Old 01-06-2005, 09:04 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Chit Chat #102

Welcome to the Jaded Ladies Club. We are a friendly group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies,

Marti - you mentioned that you got some scrapbooking stuff for Christmas. Have you had a chance to use any of it yet? If so, maybe you could put a link to your new pages? I had a good time in chat with you and Katy - you two are crazy, lol.

Katy - how's Miss Leigh today? Better I hope.

Ellen - hope Amelie is better today. I know what you mean about the vets. When our Chloe got hit, she fled, and it was around 11 at night when we finally found her. Our vet wouldn't answer their home phone, and neither were the other two who live close. But we found one in Illinois who said to bring her right over and she took care of Chloe. Cost an arm and a leg, but she's worth it. Maybe we should change her name to L'Oreal, lol.

Angie - how far apart do you and Ellen live? Aren't you on the west side of Canada?

Cristi - missed you in chat! Did you end up finding something fun to do? I get restless in the winter, too. Every year I get out the flower catalogs and plan more garden designs. With all the acreage, I'd never run out of places to put plants, lol. Last year I got some lavendar astilbe, and they grew well, but didn't bloom. This year, they will, and I know they'll be just gorgeous. As I mentioned on your other thread, I'd love to start a courtyard at the side of my house. That can really run into some major bucks, though.

Julie - yay for the bloodwork being good! Did you and DBF go to the going-away party?

Susan - what a sweetie you have in Rocky! The story of his wife and son is so touching! Ellen is right, don't give up - thinks will turn out ok.

Mindee - did Tommy find a job? Just wondering how that turned out.....

Makenzie-the-twin is going grocery shopping with me today. Might also stop in Penney's and see what else they've put out for Spring so far. Need to do my nails before I go, but have to clean the bathroom first. And fold a load of whites. Oh, the tribulations of a domestic goddess!

BBL,
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #3  
PamPSM644

Good morning ladies, Ellen ,is Amelie any better? I'm so lucky to have a vet I trust. His office is open 6 days a week from 8 am to 6 pm and it's on walk in basis.He treats everything,horses,birds,goats, you name it. We also have an emergency vet whos open when everyone eles is closed but it's more expensive to go there.The local Humain Society may be able to recommend someone good you can trust.Their now saying it could rain for the next 7 days. I know we need it but uhg,it's ruining my exercize plans.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:51 AM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Susan, you are blessed and so is Rocky to have found each other. Grab on and never let go. Had to go get some tp cause the box of kleenex is out,,,that was a beautiful post. Thank you.

Ellen, Could you find a new vet? Or maybe tell them you will be looking for a new vet, cause of the feeling you have from them. Skittles vet is fantastic, he calls to check up on her, she had a horrible flu like thing last summer,,,I was shaking so bad, Monte had to drive, Brandon and I sat in the back holding her,,,she is only 11 lbs but... So there was the three of us,,,holding her with tears in our eyes and the Dr. giving her an injection,,,
We talked about getting another pet,,either cat or dog. But we decided to just have one. Felt like we were talking about having another baby...lol

Jane, hope Katie is feeling better,,, have fun shopping with McKenzie.
Domestic Goddess, gotta love that eh? I have 20 minutes yesterday before having to get to work, I put a load of laundry in, grabbed the clean clothes 2 loads. Ran up stairs folded them in the living room,,,ran up the next flight of stairs,,,put the clothes away, took the javex wipes,,,cleane the boys bathroom, cleaned ours,,picked up dirty clothes along the way,,,put soem lip stick on,,,hair sprayed my hair...ran down stairs through the dirty clothes in the basket,,,cleaned the kitchen, swept the floor,,(not very good but got the big pieces. Then grabbed a baggy of crackers, juice box and out the door I went. who watched sopas and eats bon bons all day? Ellen and I live very far apart.

Julie, my Dr and I have a pretty good relationship, hes slim, but understands weight issues. HEs a guy but understands women's issues. IVes tarted getting my periods twice a month again. I started yesterday and I feel like someone kicked me in the back...I feel pretty yucky right now actually. Over a week ago I was in seeing him and hes already set up another appointment for me to see the Gyno again.
Anyways, better get showered and get myself out fo the house.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #5  

Afternoon All!!!

Im trying to catch up on posts here!!!

Ellen- sorry to hear about your baby...Id be totally distraught if something happened to one of my pups...that' for sure!!!

Jane- We didnt end up going to the party..I did call him tuesday morning before he left to say goodbye and wish him well...He was very nervous. I guess the oldest child whose 5 pulled a fit in the airport watching him leave...Of course I did suggest they not take the kids because of that, but who listens to me???? I guess the kids had a hard time, but they're dealing with it...He hasnt called to say he got there, but I think thats part of it. He wont be able to call during boot camp anyway.... Oh Well!!! DBF is playing the devil advocate, he doesnt think he'll last in boot camp..We shall See..

Angie- Sorry to hear you're having women problems, been there, know what it's like and it really drains ya!!!

Susan- We all have our problems in life going on, you're lucky to have someone whose so far away, yet cares so much!!! Sounds like a good guy..

Well its a real snow mess here in Rhode Island, had 6 inches, now freezing rain.. Have to work at the hospital tonight, so its gonna be a long night!!
Hope everyones having a good day
Julie
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:26 PM   #6  
Closed

Morining Everyone
well it was when I started , Amelie has been crying nonstop for 12 hours, I am beside myself with worry,I called the vet the minute they opened they ,said it takes about 48 hrs for the antibiotics to kick in, although I'm wondering why they didn't give her a shot while she was there instead of sending her home with a bottle of pills, would that have not gotten into her blood stream quicker , and then start the pills today.,since she has two week old kittens to feed,. I have another vet in mind, they deal only with ktties, so I will make an appointment for tomorrow, Our vet didn't have a burial box for Snookie , when she died , so I had to phone around to find one , and they are the ones who helped us.I haven't had any sleep, as hasen't Amelie when she nurses she falls asleep for a little bit and so do I , I am to old to be a new Mom .I am exhausted, I don't even know now if I can make my own doctors appointment , because I won't leave her alone for a few hours, Maybe I should take Amelie to my doctor ,she is so good to me, I only hope this new vet is the same for my kitties, its hard when you can't trust them to be there , when you need them , We also have an emergency clinic, which is 200$ to walk in the door,after hours only. But you should be able to count on your own vet.I don't know how many times I have taken one of my pets to the vet that day and have them sent home ,only to end up in emergency that night because of something they neglected to do . I am still upset over Nisa and Snookie:s care , they count on us for everything and I feel that I didn't do my best for them, I carry things like that with me ,and it hurts.I am like you Angie when the babies are sick the tears flow, what can you do , you love them , they are your family.I am going to make some coffee ,boy do I need it, and I will come back in a little while if I can get Amelie to sleep for a while don't know how , but I will try anything, Sorry I haven't had much focus on you girls of late , I promise I will ,things are just a little out of sorts with me and Amelie. I discovered your what would you change sight yesterday, boy that was easy , be back later girls and thankyou for asking about Amelie.(((HUGS)))
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 01:50 PM   #7  

Morning all,
Actually I'm late so afternoon. Just popping in to say Hi.

Susan: Wow..what a wonderful man you have in Rocky. I am not familiar with your situation but he is someone that you should hang onto with everything that you have.

Angie: What a busy girl you are. Good Lord. I needed a nap just reading what you got done in such a short amount of time. I have ten minutes and watch TV. Maybe I should re-evaluate. Have you talked to your GYN about Seasonal? The B.C. that regulates your cycles to only four a year instead of twelve or thirteen. Mine had gotten out of hand and I went on that and LOVE it. I can plan vacations or outings with no fear now. My DH loves it more than I.....only four PMS tantrums a year now.

Julie: Snow...EWWW. I'll send you some of our freakish warmth. I'm in Maryland and I just heard this morning that it will be in the 70's next week. DH already has the golf clubs out! I'm sticking to this diet with every part of my being as I will be in shorts sooner than later it looks like. I went all of last year not wearing shorts. This will not be a repeat performance of that. Too hot.

Ellen: The babies doing better? I know how hard it is when one of the four legged variety gets ill. We lost our dog in October and we still tear up at the memories. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

To all: Have a wonderful day. stay healthy, dry and warm.

My week has been hectic. I have been staying so true to this diet...since Monday. Have not had the motivation to get my fat behind into the gym but it needs to happen soon. I did have a momentary mid life crisis. I have blond hair and decided it would be better not to. My hair is now...dark. It looks black to me but DH says it just looks dirty. Apparently it is not as dark as I think it is. I am getting it cut on Saturday. Told you...this is the year for change for me..scary. Wonder what I'll do next.

Ann
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Ann, is it a pill or a needle? Its just I had surgery last year to FIX this, its called an abalation, where they scald the lining in the uterus.
I was suppose to have my hair cut today but the new stylist called in sick....

Ellen I wish I could be there for you,,,,let you sleep while I held you babies....fingers crossed you get soem help for your poor lil momma.

well better get to work, thinking of you...
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good day everyone. Sounds like everyone here has been very busy. I don't know how you all manage the things you do. Makes me feel really lazy!

It is not warm and sunny here in Nevada this week. We have had lots of rain and chilly wind. Since we have been in a drought for years it only seems right that we celebrate this damp weather. If you can imagine, the reservoir has been down 87 FEET. I do hope that all JL's who are having ice and snow will stay safe and warm.

My DD has a nasty cold/sinus thing going on, so we have stayed in for a few days. I have caught up on the laundry, ironing and housework. Now I am going to work on recovering my computer...hope I can get it back. It is so slow and bogged down I am going to clean it all up.

Family wise there are alot of changes going on and I am holding my breath to see which are good and which are bad changes. Hopefully 2005 will be good for all of us.

I will do individuals if I get my computer back after this recovery.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #10  

Angie.. It is a birth control pill. Very low dose. You take it daily for eleven weeks then off one, so forth and so on. No ill effects.
yetagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon-

I am just sitting listening to phone messages. The door keeps opening and our bell rings. Driving me nuts! Cause I have to get up and go around the corner to look.
Just the maintenance guys thinking they are funny - hahahaha.....they really are a fun group of co workers, I am lucky there . My boss is super and it is easy to work with him.
Ugh......my painter just came in and cut up his company credit card!! If he has money on that I want it - lol......geesh....

Rebecca streaked her hair over the weekend. I thought she had beautiful red hair but she wanted something more, so we did the application and she is thrilled. I think it only last for 28 washes so I will be happy when it all washes out.
Rachel just got her braces on ,she really doesn't have crooked teeth - only slight but enough to warrent braces for a year.
Their dad is super because for the most part he is right on top of things and spoils the girls rotten.
With my Goodwill mind I think tooooooo much but they only have a childhood once.

I have $50 on my Gap gift card still - really hard to go in there and buy $35 jeans (Goodwill - 3.99!!- lol) I think I will buy Gaby some boots and maybe a shawl.

Took my rental back this morning. Got a ride home and Doug came and picked up Gaby. I had to tell the other babysitter I needed to take some time off and get caught up in bills. I cried.......*sigh*. I told my mom and she just said "oh, for pet sakes Susan you are caring more about Leslie then yourself"
Leslie and mom are friends.....but ya, I felt bad at the late notice, she just had gone full time and Gaby was potty trained by her and learning manners.....lol.. so , I cried.

Rocky is a one of a kind. Holding on tight with him and he is so kind and loving. He will pay my car deduct this afternoon on his lunch break. He also was sending Rebecca some birthday money,,,,,,,,,,and it isn't really about $$$$ just one part of him that speaks so much about his giving heart.

His wife was 300 pounds when she passed away. There is only 1 picture of the 3 of them as a family , taken in the hospital. He said his wife hated it ((because of her weight, she had always been super thin and the heart medicine made her gain weight))and wanted it thrown away, so he did only to go back and get it out of the garbage.It hangs in Kris's bedroom and ........Rocky just really is the sweetest.

Being overweight most of my life and thinking thin equals happiness .....that is so false.He would never not love me for my weight and what the scale says.....I guess being teased as a child and even having a husband call me names. There is healing to be done and Rocky is just like a breath of fresh air to my spirit.

Blah- sound like I am writing a novel - lol....

k- gotta go!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

psssst, Cristi.....

Someone made us some breads and oatmeal cookie with Brandy......want some?? Really good with coffee...

How are you??? Just wanted to say hi
Old 01-06-2005, 05:38 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good afternoon ladies~

Geez, just got thru reading ALL the posts and now don't really have much time to post myself. Couldn't get on earlier as we keep losing our electricity. Really tired of it...haven't had tv since some time after 1 am Wednesday. Last time I saw tv was Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Went to bed at 12:57 am and nothing since. Geez, what did people do back when they had no tv? But then I think of all those who are still without electricity and have had no heat since Tuesday morning. I have lived here in KS for almost 7 years and have never seen an ice storm and this is awful. DS#1 and I ventured out today and drove around and could not believe all the trees down...looks terrible. A lot of people still have a 4-6 day wait. Well, anyway...thank goodness we have a radio or I would be nuts!

Susan~what a beautiful story! Rocky is such a sweetheart and that email about his wife brought tears to my eyes. I love that song too. Delilah plays it a lot at night. Love listening to her. He definitely is a keeper.

Ellen~(((((HUGS))))) to you and your baby. You have been thru so much with them that few months and I feel for you. It tears me up to see our little Ernie dog sick so I know what you must be feeling. Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

Jane~I was on posting yesterday and completely lost track of time and forgot about chat. Didn't find anything to do-was just so bored. Finally dug out some DVD's to watch after dinner last night. Looks like I will have to do that again tonight. Watched Shrek 2-wasn't really impressed with that. Liked the first one A LOT better. Can't believe it is made for kids. Also, White Chicks, that was kind of funny.

Hi to everyone else, Katy, Sue, Julie, Ann, Kathy, Marti and anyone I may have missed.

Need to cut this a little short. Would hate to lose the post and need to get dinner started. Actually prepared to start at 5. Hopefully it will get done. Take care ladies and have a good one.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:41 PM   #14  
kitty Momo

Ugh..........now my post is out of order Cristi!! lol

anyway, offer for cookie with Brandy is still open. Maintenance Man says they are hard but if you dunk in cofee they are great.

lol

chat later
Old 01-06-2005, 05:42 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hey Susan~was just signing off when I saw your post. That sounds YUMMY! MMMmmmmm How fast can ya get it to me?! I'm fine, freezing my booty off here in the midwest. It is tooooo cold, and icy. And I have no tv! But hey, things could be a lot worse I guess. Talk to ya later.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote