Old 01-01-2005, 06:06 AM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #23: Welcome to 2005!

Happy New Year Ladies! With Hawaii being one of the last places in the U.S. to usher in the New Year, I thought I'd start us a fresh new thread before going to bed. At midnight I made a toast to all of us Let's start this year off with a BANG and get some of this weight off!

To any newbies, we are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

*Burp* I'm with ya Julie. In a way I can't wait for this weekend to be over and the steely resolve for the New Year to set in I just ate some crab legs then a little bread pudding for dessert.

It's been raining steadily all day. The heavy thunderstorms never materialized and the winds weren't nearly as strong as they were forecast, but still I'm glad for the rain. It washes away all that soot and stink from the fireworks.

Can't wait for all the holiday stories to start pouring in. Have a great evening girls.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:22 AM   #3  

I can't believe I'm still up so late.
We had a fairly quiet time on New Year's Eve. My niece and her husband came over and we played some games. We stopped and watched the festivities at midnight then went back to playing games. We finally had some birthday cake around 1am. Actually, my sis had bought an ice cream cake.

My sis left this morning, Jan 1, to go back to Calif. We both have to go back to school on Monday so this weekend is just for resting and getting ready to go back to work. Last year I had 3 weeks off for Christmas; I'd like it now.

Today was warm, about 65 degrees. It was a beautiful day.

My nephew (the soldier currently stationed in Korea) emailed us and said he is being deployed to Thailand to help. He's excited because he says he will be a part of history. We'll worry about him and hope he stays well.

A teacher I worked with last year was deployed to Iraq in November. He had been called to duty with his reserve unit the last 2 years, but this time they decided to send him to Iraq. It's a little closer to home when you actually know someone over there.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 08:31 AM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I'm Back!!!!!! I have lots of stuff to do so I will post when I get a chance. I just wanted to say Hi and I missed you all!!!!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:51 AM   #5  

Hey guys, and Happy New Year. I didn't get on yesterday b/c I was stick from the night b4. Oh the things we do to ourselves. We didn't go to bed until 5 AM!!!! YIKES!! I feel great today though and I am in the process of gettting the fridge ready for the big diet. Joe and I are doing the Biggest loser with our neighboors. I think this should be good. The losing team has to buy dinner at this exspensive rest. down here. That should be reason enough to stick to it.

Noelle we just drank way to much 4 years ago and partyed the night away. THe days of being younger. I don't think I could do that type of stuff again. So, we are all ready to get down to business huh? Oh yeah, I remember Anige. I saw that commercial but I didn't thnk about noticing if it was her. I will keep my eye open next time.

ANGIE!!!!! So gald to see you back. I bet you had a great time. I can't wait to hear from you and maybe even see some pics. Are you ready to get back to work since it is the start of the year? I have a feeling that you are going to get that great will back that you have and you are going to keep us all up and running. Glad your back hun.

Cal when do you have to go back to work? You have the same b-day as my dad. Cool!

Ok, my gardening show is on so I am going to run watch that. I will be back later to chat.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:12 AM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Here are a few pics from vacation. It was colder and alot rainier than last year but that wouldnt have bothered me normally since it is alot warmer than Maine. I am looking forward to next year to go again. Only 50 more weeks!!!

The first pic is Rebel wanting to go for a walk. The second one is the RV in Hanna Park at Jacksonville, The third is the beach at Jacksonville and the last is all of us.

Kempy, Did you miss the snow in New Orleans?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vacation 2004 004.jpg (24.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Vacation 2004 047.jpg (46.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Vacation 2004 048.jpg (17.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Vacation 2004 024.jpg (41.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Welcome back Angie Did you guys get in yesterday? Love the pics. So how did mom like the trip? I bet dad is glad to have her back home. I'm glad to have you back home

Kempy, I was suprised but I didn't even have champagne on NYE. I was in bed by 2:30 though, and up by 7 a.m., so needless to say I needed a nap around noon I'm keeping an eye out for that commercial again.

Cal, glad you enjoyed your b-day celebration. It's so true that when you know someone being deployed, it makes the whole "situation" of war and/or natural disasters that much closer to home. This whole Iraq war wasn't really 'real' to me until almost all of our reserve and guard troops were called up in addition to the f/t soldiers based here. The bases are deserted and we actually have to have the regular City police manning the gates. I'll say a prayer for your nephew to stay out of harms way. You know, my sisters and I were planning on visiting a nearby Thai buddhist temple today, to make a donation for the relief fund. Since we love Thailand so much, it's the least we can do.

Julie, I plan on doing Costco today--gearing up for clean eating tomorrow. I'm actually getting excited about it--getting back OP again that is (not the going to Costco part ). I think we'll all get into a good rhythm of getting back OP again.

Well, hope everyone has a great day. I'll be back later this afternoon.

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. golden sun, please shine down on me
Old 01-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #8  

Good Morning Girls

Angie, woohoo your back! We all missed you. That picture of the beach is beautiful! Actually all the pictures are great. I know coming home from vacation is alot of work!

Noelle that is so nice of you to give to the people of Thailand. I know you love it there. You have such a wonderful heart. I am so full from last night....I am so excited about trying to eat right again too.

Kempy how fun what you and your neighbors are doing. Glad your New Year's was a blast! Btw last night hubby and I watched COPS Mardi edition, boy that gets wild down there. Isn't that coming up soon?

Cal sounds like you had fun too. I bet you will miss your sister that she is on her way home now. My brother is going back to CA tonight.

Well girls I will check back later. Got to talk to hubby and see what is up for the day. Might go and pick at the driveway to get all the darn ice of it! Check in later. Julie
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #9  

Angie: So glad to have you back. We all missed you. This year is going to be great. We will all support each other.

Kempy: I go back to work tomorrow. I am already putting some things together for the kiddos to work on. I now they will be so happy to be back. That is cool that your dad and I share the same b-day. I had a friend in college who had the same b-day as well-what was really weird was that we not only shared the same day, but were born in the same year and had the same middle name.

Noelle: Thanks for the prayers for my nephew. We don't know yet if he'll still be able to e-mail while in Thailand, but we will hope. His sister is the one I gave the snowglobes to and she loved them. Thank you again.

Julie: I hope it warms up for you soon. I realize that there's still a couple of months of winter, but I will send you some sunshine. Be careful with all that ice.

Hello to anyone I may have missed.
Have a great day ladies.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:25 PM   #10  

Cal thanks for the warm wishes!! I think I may need to buy some ice skates for this winter....I tried it years ago and it was so hard for me. It looks so easy but it hurt my ankles so much. Usually we just go to the park ice rinks with the kids and put on our boots and bring sleds and slide around. LOL. I am craving sun and weather above sixty degrees . But I was thinking to myself I don't really want this winter to go by fast for the reason my ds will go to all day kindergarten next year
I am going to miss him so much. But they have to grow up. Check back later girls. Going to have baked chicken tonight. Maybe I will shred it and put bbq sauce on it and have sandwiches.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:46 AM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!!!!! I had to post this pic for you because I won that donkey. We were at Sea World and the kids just had to go spend their money at the arcade so me and Jay were waiting and saw a game where you pay $5.00 for a bucket of little red rings and have to get one to land on a bottle top. We decided to give it a try and I won on the second ring!!! hahaha I couldnt play anymore that day because there was a limit so I had to carry my donkey everywhere. I got him because he looks like Mickey. So anyways on the second day we were there I figured I would play again for Corey because he seemed to think I could do it again and I DID!!!!! The lady running the counter asked how I did it and I said I had won one the other day too and she laughed and said I was now banned from the game. She said she plays it every day while she is working and she has never got one on the bottle top. So we had two donkey asses peeking out the window of the RV all week. My niece calls me Magic Fingers now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vacation 2004 041.jpg (27.5 KB, 29 views)
Old 01-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #12  

Good Morning Girls

Angie that donkey story is so funny! I love the pic too. He must have been something else carrying him around all day,lol. You got a good throw too! Are you back to work today? Probally working from your vacation! All that laundry and cleaning out the RV.

Cherie are you back yet?

Noelle OP for today so far, was yesterday too. I might try cutting back on my sugar intake. Way to high. I hope you got everything at the store you needed yesterday. Btw have you ever seen that show Dog the Bounty Hunter? Hus and I caught an episode and we realized it takes place in HI. I just like watching it to see the beautiful flowers and everything is green.

Well hello Kempy, Cal, and everyone else. I am going to get moving today. I really would like to get some sit ups in and some sort of cardio. I am actually kind of sad because last night I met my mom and family at the airport, they were bringing my brother and sil to go back to CA. The flight was delayed of course, the airport was nuts. But at least were able to visit longer. I cried really hard, I just hate goodbyes. On the upside I got to see my football team coming home and got to shake the head coaches hand, Farve's, and other team members. Those guys are huge, you do not realize it unless you meet them in person. They were so nice and really cute too! So that cheered me up a bit. Does anyone kind of feel like the wind is knocked out of them because the holidays are over and now it is just like reality again? Good thing there are alot of good TV shows starting this month. Well sorry to ramble on. Check back later.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning girls. Welcome back to reality. Julie, I think you had it right when you said it felt like getting the wind knocked out of you since the holidays are over. That's exactly how I feel. Ho-hum. On a positive note, I am OK on groceries for about 2 days. I just had my breakfast and vitamins (both were something I stopped doing that led to this weight gain with a vengeance). I think I need to plan plan plan. Knowing what my meal plans are keeps my head focused instead of dreaming about all the other stuff I would like to be eating . I think I will make my weigh-in days on Saturday like before. That seemed to work. Anyway, one day at a time.

Angie "magic fingers", I love Donkey–and you got two of him! That's just a great story. I love it when neat things like that happen while on vacation. It makes up for all the cr@ppy stuff that happens . So you did not get to go to Disney? That sucked. I'm sure you and Jay made sure that the kids had loads of fun anyway. Next year will be Disneyland's 50th anniversary but all the Disney theme parks will be having celebrations so I'm sure you'll more than make up for it next year. Do you need a case of Febreeze? :s

Julie, Brett Favre? See? There is always a silver lining. Oh, and just so you know? I just started watching Dog the Bounty Hunter and i cringe every time. I kept meaning to mention it to you that if any of you were to watch it, they are definitely not representative of the people of Hawaii. Isn't he from Texas? No offense anyone . And his wife? Get outta here. I have to admit though, those druggies and lowlifes he picks up are a part of the landscape of Hawaii. Sadly the ice epidemic is by and large a huge problem here. But if you must, you can enjoy the scenery. Did you see the one he busted that guy on the beach with his girlfriend? Then his ‘other' girlfriend brings his kids to the beach to say goodbye during the arrest? Good grief! And the last thing I can't understand is why when they are pursuing someone, they talk about people recognizing them and honking their horns or waving hi to them. They say it spoils the element of surprise for the person they're hunting–well Duh? You guys are broadcasting a show, of course people are gonna know who you are. Not to mention the way they look–the hair, the clothes...that's like me walking down the street in Wisconsin in a hula skirt looking for bail jumpers

Cal, sorry! I turned my phone off during the weekend. I didn't want to be bothered w/work so I just left it in the car. I just got your message this morning! I will PM you my home number so I don't miss you again. Sorry! I think our time difference is 2 hours. You know, I had no idea that Alaska was only an hour ahead of Hawaii time! Heh, shows you how much I know about geography.

Does anyone know if Cherie is back from her ski trip?

Well, hello to Summer, Kempy and anyone else I may have missed. I have to get some work done. I'll be back later.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:53 PM   #14  

Noelle I really did have to laugh my you know what off when you said....you would come here and look for bail jumpers in a hula skirt. Bring an extra skirt for me . We would just have to wear long johns and winter boots, oh my god can you imagine what we would look like? haha....we would be the ones getting arrested I think . I am laughing so hard right now....just the thought of it. Whats with all the leather? No I missed the one with the guy on the beach. He reminds me of Hulk Hogan. Yeah last night I was star struck! Well gotta run. I have to go get myself some tylenol for this splitting headache I have right now. I hope I am not coming down with anything.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #15  

Hey guys. I hate that I can't get hee until almost the end of the day now. I would have been home earlier but I got called be for an appointment. You know I am going to run back for that one.

Noelle and Julie I have never seen that show b4. I havn't been watching much of anything but home improvement shows. I will have to keep my eye out for it.

Julie it does get crazy in the Quarter during Mardis Gras. We aren;t going to go this year b/c Joe is in a wedding and they planned it for the Saturday that we usually would go. It is probabaly a good thing though. I am getting too old for that stuff.

Angie that donkey is HUGH! It is so funny looking. I bet it was funny seeing it out of the RV. Joe and I watched a show on HGTV last night about RV's. Holy Crap these things were $1.5 Million. I couldn't believe that there where things on wheels that cost that much. Did you happen to catch it?

I started to record my food in Fitday again today. I hope to keep myself on track this time. I looked at one of the reports that they do of my weight change over a year and I can truly say that I am sickened by what I have gained. Oh well, I can't change the past just the future so I am going to work on it now.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote