need those kind of things lying around....
Went to Petco today to buy scruffy and max new name tags....We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow tonight, so I had to go stock upon rock salt as well!!
Hope you are all having a good Sunday, its back to work tomorrow already!! Ughhhhh...
Hi to all
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:19 PM   #9  
Closed

Ahhh Marti

Congratulations Aunti Marti, I hope Mommy and Daddy and Baby and The whole family are doing well, Babies are such a precious gift(((, Love and Hugs to all)))I love the gazelle its fun to do, dosen't feel like exercize ,but it works very well, I just need to get some motivation that I have been lacking of late, but I would say try it for sure.
Pam it sure feels that way of late, anyways, never had any problem before, I think some of them have their priorities a little mixed up.,I just want the medical care I deserve and if it takes up a little more time than the guy before or after me, so be it, Thats what they are their for , thats why they do what they do , is it not.If I don't need their medical care ,I sure as heck would rather be anywhere else., maybe on vacation where they always seem to be.I am beginning to get a bit irritable, about the whole issue beit animal or human care,medicine is not a 9 to 5 job and if thats all they are willing to put in they are in the wrong profession. I also realize that its hard to balance a family life , with the obligations and responsibilties of being a doctor but this was their choice of profession and when I need help I expect them to be there.NOTHING MORE , NOTHING LESS,.Thats all I gonna say, cause I may explode. I am Very familiar with Lousia May Alcott , I just wasn't aware of her Little Men and Jo's boys, I have watched Little Women for as long as I can remember and read the book when I was young, as a matter of fact I gave my neice Little Women for Christmas.So Glad your son is putting up the fence for your protection , but do call the police a fence won't keep out this guy if he's trying to get to you.
Jane~ Please come and get me, I need a vacation , I will cook ,clean , make snow angels with you anything just get me to your farm before I end up in the funny farm
CRISTI WHERE ARE YOU
Julie congratulations a pound is a pound , so don't be to discouraged, sometimes its slow at first, but I know what you mean about the treats they make it extremely hard when they are there. any ways don't work to hard ,just hard enough, have a great day
I need a rest , I have given myself a headache from all this venting I prefer not to use my brain this much if it isn't required, I'm short on brain matter as is, need to save some for the next 50 years

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-16-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:48 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Ellen - I'm sending a limo for you since it's just too cold for me to get out, lol. There are refreshments in the back, with lots of truffles and champagne.

Marti - yay about the new little guy! Welcome to the world! Does Pollyanna star Haley Mills? Now that my treadmill has died, maybe I should get a Gazelle, too. Where did you find one on sale?

Pam - clip the pedometer to the waistband of your pants, in front of your leg. The one I got is a cheapie from McDonalds, and it works fine. It's amazing how fast the steps add up! I haven't used it for awhile, but did last summer.

Julie - yay for the pound down! Neal says our garbage disposal eats better than we do from all the stuff I put down it, lol. Chocolate pie wouldn't have a chance around here, lol.

About the only thing I did today was finish my book, The Passion of Chelsea Kane by Barbara Delinsky. It's in paperback at Walmart, and a good read for a winter's day. It's so cold, and with an Alberta clipper coming through the high tomorrow is supposed to be about 5 degrees. Brrrrr!!

Stay warm, and I'll talk to you tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2005, 09:57 PM   #11  

Hello gals...

Well I've discovered that there is no school for kids tomorrow due to MLK day. Now....why didn't they have that day off when I was a kid?? Anyway...I walked into Jhanai's room and told her to call her dad and tell him that I will take her home on the way to work tomorrow. So she gets an extra day with me! (or night which ever you want to consider it)

Pam--Just as Jane said....clip the pedometer to your pants and forget about it. Then after the day is over you can see just how many steps you take! I used to walk constantly when I worked at Sony.....now at OML...I'm always on my butt! But I plan on getting my pedometer out and putting it on anyway. It's nice to see what I've done in a day.

Julie--A pound gone is fantastic. After a year...all those little pounds off will add up!! So hurray to you for losing that pound! I gained a pound back......did you give me yours?

Jane--Do you have a Shopko in your area? That is where I seen the sale at. Today's Sunday paper had a sale for the Gazelle for $89. They also had a manual treadmill for the same price. Not sure how often they'll have sales for those (since I can't afford one right now) but I hope it's often enough that I can get one by Spring.

Well....I've been playing around with my scrapbooking page of Jhanai when she was about 2. I had forgotten how long her hair was when she was that little. (It's long now...but at 2 it's amazing how much hair she had!) It was down her back and almost to her butt. Anyway...about my page....I have it all layed out, the only thing I need is a poem or some journaling....I'm so slow at figuring out what I need to write on these pages!! (can you imagine if I HAS to write a book?!) I will post a photo as soon I finish though. I love having the bigger pages now. So much space and less cutting time.

Anyway....which brings to mind----

Ellen--You are the poet on this thread....have any thought to a poem for a picture of a little girl wrapped in blankets getting ready for bed???? I could use all the help I can get. (I usually go online and find poems.)

Just wanted to pop in again and see how everyone is doing. Hope you all had a great weekend. To bad it's almost Monday!!

Talk to you all later
Old 01-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #12  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Jane I'm ready and waiting but the limo really you shouldn't have,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My bags are packed
And ready to load
They are on the curb
Right next to the road
I'm so darn excited
My britches might burst
Thankful I paid respects
To the ladies room first
I brought everything
That I needed to stay
My jammies , my pillow
For my head to lay
My toothbrush, my comb
And a good book to read
And everthing else
That I thought I might need
I packed my long undies
To play in the snow
My touque and my mittens
Are ready to go
Oh Kisses and hugs
From granddaughters are yummy
Warm soup ,apple crisp ,
To help fill up my tummy
I'm so looking forward
To the fresh country air
I just can't believe
That I soon will be there
Now if I should awaken
And this is all just a dream
It will still be
The most beautiful place
That Ive been

Marti thats almost to scary what timing I will find one for you,
Marti did I misunderstand , did you want me to write you a poem for a picture
you haveand how old would this little sweetie be,

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-16-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:35 PM   #13  
Closed

Marti how is this,if not what you had in mind I will try again
~~~~~~ANGEL DUST~~~~~~~~~~

Your blanket is soft as the new fallen snow
So cozy and warm , as a firefly's glow
A pillow so soft ,as a baby birds down
All ready for bed , in your pretty nightgown
Wrapped up so snuggly ,with a blanket so warm
You crawl into your bed, to sleep until morn
Eyes ,slowly close ,as your tucked in with Love
Angel dust falls from the heavens above
It sparkles and glitters,and rests on your eyes
The stars shine so softly ,far up in the skies
You drift off to sleep ,till a new day will dawn
And you will awaken a beautiful swan

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-17-2005 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:31 AM   #14  

Ellen--You are SO talented!! I love the poem. It's for a picture of Jhanai getting ready for bed. (she's in my bed.) I will try and post a photo of it soon. She's about 2 1/2 in these pictures.

Thank you so much! I think I'll use the one here!
Old 01-17-2005, 02:01 AM   #15  
Closed

Hi Marti
I gave it another try, its kind of late so I don't know , if you like it maybe you can use on another picture,
~~~Jhania's~~~
~Moon Beams~

Sweet as an Angel
In her mommies bed
There is no where else
she'd rather lay her head
ALL tucked in tight
So filled with Love
As the angels dance
On the stars above
Its time to sleep,
So she closes her eyes
As her Mothers heart fills
with such joy inside
My precious angel
goodnight ,sweet dreams
as she drifts off to sleep
so still she seems
but I know that somewhere
inside her dreams
she is happily dancing
upon the moon beams

Last edited by Tea Rose; 01-17-2005 at 02:13 AM.