Old 01-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #1  

Default daily chat for week of Jan 10-16

hey, no body to talk to?

come on, somebody must be home!!!

come out and play, OK?

dottie
Old 01-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #2  

It's monday evening, home from a long day at work...heated up leftover chinese forrd for MIL and some chicken for me. It's one of those nights that I just want to collapse... not physically tired, but my mind needs to watch idiot tv for about an hour to relax!

Not much really going on. I happily lost 3 lbs from being sick with a virus last week and have been trying to capitalize on it by eating SMALL PORTIONS and no junk. Even skipped my coffee for a few days. You know I had to be really sick!

the rest of the week will be tedious with work preparing for a hospital audit. Everyone is VERY tense...I am trying to get thru without getting too crazy or gaining weight. I just don't want to use food to calm myself or get energy or distract myself. I brought some nice tea and some sf yogurts to snack on.

that's it for me. just day by day. and today I get a gold star for no junk food, no candy, no cookies etc!

hope to see more of everyone this week!
dottie
Old 01-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am here busy as usual got 5 admissions in the last 5 days. so tons of paper work for me. UGH!!!!
eating fair but still trying to get OP and getting better passed McD's today!1 twice!1 not bad but that was only because of being too busy!

went outside for cub scouts and went down the stairs on my but I guess I will hurt like heck in the morning. but for now it is OK.

Kids are the same driving me crazy but what is new!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 02:10 AM   #4  

Quick Hi/Bye on my way to bed.

I've got to work on the boredom problem.....I made a pan of brownies cuz we were so broke & bored this weekend and it was raining and THERE WAS NOTHING TO DO. Then I proceeded to eat more (much more) than the one brownie I was going to allow myself. GOTTA come up with a rainy day plan.

Kel
Old 01-11-2005, 05:37 AM   #5  

tuesday morning-
I know what you mean Kel, I have been snacking on pretzels and crackers by the tv just from boredom...have to switch to carrot sticks or something like thatl

up early, trying to get to work early today. DS has cleaned out her closets and has some clothes that don't fit her and might fit me, so I want to stop there on my way home tonight. Her weight changes by many sizes quickly, she has 16's through 24's. I am between 14 and 16 and hope to find something that works. She is in her 24's but is walking 3 miles a day on her quest to drop down a bit.

I am still trying to EAT LESS FOOD!

that's my goal for today: eat less food.

this is hard, ya' know? well, off to the showers, and on with the day. I don't have internet access at work right now so I am trying to get here whenever I can. It helps!

have a good one,
dottie
Old 01-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #6  

You're right, Dottie, it DOES help. I wish some of our old friends would come back in the fold and get that help.

Good luck with the clothes quest at your sister's.

I ate taco salad for lunch and then Subway's spinich/chicken salad for dinner yesterday - but then had a small piece of cake at Bunco last evening. All in all not too bad considering all the table snacks there!

Gotta run - I've been getting in to work early lately and THAT has been helping with the finances. When you work on your shingle, if you're not working, you're not making money!

Kel
Old 01-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Hi gals it was a busy day today the sickies are getting a bit better ugh wat a time for the infection control nurse to be out of town. she is going to have a fit when she sees that r\tracking has not been up to her spects!1 I can not wait. I have tons of work but I am getting the hand getting fly lasy back in the house is making me feel a bit more in control now just to have a few min to get my work all done and then get everythign else done at work I should b e a really together person!! HA like that is going to happen.

Well I finally made the reservations for buffalo this weekend for the swim meet. the boys will startt soccer on monday and ben starts his bag pipe lessons on wednesday. OMG can this house get any more mixed up????
Old 01-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #8  

Hi all my old Low Carb Buddies! Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. It's so slow over at the WLS boards so I thought I'd visit you guys, but it looks pretty slow here too. Should I start some kind of drama to get these boards humming?

Later!
Chickadee (who now wants Brownies - thanks a lot Kel! )
Old 01-12-2005, 12:07 AM   #9  

Hey! My lil' Chickadee! What's cookin'? And, YES, please! start SOMETHING going on these boards (I just typed 'boreds' but that actually might be more descriptive!) I've noticed that WLS is slow lately also. Where the heck is that Peachie girl? She doing ok?

