Old 01-06-2005, 08:11 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #93

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:18 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and make time for you today!

Julie
Faye
Carri

Julie, you may want to cut and paste your post from this morning on the new thread.

SandyG: Umm, I know it is hard to turn someone down when they need help, but there MUST be boundries, time limits, etc or believe me, he won't leave. I think though he is already there, you HAVE to sit down with him and explain what your boundries are, how long he can stay, what is expected of him with regards to groceries, rent etc (btw, he HAS to help with some of this in some way not just mooch). It will keep from having a hard time of getting him out when things turn sour and they just might.

I am coming along, over the caffeine headache now and most of the gunk is out of my system. I just have to start controlling the overeating and keep my calories in control, which is the real issue. I didn't eat a lot yesterday but had a lot of fattier foods.

Everyone have a spectacular day. Going to get my chores done then out for the walk.

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-06-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:20 AM   #3  
It is what it is...

Morning All

I had another 3 pointer yesterday...the headaches have been better than they were at first but still are there off and on so I am still taking pain medicine and looking towards the future...I know last time I started this I had hunger and caffiene headaches off and on for like two weeks...it doesn't help that the weather is so back and forth ( 50 degrees, 25 degrees, 60 degrees
etc ) here, may be partly sinus...

Sandy - Thanks for the kind words...hope everything goes ok with Richard...keep in mind that it is temporary, I know I would probably do the same thing and let him stay for a while...it will be okay

Julie - Looking forward to seeing your weight loss tomorrow, I do not think I am going to weigh myself until I have been on plan for two weeks...that way I will not be so shocked...or depressed...

Faye - Glad to hear you are feeling better...the food thing is so hard to get ahold of...I have done it now for 4 days, but I am hungry and headachey...so I know it is not easy, but you will get it.

Amanda and Amanda 456 - Hope you both are doing well, and "hello"...

Later Girls ...
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:20 AM   #4  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Let's see some losses, girls!

I will check back in a little later

Faye
Old 01-07-2005, 07:25 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies!

Drum roll please....................... 3 pounds lost! Down to 211. A bit of a disappointment, cuz all week I've been around 210. But I am pmsing, so likely it's just water. Still, that's more loss than I've had in months.......so WOO HOOO! Only 2 pounds away from my January goal.

Also a 4 point day yesterday. Can't wait to see everyone else's losses!

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #6  
It is what it is...

Morning All ...

I had a 3 pointer yesterday and am so proud of myself for being OP all week!!!!!!!!!!! Now if I can just get through the first weekend
Like I said yesterday I am not weighing myself until next week so I do not know what I weigh, I just know it cannot be good, ha ha

Julie - Great job on the 3 pounds!! That is awesome for you!!!

Faye - Any weight loss this week?

I went and got some more things from the store last night and stocked up on protein, I have been hungry all of the time and I am mostly eating carbs, so I am going to start making my snacks protein ( peanut butter, cottage cheese, lunch meat, etc ).

Sandy, Amanda, Amanda 456 - Hope you all ( and Julie and Faye ) have a great OP weekend...

Talk to you all later!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #7  

Hi ladies!
Im Nikki, I was wondering if I could join your group? I weigh 190 and i want to get down to 130 or so. I love you out look on this and would love to be a part of it.
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #8  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie
Carri
Faye
Amanda

LBS DOWN THIS WEEK:

Julie
Nikki
Amanda

I am still over what my scale can weigh so I have to wait until I get below it and then calculate my losses. I have had one "medical" thing after another and now I have another one that is going to prevent me from exercising for at least a couple days. I cannot lift anything either and you know me and my clean gene so that is going to be tough. I am a-ok so don't worry about me, just a little result from some of the other problems I was having, nothing to worry about. I am really working at eradicating bad things (I have stopped the sweets and soft drinks) and am doing well with water and exercise.

Nikki: You are more than welcome here. We always love newcomers, though most of them wander in and never come back. We hope you are here to stay. I am asking that newbies post for at least a month before I put them on my weight loss tracker for the year at the bottom of my post ( the group one) As far as everything else, points each day, topic participation, one month, 6 month and a yearly goal, Friday lbs down, etc we welcome your input. I only ask for a month's participation because if I add you in on the tracker than you decide you don't like it here or it is not right for you, it messes up our totals for the year. I am the thread administrator and I know that can put some people off and others like not having to worry about starting new threads etc. Anything you need to know or want to ask feel free. I am in and out a lot checking on the progress of the thread and the posts and you can pm me at anytime with ?'s, comments etc you don't want to post. Hope you make this your home and we can help get you where you want to be! Be sure and read the first post of the thread. It contains all the info on what we are doing here! Also, tell us a little about yourself!

Girls, I was looking at my bios on each of you and they are really old, so if you can either e-mail me or pm a new set of bios, I will compile them again. No rush, just when you think of it

Everyone have a good day. It is cold and rainy and miserable here today! ICK!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-07-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #9  

Sounds good!
Here's a little about me: I'm 18 years old. I'm a freshman in college majoring in mental health and psychology. The way the mind works and all the theories and studies fascinate me...I could read about them for hours. My biggest passion is recreational surfing. People don't think I can do it because I'm overweight and a girl, this makes me work harder because I am extremely competitive and always have to prove people wrong when they make assumptions about my abilities. I work at an amusement park (when it isn't closed for the season) and it's the best job ever, I love it. Where else can you come into contact with thousands of people a day in a generally happy and exciting environment? Plus it makes me lose weight because the place is like 60 acres big and I live in Texas, so I just walk around in 100 degree weather all day sweating my butt off. I lost about 35lbs last season. And as long as we're talking about losses since today is Friday, I'm down 3lbs this week. Started at 192.5 and ended at 189.5. Well, that's about it for me! If you want to know anything else just ask!
Yall keep up the good work!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #10  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday and I'm down 2lb!!! YAY!! It just goes to show that even though my cals were over 2000 for most of the week, I'd still cut back ALOT!!(and started exercising regularly). I'm really pleased to have lost 2lb as I've still got PMS and have alot of water retention.

FAYE - Hope your back up and exercising soon.

CARRI - The first week is the hardest - well done for sticking with it, especially when you are feeling rotten.

SANDY - Thanks for your kind words. Hope it all goes okay with Richard - I have a silly point, which I am sure you have addressed already - make sure Corey doesn't think that you are getting back together!!I know alot of kids who would be over the moon if their dad moved back home - who are they to know the reasons behind it. Other than that - try to set a time limit as I know what men are like and they get their feet well under the table - especially if you start cooking and cleaning for him!!

JULIE - Woo-hoooo on your 3lb down!!! That is really good and your weight is shifting again which is great!

NIKKI - Hi there, you are very welcome here! Hope you can stick around and get to know us all. Your course sounds interesting - I studied Applied Social studies and social work at University and I too found the psychology courses most interesting. Well done on your 3lb loss - you are well on your way!!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:56 PM   #11  

Hi ladies,
I know I don't usually post this late, but I just had an interesting evening. I took the kids to McDonald's for dinner, cuz we were out late and we hadn't been there in MONThs. I'm pmsing bad and everything looked so good! I could have eaten three big macs and a couple pounds of fries, I was so hungry. But I forced myself to have a chicken salad and water. Which is still way too many calories for one meal, but it's about as good as you can get there. I also permitted myself a small fry and a bite of my daughter's hamburger.

Well, I was still hungry,still craving junk. I reaalllly wanted an apple pie or two. THen I thought about the fact that I was going shopping afterwards and told myself if I could get out of there without eating anything, I could get a Real treat. For me, that means splurging on Breyer's mint chip ice cream. THey have actually shrunk the size of the box and raised the price to over $4.20! But I just love the stuff.

So, long story short....I got home with out going crazy in the grocery store. Got out the smallest bowl I have, and sat down to REALLY ENJOY a couple scoops of ice cream. Now, I know it put me off my points today....but I'm so proud of myself for not caving in at McDs and for Choosing my treat consciously and allowing myself to eat it without feeling guilty. I ate way fewer calories this way, and it was what I really wanted. Plus, the kids and I had a great little impromptu sundae party at home.

Oh, and I also went for a long walk in the snowy woods today, so I don't feel like I did too much damage. Just thought I'd share, cuz I'm feeling pretty good about myself. And also to let you all know that I thought about you all while I was sitting there smelling all that grease and salt. It was you gals that kept me sane! So Thanks!

Oh, welcome NIkki....You'll really like it here, if you can stick around. We're a great bunch a gals! And congrats on your loss this week

Okay, gotta go get the little ones in bed.
TTFN,
Julie
Old 01-07-2005, 07:59 PM   #12  

Hey, Faye! Move that group ticker!!! It looks so pathetic sitting at zero!
Julie
Old 01-08-2005, 09:13 AM   #13  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What funny story about your kids, hubby, whatever do you have to share with us today to make us smile?

Morning gals. Hope you are having a good weekend though most of you are still snoozing I bet! I am sleeping so very badly that I don't think I ever get rested anymore. This too shall pass. I am going out in just a little while and get my walk in. It has stopped raining though it is misty and a little chilly we are going to be warming up again.

Ok, you losers, don't slide backwards on my now since I moved the tracker! I was going to do it the first of every month, but I think Julie is right, we at least need a good incentive so I put in this weeks lbs.

Everybody have a good day!

Faye
Old 01-08-2005, 09:45 AM   #14  

Morning Ladies!
Thanks for moving that ticker, Faye, it looks much happier now!

Okay, this thought isn't exactly sunny......but it'll make you laugh. I'm laughing this morning, though I wasn't last night.

DH went to Connecticut with "the boys" for the weekend, right? So, one of his friends offers to drive and picks him up at work. Now, work is a 45 minute drive from our house, on a dry spring day...it snowed 2 days ago and the roads are still ify. Remember this, it's going to be important. My youngest daughter is spending the night at a friend's house. I had a pleasant evening with the kids, which I already told you about. Spend some quality bonding time with my eldest daughter and went to bed around 10.

So at 12:02 AM the phone rings and I about have a heart attack! I never knew how FREAKIN" LOUD the phone in our bedroom is. My heart pounding and my head still half-dreaming, I answered more or less coherently and all I hear is "THis is blah blah blah POLICE DEPARTMENT". Oh CRAP! What's happened to my daughter???? Then they go through this whole "Is James or Julie Eason home?"

"Uh, yes. This is Julie"
"Do either of you own a 1998 white subaru legacy wagon license plate....blah blah blah"
"Uh, yes."
"And just who would be driving that vehicle now, Ms. Eason?"
"Uh, no one. It's in a parking lot in Gardiner"
'Uh-huh. Well, according to City Ordinance number blah blah, you have 20 minutes to remove the vehicle or it will be towed."
"Huh?"
"According to City Ordinance......." He repeats this ordinance line like four times! Apparently, James left the car in his work parking lot and they had to plow it over night.

"Um, dude, I'm in CHINA.....and I have three kids asleep....cuz, it's like MIDNIGHT!....and even if I was already half way there, there's NO FREAKIN"
WAY I could be there in 20 minutes!"

"Well, according to CIty Ordinance......"

SO, I basically told them to just tow the damn thing cuz there was absolutely NOTHING I could do at midnight, by myself, 45 minutes away from the thing. He was baffled that I would just tell him to tow it. The kicker was, I asked him for the phone number of the towing company and how much the impound fee would be and he said:
"Oh, we have no idea which company it will be yet. And we have no control over what they charge for towing." Is that a load of crap or WHAT??? So, James is gonna come home to no car, and what ever fee the towing company wants!

After I hung up, I was so hyped on adrenaline that it took me an hour to get back to sleep. GRRRRRRRRR............I'm still pissed! This happened once before to us when my car broke down on the highway in NC. They called my MOTHER in TEXAS to tell me to move it. I wasn't home, because my car had broken down, and was staying at a friend's house. She finally tracked me down there at 3am and told me, get this, "sweetie, you have to move your car now because Dan Quayle is driving down that road tomorrow."

So we spent HOURS trying to figure out a way to get my car moved when my friend finally just pulled out his credit card and paid for a tow. SHEESH! Do we live in a F***Ked up world or what???? At least I don't have to worry about a wall of water wiping me off the planet! Gotta keep it all in perspective, you know

Well, hope that made you gals laugh. Honestly, it's all so stupid I just have to laugh cuz what else am I gonna do?? Can't wait till James calls tonight and I can tell him the news! Actually, this is usually the kind of thing that would happen to ME, so I'm just tickled that for once it's NOT ME

Okay, gotta go clean now. I've got 25 dancers coming over today to watch videos and party.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
TTFN,
Julie
Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning chickies.

First of all welcome Nikki! This is such a wonderful supportive forum. Just like home only better. Nobody here to undermind you here.

About the living arragements........Corey has been told that Richard is here temp, also have talked with Richard at great length about this stay. He does know that he is welcome til he gets him money in which will be about mid Feb. I have also told him that he is to take care of half of the utilities. This and his share of the groceries will be fine with me. There have been restrictions on the phone i.e. no long distance calls and the internet useage as well. I only have so many hours and he knows that any overage is his responsibilty to pay. As for cooking and cleaning I have told him that he is on his own. So far he has accepted all of this. Julie, as for the "space" issue I have been reading more than usual that way I can go into my bedroom and get away from everything. Also I guess that it helps that I at work over 50 hrs a week now and then there is my second job.

Faye, I am with you there on working of getting rid of things slowly. No matter how hard it is we all have to remember why we are doing this. Each and everyone of us has our own reasons. I am a firm believer that if this isn't for you then this weight journey will not work.

Julie, I am happy to see that you made a way to have what you wanted and not get that guilt. THat is my biggest problem.

Amanda, 4 pointers and lbs down. You go GIRL!

Carri, things will slowly get there hand tuff.

No 4 pointers but I am getting there. The workouts are comming along but I am taking a break til my jaw heals. Was suppose to have a tooth filled but unfortantly it had to be removed and there has been so much swelling and discomfort, ok down right pain, that I have decided to take it easy til Monday. The good thing got on the scale and YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful feeling.

Hugs
sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote