Old 01-14-2005, 07:34 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Friday Chat 1/14

Ok. It's cold out and they didn't cancel school. So being the loving, caring mom I am...I cancelled it for them. So my girls do not have to go to school today. And when the school asks why I'll tell them it's because it's too cold for man or beast to be out there. I mean come on. Water freezes in a HALF hour outside right now. We're at -25 w/the windchill!!! We're supposed to trust ancient buses to get our precious cargo to some ancient school? Nuh uh! Ok, enough. Another down side--the scale hasn't moved and neither has the fit of my jeans. Shouldn't it be going down at least a LITTLE during induction?? I gained back 1 pound I lost last week (so on Saturday will have to re-do my siggie AGAIN) and this is just getting downright frustrating!!!
Hope you all have a warm, safe day!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #2  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Good morning ladies !!
Brenda: I dont blame you for not sending them ! I wouldnt either ! The schools can be so moronic.I know its frustrating when the scale dont move. Boy oh boy I'm sure most of us know !!

I'm back to be with you guys again bc you women are THE best support forum I have ever been on. I hope to restart Induc. on Monday.

Talk to you all later.
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 08:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Brenda - I think you may be right...I don't think full induction will help me get back to LC'ing. So, I think I'm going to buy a good supply of almonds and berries for snacks. That way I won't keep going to the store for cookies and chips!!! I did much better yesterday. Instead of choclate I had a banana and later an orange. I know they aren't exactly LC, but at least they were FRUIT and not CANDY!

Welcome back fullfig! I remember you!!

MrsH - Thinking about you today. Hopefully Lindy's BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Lekker - That is so awesome that you got your visa and passport back so quick! You are definitely blessed as we all know that the government usually doesn't move like that!

Hello to all I missed. My goal to day is to eat healthy. Not smoke (I'm attempting to quit, yet again!, doing pretty good, this will be day 3). And not be too hard on myself.

Ok, off to work! See you later!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:09 AM   #4  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning everyone! I'm taking off today so that I can go to my DD's 5th grade awards assembly. BUT....I brought plenty of paperwork home from my classroom. Don't want to get TOO far behind!

Brenda: I feel your pain! The only thing I can suggest -- and this is from experience -- is to plan out what you day's food is going to look like and then split it up into 6-8 individual "mini meals." Whenever I do this -- eating every 2-3 hours -- it revs up my metabolism sufficiently enough to break the stall. Try it!

LoriAs: Great goal on the smoking. Been trying to kick it myself for YEARS without success. I'm pulling for you!

Mrs. H: If you don't have that little one today, we're all going to form an intervention group, come to your house, and pull her out for you! LOL

Have a great day, everyone! And Brenda, don't give up the ship!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:12 AM   #5  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Dawn: I don't know why I completely missed seeing you the first go around. But, as a teacher, I will second your opinion on the schools sometimes being moronic. Here in Arizona we can have temps over 110 and they don't even CONSIDER closing the schools! Hard to teach when your so busy wiping sweat off your body. LOL
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:20 AM   #6  
Head Princess

God, it's early! Good morning!

Brenda - Stay warm! Drink lots of water and keep on the exercise - you're on your way to a whoosh!!!!

Dawn - Hi! I don't think we've met yet. Welcome back to Atkins.

Lori - Welcome back! It's hard to get back in the groove, I know!

Lisa - Is Lindy here yet? Is she? IS SHE? I sure hope you're having fun with those ET miles!

Where's our little water chugging Rachel?

Well, yesterday was interesting. I woke up late, spilled my coffee in the truck, and forgot to bring food to work for starters. Not a great start to the day. I ended up eating McD's. Ugh!!! My car is currently in the shop getting a big scratch repaired and I found out yesterday that they're keeping it until the middle of next week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

As soon as I get the car back, I'm trading it in on a new one (hopefully!). The dealership has it holding on the back lot for me. Yippee!

So I'd had a bad day and was totally irritated so DH and I went to have a drink or two with friends. That was a mistake. We got there at six and by 10 I was gone! I have a vague recollection of DH putting me to be at 10:15 and him leaving for work. I was wide awake at 4:30 this morning so I just came into work. Weird. So here I am sucking on 3 shots of espresso and hoping my head clears soon. I'm so glad it's friday!

On the weight loss front, it turns out that when I said I weigh 135 now, I lied. I gained back more than I realized, but it's just too painful to post. The good news is that 5 pounds of it is already gone again. Yay!!!

Have a great day, everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #7  
Head Princess

Hi Paula! We were typing at the same time. I'm with you on the meal strategy. I do much better when I break it all out and just eat a little something every few hours. Have fun at the awards assembly!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:28 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies :d

I Miss You !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:51 AM   #9  

Default A- choo

Still congested and still not working out. I have bounced up two of the initial 7 I took off but am working on it. I found it really helps to have food prepared.

The NE Patriot's are playing on Sunday, so I am making Atkin-ese snacks, including a new LC chicken nugget recipe I found on Blaine's Low Carb cooking on Food Network.

LADY A - I am with you on the kids staying warm at home. Who knows it may cause the scale to drop, all that extra activity.

LORIAS- Keep up the nonsmoking efforts, just think of how much better you will feel and smell.

STAR PRINCESS - Glad only a scratch was getting fixed. Maybe they can clean up the coffee while they have it.

Hi Leenie.

Glad I only work half Fridays and Monday is a holiday for us. I hope - no plan - to do something constructive. today is errand day, shopping laundry and cleaning so we can have real family time.

I do have my knitting group coming tomorrow and am doing the knitting menu out of Martha S.'s Living magazine. I have to work around it to make it LC for myself, but my group all feels solidarity with Martha, after all SHE didn't steal anyone's pension fund!

Temperatures have hit 60 here but tonight it is going to go to the teens they say, no wonder everyone is sick.

Breakfast was a two egg omlet with spicy ham, delish, lots of water and I treated myself to a Pria LC bar. I try to stay away from them and use them for when I don't know where I will be for lunch like today.

Supplements are on track and I feel better when I am using them fully. The Vitamin Shoppe has a $10 off coupon with a $50 purchase by the end of the month, so I think I will stock up on some antioxidents, LC vitamins and fiber. What an exciting life I lead.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Hello Chickies!!!

Hope all of you are doing great!! I am late for work so just have time for a fly-by. Day 4 of induction and doing fine!! The Only day i am worried about is Monday cause it is my B-day. I usually get in the party mood.

HUgs TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #11  

Morning everyone. A little sluggish this morning.....too much wine last night. DH was at a meeting till around 10 pm....left to my own devices
He wasn't complaining though when I "bothered" him in bed

So I just called the gastro and now they want me to have an upper GI series to rule out Chron's. I think this guy is just trying to keep me busy or something. The test isn't until Feb 11th so I have time to think about it. Oh bother!

Sugar: I used to really enjoy Martha show and magazine myself....she is so anal I love it! It's like we were seperated at birth! Have a great time with the knitting group.

Leenie: Have a great day.

Star: I feel your pain You of all people know that that weight will be gone in no time! You rock at this plan!

Spedmom: Have fun at the awards ceremony.

LoriAS: What is it going to take to get us both back on plan? I think you have the right idea though....baby steps.

abnrmlisme: Welcome back! I don't know what I would do without these ladies...they are so easy to talk to!

Brenda: 25 BELOW!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my....we are warming up here in MA. It is warm, windy and rainy today...supposed to drop though tonight. I don't blame you either for keeping the girls home.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning All

Liza~ you've peaked my curiousity, Im going to check out Mr Blaine, and see what he's up to. Ive been trying new lc recipes just because I get so bored with the same thing every day. Keep us or me anyway informed on what recipes you try, and how you like them!

MrsH~Im thinking about you........I was actually looking at baby knitting patterns in ac moore the other night thinking about you.....and thinking I need someone close by to have a baby so I can knit something for them!!

Its been going pretty good, Im eating properly and even passed up the chantica party at starbucks last night. They have a new drink, basically its like a melted chocolate bar in a cup!! My will is stronger than my desire for chocolate at the moment....so I figured Id wait until I really wanted it, and then make it a special treat.

I think dh and I are heading to the IMAX this afternoon, Im not sure whats happening there...but I havent been to one before. From what Im told I should really enjoy myself.

BIG to everyone, have a great day!

Robin

Last edited by RobinH; 01-14-2005 at 04:40 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #13  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Whoa! Now, that is cold!! People or animals should not be out in that! Not to get too personal, but didn't you mention that TOM was here for you? If so, that could be causing the stall in weight loss. I know it always does for me. I might even gain a few pounds. But, once the darn thing is over, I lose it all, plus some.

Dawn: Welcome back! I missed you!

LoriAS: You can do it, Lori! It's SO hard to get refocused, I know. I've definitely been there.

Spedmom: Enjoy the awards ceremony.

Star: Sorry you had such a bad day yesterday. Hope today is much better. It has to be, it's Friday!

Leenie: We miss you, too!

Sugar: You've inspired me to get back to using supplements. I've definitely slacked off in that area.

TG: Great job! You're at Day 4 already! You can make it through this weekend and Monday.

Jane: I feel your pain with all the gastro-intestinal tests. They are definitely not fun. Then, after all the tests, I still have issues. There is no medicine that helps me.

Robin: Yeah! Great willpower!

Yeah! Today is Friday!

We are supposed to have a softball game tonight, but I'm not sure if we'll get it in or not. It has been raining here most of the morning. It's a coed league, and I'm a little nervous. I've always just played with girls. Guys can hit and throw really hard!

On Saturday, we're having a joint-birthday dinner at a Mexican restaurant for two friends. It should be fun. I love where we're going -- it's "in" downtown Tampa, but it's right by the water and so peaceful. You'd never know you were downtown.

Other than that, I don't have much planned. I really want to go shopping, though. I'm about to that point where I need a new pant size. Yippee!

Hope everyone has a great Friday! Happy Birthday, Lindy!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 01:33 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Dawn: I'll be sympathising with you on Monday when you're going through carb-withdrawals...but you can do it!!

Lori: If a little fruit helps keep you OP the rest of the time, why deny yourself? Like you said, it could be something a LOT more damaging!! Keep up the great work! Amd congrats on trying to quit smoking. If you need an ear just holler for me. I've been through it. It's tough! Are you doing cold turkey or w/help of something??

Paula: Have fun at your DD's award program!! I'm not sure how to break my meals into mini-meals. I really only eat 2 main meals and then small "snacks". Usually a piece of cheese (no, I'm not taking in too much. Already looked at that option) or a slice of meat. Maybe it's my body being stubborn, who knows. Thanks for the advice, I'll try and figure out how to split it further.

Star: Hope the expresso is helping with the fog. And you may not post your weight, but I'm sure this time next week or the next you'll be at your siggie weight. Besides. I've had to post MY amended weight MANY times. Only once for you isn't bad. You know you'll get that weight off in no time!!

Leenie:

Liza: I envy anyone that can knit. I can't get the jist of it. I can crochet though. I find it easier to deal with 1 needle rather than 2. I'm hoping to someday learn to knit though. Ya know, that reminds me, I have yarn I should use up the extras and new patterns for dishcloths. Oh man, I pity my family cuz they'll be getting them for Christmas next year.

TG: WOOHOO!! We've made it to day 4!!! Ok, so your birthday is coming up. If you can't make it LC, at least allow a small setback for the day and then jump right back on track. A very smart person told me...we've got to allow a "little" extra for special occasions. (or something like that)

Jane: Hope you're over being sluggish. I had too much "something" a couple weeks ago and MAN do I remember why I don't drink much Why is the test so far away?

Robin: Congrats on being able to pass up that chocolate drink! That took a lot of willpower and I give you a LOT of credit. Keep up the great work.

Jina: Sounds like you've got a great weekend planned. WIsh our weather was warm enough to go to a beach (if we had one around here that is ). I do have to venture out in a short while to get food. We'll be stuck in the house due to cold weather ALL weekend and I want GOOD food that I can eat!! Oh, TOM was last week so the effects SHOULD have been gone!! I'm hoping it was just the exercise and such that's making the weight not drop off. I FEEL great and can't figure out why I'm disappointed that the scale isn't saying what I want. I should just stay off the dang thing. Of course, if the jeans would feel loser I would be happier. I'm hoping to remember to check my measurements tomorrow after official WI.

Well, I'm off to finish my hair and then brave the cold. We need food (lettuce!!) so I gotta get it done. At least it's warmed up a little. We're at -17 right now.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:20 PM   #15  

I have a funny feeling that Lisa might be having a baby today!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote