South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #1  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Default I ate a whole pita on PHASE I - now what?

So I went and ordered a chicken kabob from a local greek join to take home. It always come with a piece of warm pita, but I told them no pita. When I got home... there it was. And I just wanted it so bad... and it was so soft... and I ate it. I felt horrible for doing so...

How far do you think that set me back?? I've been working about and following phase one so strickly... I'm on day 11.

Do you think it will come back to haunt me?

It seems like Saturdays are tough for me. Last saturday was tough too.

Lisa
Old 01-16-2005, 03:28 AM   #2  

Lisa, your weight loss has been superb.

You ticker speaks volumes for the effort that you have put into your health. While I am sure that the pita wasn't great on phase 1, you will survive. Just simply chalk it up to a lapse in your motivation, be kind to yourself and then move on. Guilt contorts us so badly and it is important to acknowledge the feelings but not dwell on it.

So why are Saturdays bad for you? Is there anything that you would like to talk about?

Wishing you positive thoughts,
Marianna
Old 01-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Lisa, Marianna is right... just move on, hon. It won't make a huge difference (but ummm... don't keep doing it. heh heh) in the grand scheme of things.

Perhaps you need to really plan ahead where Saturdays are concerned. Spend some time during the week writing down what you can have, and shop for good snacks/food so that you won't feel deprived.
You're doing great... keep it up, girl!!
Old 01-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #4  
~*~Tara~*~

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5' 7"

This far along into P1, I don't think you've done any lasting damage. By this point, your body is probably finished with the detox process.

So long as this didn't lead to a major binge eating of bad foods, you're fine. Be extra careful today and drink some extra glasses of water to fight against any bloat you might experience.

And next time, check your order before you leave the Greek joint.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:33 AM   #5  

And remember, when you order it on phase 2 you can get it without the pita and have a whole wheat pita waiting at home for you to eat with it. I had one stuffed with eggs and veggies for breakfast and it was so good.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Next time, check your order. If the pita is in the bag when you tell him to leave it out, throw it at his head and yell, "YOU eat it!!"
Old 01-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #7  

Ellis, you crack me up!

Nally
Old 01-16-2005, 08:51 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis can be a bit extreme. I've seen it happen! She marches on Parliament Hill and stuff like that!
Old 01-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Thanks girls... sorry I didn't respond sooner... I didn't log in yesterday at all. Besides the pita I followed Phase I to a T. I exercised 6 days for an hour each time... but I'm up two pounds???? I'm so disappointed.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #10  

Don't get discouraged, Tilley! I was down on Saturday and Sunday and up two pounds today. I know that I didn't drink enough water yesterday and that it will go back down. You may be retaining water too. I weigh daily but I look at the overall trend and only use the daily amount to remind me if I didn't drink enough water (or ate too much salt).
Old 01-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #11  
~*~Tara~*~

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5' 7"

Don't be discouraged by the 2 lb. gain, Tilley. It is most likely a bit of water retention from the pita. Also, since you've been exercising steadily the last two weeks, you've probably gained some muscle. Start taking measurements in addition to weighing yourself. THis creates a more accurate reflection when you are gaining muscle. As long as the inches are going down, you are on the right track.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:27 AM   #12  

Default A message to Tilley

Tilley,

OMG! What an inspriation! I'm a newbie here (this is my first post - though I've been a lurker for a few days now) and I noticed your weight loss and WOW! I am 5' tall and now at my heaviest at 150 pounds. My prior weight (before the birth of my daugher who is now 17 months) was 130 - still a bit on the chunky side. After taking anti-depressents 12 years ago, I went from 104 pounds to 145 in a matter of a year and haven't been able to get it off since! Anyway, just looking at your numbers is really inspiring me to stick with the SBD. I am now on my 6th day! Like you, I had a problem with Saturday. My dad took me to eat at my favorite Mexican resturant and I ate 2 tostadas - w/o the shell, but still...it had refried beans All I've been eating is tons of veggies, chicken, and tuna, but need a little kick in the pants to get my water down. Anyway, do you have a journal? I'd love to read about your weight loss! I kinda feel hopeless at times and destin to to be fat.

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:35 AM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Thanks Barb and Tara... I feel a little better. I'm get on my water right now and hope those extra pounds fall right off.

Berlin, no I don't have a weight loss journal. But my story goes I've been big all my life. From elemetery school on to college. Finally 4 years ago I said enough is enough and joined WW for the 3rd time. 3rd times a charm. I lost 95 pounds. I maintained for a year, and last year gained 15 back. So time to nip it in the bud. I'm still on Weight Watchers but thought I could use a change to kick start my weight loss so I just went on SBD. I lost 6.4 pounds the first week... so that's good. I have 14 more pounds to lose to be at my goal weight, hopefully in time for my wedding!

Lisa
Old 01-17-2005, 12:14 PM   #14  

Tilley,
Your weight loss is inspiring. You can get past a little glitch.
Old 01-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #15  
Gotta move my Thang!

Tilley, don't sweat it! You are doing so well, and you were pretty close to the point where you would be adding the occasional carb serving back in anyway, that there's not much damage you could have done. I'm sure you know from your earlier experience that your weight fluctuates daily, based on water consumption, salt intake, TOM, excretory status (ahem) ... all sorts of things can put you up or down. That's why you want the general trend to be downward, but not get too worried if a day or two are not steadily down. I understand you're probably extra anxious because you have a deadline (hooray!) but really, don't get too crazed this early in the game.

Berlin - somewhere down there you mentioned that you ate tostadas and ditched the shells, very good! You also mentioned that you thought refried beans were bad. Be aware that beans are not only allowed, but encouraged on Phase I - it's one of the best sources of good carbs out there and is high in protein as well. Where refried beans might be problematic is if they are made with off plan ingredients like lard. However, our local 'authentic' Mexican place makes vegetarian beans that are delicious, and they don't tell you they are unless you ask. When I eat at a Mexican place, I ask about the beans, and if the refried ones are not okay, often there might be black beans that are. I then order a side dish of beans, some chicken or other protein, and salad with lots of salsa if it's fresh. For an occasional treat I add guacamole. Don't be afraid to ask the counter guys or your server about what's in something, it's their job to answer that stuff for you!

Hope that helps, and Tilley to you! Keep your chin up!
Solarmama
Closed Thread