Old 01-05-2005, 02:54 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives #5 WEDNESDAY HUMPDAY!!

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:42 AM   #2  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi ladies, hi Penny - how's that eye?

Jeniqua - I'm so sorry your DH is sick! Is there anyone who can take you to the hospital to see him? I know you wish you could be there - I'll keep him in my prayers today.

Crystal - I'm very impressed with your gain - 25 lbs is awesome! I hope you're sleeping better. Hugs to you.

Roxy - hi!!

I hope we hear some good news from Jill soon.

Chris - glad you got the tape (sorry it took me a while to send it!) and I hope you like it - I really liked Hilary's manner and style - the fact that she has four children inspired me, too.

Melissa - keep your chin up - fatigue is a big eating trigger for me, too. Still learning how to deal with that. Hope you're having a better day today.

Hi Michelle, Deanna, Kristin, Geri, Cyndi, Ricci!!

My DD is so sick - coughing, runny nose and eyes. She's miserable. Lots of TLC and TV time today. And of course, in anticipation of getting the cold, DH is acting pitiful and doing lots of whining. WHAT is THAT?!? Aargh.

I did okay yesterday on my eating. Okay, I had a swig of a milkshake, but not much. Still, better, relatively speaking. I hope you are all doing well today.

treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:12 AM   #3  

Morning Tracy! Sorry to hear dd is so sick. I pray that everyone gets well and stays that way.

Hey Penny, I see you started a thread at 3am, so I bet you are sleeping still!

Jeniqua, I am so sorry to hear about your dh. I hope he is well soon! Prayers go out to you and your family. Don't worry about the pics. You get them in when you can. I think we will all understand.

As far as THE BIGGEST LOSER last night. I Love MOE, but I do think that he didn't work as hard and didn't push as hard as the other three, so I think it was the right choice. I know he is large and all and it's harder for him to work, but he is so big, he should have lost more. He admitted he could have stepped it up a bit before now. But I think the other three are the top percentage in there loss and they ARE the biggest losers, so they should have there shot at it. Ok, enough about that.

No gym for me today, I have to bring the car to be repaired and get the rental. It's raining here, but not very cold, so I might just run some errands. bbl
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:34 AM   #4  
I'm a homeschool mama

Good morning. Wanted to check in real quick before I have to get started on breakfast. We're staying home all day the temp is suppose to start dropping and it's going to get cold. Anyways, didn't sleep great but what's new, right?

Penny, my water has never broke on it's own, they've always had to break it. Not to say it won't this time, but I don't think it's likely. I know she'll come when she's ready, I'll keep her just the way she is as long as she needs me to I suppose.

So today, we'll school and I'll keep working on ebay, looking for things for the new house as well as putting some more things on there to sell, hopefully. I'll try to check in later.

Hope everyone has a great day. Hello to all of you desperate housewives.
TTYL
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning!
Listen.....do you hear that? What, nothing? That's right!!! School's back in session. Yahoooooo! Older boys are out too, and the babies and DH are still sleeping. I've had my shower and currently sipping on coffee. I feel almost human again! This seems to have been a longer school break than normal. I finished making Michaela's Christmas present, a magic cabin doll. Took me three days! That's what she wanted. Now they all want one. Thank goodness I have more time for that. It is chilly this morning with a temp of -5. Brrrr! Have to get movin'.

Crystal- you are doing so well on your pregnancy this time, bless your heart. You will feel so good afterwards too, and the weight loss will be great! Isn't that almost like magic the day or two after the baby comes and the scale goes down 30 pounds? I wish that would happen all the time!

Mel-well...did you weigh yourself this morning yet? I bet this will be THE WEEK! Really! Hope your car repair will not be so hideously expensive! Gasp! I will try to send you some sun.

Tracy- good grief everyone is sick! I hope your dd is feeling better soon! Glad you are keeping on track and doing good!

Penny-love the cute graphics you are always coming up with! Where do you find them? Hope you are having a great day!

Jeniqua-I was lying in back last night praying for all of those who needed prayers and I didn't forget your dh. I hope he is better. Don't you have anyone who can help you? At least there's the phone. Try to keep well yourself, hopefully dh will get out today.

Well I better go and start some LAUNDRY. I heard some grumbling about being out of underwear yesterday, so back to the grind for me! I think I'll make some soup today for supper. I'll put it on the woodburning stove and it will go all day. Yum! TTYL

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:08 AM   #6  

Hey Crystal! Ya never know about that water breakin. Keep a towel handy girl!

ROxy, Iwish it was quiet here too. Whiney morning here for my two. I didn't check the scale, because I ate like a Pig yesterday! This morning, I ate two poptarts and will never do that again. they were 200 calories each ...YIKES!!! I usually eat Yogurt that is 160 Calories.....I couldn't believe it. I would have to work out like nuts for 40 minutes to get rid of it and I can't today, because of the car situation. The car estimate was 2700, but we only have to pay 500 deductible. Thank goodness for insurance! Anyway, what kind of doll is that. Can you send us a pic? I'd be interested in seeing it.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:36 AM   #7  
I'm a homeschool mama

Roxy, you've got that right. Even if no weight or not more than the baby comes off afterwards, the day and two after having the baby feel awesome. In fact, no matter how much weight comes off you feel like the thinnest person ever. It is a great feeling. And I'm hoping since I've only gained 25 pounds that most of that will be gone soon, usually since I gain so much barely a portion of that comes off.
Anyways,
Mel, I'll keep a handy towel, but I don't think my water will break, I really wouldn't know what to do if it did. I'm sure I could figure it out.
Okay, we're gonna start school shortly. Gotta go.
mamawithdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #8  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I didn't post this morning...

I was up, dressed and out the house with all the kids at 7:50 this morning... Go Me! LOL

I brought Hunter to school for 8 and was doing aerobics by 8:45am. So I'm home now and starving...

REMEMBER YOUR H2O today for the challenge, ladies!!!

Mel,
What's wrong with the car??? Hope you have a good day!

Crystal,
I know you are miserable honey Hang in there

Roxy,
Yum soup sounds goooodd! I am gonna grab some for lunch now What kind are you making???

Tracy,
Hope dd is feeling better soon!

Well it is a beautiful day here in Louisiana... 69temp So all the windows are open and we are gonna hang outside!

TTYL!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:19 AM   #9  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies..
Penny-I'm moving to your house. It's too cold here. 5 below zero.

Roxy-Are you the laundress princess today too? I swear it never ends. What is a magic cabin doll? Soup sounds good, actually great. Maybe that's what I'll make for dinner too. Or maybe some stew. It's cold and I want some "comfort" food.

Crystal-I gained a ton of weight with Tiana and Kayla. With Nicole, I only gained 16 lbs. I spent the first few months sick but I walked every other day with my sisters when we took the kids to swimming lessons so that really helped me out. And I stayed away from the fast food. With Tiana, I always had cravings for Whoppers and hot dogs w/relish. I hate hot dogs! Kayla and Nicole were weird. I was craving oranges and lemonade. And I filled up with alot of both. Do you have any foods that you just can't live without right now?

Jeniqua-How is your dh doing today? I hope he's feeling better. I included him and Bayley in my prayers last night. Looks like we'll have to add Tracey's kids too. Darn the cold and flu season.

Melissa-Glad your deductible was only $500. Gotta love insurance huh? Yes, I am drinking my water today.

Tracey-Guys are babies when they're sick. That's my opinion... I had to do a double-take when you said you were proud of the 25 lb. weight gain. I forgot who you were talking to...duh!

Okay back to the laundry monster lurking in the basement. Then I better finds me some breakfast. My tummy is growling.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

My girls seem to be feeling better thank god. Rowdy as ever this morning. Their noses are still a bit stuffy but the fevers seem to be gone.

Crystal, with Taylor my water broke about halfway through my labor (I was induced) and I thought I was peeing the bed with Teagan I was induced as well then they couldn't trace the baby on the monitor so they broke my water and again I thought I was peeing the bed lol but when they broke my water they attached an internal monitor to her head so they could trace her properly. I only gained about 10 lbs with Teagan and Taylor I gained about 70 lbs! I was diabetic with Taylor though. Can't wait to see pics of your new little one!

Mel, don't feel bad, just hop back on the wagon. Thanks for all the advice yesterday, I got the vapor plugs and they seemed to have helped out quite a bit and they had a vapor bath last night. Its only about 5 degrees out here so we're staying in today and watching Mary Poppins at the moment.

Penny, you busy girl you, what do you have planned for today?

Tracy I hope you dd starts feeling better, poor kiddo!! It seems we are passing their illnesses around the board lol.

Well I'm happy to report that as of today I am down 3.5 lbs and am now at 213.5!! Yayyyyy!! I'm sooo excited for weigh in on Sunday!! I haven't cheated at all and I feel sooo good!

Well I'm gonna try and get some housework done while the kiddos are watching Mary Poppins (Mary Hoppins, as taylor calls it).
TTYL!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Roxy-I just looked up Magic Cabin dolls on the internet. Oh my gosh...they are sooo cute. I want one...I might have to order me a kit or the patterns. Too adorable.

~chris
Old 01-05-2005, 11:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Chris I didn't forget you lol sorry I just got in a rush, its pretty cold here too, but again, we have the mountains boxing us in so it stays a bit warmer. I hope you have a great day!! Oh yeah tom came to visit me too so I know how you are feeling
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Michelle-Oh come on...I thought I was the only one ready to "kill" this week. I am a real moody person when TOM comes. Dh told me last night, he can't wait til this is over. I hope I'm not THAT bad.

BTW-Glad your little girls are feeling better. Other than the flu over the weekend, they seem to be their usual selfs.

~chris
Old 01-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #14  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

HI ladies, still in the hospital but I had to come home to get some sleep and to shower. As you can probably guess I'm a mess. I get worse with no sleep so for the past 30 minutes that I have been home I have been crying my eyes out. However it's so nice to see all of your posts and prayers, it makes me feel better. I'm just so overwhelmed and she was doing better and then last night her oxygen levels weren't as high as they had been and she keeps getting fevers. Doc says he doesn't want us to go home till she has 24 hours without a fever so that's at least another day now since she had one this morning. I know she will be ok one of these days but the longer it goes on the more I start getting bad thoughts in my head. She seems to be doing ok as far as her attitude and stuff. As long as she doesn't have a fever she's talking and playing and being a little goof as always so that it a good sign. She's always been such a good baby and to have an IV in her head and an oxygen and heart rate monitor on her toe and still be having a good time, you know she's a trooper. Anyway I need to go rest so I'm not a complete mess when I get back. Sorry to hear about everyone else's sicknesses too, it just sucks. Keep the prayers coming I think they are working. Love you guys
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #15  
a.k.a. Roxy

Peekin' in,

Chris- Yes, you got it. Those magic cabin dolls are just adorable! Micky had the 16" playmate fair with blond hair. I can't afford to buy one so I just had to make one. I was surprised how wonderful it turned out. My first doll project. You do have to know how to sew. I will post pictures of it later when I have some one to help me resize them with me. I know what I'll be doing later this year making at least four more dolls!! Even the fourteen yr. old wants one, can you beat that?! For you others, till I post the pics. the site is www.magiccabin.com under dolls, and doll kits. I have to say I had a ball making this.

Michelle- Oh those mountains sound so beautiful! We have friends in Colorado that send us pictures all the time. Gorgeous! Glad that the girls are feeling better today. WTG on the 3.5 lbs.!! even a little bit of weight off does feel soooo good!

Penny- we have soup like once a week. Cause it's economical and good for you. Today's soup of the day is green bean. No wait! It's really good. In fact, most of my children say it's their favorite. It's a german dish that goes back two generations in my family. Beef chunks, potatoes, green beans, all flavored with summer savory and salt and pepper. I'll make some french bread to go along with it. Done! This soup does cook all day and you can make it in the crockpot if you like.

Crystal- I have a feeling you are really going to do well this time, getting the weight off. you will probably be under 200 before you even have to start. So, I think you will do great!

Mel-pop tarts! The bain of breakfasts, as we know it!!! I love those things too! I won't even buy them, poison for me. Glad the insurance will pick up most of the cost of that fender bumper.

I have to set my bread real quick, and get dh lunch ready bbl.

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote