South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:36 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Chat - January 10

Good morning. I'll just start us up and pop back later. The Girls are hollering and I know I forgot to load up the woodstove last night so I need to leap into action! I swear they hear me log on and then decide it's time to get up! It's a good thing I love them!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:08 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

For whatever reason, Pester Ann decided she needed to sleep plastered up against me the whole night. So, I'm now feeling just a tad achy in the back from mimicing a mummy for 8 hours straight.

Had fun at Distaff Day. Sat with my buddies, Sandy and Sharon. We've made plans for a spring retreat up at Sharon's house in the mountains. It's on the Historic register and was used as a hospital during the Civil War. We've teased her about it being haunted and have tried to look for bloodstains on the hardwood floors. She raises Jacob sheep. Four horns and white with brown spots. Very odd looking sheep.

Tried to weigh this morning, but the battery in the scale died. Is that an omen???

Okay, gotta go get lunch together (leftover spinach and cauliflower, chicken, yogurt and some avocado on ww bread)

All you chickies have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-10-2005, 07:19 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth... Get in out of the cold! lol Dogs and kids I think they are on the same wave length sometimes. Mommy Mommy Mommy! lol

Mamacita...Sounds like you had a good time. Y'all are a hoot lookin for blood stains! Well you should be able to sniff 'em out if anybody could! teehee

To you chicadees yet to peck in Hello!

Nothing much on the agenda today. Still have some things I need to get delivered. Other than that still takin it easy cause I'm still sickly feeling. Well I have to get lunch checks written and chittlin's off to school! Have a great day all!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:35 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks a quick one for me too. I am waiting for my brother to call, I have to deliver news. I just got a phone call from my mom that my Aunt passed away this morning. Be right back the phone call.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:56 AM   #5  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

GOOD MORNING ALL!
What a great day this is going to be. ( have to give me some kind of get up and go and I woke up this morning) Heehee.
GB's already here, little one down for morning nap, 4 yr old is playing with her polly pockets. Need to run some errands while DH is home to babysit. Going to gym tonight after allergy appt. Got to do breathing test again . Seems asthma not doing good with cold weather, and not getting any better. Just found out about the asthma and dust allergy in Aug. So, now I know whan attacks happen. Always thought it was the weight. Have had symptoms all my life and was told to lose weight. Even as a child, they said I was just out of shape. Funny how it can take some 45 years to find an illness. I sure feel better after getting on medication tho.
Time to get myself in gear and start the washer and dryer.
Everyone have a good day.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:05 AM   #6  
Ready!!!

morning all,
quick one as I have a lot to do today. I go pick up DH ashes. I am keeping them at home with me.
Ruth I know how you feel about your girls. I have Lucy cat (she is as mean as a pit bull) the grand kids are scared to death of her, they know she bites, and I wouldn't trade her for a million. She was so great with Ken.
Well I was going to say "girls" it has been a while since I was in touch, and guys? check back later,
love taz
Old 01-10-2005, 08:17 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Back. The Girls are pottied and fed and are loafing on the couch in the back room where the woodstove is crackling away. They look darn cozy and comfy and I'd love to join them. However, I did Dick all (Jane all?) yesterday so can't goof off again today.

Mamacita, you knew I'd have to Google Jacob's sheep. Four horns and very pretty looking critters.

Little Chick, I am so sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing. This has certainly been a difficult year for your family.

Chipper, I had asthma for 56 years before they finally diagnosed it! So dumb! It's nice to know what it is and how to deal with it. Very cold air really bothers me too.

Bamie, I hope you feel better soon. This has been hanging on too long! You said "chittlin's off to school" - chittlins and greens? You cooking for the school these days. Just kidding!

Tazcat, it's nice to see you posting at such a sad time. Hang in there and hang out with us. At the moment we have just girls here although ImNotSanta does pop in from time to time.

Me: Applesauce to process this morning. It cooked all night in the crockpot - a great idea. Then I have a bunch of veggies to chop up and freeze to add to the next batch of dogfood. Hersh and I will go back to the vet today for another blood sample. I sure hope she can get enough this time! I am supposed to go to a Volunteer Appreciation pot luck in town tonight but think I'll beg off. It looks like snow is on the way and it's not worth a half hour drive at night for a frassing pot luck! I have to go to town tomorrow for the dentist and that'll be enough driving.

Right now I need to supervise Harry's bath so had better move my butt!

Have a moanless Monday, OK?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LittleChick, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, you are sure having a sad start to your new year. Let's hope things start looking brighter for you and your family.

Tazcat, How are you doing, it's good to see you checking in.

Mamacita, I wish I had a battery run scale so it would die on me, that way I'd quit weighing myself so often! That sounds like a lot of fun, planning your spring retreat.

Ruth, You're smart to stay in tonight. There would probably be a lot of foods you can't eat at the potluck anyway.

Bamie, Have you seen a doctor, it HAS been hanging on for some time, now.

Chipper, I don't get my GB's til 9:30 today! How old are yours? Mine are 3 1/2 and 17 months. They sure keep me busy, but we have a lot of fun.

I want to get some errands done before I get too busy, and I have to go to the bank, too, so I'll check in later.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #9  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

cottagebythesea;
GB's are both girls ages 1 & 4. They do keep you busy. I found that my patience isn't what it use to be with my own 2. But, better that their mom & dad. My DH was Navy so he wasn't around much with my 2 growing up. He retired when they were 16 & 14. So, he is enjoying these 2 around. He gets so excited. He missed out on so much. Mine come at 6:45. Eat breakfast, little one goes down until 9:30, snack, then lunch at 12 then nap at 1/1:30. They sleep until mom gets here at 3:45. So, quite afternoons.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:08 AM   #10  
i luv my dog!

Bonjour ladies,

I opened up 3FC today and saw a new photo and book review on the home page, The Fat Fallacy - the French Diet secrets to permanent weight loss, then on the Today show they had the author of French Women Don't Get Fat and a quick discussion of her ideas, and I just got back from Paris yesterday. I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something? Drink red wine, eat good cheese? I've already got that covered - LOL!

On the way home I rode with two friends and the woman said seeing my weight loss has inspired her to recommit to the SBD. She already has the book but never really adopted the lifestyle changes. I'll be seeing her again in a month and we can compare notes, and losses. She said she has a good family recipe for cauliflower but it is not written down. I asked her "get around to it" and email it right on over, please.

While I was there I looked in a couple of supermarkets for Laughing Cow Light, but only found the regular. The light must be an American thing. I did see a light version of another cheese wheel, but all the wedges were plain, not with herbs, and I can get that here.

My ISP seems to be acting up today and I keep getting bumped of the site so I better run. Around this time of day now that North America is waking up being online always slows down a little. Maybe I'll be able to catch up on all these posts.

Au revoir for now.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:30 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi Everyone!

Sounds like everyone is pecking along today. This is just a quick one to say hi! Unfortunately I have a bunch to do today. Stay OP!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

Hey chicks I am back again. Just kinda of board today. which is kinda funny because I have lots I could be doing. My girlfriend is going to stop by hopefully with tea. I have a wicked headache, but today is day 4 so I am thinking that it is the detox. ( why did I just not stay OP, then this would not have happened.) I never learn from my mistakes on the eating thing. I am pleased with myself because even with all the upset and going to my sisters yesterday I stayed OP, yeah for me. Today I am drinking even more water again another yeah for me.

a broad abroad- How nice that you have inspried someone back to a healty WOE. good for you. I am with you on the laughing cow we can only get the regular here and I believe that it is just plain. I am hoping they will bring in more types.

chipper- have fun with your gb, my mom has way more patience with my girls than she did with us. Amazing how she will let them get away with things we were not allowed to do.

cottagebythesea- Thank you for your thoughts and your are right we have had our fill in the last few months. All though is was probably a blessing she was very frail and in a wheel chair and has been for the last few years. She has Ostro and you could not even hug her for fear you would break her. Take care and have a good day.

Ruth- Thanks to you as well, we have not even told my sister yet she has enough to deal with right now. Her poor FIL won't even go to the funeral as he is so distraught, and her hubby is an only child so it is just the two of them doing it all. Have a great day. Don't drive tonight if you really don't have too, it is also much easier to stay OP when you don't have to go to a food function.

Taz- thinking about you and sending you {{hugs}} take care sweetie.

Bamiegurl- hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

Mama- your retreat sounds like fun. Although I would not go if I thought it was haunted, that spokes me right out. I am a huge chicken sh*t.

To the rest of the chicks poping in have a great OP day.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:36 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

Hey Anchor we were posting at the same time. Have a great day chick.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:00 AM   #14  

Just a quick check in from me today. I hope everyone has a good day!

Nally
Old 01-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Holy smokes! 14 posts by 10 AM! We rock!
Closed Thread