Old 01-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #103

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies Club.

We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:34 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Thanks to you all for your hugs and thoughts regarding Jerry. I am in a better frame of mind today, but it's still hard. Since I am normally in such a good, upbeat mood almost everyday, something like this really throws me.

Cristi - did you find a way to get some light in your living room? I really liked the idea of an easel and mirror. Think that was Ellen's idea... My bathroom has a skylight in it, and no window, and it really gets the light. Not that you'd want to go to that expense. But light sure makes us feel better! I am so ready for some sunshine here in Indiana!

Katy - 1940 House sounds like something I'd want to see. Shows like that make me very grateful for the conveniences of 2005, lol. One of my papers in college was how the Good Ol' Days weren't so good in a lot of respects, lol. Your Stitch n ***** thingy made me laugh, and I needed that!!

Angie - so which outfit did you wear? I cannot picture you in a plain black dress (#3) unless the accessories were 100% flamboyant! As I said in my email - thanks for the picture! I can't believe how much you remind me of Kate Hudson. Surely I'm not the only one who sees that?

Marti - hope you get some good rest this weekend and that you're feeling better. I too think the weather is weird all over. Kinda scares me a little. Hey, have you tried clementines? They are little, sweet, seedless tangerines and are so good! I eat 2 everyday for my vitamin C, lol. Also love kiwi. It gives a fruit salad more color. About the attachment photos, I tried it on an old thread and the thing is, the pics have to be kind of small for it to work, so you might as well just post a link to Yahoo photos. Then we can see them better anyway, lol.

Ellen - Jerry has had protate cancer for over 10 years, but was in almost-remission for quite a while. He is in a depression right now, and cried while telling my sister who he wanted for his pallbearers. So sad! He is worn out and not wanting visits for awhile. And my sister now has chronic IBS from the worry and stress. Then she had to go tell their only child what's going on. This child is the same one whose DH got crushed in the mining accident last May. That family has had enough for awhile! Glad you are getting pretty snow. Believe it or not, I am ready for more. Hope you are managing your pain today. If not, please go to the ER, ok?

Shanna - good to see you! I don't know why, if you can do the email thing, that it's hard to come here, unless you mean time-wise? Anyway, way to go on all those As!! You'll do fine with the real patients, and will be an old hand at it before you know it.

Pam - sorry you're restless. Do you have many hobbies? Some of us here do scrapbooking. Marti is the pro at it. That might be something for you to think about doing. It can be so rewarding! Bet you have some cute pictures of your son through the years.

Not sure what's going on around here today. I think Terry and Gina are bringing the kids out to visit. I'm going to make WW Raspberry Fluff pie. You'd never know it's "light". The crust is a regular graham cracker one, but I use sugar-free jello in the filling.

What's going on in your life today?
Old 01-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #3  
PamPSM644

Yipi! It's raining here as usual but I am so happy,Weighed myself last nite and I now weigh 210. Lost 10lbs sence I last weighed.For the first time sence my son was born he weighs more then I do. This makes the total at 70lbs lost.Jane, your rit,I need to find something to do. Years ago I put our photo albums in order by years with comments writen in the margins. I wanted my son to have a record of mine and his life. In recent years I haven't been to interested inpictures mainly because of my weight but things are changing. I think I'll talk to him about our getting a digital camera we can down load pitures onto the pc.I don't have many current ones.My heart goes out to Jerry and your whole family. This is the scariest journey we all will take someday. I choose to believe that only the body dies and our spirits go on. That it's kind of like changing a suit of clothes.Much love to you and them. Ellen, how are you and yours?Sending you lots of love to, and that goes also for Marti, hope your feeling better,and Angie,our vavoom girl,Cristi ,the decorator,Katy, our historian and Shanna our hesitant dentist. ( It is dentisrty,right?) I remember your talking about pt's mouths so think it must be.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon Ladies--

Getting up much later than I'm used too!! Hate feeling like half my day is over already. But, what can I do but enjoy the rest of the day??

We've had snow last night, melted before morning and this afternoon the sun is blazing into our windows. Very pretty, but very cold. Only means more snow tonight. (actually I don't know...thought I'd try being the meteorologist for a minute!!)

Pam--When I started doing some scrapbooking (just last year) I only did photos of my daughter,husband and me in the past when I was thinner. But I finally did a page of just me through out my stages of weighloss and think it turned out well. I had to realize that I was happy NOW and not when I reach goal (although, I'd me happier once I do reach goal) And I also realized that my family (DH & DD) needs memories of me if something should ever happen to me. So I never hide from the camera anymore. I may not like the photo taken, but at least it was taken and I didn't hide. So you and your son need to buy that digital camera and start clicking away!! You won't regret it later I'm promise!!

Jane--I'm not sure if I"ve tried clemetines or not. Sound good though. I love Oranges......just never good at picking the tasty ones. James is always the expert (and he doesn't do anything in particular) As for Yahoo....oh boy, must try and remember my password!! So bad and keeping the same password for everything! I may have to check it out here after I'm done just to see. I'm glad that you're feeling better today, I understand how hard it is when someone is going through so much pain. (both emotional and physical) my heart goes out to you and your family.

Ok ladies, I'm going to get cleaned up. I'll check back in later.

Take Care
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Afternoon Ladies~

Not much going on just checking in to say HI!

Went to mass this morning then DS and had went and had lunch. Glad he went because he finished off mine. I think I am finally getting my mind in the right frame for lossing. Definitely not eating as much as I used to. Now to get in the habit of exercising daily. Anyway...nothing much going on. Did laundry yesterday so today will read and watch some tv. Started another book last night.

Jane~it is totally understable...something like that throwing you. It is always hard when you find out a loved one is ill and worse yet to know they won't make it. My heart goes out to you, your sister, Jerry and the rest of your family. And PLEASE know you will all be in my thoughts and prayers thru this.

Pam~you are doing an awesome job with your weight loss. I swear you are going to pass me up. Hope it stops raining soon for ya. Saw the weather in Hollywood and all the rain-terrible. And they say it never rains in CA!

Marti~yeah, I was giving my eyes a break to come on the 'puter! Of course when I did go back to reading they were worse but I did finish the book. Was up till almost 2 am and up this morning at 8 so I will probably be taking a short nap a little bit later.

Anyway...it's weird...it sounds like it is raining outside. I keep hearing drip...drip...drip...drip...drip...etc. but it is all the ice and snow melting. Hooray! The streets, the main streets are clear, just a little wet in places and our street was almost melted when we got back from Mass. Hopefully we don't have anymore ice storms. There are people still without electricity-terrible.

Okay ladies, I am outta here in a few mintues. EVERYONE take care and have a great Sunday.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-09-2005 at 03:48 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #6  

Hi again......

Cristi--Getting into the habit of working out is going to be a challenge for me too. But as I said before, it's cheap at the gym at work plus....I have 45min. lunch breaks. Plenty of time to get some kind of work out in. I did it at Sony, I can do it at OML. And-----once we move to the sony building...it will be even better since I know the quickest routes to the gym! I'm so excited. (even though we won't be moved into the building until the beginnin of next year) Sounds like your eating habits are getting better too. I'm so happy for ya!! I REALLY do think this is our year to improve ourselves!!!!

Oh....forgot to say to Pam---Congrats on the 10lbs!! That is ALWAYS grounds for bragging. And I don't look at it as bragging anyway (I don't think any of us do) we see it as a great step forward to a better lifestyle! A great accomplishment. VERY HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!

Well, I told James what I want for exercise equipment. I'm wanting that Gazelle. Only because it's small enough for my office room here and it's one of the cheapest equipments. And......it really works out the butt and thighs and I really want to see those two go. I saw one for sale for $89. That's much cheaper than getting a treadmill right now. Who knows when I'll get this....maybe by summer when we can save up some money.

I'm so amped about all our successes!! I really feel we're going to be a bunch of losers this year.

Better put some makeup on....James wants to go to Eugene to pick up some keys for work. I'm going for the ride!!

Talk to you all later
Old 01-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #7  

Hi All!!

Been a busy weekend thats why I havent had a chance to check in!! Had my friends kids last night, did our usual weekend sleepover gig with them, they were pretty well behaved considering their dad had left for the army this week!! I was expecting problems!!!! But they surprised me!! However they did mention to squeeze in that my friend is planning to go to Texas for his boot camp graduation which will be February 18th....Apparently its a three day course of events, Therefore between us and their grandma we'll be juggling them while shes gone, so Im not looking forward to that weekend!!!
ON a good note, was weighing 201.5 last week...Today...199 lbs!!!!!
So at least my non snacking accomplished something last week..Hopefully if I stick with it, I'll see some more loss this week too!!! Bought a bunch of yogurt, lean cuisines, salads, granola bars and good stuff to snack on...
Didnt get a chance to really go through the posts I missed, but I hope that you all are doing well, and trying to stay on track with the start of this New Year!!!! Gotta get going , its back to work tomorrow
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #8  

Julie--Hurray for the weightloss!! As I've been saying to everyone,.....this is our year to defeat our fat battle!! You're doing a great job. Cutting snacks is hard!! I know all about that!

Ok ladies...I just got off the phone with a very nervous Jhanai. She will find out tomorrow or Tuesday if she gets one of the main character leads in a play....Oliver Twist. She is wanting to be Nancy. I've never seen the movie so I have no idea who is who. But I'm rooting for her. She tells me that if she doesn't get Nancy, she at least wants to be one of the other main characters....not just a part that sings in the background.

So....if you wouldn't mind....send her some "Good Luck" vibes!!

Thanks

BTW....the Nancy character has 2-3 solo parts! I was shocked and proud that she would want the part!!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:28 AM   #9  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

I get to pop on the computer tonight as I am at my moms while Kristi does her computer project. For some reason our printer will not work, so we had to come into town.

Jane I am so sorry about your bil. for you all.

Pam congrats on the loss.

Angie how is everything there? I tried to convince my aunt that she must know you. I am sure that Allan played hockey with one of your boys. She rolled her eyes at me. They came here instead of us going up there. But one of these days. I was actually going to try calling you at work...

Marti here are some for our sweetie Jhanai. Also some that she is so brave to try out for the lead. I hope that she gets it.

Cristi what book did you just read? It must have been pretty good for you to read it that fast.

Ellen how is everything going?

Susan, hi loved all your posts about your love. Is Gaby potty trained? Any tips? Cole is really good about telling me he has to go potty, and he will sit on the potty, but I can't seem to get him to do anything once he is on there.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry this is not very long and I missed people, but I had a lot of catching up to do. I had to read through chat 101 and 102.

Will try and pop on tomorrow.

Hugs to all of you

Kathy

Last edited by luckycharm; 01-10-2005 at 02:35 AM. Reason: adding a message
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Pam - bravo on the weight loss! As I said on the weight loss thread, that's the same as 40 sticks of butter!! Oh yeah, you have to get a digital camera! I consider mine a necessity now, just like the microwave and the crock pot, lol.

Marti - you know I'm sending all good vibes to Jhanai!!! And I'm so proud of her for going for the female lead! Tell her Aunt Jane's pulling for her, ok?

Cristi - YAY for you and the portion control. That's what it all really comes down to. Have you been having flooding in KS? Lots of it here in IN. All of the snow melted and then we had over 4 inches of rain on top of it, and even more in the northern part of the state.

Julie - YAY for seeing Onderland again!!! You are a good friend to help out with the kids as much as you do. The kids must be close to you and DBF.

Kathy - thanks for the hugs. Mary's twins are close to beginning potty training. They were 2 1/2 last month. Madison will probably have no problem since she can't stand to be wet or dirty, but Makenzie - that's a different story, lol. I found my own girls to be easier than my son, but that might not always be true of others. Good luck!

Gonna tackle Mt. Washmore today since Katie had the washer and dryer tied up all weekend. Neal and Dale got the treadmill moved, so now I need to move some things around in the playroom to even it out.

What's on your agenda today?
Old 01-10-2005, 10:06 AM   #11  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I have just a couple of moments to pop in and out.
Jane, my heart goes out to your family...sending strength.

Kathy, well you know where I work so by all means call me, you know the 1-800 #?

Shanna, great to see you are still alive and kicking.... and live patients woweee you are moving up fast in the world...*grin you will do fine, no fainting. And my thought when I do something that kinda freaks me out,,,in 1 month this will not even be an issue. Relax,,,breath we are all here waiting for your next funny post...sorry I crack up reading your posts,,,you have a great quirky sense of humour that other quirky people can appreciate.
will be back later with more,,,
oh ya wore the black skirt and shiny red top.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #12  
PamPSM644

Good morning Ladies. Still raining. There are tornado warnings for Ventura County and I'm watching pictures of someones house about to be washed away.Reports of 4 deaths due to the rain. Thats our trouble here, we aren't used to the rain and don't seem to know how to act when it does. They reported that a woman with her 3 children drove around a road warning barrier trying to cross a flooded street,got stuck and while they were trying to rescue her ,her 2 yr old washed away.You have to shake your head.We really need the rain due to many years of drought. Our mountains are being decimated by a bark beatle thats killing the trees. Due to drought they don't have enough sap to fight off the beatles,they die,and the fire hazzard is really high. I live in the area where there were so many fires a couple years ago.Now on to happier topic. My son is asking me what kind of car I want.If case you don't remember he promised to buy me a newer used car if I lost 75lbs when I first started to diet back in Aug.Now that I'm close I've told him he doesn't have to do it but he insists he wants to.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Everyone

Well, it's Monday! And the weather is crappy. Today it is foggy and is supposed to rain. I guess it will be good as it will melt the rest of what ice/snow is hanging around. Not gonna let the weather get me down tho. I woke up in such a good mood and was in an even better mood since WI.

Pam~I just read about all that flooding in CA. Although, it seems like they go through this every other year or so it seems to be a lot worse this time. My friend lives in Santa Clarita and I just read that 150 people had to leave because of the flooding there-she is okay. But tornado warnings for Ventura County?! Now that is odd. A new to you car eh? I think that is a wonderful gift from your son, what a sweetie and what an incentive. I've made some small goals for myself to start with and am in no hurry but I need to think of a reward for myself for each goal. Anyway, you are doing an awesome job-keep up the good work!

Julie~ on wonderland! Isn't it GREAT! I can't wait till I get there. I agree...you are a wonderful friend to take your friends kids for her.

Angie~I was wondering which outfit you choose.

Jane~no flooding here, not even having any rain yet. I did just read that IN is having the flooding and the river has crested higher than it had in years-scary stuff. The weather is freaky all over. Couldn't imagine trying to potty train two at one time. I would go crazy! Almost went crazy trying to potty train the boys! Especially Josh. That kid just flat out refused to go for me. Then one day he just got up in the middle of eating lunch and went on his own. I remember going thru the house thinking he went to play and when he wasn't in his room I checked the bath-there he was sitting on the toilet! Apparently HE decided he will go when HE wanted to and not when I wanted him to go. LOL Kids-gotta love 'em!

Kathy~aahhh...potty training. Boy do I remember that well. I think girls are so much easier, or mine was anyway. The boys I started at about 2 1/2 yrs. but they weren't fully potty trained until they were 3 yrs. of age. It seemed to take forever. But DD...started her at 2-just wanted to get it over with and within a month she was going on her own and never had an accident again. The book I read was Buried Lives by Nancy Star. About this woman who lost her brother when she was young. She thought he was kidnapped but couldn't remember anything about it or her childhood-she blocked it all out. Then she started having dreams and it was all coming back to her slowly, of course there were people who didn't want her to remember thus the weird things happening. Don't want to give away too much in case someone reads it. I liked it tho. Glad to see ya popping in. Have you guys got settled in the new house yet?

Marti~I am proud of Jhanai! She is so brave to go out for that part and I TRULY hope she gets it. I remember being so shy at that age and would have never done anything like that. When we had school plays/programs I always made sure I was in the back somewhere. Didn't like to speak in front of crowds-still don't. Anyway...sending good luck and good vibes her way. : : I think getting in the habit of working out in the beginning is always a challenge but I know once you get in the habit and you join you will be fine and you will love it! What's funny is I really do enjoy exercising. It is just getting in the habit of doing it-getting off my lazy booty. With you having a 45 mn. lunch and the gym right there you are going to do GREAT!

Well on with the day ladies...I was going to do laundry today and did get one load done already but barely had enough detergent to do that. DS did his laundry last night and the kid never measures, just pours and pours waaaayyy too much. So, since I am in my jammies for the day-love these lazy days-it will have to wait till V gets home and I will send him to the store. Actually no. I just remebered we have the cell phone and now I can call him. How funny-I have a cell phone and can't remember. Just not used to having it yet. That will save him from coming home and then going back. Going to straighten the house some and then not sure after that. Anywho...

Take care ladies and have a GREAT day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #14  
PamPSM644

Anyone heard from Ellen or Tea Rose lately? I'm a little concerned. Haven't seen her post here for a couple days now. Jane do you have a way to reach her? I remember she wasn't feeling good and was suppose to see a doctor.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:14 AM   #15  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone…..how are you all doing?

When Tommy got Brandon up yesterday morning, he was on his hands and knees facing the feet part of his bed. I lay him down with his body at the head of the bed, and he flipped around and was facing the feet part of his bed. Then Tommy put him on our bed and was helping him crawl and Tommy goes “he is going to take off crawling soon and we are going to be in trouble.” The past two days, Brandon has been doing the “bunny hop” style crawling. Sunday he was actually moving his legs a little bit to move himself.

Sorry that I didn't post much on the last chat, but for some reason I stopped getting the emails again. I just set it again to get the daily emails so that I can get on here to see what is new with you all!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote