Old 01-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Meeting...

Hiya Ladies~

Was just going thru some of the old threads and came across the one about a get-together. Now I know last year wasn't feasible for some but some thought 2005 would be better. Now my question is...what is everyone's thought on the subject? Is anyone willing to try again for a meeting this year? Or are the west coasters going to have their own get-together and the midwesters have their own get-together?

Anyway, just trying to get a feel for what everyone thinks about it this year, if it will happen.

My thought is I would love to try and do this this year. Where? I have no idea. When? I have no idea. DD and I had planned a trip to the west coast this June, not so sure at this point that it will happen. I will have to wait and see as it nears because I had planned on having a job to save for it and as of yet that hasn't happened. But it is just the beginning of the year so there is plenty of time. I didn't want to use our savings as it is earmarked for other things-don't want to go broke ya know.

Wanna hear what everyone thinks...
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:14 PM   #2  
RosieKate

Great idea, Cristi...
We are planning a big remodel this year, so our travel budget is pathetically small. I mean, we are getting a yurt for a week on the coast in August and that's it...So I'm afraid I can't meet up anywhere that requires a major road trip or airfare....now get this expansion behind us and I'll be there...

if any west Coast JLs want to meet up in OR, I'm up for it
Old 01-11-2005, 02:17 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Cristi, yep, we JLs did say we'd get together this year somewhere. If I flew to KS, would you fly the rest of the way to OR w/me? It only makes sense to go to Oregon to save those JLs out there the expense of travel. On the other hand, it would be very expensive for Julie the rest of us to go SO far. Your state, Kansas, is right in the middle. Maybe it would be fairer if we met there? Whichever place we choose, if we plan it now, everyone could begin saving money and days off from work. How about in July or August before school starts again?

What do the rest of you think?

Katy - just now saw your post! Could you make it if you shared a room with someone? Airfare isn't TOO bad to KS, is it? We can do ultra-cheap meals....
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Katy - I checked w/Epedia, and the cheapest from OR to KS is $373 for a weekday flight. Not too bad for what you get, but sort of high if you already have other plans to pay for, too.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Meeting would be great. I wouldn't be able to travel this year due to no funds (new car kind of put a halt to anything)

But I would love to somehow meet you girls!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #6  
RosieKate

Thanks for checking, Jane...but I just don't think it can happen at this point. The house expansion is alot of DIY labor and DH is juggling summer school. I'm kind of in charge of keeping the kids occupied...or out of town visiting Grandma, kwim? We made an agreement over the holidays to put all this kind of stuff on hold until we had the remodel under control, so I feel like I can't pursue it for that reason. I agreed to put off a trip to celebrate our 15th anniversary and/or my 40th birthday...so I would be making DH feel real bad if I turned around and agreed to fly to Kansas..You are all great women and I know you will all understand my reason... and it is nothing personal... I just have to wait...
Old 01-11-2005, 09:58 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

I totally understand Katy and Marti, both! No problem at all, and for sure no hurt feelings!! We've got a lot of expenses, too, with Katie's graduation being the biggest one. <yikes> Not sure if I could pull it off, either, depending on when Terry and Gina decide to get married. Although they haven't asked for any help at all from us, we would want to be able to kick in a sizeable amount anyway.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:25 AM   #8  
GmaTo8

Ellen and Ann - both of you are in the East, too, as is Julie. How feasible is it for you to get to Oregon? Or the midwest? We've got Cristi, Mindee, Sue and myself here in the middle. Sophiegoren, too, when she joins us.

Angie, Susan, Kathy, Katiecat, Shanna and any others in the west - what do you think?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #9  
One day at a time

Hmmmm...

Jane~I think that would be great...but...always a but isn't there? If DD and I do happen to go (like I said it depends on the job thing) we had planned on driving as we were going to do and go several places and one of them being a stop over in Phoenix to visit my friend. This is (if it happens) going to be a girls very long road trip and we had planned on June after Fathers Day. I don't feel that V should finance me and DD's road trip since he can't come along. That's why it will only happen if I get a job so that is kind of really up in the air. And that is probably the only way I will make it to OR if we make our trip to CA.

As far as meeting in KS-to be honest I would definitely rather meet somewhere else, somewhere I haven't been. Unless of course anyone really wants to meet here and can. I would definitely suggest Kansas City as there is lots to do there, in KC, MO & KC, KS-lots to do. But anyway...I would like to see what others have to say. Looks like as of now the girls on the west coast can only get together in their state so....

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-14-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #10  
One day at a time

Thumbs up

*****bump*****
Old 02-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

I know I never responded to this one. I think a meeting in Oregon would be best for me. I couldn't afford plane trips anywhere......except Hawaii - lol

Maybe have 2 going on at the same time?? One in Oregon and one in the mid west or Canada??? Actually BC is beautiful...... I could drive there.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-14-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote