View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
Sheila53

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome, Cassie--fifty and fabulous! I'm approaching 52 now, married for 23 years, have a blended family of four children, and have one beautiful four-year old granddaughter who is my avatar. Also have three cats and one stinker of a little dog who just turned 13. As you can see by my signature, I've lost 82 lbs. now (although I haven't weighed since sometime in November) and am nearing my goal. Hope you stick around and tell us your hopes, dreams, and weight loss plans.

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday season this year, SunnyD, with your Thanksgiving trip and awesome Christmas and New Year. I wonder if you were the only one of us to actually go to a party?? Well, of course, you are the baby of the group. When you turn 50, you'll quit your wild ways! This is going to sound sappy, but you are just so darn cute. You have the most beautiful smile, and when I look at your photos, I can't help but smile, too. We won't even talk about your handsome hubby! Seeing you guys so much in love after 30 years makes my heart happy. I want you guys to cook my turkey next Thanksgiving--yours look really yummy. So can you eat gingerbread houses (that one is incredible, by the way) or are they just for decoration? I've never built one so I don't know if you put inedible stuff on it.

Well, I went to check out the facility my Dad is interested in. He wanted to get the cheapest room--a small studio with a shared bathroom. No way! I came home and told him all the reasons he needed a private bath (when he has to go, he has to go right now and can you imagine if the other guy was in the bathroom?), and he also needs another level of care. He was moaning about the money, but he has enough money to live for 20 years on what he would be paying for the most expensive one-bedroom place at the highest level of care. Must be the depression mentality. I told him that I would have to insist on the studio with private bath and the extra level of assistance because he needed to be kept healthy and comfortable. When dinnertime rolled around, he came out and said that he would go for what I had talked about. Good, because I would have had to use the POA to get him to do it. We're back eating together again because he said he wouldn't talk to my DH unless addressed. I know, it's weird, but, hey, we can hopefully last 15 more days without another outburst. It's been tough trying to arrange everybody's meals, and I hated seeing him eating alone, although I started joining him for lunch, and my DH has been eating at his desk.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I can't remember if there's a new CSI on tomorrow, but I hope so.

The grand essentials of happiness are something to do, something to love and something to hope for - A. K. Chalmers.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote