Old 01-10-2005, 07:35 AM   #1  
I'm a homeschool mama

Post Desperate Housewives #10 ~MONDAY~

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:51 AM   #2  
I'm a homeschool mama

Smile Good Morning

Hello ladies. I'm so sorry I was MIA yesterday and maybe even the day before. I don't tend to spend much time on the computer on the weekends. Besides I really haven't been spending much time on the computer in several days. Just doing other things.

Jill, I'm so glad you and Bayley are home. I know Andrew wasn't near that sick when he was in the hospital, but after three kids and none of them had ever been sick, really, it was extremely scary and heartbreaking. Having to hold him while the iv and splint was on his arm and the oxygen tube was in his nose and such, it was heartwrenching. I'm so glad you are home. Hope Bayley gets back to herself very, very soon.

Kristin, glad to see you pop in there. No baby yet. I just haven't checked in lately and I know I shouldn't do that to y'all. But remember, I had two kids 4 days late and my last one was 4 days early so I don't think I'll have this one anytime before a week early if that. I have 3 weeks left til my due date and I go back to doc tomorrow and I guess they check for dialation every week now so I'll know more then.

Deana, you have done a tremendous job since you started here. You can see a huge difference in those pictures. You and your family should be sooooo proud of you.

Penny, how are you girly. You are being able to post a lot although they're quick little posts, glad you're around.

Hello Jeniqua, Sherry, Chris, Steph, Angel, Julie, Spryng (I guess she's forgotten about us), and all you other desperate housewives.

Okay, today we'll school, clean alittle and maybe run to Walmart later. Dh has decided to join Fire Academy as long as he can continue drawing unemployment. He's checking into that today and if he can or some sort of financial aid then he'll join Fire Academy in Feb and graduate in June, then take his 6 week EMT course and get a fire job that will then pay him and send him to paramedic school. His best friend is a fireman and says he could get him hired where his and I tell you he makes good money. Then dh would have his days off and work on starting his real estate business. I'm so excited to see if he'll be able to do this. We'll know for sure by today or sometime this week because he'll have to get his application sent in by Friday if not before.
Anyways, I know this baby is moving down. Throughout this whole pregnancy all the movement has come high on my right side and now it's all in the middle and down a bit. I can't wait until tomorrow to see if anything has gone on down there yet.
We got Allison's bag packed and ready to go to the hospital. We packed one yellow gown, just in case it comes out a boy. Didn't want to bring him home in pink.
I guess that's it for me now. I've got a slight headache and feel like I could have slept a few more hours, so I'm gonna sit back in my chair and watch cartoons with Andrew.
TTYL
Old 01-10-2005, 08:20 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Crystal,
Hope you have a great dr.'s visit. Congrats to dh. Let us know what happens!

Kristen,
Hugs to you! It is good to see you around I miss ya!

Mel,
Where are you girlie! I know you are bummed but get here!

Jill,
Thanks for the pm!~ I have been so worried about you. I am glad to hear Bayley is home safe and I bet she and you both are enjoying your beds!

Chris,
Good to hear you were on plan yesterday! YAH!

Hi out there to all you lovely ladies!
I have an aerobics class early this morning so I will check back in later on !

Take care
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Good morning.

Today I am off to my first Curves lesson! Yay! The sinus infection is still bothering me a little, but a few more days on the antibiotics should help, I hope!

My husband is off on Mondays, so it is a challenge for me since he likes to go out and about without the kids and drink Starbucks coffee and eat junk food. I think I will have to make Mondays a Curves workout day from now on!

Deana, your before and after pics are really inspiring. You look great.

Well, time to let husband on the 'puter. Have a great morning.
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:08 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies. Sorry, I was MIA, I was bumbed about the NO weight loss, but I was also out and about. Feeling a bit better today, because even though I haven't lost any more weight. I am down 4.5 inches in total. 1.5 from my waist, 1 from each leg and 1 from these hippo hips. So, I will fight back at the gym today and I am also going to call a nutritionist. I think I am alloted 3 visits with my insurance. We'll see.

Jill, I am so happy you, ron and Bayley are home. I pray for continued recovery and rest for you all. We are still here for you.

Can't stay on, but I just wanted to check in. The gym is calling me it's way.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #6  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies!! I woke up today truly refreshed and ready to get back OP! I have a new found motivation and am looking forward to all this week has to offer. Now that DH is home I just know this week is going to be a good one. Also, I uploaded some photos of me and the kids if anyone wants to see them on the other site.

Crystal~ I was wondering where you were. I am glad everything is going well. My husband is also an EMT and is trying to find a job. In fact, when he was in the hospital they told him to put an application in to be an ER tech. They need people bad and the money is really good. I hope your DH gets into the academy. That would be great! Let us know what happens.

Penny~ Good morning!!! Are you ready to kick butt this week?!? Lets make it a great one.

Mel~ How are you doing today?? Congrats on the inches lost! You're doing great. Pretty soon the pounds will begin to shed too./

Jill~ I am soo glad you and Bailey are home!!! I hope you are able to get caught up on rest and your everyday life is back to normal again. Sending big ((((HUGS))) your way!

Kristin~ Welcome back girl!! We've missed you!! I hope all is well with you.I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Gretchen~ I don't believe I've introduced myself. I am Jeniqua 28, SAHM to Jasmine 5, Juliesa 4 and Joseph Travis(JT,2). I have 40 pounds to lose. I hope your sinus infection is better soon. Let's make this an OP day(my husband is home today too.. ) Although he says this week he's going to start dieting with me too . Have a great day!!

I better go and take care of my kids...I'll bbl!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:02 AM   #7  
Jeniqua

Oh I am sooo excited!!! Since hubby is going to be home for a while I can go work out at the gym!!! I have a membership to a fitness center in my town. Membership is free to the residents in my town. That also means I can run 2 miles everyday again!!! WOO HOO!! I can't contain myself!! I just wanted to share..starting today at 5:309 after the kids leave I am going to the gym!!! I am going to be goint to the gym Sunday-Thursday. Then the rest of the days I will just exercise at home. Okay, I'll bbl!!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:02 AM   #8  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good morning Ladies!
I'm already zipping aroung, laundry (1folded, 1drying and new load washing), dressed, coffee made and picked up bits around the place.
I have to admit I am not looking forward to going into the little girls room cleaning today. I looks like a bomb went off in there, shivers. Rest assured they are helping! Another exciting day planned for me!

Jillybean! I'm so glad you are home! That is so great! Maybe you can talk to us later and tell us everything that went on.

Deana-LOOK AT YOU! My e.t. you are so pretty! Your face has changed so much from one picture to the other, your eyes just pop out! Wow, what a difference! You can tell that you are working hard, the proof is in the pics. Congratulations! :Bravo: Your family must be so proud!!!

Crystal- It sounds like dh has a plan! Does he already have his real estate license? Well, I hope that everything works out, he'll be working hard! I always think it is so wonderful when men want to do more for their families.
Have a great day and hope that you get rid of that headache!

Penny- have fun at aerobics! Have a great OP day too!

Gretchen-have fun at curves, everyone that I know that goes there loves it. My mom thinks it's just great! She's 70!! Hope that your s.i. is better nothing like having a stuffed up headachey head!

Mel-My goodness girlie, your melting!!!! Whoo Hoo! That is a massive loss!! Okay, you should have a new baby laying around there somewhere! This is a big deal! I can't believe you are bummed at all! I'd be doing the happy dance

Jeniqua-You sound sooo happy! Have a wonderful day with your family! I know your right back on track too. I'll check out those pics when I go on later. Have fun today!!

Well I better get back to work! I'll talk to Michelle, Kristin, Chris, Geri, Cindi and all the rest of you moms later!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:06 AM   #9  
Jeniqua

Roxy~ Good morning!! Have fun cleaning the girls room..I go through that on a regular basis..LOL!! I make them help too. A mothers job is never done Have a lovely day!!
Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #10  
**Kristin**

Hello Ladies! I am at my aunts posting...(gma is napping after her early rise and bath this morning already, and sydney is watching Pocahontas) I am so glad to see so many of you pumped up about your weight loss and your lives! It is great! We are back to getting to the "heart" of our thread,weight loss support! Friendship and our lives in general are a close second, but I like that everyone is getting motivated again for their weight loss journeys! I was worried for a little while about getting and keeping that "spark" that our thread always ignited in me....I see that it hasn't gone away! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! I will be super involved in the next challenge for sure, and hopefully we won't have any losses during that time, and I can focus on me for a change! I am going to start our new gym next week, so excited, and dh wants to do a "lifestyle" change with me too ( I hate diets, I need to just change the way I live!)

Jeniqua - Glad that dh is onboard with you! That is great, you sound so pumped up!! I am so glad that you have such great motivation! That is wonderful!

Crystal - thanks for checking in! haha! I kno what you mean about the weekends. They get long, but what can you do! Glad you are all packed, that is great. I hope everything goes well for dh and this new fire academy. That would be a wonderful, thing for your growing (literally ) family!

Penny - Hey there lady! Have fun today!

Gretchen - WHO-HOO! Have fun at curves, everyone I know loves it too! I just need to be able to get to the gym late at night, that is my problem. Right now taking take of g=ma is taking up my days and I still kept my PT job in the evenings too. So Its really tough for me to get to the gy at all these days! I am going to do it though! Let us know how you feel afterwards!

Roxy - Have fun in the girls bedrooms! haha, you would die (all of you would) if you walked into my house right now. It looks like we let all the neighborhood teenagers party there all week and weekend. With Having my cousin over for some "down time" before the funeral, etc..the irish wake, the wake, the funeral, the get together after the funeral....there are clothes everywhere from changing so many times! LOL and liquor all over the counters from the "parties", shoes strewn all over the entry from all the outft changes! I could go on forever...we were just to tired, the time we were home we spent napping LOL! I guess this week (when I don't work at night) and this coming weekend, I won't be bored!

Melissa - That is awesome! The lbs will start melting off !! Just like Penny said! Congrats, you are such a wonderful example for us all!

okay ladies, I am going to rest/read a little while, my headache needs to go away, then it will be time to get lunch going. I am really enjoying being able to do this for Grandma. its so nice, and I get paid!! Who-hoo! extra money is great! I will check back later with you all! TTYL!
sydsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!

I guess I will check in later. Was hoping to come and get personal but I need to hop in the shower or I will be late for carpool.

Sounds like everyone is doing great on plan! Keep it up!

TTYL!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #12  
I'm a homeschool mama

Hello ladies. I'm just checking in while dinner is cooking. I swear, this Texas weather is crazy. We've been cloudy and in the 70's all day and alike the next two days before another cold front comes in and puts our highs in the 30's and 40's. I hate this weather, it's what makes people so sick.
Anyways, hope everyone's day is going well.
Mel, wtg on those inches gone. I think you're just building lost of muscle which is why you don't see a great loss in pounds. Inches matter maybe more so.
Michelle, wtg on that weight gone too.

I think the baby is really dropping. The movements are moving downward and in the center of my tummy instead of high on the right side. I can slouch more without feeling like I'm squishing the baby and I can feel the top of my tummy getting mushy again instead of being hard. I go to the doc tomorrow and hopefully he'll tell me the same thing.
Okay, I've got to get dinner going or continued so I'll talk to ya later.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just checking in to tell you al I"m alive. I had to work today and its almost dinner time. I'll check back later if I have time.

And yes, I am OP today. Even did those lunges and a walk...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #14  

Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie and I am new at this. I was looking around at the recommendation of Penny and I like what I've seen. I am looking for a great support group to help me on my way to achieving my weight loss goals. I am a sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months). I am approaching my 9th wedding anniversary on the 13th of this month with my amazing husband Jason. We were high school sweethearts and the rest would be history. I am so greatful for the opportunity to be involved in this wonderful group of women.

Steph

Last edited by stephi1396; 01-10-2005 at 09:47 PM.
stephi1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:54 PM   #15  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Hi Ladies!

Welcome Steph! It is good to see you made it! You will love it here!

Chris,
Congrats on doing the lunges and being on plan! That's awesome

Crystal,
Can't wait to hear about the appt tomorrow!

Gretchen,
How was your Curves appt???

Jeniqua,
Congrats on getting to the gym! Isn't it an awesome feeling!

Kristen,
It is great to see you! Hugs!

Jill,
How is Bay feeling today???

Roxy,
Didcha get the girls room cleaned???

Michelle,
Where are you at today??

Well I have been totally off plan today GRRR!! I did get in the exercise... But the eating sucks! I actually had a coke today for the first time in a long time

I think that is what triggered it! LOL

Well I am off to bed! Have a great night ladies!