Old 01-11-2005, 08:21 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives #11 TUESDAY!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Stephanie, sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Roxy,
I know my kiddos rooms take DAYS to finish.... and minutes to destroy again

Chris,
Ok Chris my bil and sil are moving to Malmstrom Air Force Base in Great
Falls, Montana. Is this close to you or Michelle? or either????

Stephanie,
Hope ya love it here! I know I do C ya at the gym!

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #3  

Morning all!

Penny, are you going to the gym this morn?

Stephanie, Welcome, I'm Melissa...aka. Mel. SAHM of 2 ...Abigail age 4 and Patrick age 2. You'll love it here.

Chris, how are you feeling today?

Jeniqua, great job at the gym. I bet you feel great...or sore today.....

Jill, how r u and bayley this morning?

Michelle, how r u? Did you get the challange in yesterday?

Roxy, Hey Girl'!

Crystal, how ya feeling today?
Ok, I'm off to the gym this morning.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning everyone!!

For those who asked, my Curves appointment went great! I loved it! The 30 minutes went by so quickly, I couldn't believe it! I also found out that one of the instructors teaches an abs class each day! Woo hoo! I think I will attempt (LOL) that later in the week.

The kids are at school, the husband is at work, and I've got soup to make today - the WW tomato/cabbage soup and some chicken noodle.

So far so good today.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:42 AM   #5  
Jeniqua

GOOD MORNING LADIES! Today is going to be another great OP day. I stayed completely op yesterday except for I did eat 1 graham cracker but that's not as bad as eating the apple pie I wanted to eat. I think I did great yesterday, considering that TOm is here and normally I want any kind of junk food in my sight during this time...lol. I didn't go to bed until after 2 this morning so and I had to be up by 6:30 this morning! Needless to say I am beat. I am going to lay down for a little bit after I post here.

Roxy~ I know how you feel. I love a clean house but lately it seems like why should I clean? I truly believe that my kids must have radar or something because as soon as I get cleaning with one room they come right behind me and mess up. It's so frusterating sometimes. I know what I hate? I make sure my house is always clean but the moment it gets messy someone stops by to visit. Between watching kids and my own kids I feel like I never get a break from cleaning. At least you have older kids who can or will help you. Normally with DH on the road during the week I have to do everything but since he's home on medical leave it should be a little easier.

Penny~ Here's to a great OP day!!

Mel~ Girl, I am soooo sore..lol. The first week is always the hardest for me. My legs feel like jelly. I must admit that I always get such a rush out of working out at the gym and especially running. I can't believe I ran 2 miles again my first try! I haven't ran 2 miles in like 8 months(on a regular basis). I ran 1 mile, walked a bit and then ran the last mile. I find that when I run that I lose so many inches and weight quicker. I don't know how long hubby's out of work for yet but I know I will enjoy this as long as I can go.

Jill~ How are you and your family doing??

Crystal~ Hurry back from the dr's and let us know how it went.

Michelle~ How's your day so far?? Have a great OP day!!

Gretchen~ I am soo glad you like curves! I need to find an ab workout class . You're doing great!!! Let's make this another great day!!

Stephanie~ Welcome to the group!! I'm Jeniqua 28 SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4 and JT 2. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 6 years. As if that's not enough I also babysit during the day..lol. Have fun at the gym today!!

Chris~ How are you doing today girl?

Well I better go get some sleep so I can function today..lol. I'll bbl!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:45 AM   #6  
2BoysMom

I'm here...but we're all sick again. I'm so sick of being sick!!!
I need to get my crap together ladies. On Aug 30th I was at 205.5, now look where I am.
I told dh this morning and he was like "over 20 lbs??" since I went back to work. I told him it was because of all the stress of going back to work, getting the kids to the sitter, getting all their stuff ready ahead of time, all the food here at work, not having time to prepare good meals...we'll see if he'll pitch in more. I just need to stop! Also, since I've been sick the first time, I haven't been exercising much.
Sorry to not get personal AGAIN, but I'm at work this morning and wanted to check in.
Later, ladies.
Chubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:59 AM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Morning all.
Welcome Stephanie, I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of 3; almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, and Andrew 2; I'm due on the 1st of Feb with Allison. I joined before I got pregnant but stuck around afterwards and thankfully have made this one of the best and healthiest pregnancy yet. So glad you found us and hope you stick around here. Oh, I live in Texas where I homeschool and been married 9 years. Can't wait to learn more about you.

Hello Mel, Penny, Geri, Gretchen, Roxy, Jeniqua and all you other desperate housewives. I'll let you know how the appt goes as soon as I get back. Keep your fingers crossed that this baby is on her way down.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies...
Penny, Malmstrom is closer to my house. My sister was there for awhile when my BIL was in the air force. It's a nice base. My BIL got an honorable discharge so they are back here in Billings and he is a working as a director of information systems for some company.

Chubba, Don't fret girl. That weight will come back off. Sorry to hear you are all sick again. We seem to be catching every cold that walks by our house too.

Roxy, You're house sounds like it has the same "disease" that hits our house on a daily basis. I can clean and clean and 5 min. of children and its destroyed. It's like...what's the point?

Okay...I'll get personal with the rest later. I just looked at the time. I gotta get the van warmed up to get the kids to school....

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Crystal, keeping my fingers crossed for you and your appointment!!

breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #10  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

Good Morning Ladies!

First of all, let me thank all of you for the compliments on my pics I posted on Sunday night. I really do feel better and after seeing my pics it made that 40 lbs feel like it was never there....LOL!

Stephanie: Welcome! I'm Deana, sahm to Erik 16, Andrew 9, Matthew 7 and Abby 5. I live in Missouri and have been married to Scott for 6 years. You're gonna love it here! This is the best group of women on the planet . Glad you loved Curves, I do! I tried to go yesterday but dd was whiney so I stayed home and painted. I AM going today though! It's my WI and measure day today.

Crystal: Hope Allison is on her way so you can be comfortable again. I (barely) remember those days. Let us know how the appt. goes. Hope dh has good luck with getting into fireman school.

Jill: Soooooo glad to hear you, Ron and Bayley are home now! The worst I have had was that Andrew and Matthew both had to have double hernia operations when they were each 2 y, 7 mos. old. Outpatient stuff they told me was hereditary, their dad had them. I know you must have been so scared for her. Just glad you're home now. Get some rest! How is the school treating you because of this. Hope they aren't giving you any trouble over it.

Mel: WTG on the inches! Pounds to soon follow. Hope you're in Onederland today .

Penny: WTG on getting to the gym!

Geri: Kick that sickness out the door! You must be miserable! Have you been to the dr. to see if it's more than a cold?

Jeniqua: Glad to hear dh is home! Hope he continues to get better soon. WTG on getting to run! Have fun at the gym too! I'm with you on the little tornadoes following around undoing everything you just did

Chris: Hope your hands are better today!

Gretchen: Hope the sinus infection is much better today!

Kristin: It is so great that you and Syd are taking care of Grandma! That will be an experience she will never forget and will help to make her a more caring, compassionate person in the long run. I soooo hope you and your family have a much better year and things get back on track for you. That is wonderful that dh wants to do a lifestyle change with you. It makes all the difference to have someone helping you on your journey.

Roxy: My e.t!!! Glad you got the girls' room manageable. I won't clean my kids' room anymore! They hate it when I do because I start pitching things and don't give in to keeping them unless they were more pricey. But I have learned to HATE McDonald's Happy Meal toys I have a bunch saved back still in packages but they can't have them. They are worth a bit, and more still in the package. May have to list them on eBay when I get my camera back.....hmmmm!

Michelle: Where are ya? Hope you're having a great day!

Well, gonna get rolling. Been painting more this morning and need to get moving to Curves. I'll try to get back later and post my WI and measure.

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!

TTYL

Last edited by Deana1113; 01-11-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #11  

Thanks everyone for the welcom! I went to the gym this morning and had a great workout. I am trying to lose this weight for my upcoming high school reunion in May. I am on my way though. Having a work out buddy like Penny is helping so much too! So thanks for being there Penny!
To everyone else keep up with your good work and together with support and motivation we will all achieve our goals!
stephi1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay, I'm back for a bit. I did a 25 min. pilate workout. Oh My Gosh! I can feel it still. My abs are going to be sore tomorrow. It's kind of fun though. I have to modify some of the exercises a bit because I just don't stretch that well...

Stephanie-Glad you get to work out with Penny. I wish I had a work out buddy but I get stuck using the good ol exercise dvds.

Gretchen-How are you doing? So a sinus infection huh? Nasty stuff. I hate being sick.

Deana-Where are you? (you getting so skinny, you'll be disappearing into thin air... ) Way to Go girl. You are such an inspiration to me. P.S. I think McDonald's toys were create out of spite for moms.

Roxy-I just squared away most of Kayla's room again. I'm sick to death of cleaning up everyone's messes but then I get sick of looking at it all and start all over again.

Crystal-Let us know how the doctor appt. goes.

Jill-Glad you are home. Just think...Bayley will be back to herself in no time.

Mel-You are doing great. Good job losing those inches. ONEderland is coming..girlfriend! I'm back down to my same old 201 again. I guess I had some water weight from TOM. I seem to be stuck on the same old number too. I want to be down in ONEderland by Feb 2nd for my rheumatologist appt. I want to shock em all....

Penny-I'm working today. I've been drinking water like a fish. Did a pilates workout and am going to do the challenge workout after I get Kayla from school. I've only used 2 WW pts. so far too. I am crossing my fingers that I'll be in ONEDerland soon.

Kristin-Sounds like you're doing better. Hope you and the family are doing good. I wish my kids could have spent more time with my Grandma. Heck we don't spend much time with any relatives lately. My mom has my sisters' kids at her house all the time so I don't feel like taking mine over there and causing her anymore stress than what she has. As far as my MIL, she has emphysema and is on oxygen so being around the girls for very long is kind of tiring for her.

Michelle-You know what? You don't post much anymore and we sure miss it. You're my Montana Mommy Mascot and Motivator. Write us something...Please....

Jeniqua-Hey girl! Good job on the workout and staying with your program. You're doing awesome too. BTW...I saw your pics and your kids on the MLW site and you're such a pretty gal. You're kids are adorable too. Such cute little smiles. I had no idea you had a twin sister though? WOW!

I think I got everybody. If I didn't. I'm sorry. Okay, I have to check some more things on this crazy "puter. TTFN and I'll check back this afternoon.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:26 PM   #13  
soontobethin

Hi, all. I am still around. I have just been busy again. I wasn't able to work out part of last week because I hurt my back. How? you may ask. One day last week it was cold enough to freeze my car doors shut. I hurt my back trying to wrench them open.Not fun. Anyway, I didn't post because I didn't want to dampen all of you who are doing so well. Welcome to the newbies. Everyone seems to be doing good. I will get personal and post more sometime this week.
need2losemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:31 PM   #14  

Hey all back from the gym ....I did 20 minutes of walking for the challange, then 33 minutes on the Precore, then another 27minutes of walking and 15 minutes of foam roller exercises. I burned over 600 calories. No training today!

Hope everyone is having a good one. It's cold wet and snowy here. AND I was folding laundry in my family room while watching tv and a mouse went by and walked into my utility room. Ewwww..EEAAAK!!! the hair is still standing up on my arm. I guess it's cold and it needed a warm spot. My friend gets them now and then, but this is a first for us....ooooooooo YUCK!!! I have to head out for traps.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey Ladies!
Sorry a late post from me, I've been busy today putting together some graphics stuff and the Montana Region Friends of Allie Cancer Awareness group. I did the graphics layouts for my works menus so I needed to run to the printer and then to work to show them the proofs I had for them.

I got my walk in also! woo hoo!! I'm gonna do a 30 minute pilates workout then some yoga.

Chris you are sooo funny Our power didn't go out because of the weather it was a pretty clear night, we think a transformer blew, this is like the second time in 6 months it's happened. We heard something that sounded like a gun shot so we're pretty sure it was the transformer. But at least its back on now! Its supposed to get very cold the rest of the week and more snow coming too! Ughhhh!!

Geri, Hey girl!! I'm glad to see a post from you!! Jump back on the wagon! Any time you need us we're here for you!!

Mel, you are kicking butt at the gym!! Woo hoo!! You inspire me!

Penny hope you had a good workout!

Crystal how was your appt?

Jill, of course you are staying in the challenge we understand things like this!! We missed you and are soooo glad to have you back!

Stephanie, welcome!! Its great to have you here, even if you do hang out with people like Penny LOL jk!! I'm Michelle mom to Taylor 3 and Teagan 1, I live in Montana and ummmm well that's it I guess lol.

Deana, your pics were fantastic!!! You are looking Mahvalous dahlink!!!

okay girls I got some school work to do then I'm gonna do my pilates, I'll be back in a bit!
Love to all
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote