View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #8
Sheila53

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Hi,

I'm glad your nephew is stable, Candlelady--there is still hope! He's in my thoughts and prayers.

From 70 degrees to 20 degrees? Wow! Wearing shorts one day and a parka the next. That's an incredible drop in temperature. Are you exercising at all, Candlelady? It's a good stress reliever, and can help chase the blues away. I know I've been exercising up a storm lately! I do hope you get some of your energy back and feel better.

SunnyD, the news makes the weather sound pretty bad in your area. I hope your power doesn't go out. If ours went out, we'd have to huddle under the covers for warmth. Hhhmm, doesn't sound half bad, does it? Your friends sound like such nice people. We've moved around so much that we don't have a lot of friends, and the ones we have don't live near us. It would be nice to put down some roots, and get to know some people, although the older you get, the harder it is to make new friends. Luckily, I already have some friends in the place we hope to move, and also in the place we might have to move (back to where we came from in Idaho).

Hug your husbands tonight, please. My half-sister called to tell us that she lost her husband this morning. She'd called on Christmas and had told us that he had cancer in his kidney and had it removed, plus a couple of other health problems. Then less than a month later he's gone. I can't even imagine what she must be feeling right now, and don't ever want to. You know, I keep feeling that maybe Fatpuss lost her husband this summer, and that's why she's not posting anymore. I really hope I'm wrong about that.

I forgot to mention yesterday that my daughter called to tell us that she's going to the President's inauguration. While you all know I didn't vote for him, I am pretty excited for her. All the people where she now works on the Navy base in Norfolk were invited, along with spouses, and they're getting bussed up to D.C. Don't think she was invited to the ball, however. I hope she takes her camera (hhmm, can you take cameras?) and gets some photos.

Looking forward to some relaxing, yet gory, TV tonight. What can those CSI people come up with next?

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

The grand essentials of happiness are something to do, something to love and something to hope for - A. K. Chalmers.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote