Old 12-29-2004, 11:32 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up Our Own Little BookClub #3

Hi Ladies~

Feel free to share your favorite Authors, books or your most recent reads or past favorites.

So, what have you read recently? Or what are you reading now?
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 05:57 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

I'm reading another Dean Koontz book called "Dark Rivers of the Heart" and I don't want to put it down when I'm at work! It's good. Much better so far than the last book I read of his.

I hardly had a chance to get reading in before Sony closed, now it seems I have lots of time (during breaks) and I realized just how much I love to read!!

Not sure what book I'll read next but, I'm only part way through this one.......
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 09:26 PM   #3  
One day at a time

I posted this on the last thread but at the time I am currently rereading Dr Phils Weight Loss Challenge and still working on Four Blind Mice.

Angie~glad to hear about the book Sams Letters to Jennifer. Was wondering if it was good. I figured it was tho or I wouldn't have bought it-duh. Anyway, I have it also...just haven't gotten around to reading it.

Marti~I too love to read, always have since grade school. But it seems now days I have to be in a mood. And when I am I go crazy and try to read a lot of books. Then I just stop...like now. I should have been done with the Four Blind Mice but the holidays came and I guess I just got busy with other stuff.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:29 PM   #4  
PamPSM644

Just thought I'd share an auther I am so impressed with. His name is Christopher Paolini and the books name is "Eragon".He started to write this book right after graduating highschool at 15 yrs old.He was inspired by a love of Tolken. He was all of 19 when this book was published.It's wonderful read for adults and teens and the jacket says he's writing another book that is a continuation of this story.`15 ,wow
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 07:07 PM   #5  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

I just got finished reading Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination. Its Helen Fielding's newest book. She wrote the Bridget Jones books. I'm now reading Anthony Keidis' book Scar Tissue, the chili peppers are my favorite band.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:15 AM   #6  
One day at a time

Finally finished Four Blind Mice by James Patterson-wow-great book. Now I am going to start Sam's Letters to Jennifer-you have me curious Angie. Of course I have been meaning to get to it. That and Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas by him also.

Happy reading everyone!
Old 01-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Angie~I see why you cried...I started and finished Sams Letters to Jennifer Sunday. When I start reading a good book I almost have to finish it and I couldn't put this one down. When you know who told Jennifer he had you know what I almost died!!! (I don't want to give away too many details in case someone is going to read it!) Such a good book. I am a big fan of James Patterson, good writer. I started Suzannes Diary to Nicholas yesterday and am reading it in between Dr Phils book and Fit From Within. I have already read those two but kept them as I figured I would read them several times. this time I am making notes and writing down some good points. Really gets you to thinking about a lot of things.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I loved Letters to Nichols too..
I have to say James Patterson is one of my favorite authors too, just finished Big Bad Wolf...ooo was it ever good. Hated that it was over. Can't wait for the next book...this is the Alex Cross series.
Right now I am reading Kiss me while I sleep, by Linda Howard,,, oh so good. Very intense.
I find the ladies at work are all Nora Roberts fans so we share our books around the room.... I feel like Im the library with all my books piled on the floor near my desk and every so often someone stops by for something to read.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:26 AM   #9  
PamPSM644

Anyone ever read Tony Hillerman?I love the way he can weave a muder mystery around the fabric of Native American traditions and beliefs. I get a good read and lean things all at the same time.I just started "Skeleton Man". Sence I've read so many other of his books with these same heros it almost like visiting with old friends.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

oooh Pam I will have to look into that author. Thanks...
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:56 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Oh my goodness! I was finishing up Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas yesterday and it killed me! Angie I am not sure which one made me cry more...that or Sam's Letters to Jennifer. I really liked them both and if anyone reads them make sure you have kleenex close by. Also read Buried Lives last night-had to see what happened and boy was it confusing at first. It all came together in the end and I was a little surprised. Crazy stuff but good book, or so I thought. Okay, so I was on a reading binge yesterday and last night. I started Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich. Got to Chapter 4 and couldn't stay awake any longer. Not sure why I haven't read any of these books before. I am hoping to finish it today-not sure what I will read after that.

Happy reading ladies!

Edited: Still working on Hard Eight and then will start Honeymoon by James Patterson. Forgot that I had ordered it a month ago and it wouldn't be available till Jan.-just received it yesterday. It is supposed to be really good so we will see.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-11-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:37 AM   #12  
Closed

Hi Everyone
Cristi are you a speed reader,or just in the mood to read,I have been on a hiatus from reading for a short while, everytime I put a book in my hands I fall asleep, I found one of those little book lights over the holidays when I purchased some books for my son at coles ,He asked for The Hiram Key and The Second Messiah by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas. He also loves Carl Sagan,anyway when he's done I may give them a read except for Carl Sagan thats a little deep for me. But having said that, my much anticipated book Unexpected Blessings by Barbara Taylor Bradford has been shipped , I have been waiting for it since last May, I also ordered Once Upon A Rose by Nora Roberts, and for a complete change of pace Witness,by Amber Frey, not really sure if there is anything more to learn about this tragic story, but I have followed it from beginning to end so I would like to hear what she has to say, not the kind of book to bring enjoyment though. What type of books are those ,you girls are reading, Four Blind Mice ,Hard Eight, Big Bad Wolf, Pam my son loves JRR Tolkien books he has many.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:00 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Ellen~no speed reader here...just love to read and have since I was young. That's what DH does and DS#2-they don't care to read-think it is boring and can't get thru many pages. DH will fall asleep after a few pages. I started the kids young on books and two of them still enjoy reading. Of course they read different stuff than I do. DD is into poetry and religion stuff, among other stuff, all kinds. DS#1 is a history buff and also likes religion, plus stuff like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings. Me I read all kinds of stuff except stuff like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings-LOL or stuff like Anne Rice writes. Four Blind Mice is a murder mystery. James Patterson is a good Author and writes different stuff but most of the stuff I have read that he wrote has been murder mysteries. Here lately I am into a mystery mode except for Sam's Letters to Jennifer & Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas-those too were good but sad. I didn't even know he wrote stuff like that. Hard Eight I must say was very good. For some reason I thought Stephanie Plum was a PI but she is a bounty hunter and very funny. Love grandma and the sister! I stayed up till 2 this morning so that i could finish this book and I definitely will be reading more,especially if any of them are like Hard Eight.

Happy reading...
Old 01-17-2005, 10:52 PM   #14  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I made a different choice in books, as I mentioned up above , I ordered Amber Freys Witness, I followed the Laci Peterson Tragedy from beginning to end, the whole thing haunts me still,. I changed my mind wondering if I really wanted to read or hear any more about the tragic conclusion,so I put in a cancellation order, but they had already shipped it out, so I recieved it today, and I read it from cover to cover in one sitting, Unbelievable turn of events in Ambers life, Its so surreal. anyway I am not dissappointed to have received it ,but it still haunts me ,I don't think I will ever be able to put Laci's beautiful face and smile out of my mind.
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Ellen - the whole situation was just so sad! When I see Laci's mom and dad on TV, that's when it gets to me, although I also feel sorry for Amber Frey.

I bought John Grisham's new novel The Broker yesterday. I have only read a few pages, since I was so tired when I went to bed, and didn't last long, lol. If I can get my work done early enough, I'll read some during the day today and not wait for bedtime. It's funny, because in the first paragraph, he mentions the US president from Vincennes, William Henry Harrison. He caught a cold during his inaguration which turned into pnuemonia, and he died 31 days later. Harrison's home is a big tourist site here.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote