Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2005, 01:38 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Unhappy I lost my job

Well, after working as a secretary to the president of the company and the receptionist for over a year, my jerk-off boss decided to "lay me off". Supposedly the other man (he's the accountant) that works in the office is going down to very part-time because of health problems. So, my boss tells me that he decided, 2 weeks ago, that he was going to "lay me off" (fire me, pretty much) so he could hire someone to do the accounting PLUS what I do. He already hired someone else behind my back. Today, at 4:20 (4:30 is the end of the day) he calls me up to his office to tell me this. He said, "I know that you just got engaged and just got an apartment, but I had no other choice". I was in shock and the tears just poured out of my eyes. Yes, I've never done accounting before, but he could have at least TRIED to train me. For goodness sake's, I handle all of his personal and business bills and balance his checkbooks. I'll get unemployment and besides, I really hated it there. He was such a ******* to work for (excuse the language). He had no respect for me and treated me like crap. But, this means less money and I have my own bills to pay, besides bills for the apartment, grocery shopping, food for our kittens, etc.

So, I'm really hoping that this isn't going to ruin my plans. I've only been at this weight-loss/healthy eating for 6 days and I've been doing spectacular. I'm going to have so much free time on my hands now. I'm worried that I'm going to start eating more again, start putting myself down, and get really depressed. I'm bipolar, so that doesn't help. What should I do about keeping myself motivated through this awkward period?
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 01:49 AM   #2  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

So sorry to hear your bad news. But it very well may be a blessing in disguise. Can you treat this as your time to really focus on this project? You will have plenty of time to exercise, grocery shop the sales and practice cooking light. It's always very hard to lose a job, no matter what job it was or the circumstances, but try to turn this into a positive!
Good luck!
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:07 AM   #3  

Thanks Yes, I'm almost positive that it IS a blessing in disguise. I hated it there and was only making a pittance and my boss treated me like crap. Plus, it was just a very stressful environment to work in. So, I'm dealing with it pretty well. I haven't gotten depressed at all. It just came as a HUGE shock. I know I'll find something better, but it's so hard having to start all over again from the beginning. Ya know?
Old 01-15-2005, 03:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry to hear that The best thing you can do to not fall in to bad habits is to come to 3fc for support, whenever you are feeling weak come post! That's what I do, whenever I feel like gorging myself I just come and post
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:37 AM   #5  
singletrack chick

look at the bright side. if you haven't incorporated excercise into your life, this is the perfect time to do it. you have free time to look for a job and get in shape. take some you time, but certainly don't relapse. that would only make everything worse.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'd actually take the opposite approach on this and look at it as having LESS time. The first time I was laid off a job, I was a single mother. I was in tears about it until I realized that tears wouldn't get me anywhere. I worked harder at getting back to work than I had worked previously in the job I had been in. I went to every temp agency in town, took advantage of some of the free training at some of those agencies, took all their tests, knocked on doors, filled out applications, spruced up my resume, scanned the paper everyday, etc. Looking for a job can be a full-time job. And if you're busy looking for that new dream job, you're too busy to eat due to depression/boredom.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #7  

Thanks for the support guys!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:58 PM   #8  
losin' 1lb at a time :D

Someone already said use the free time you've been so rudely given as a fresh start. Divide your time between finding a job (make it your NEW job to find one) and making yourself happy & healthy.

Keep handling it day by day. It was probably was a blessing in disguise. Just keep going with grace and you'll do great.
McCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote