Old 01-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #1  

Default New to 3FC

Hi there!
I am new here and I just started back to low carb yesterday. It has been a pretty rough 48 hours. I have done this before, so I know that the hard part will be over soon. I also started taking CortiSlim this week. I am the maid of honor in my sister's wedding in May so I need to "look good" for that. It is only 4 months away, so I have some work ahead of me.
I hope to get to know those in this group. I am looking forward to tips and ideas that I can use.
~Erin
Old 01-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #2  

Welcome, Erin! Nice of you to join us. Please feel free to post on our weekly chick chat thread so we can get to know you. This is a great place for diet and life support!

Kel
Old 01-07-2005, 10:25 AM   #3  

Stumbled upon this website through Google. I started Atkins on December 30, 2004. However, when sharing the fact that I am on Atkins with family and friends, all I have heard are negative things... such as... it is bad for your health. I figured I better find a support group to encourage the diet before family and friends persuade me to discontinue it! I have been successful in my weight loss on the induction phase and would like to continue to do so. Thanks for all the helpful ways listed to make this induction much more palitable!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #4  

Welcome!

I really hate it when people start with that negative crap about low carb. I mean, is it really healthy to be eating junk food, sugar, candy, no veggies, etc.? Because THAT is how I was eating before I went on low carb!

Please hop over on our weekly thread where we post about LC and general life - we would love to get to know you.

Kel
Old 01-08-2005, 12:09 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Yea the daily really gives a goood sence of belonging, and I sure do know that pressure of friends and family, even WW has a low carb arena too, They are all about giving up much of the breads and pastas now, so >>>>>

Welcome both girls!!
Old 01-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, TexanGirl and Erin! LC really IS the way to go. Ignore the naysayers!