Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #1  
tired of being fat

Default New Creations #4

Hello anyone and everyone. This is New Creations and I would like to personally welcome anyone who is interested in taking a journey with us to a healthier new you. We welcome anyone and everyone who is will to give and recieve support.

Let me start by saying I am sorry for not comming back last night and starting a new thread but my meeting ran late last night, then I had to come home and do dinner, help with homework, and get baths/showers done. Then Hubby wanted me to watch TV with him.
Anyway, the scale was nice to me again. I lost another 1.6 pounds. I guess those 100 crunches yesterday paid off. I figure I am going to switch between crunches, and workouts. SInce I did crunches yesterday, today I will do a work out. I am doing pretty good with my food choices again, and I have no problem with my water.
Well, I must go and get my son moving, he has to go to school soon and he is still eating breakfast .
I will talk to you all later.

Oh Jenn I tried to add you to my buddy list, did it work?

TTFN, Lori
Old 01-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #2  

Question Brrrr......it is cold here!

I am posting early today just because I fear with the ice storm we are having I may lose my internet today. I have dial up and sometimes ice causes the phone lines to fail. I hope everyone is having a great morning. I just finished WATP and a stretch workout. I think I slept wrong because I have a sore shoulder/neck muscle. I thought the stretching would help.
Lori Thanks for starting the new thread. You are always so welcoming a friendly. Also congrats on the weightloss You are doing so well! It is really motivating to see it can be done!
I must confess I am still having trouble consuming all my points in a day. I am seriously thinking maybe the core plan would be better for me. I guess it couldnt hurt to try! I just want to lose in the right way so I dont lose and gain back. I have spent to many years of my life doing that!
Now I am off to fold laundry If the ice doesnt stop me I will be on later to see how everyone is doing. Have a great day everyone and remember to stay positive
Old 01-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #3  
Jennifer

Default Well here I am

Hey Everyone,

I just got home from work (Babysitting) and doing my homeschool work done. I'm just about wore out! I've been playing tag with my little cousin that I baby sit (She's 2 years old) Running in the house thank goodness there is not much clutter. Maybe I will lose today I doubt I will. I've been faithful to my water and exercising this week! I hope I lose I hardly ever lose if I do bad from Sat- Tues and I have this week I just hope I haven't gained 5.2 again this week! If I do I will just cry my eyes out!
I had better go I have to eat lunch and then get ready to head out to weight watchers. I will update my weight loss in this topic and in the V-day challenge. I will talk to you all later! I hope you have the best weigh in's ever!

Last edited by Jennh1988; 01-04-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #4  
Jennifer

Red face Weigh in

Hey Everyone,

I just got back from Weigth Watchers I lost 0.8 Better than nothing! I thought I would get on and tell you all. See yun's later (LOL @ yun's)

Umma: My mom clicked no because she didn't know who it was wanting to add me to their list so she told me today and you can try again She said it was ok. See ya later!

Last edited by Jennh1988; 01-04-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:02 AM   #5  

Unhappy Behind and gaining!

Well, sorry I haven't been posting for a few days. As you know my New Years Resolution was to think more positively.
Well, here it is day 4 and I have already failed at that. I will just pick myself up and start again!
I am so happy to see all of you doing so well with your weight loss. I have not been so good. I gained 2.6 lbs. But you know what? I am going to get back on track! Tomorrow I will work out and eat right and drink all my water! So I will have good news next week. I got the 'ready, set, go' disk so I will check that out and see how it works. I was also thinking of getting eTools. Does anyone have that? How about the disk? If not then I will let you know how the disk is.
Kae I hope your grandmother is doing better.

Jenna and Steph Welcome! Your posts are very cool! Keep up the good work. We are with you!

I think I had gotten the winter blahs. I remember reading someone else had them too. Though I can't remember who.
I knew I would either gain or stay the same over the holidays. But it could have been worse! And now I have all of you to talk to and encourage me as well as the people at WW. So it will be much easier this time to get back on track. Thank you all!
I am going to end this now and get to bed. Work tomorrow!

Talk to you later and God Bless and have a great Wednesday!
Old 01-05-2005, 07:33 AM   #6  
tired of being fat

Good morning all,

Ok so this is terrible. I went to another WW meeting last night. We were in the area and had to wait for my son to finish his Karate, so I went. Then right from there we went out to eat and it WAS NOT WW friendly. Although I don't think I did to bad, I had teryaki chicken and vegitables over top of rice.I didn't eat much of the rice. But when we got home I ate one of the kids cookies from their dessert and I am not talking a small one. Needless to say I feel abit sick today. Guess I deserve it. So now I have 5 days to behave and hopefull not gain anything at my next weigh in.

Cyn- how was that ice storm? Hopefully not to bad. I also think Core might be a good idea for you if you are truly trying to get all your points in and just can't, then I say try core. If you don't like it you can always go back to Flex.

Jenn- COngrats on the loss. You can do it. Just remember to try to plan your weekends ahead of time and you will do great.
I also know how it is to be chasing after a little one. I have a 3 year old daughter that plays tag with me almost every day. Its good exercise so I don't mind.

Shawn- sounds like you have a poositive attitude, and thats all you need. Besides US, . Just start fresh today and you can make it work. I also got the Ready Set Go disc buthaven't tried it yet. Maybe today I will. Oh and I was the one who got the winter blahs. I hate that feeling and am glad its gone. Ihope it doesn't come back for either one of us or anyone else for that matter.

Well, time to go start my day. Today is crunch day. I did a workout yesterday so as I said before I am alternating days so today is crunches. I might do an extra workout since I was so bad last night.

I will talk to you all later. Have a happy and healthy day.

TTFN, Lori
Old 01-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #7  

Smile hello

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. I'm not sure if I have posted over here yet but I am doing WW and just started Monday. Of course, I've done it tons of times before, but this time is the last.

Congrats to everyone who has lost, thats awesome!!! Glad to see that it is working and the motivation here is wonderful. I love it!

Jenn - How old are you? I only read the 2 posts you wrote in this thread but from the honeschool I am thinking that you are maybe teens? I have a 12 yo daughter who is having a heck of a time and wants to lost but she just can't seem to get it together. I thought maybe I could get her to sign up here and say hello. Give you and her some extra support.

Well, I'm off to do some wash and clean and organize this desk. Talk to you all soon!
Vicki

PS - How do you get the tickers in your signatures? I added the html but it didn't work.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #8  

Smile It is still snowing and icy but my power is on!!

Hello everyone! Thankfully despite all the ice I still have power so I can post! There was no school today and I didnt have to babysit so I slept in this morning~big mistake! It was really hard to exercise after that but I did manage too do yoga and WATP. So far today I am doing very well. I even managed to organize a huge stack of bill/junkmail/??? that I had been putting off.
Anyhow now I am off to find something to fix my family for supper~right now nothing sounds good so I will have to search the pantry til an idea pops up. I hope everyone is doing well! Welcome to our new members! I will try to get back on later if possible. Stay focused and remember we can do this!!
Old 01-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #9  
Jennifer

Hey Everyone,

I just now got back from being gone since 10 30 I'm wore out and now I've got to go to church in 30 minutes.
Vicki: I'm 16 I have been on weight watchers for 3 years .
I gotta go I have to eat and go to church!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #10  

Smile The sun is shining!!!!

Hello everyone!! Well I am happy to report the ice storm is over and the sun is shining big and bright today. It is still very cold but just seeing the sun makes me feel better. School started an hour late today but other than that my family is back on their normal routine~finally I still havent made up my mind if I should switch to the core program. I have been reading lots of info on the net about both programs and I am sticking to tracking my points while I make up my mind. Besides with all the ice I havent been to buy groceries in days, and if I am going to switch to core I want to fill the pantry first. I think the reason I dont get enough points is because I ate so poorly before~never any breakfast and rarely any lunch~but I ate junk and unhealthy things throughout the day, then supper, plus evening munching! So when I think about eating breakfast, lunch, supper and snacks to lose weight it just seems like too much food. I know it is all in my head and I am working very hard to replace my bad way of eating but it is a big challenge. The good news is that I have been losing and working out and I feel great!!! This morning I used the total gym. Later I will do WATP. Since it is still so cold I will throw some veggies together and make a low point soup for supper. That is one thing my entire family will enjoy.
Have a healthy happy day evryone! I will check in later!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #11  
No Uno Mas?

Cool I'm Back

Hello Everyone,

Sorry..I've been MIA. My electricity went off @ 2:00 yesterday morning and just came back on today @ 1:40. We had a ice storm and when that happens I am the first to lose power all I did was sit around and eat I don't weigh in till Monday so I still have a few days to get on track but I don't think I did that bad other than not drinking enough water.
It was to cold to make that many trips to the restroom
I'll be back later to catch up..till then.
Have a good day
Old 01-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #12  

Hi there! Thanks to cyn37 for telling me about this and letting me come on over and join all of you. Im new to WW and have about 115 lbs to lose.....

Today was basically my first day on the diet. I think Im going to have trouble eating all my points (that sounds so funny...). But at least I did 60 mins of exercise!
Old 01-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #13  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Talking Hello Darlings!

How is everyone? Everyone sticking to program? Yay for all of the losses that I see! Everyone seems to be doing really really well! Yahoo!

Lori 100 crunches!?!? 1-0-0-c-r-u-n-c-h-e-s?!? Good Heavens! Yippee for you! It looks like you're doing great!

cyn Boo on ice storms that take out the internet! Doesn't the ice know you NEED the internet during ice storms? I mean, heavens, if I didn't have my internet during the last big snow storm I think I'd have gone nutso. I love to read but somedays there's only so much reading you can do! I've had trouble eating all my points as well but it was more of a mental thing than a "boy I have too much!" thing. I kept thinking that I ate too much and wouldn't lose weight. However, the opposite is true. sounds crazy huh? If you go on Core, let me know how it is. I've been thinking of doing it but am not sure if it would be right for me. The low points soup sounds sooo good. Make extra for snacky times! There's nothing more satisfying than a nice bowl of soup. Yum! I think my favorite "breakfast" is a bowl of leftover veggie soup. Really. My dbf looks at me and what I love to eat and says "I just don't get WHY you're fat." I tell him it's so he can have more to snuggle. But I think you're right. Most of weight loss success is in our heads. Our minds are funny things...they believe whatever we tell them. So if we tell them "that's too much food!" they're going to believe it. If we tell them "oh, poor me, I'm not getting enough food" they're going to believe it. *head shake*

jenn Wow girl! Your stats are becoming amazing! Yay for your .8! Remember a loss is NEVER EVER EVER an "only". .8 is almost a whole pound! It's about 3 1/2 sticks of butter! You go! Yahoo! And way to go on the water intake and stuff! *sniff* I'm proud of you girl!

shawn Hey! Don't worry 'bout the thinking postive thing. It WILL come!. Perhaps you can do the rubber band thing...wear a rubber band 'round your wrist (not too tight!) and if you catch yourself thinking a non-positive thought, you can "flick" yourself a bit. (don't make it hurt, just enough to "remind you") Once you get to the point where just touching the rubber band reminds you to be positive, get a cute bracelet or something as a touchstone. Then, everytime the bracelet catches the light, you'll be reminded that you are a work of art...no matter what your weight. You're beautiful! You're doing such a great job of getting back to things! Yahoo!

vicki Hi! Welcome! Can't wait to hear more from you!

christina Hey! Hi! Sorry 'bout the no electric. Grr! You sound like you're doing well though! Hooray!

So. Grandma is doing just fine. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. She appreciates them and so do I! We're still not sure just what caused the TIAs but she's out of the hospital and is hanging out with Mom and Dad and watching the Wheel...her favorite program! Thanks again everyone!

As for me, I didn't weigh in this week. Aunt Flo caught me unawares and I've been...uh...heavy. (sorry for the tmi!) I've been doing well not giving in to cravings and stuff. However, I did finish off an entire pan of Grands (tm) rolls the other night. I'm hungry right now, but as it's almost dinnertime, I'm trying to hold off. Still not sure what's for dinner though. My head is screaming "we want fast food" while my body is wimpering "please just eat soup or something." Since Wendy's has that new choices menu option...have you seen that? You can get a baked 'tater with your chicken sammie instead of fries! Yummy! Or chili! or a side salad! or fries! Yay!...perhaps I'll go there and get some chili and a salad. That sounds good. then I won't have to cook and I'll still have a good meal. Hmm. We'll see. *G*

Well, I'd better go and get dressed. I'm so lazy. I haven't even gotten into daytime clothes yet. *sheesh*

Loves ya all!

Kae
Old 01-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #14  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

summaria HI! Welcome to our little (well not so little anymore!) group!

Remember, weight loss success is as much a "Mind Game" as it is about exercise and eating right. Don't think you're not going to be able to eat your points! Think "wow! I get to eat real yummy food, more than I'm used to eating, AND I get to lose weight while doing it! Yay!"

Oh, and just as an FYI, if you haven't been eating a lot for sometime now, and you start eating all your points (and you should! yes yes yes you should!) and you gain or stay the same the first week???

THIS IS NORMAL! My mom was strictly on program her first week. Ate all her points and 1/2 of her flexies and exercised everyday. She gained 3 lbs. Heartbroken she thought perhaps she'd give up but then decided to give it one more week. Well, one more week of being strict and eating all her flexies, she lost almost 10 lbs. (results not typical. <- lawyer made me do it.) I'm not saying you'll lose 10 lbs if you gain your first week. What I'm saying is, don't get discouraged. Mom has gone on to lose well over 50 lbs and has kept it off. She has more to go, but is happy where she is.

Remember, your body is going to do some adjusting as well. You can do this! We're all here for you! I can't wait to hear more from you!

*huggles*

Kae

Last edited by WildStrawberry; 01-06-2005 at 04:36 PM. Reason: coding problem fix
Old 01-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #15  
tired of being fat

Default hello

Just a quick note to say hello to the oldies and welcome to the newbies. I will be back after I have dinner and post a better note to you all. Must go make dinner now before the kids start eating my arm or something.

TTFN, Lori
Closed Thread