South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:08 PM   #1  

Default New to SBD: Need buddy support

Hi,
My name is Toya and today is my second day on SBD. I am a carboholoic and am seriously starting to feel the pangs of withdrawal. How you may ask? I smell chocolate cake and french toast when there is none around! I have tried WW and many other diets, but now its not about being thin its about living and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I have the cookbook and SBD book but I still need motivational support. Can someone please help?
HW-230
SW-225
CW-222
GW-160
Old 01-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #2  

Hi Toya! I am pretty new to the forum as well. My hubby, brother and I all started SBD on Jan. 1st. I know how it is with cravings, especially chocolate. I teach elementary school, and today the teacher's lounge was full of everyone's leftover Christmas candy. I was a good girl and ate my lunch and that is all, but if you could gain pounds from smelling and looking I would be in TROUBLE!!

My husband tells me this: Don't think of it as depriving yourself of anything, but eating better, in a manner that will help you reach your goals! If I can do it, so can you! I know you can!

Nally
Old 01-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #3  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Welcome! Stick your toes in the sand and stay awhile.

You will find all the support you need here at SBD, but you must be willing to seek it. Join us everday on the daily, you don't have to do a huge post but just check in. It helps you to focus. You will find this to be a very motivating and supportive group.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #4  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Welcome and there is a wealth of information on these boards. Some have been at this longer than others but everyone gives really good advice. Many of us started Phase I over with the holidays just past and so we are going through those withdrawals too. Mine has been an unrelenting headache.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #5  

Hi and welcome to the site.. I am sure that regularily dropping in and joining in on the chats will provide you with heaps of support.

See you around!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:19 PM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey welcome aboard! We will be here for you as long as your here! ;-)
Old 01-04-2005, 10:36 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Toya, welcome to the Beach! Your best bet is to post often, and you'll receive (and give, I'm sure) lots of support!!
Old 01-05-2005, 12:46 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone! I am glad that there is support for me and I will do my best to be a support to you as well.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

welcome Toya, I just started myself, this is my 4th day. I had an awful day yesterday, I wanted sweets yesterday really bad. I have tried atkins several times and failed on it. I think what has helped me with this so far is that I eat a Sugar Free Fudge Bar every evening, that helps so much with those sugar cravings. I've got plenty of support here so just ask, these ladies know it all
Old 01-05-2005, 08:52 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Toya. There is lots of opportunity to give and get support in this Forum.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #11  

Hi Toya,
It's one big buddy system here. Hope you find he support you need!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:55 AM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Welcome to SBD. Congrats on resisting the sweets...that is the first step and really hard while you are doing the detox stage. It will get better, just focus on your short term goals right now. It won't be so formidable to keep OP during Phase 1 if you know that you will be reaching a mini-goal in the near future.

Take care.
Closed Thread