It sure is nice to 'see ya'! Looks like you are doing good with your weight loss! Congrats!

OMG, Sue. Buffalo, NY in January for swim meet! Brrrrrr! (I know, I know - indoor heated pool)

Dottie! Get that work computer fixed! YOu are needed here!

lol

Did good with eating today except for those darned toffee/chocolate covered pastashio (sp) nuts someone brought in! They were open on the counter in the lunch room and the bathroom key is in there so everytime you grab the key to go down the hall you HAVE to grab a nut - and OF COURSE you have to grab another when you put the key back! Sure hope they are gone by tomorrow.

Kel
Old 01-12-2005, 07:07 AM   #10  

mmmm...toffee and chocolate!

hey chickadee...nice to see you're doing well- are you getting in shape for spring training? yes, where is that Peach-eroo?

and other missing ones?

nothing new since yesterday. I am down 4 or possibly 5 lbs now...trying to have a few "snack" type lunches at work so I am not so hungry...then a light dinner. Last night I had leftover chicken and stuffing...carb-y, but I limited it to the amount of a frozen diet meal. Soup and spinich quiche for lunch, split up over 2 feeding periods. I am like a baby, feed me every 2-3 hours or I cry!

another busy day, but it goes fast. today I'll eat soup, a chicken breast with leftover broccoli and cheese sauce. I have a sf yogurt and a hb egg for b'fast. Let's see if I can get another pound to GO! I am running up the stairs now instead of using the elevator...

tiny steps, but I can live with that.

have a good one,
dottie
Old 01-12-2005, 12:15 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hello all chickies (chikadee too!)

I have been working full time on auction stuff for the 2 schools. We have both going with online catalogs and one possibly having an online auction. it has all turned into full time work and I am so out of practice for managing my time with all of this. I hope that the push will slow up a little before it picks up again.

The good news is that I am down a little bit. My hands are too busy and my mind is running to fast to think or get food.

The good news is that I am working on getting help by assigning funtions to volenteers. i need more but am happy to have some....

Kids are good. We have a bakesale friday so i have to bake tomorrow and send ALL of it out of the house.

back to work for me, just wanted to pop in and say hello... Chickadee, how are you doing and where are you in the grand total so far?
-L
Old 01-13-2005, 07:09 AM   #12  

it's thursday morning, just popping in to start the day right!

very busy at work, but like you L, it does help stop me from snacking...time goes by and I'm not thinking about eating! And I've been eating a little bit less overall. It back fired last night when I ate a small cheeseburger alone for dinner, very early...then went out to run errands. By 9 I was very hungry and snacked on hb egg, cheese and ritz crackers and diet coke before going to bed. Today I will eat a better dinner- then nothing afterwards.

Just doing a balancing act with MIL. she has some more dr. appointments and tests and possible gall bladder surgery, and she is not yet strong enough to be alone. I am counting down when we can take her home, I am really tired of this. I feel like I have learned a lot of lessons about taking care of myself. One of the biggest mistakes I made in preparing for her to live with us was to underestimate how completely the house changes when someone else is there. I don't have much "personal space" anymore, and end up still sitting and watching tv upstairs alone. If she needs to come back here another time, I will do more to make MY space more comfortable. This has been a rough journey. The good news is I am motivated to begin a few house projects that were put off while she's been here, but I am going to begin to arrange. We are putting in new windows, new stairs, and I am secretly thinking about the kitchen, shhhh... don't tell DH.

that's enough for me. I have to get moving and get to work!

have a good one!
dottie
Old 01-13-2005, 10:29 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

Ok I had several days from He**

If you have a weak stomach then do not read the next two paragraphs.

Let me start with yesterday. I started off with great intentions. I get to work and one of the residents that I have threw her dentures out in the garbage with the evening meal, well when she finds out she is totally inconsolable she (she did this last month and she cried for 4 hours straight until her son went dumpster diving and found the teeth. in about 15 min!!! (the were sanitized for several hours before we would let her have them)I know it sounds disgusting but it takes about 1 month to get new teeth and that was the only way that we could help her she does not have the mentality to realize and she just cries. And the son used to work for social services and have to at time do investigative work and go dumpster diving. He is also tqall and can reach ovedr the edge!! And the meal was of all thing hash and beets, and deviled eggs. (do not ask me how they got that combo) and she finally was happy)

Well to make a long story short we heard about how the son had to go diving to find the teeth and well I was not going to let that happen again. Guess what was for dinner Tuesday?? Hash beets and deviled eggs, and it was warmer and raining so I was not dealing with frozen garbage) and some body else had gotten there ahead of me and started to rip the bags open and did not do it neatly. I ended up climbing into the dumpster and trying to go through bags we could not reach from the edge. I did place cardboard on the trash but it did not keep it all out) and well as things happen I realized I was in trouble when where my knees were kneeling on the box and where the juice level of the OOOK was above the knee level I said enough is enough!! I bailed. I almost lost my cookies several times. When the son got there he also needed to look he found them right where my knees were and I almost killed him as he ended up getting the gold medal again.!!!! So all day I was so sick to my stomach I barely could eat and barely could stand any smells. I will add that I did get new clothes and threw my coat out!!

If you did not read the last you can start here!!

Today I was driving My DD2 car and it got stuck in the middle of in intersection I believe the fuel filter got plugged and was not clearing out. I was stuck!! I had many people yelling at me and swearing at me. I called 911 and cried I need help I am stuck in the middle of the intersection and can't get out!!! Finally after about 15 min they came to help me. I got pushed out of the intersection. I did go back after bowling to get my self out It did start but I am going to have it looked at in the morning!!! I am so tired of this!! Just when things are starting to go right!! It all goes to heck!!!

So I think I have had enough!!!

Well chicks I am going to bed!!!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:28 AM   #14  

oh , sue that really cheered me up! No matter what I felt was crappy about yesterday it doesn't match kneeling in garbage gook!

for me it was just being so busy from the minute I walked into the office til the minute i left. I was cleaning out and typing reports and policies and ran a long meeting and i don't know what else. The phone, etc. we are in countdown mode til a JCAHO audit the week of the 24th...Sue, you know how that is...

eating, although not particularly low carb, isn't bad. I have maintained 4.5 lbs weight loss this last week, a lot of yogurt, cottage cheese, canned soup, some oatmeal...and chicken and broccoli for dinner. I think it helps that I'm not cooking a big meal and just grazing during the day. maybe that's the key- keep busy!

hi to everyone else, kel, how's it going? still working extra hours? How are you doing without mel? I guess you've been seeing her often, but I'll bet the daily routine is different.

ruth, how are you? you don't have to write a book, you know. just a little "hi" would do!

others...?

yesterday and overnight it got really warm here (60) for January. There is this noisy wind blowing, it's weird. Then it's supposed to get really cold over the weekend. we've been lucky and not had too cold a year so far, and only had snow twice, briefly both times. But my mind is still on spring from this little bit of warm weather.

well, that's all I have to report! LOL
have a good one,
dottie
Old 01-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #15  

Hello all,

We've had a cold snap here with it getting in the low 30's over night. Yesterday was grey/foggy most of the day and it only hit 50 or so! Hey! Someone tell the weather gods this is 'Sunny California', will ya?

We are doing ok. Boys have been 'conditioning' with the baseball team all week and are pretty sore. I've been working long days (long for me) and just coming home and dieing on the couch after I throw some dinner together. I've got to get in a routine to fit in that new treadmill. Even if it is just 10 minutes.

I am doing ok now with Melis gone. Her Christmas visit was nice but she was very bored and missed the hussle/bussle (sp?) of S.F. She is taking an 'intersession' class (3 weeks of class everyday on Art History) so she headed back there on 12/31. I talk to her every other day or so. Funny but the boys and I have settled into our routines and somewhere along the line over the fall I stopped agonizing over her being gone.

Sue - OMG, what a day you had! I swear, it is always something at that place you work.

Gotta run and put my face on - have a great day all.

Kel