South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 05:59 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Jan 3rd Monday Chit Chat

Morning chicks thought I would get us started since I am up early and leaving in a moment to go to the clinic. I have some sort of eye infection going on. My whole eye area is swollen actually swelling as I type. I can feel it swelling and it hurts. The bottom lid is so swollen I can see out of my eye. The Clinic opens at 8:00 and I intend to be the first one there. I will check in with ya's all later.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh Little Chick, I hope they can "fix" you soon! Eyes are not to be messed with!

We are coated in ice! I am so glad I put the car in the barn after Church yesterday morning. Gail comes this morning and I really don't know how she will get into the house unless she has skates. Once it gets daylight I will put out some salt on the walk but the lane is glare ice.

Yesterday ended up being quiet as I decided not to go to any stupid political reception and had a lovely two hour nap! My resolution for 2005 is to get out of sleep debt! We had a relatively early dinner and I was in bed by 10 last night.

Today? I'll do the tidying I did not get done yesterday afternoon and start putting away some of the Christmas stuff. The tree stays up until the 6th and the outdoor lights stay on until my birthday. Winters are dark and I like the cheeriness of lights outdoors - especially first thing in the morning.

Grab a coffee :cofdat: and sit down for a bit before you leap into the day!
Old 01-03-2005, 06:35 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Little Chick, I sure hope you can get that eye feeling better soon. I had a stye last summer and eew...no fun at all...especially when I felt like everyone was staring at me like I was some kind of freak of nature.

Ruth, be careful when you go out to salt that ice. Don't need any broken bones. I'm such a chicken, I'd be up on the porch scattering it like it was bird seed!

Down here, it's just cold enough to be uncomfortable, but not enough for the heat to kick on. Makes my sinuses feel great, but I'm shivering.

Today I get to go weigh/measure at the gym. Whee...I know I won't show any dramatic loss...so I'm not looking forward to it.

Karen at the docs told me last week I can expect to be slammed....am not looking forward to it. I guess I'd better get out my pedometer and see just how much running I'll be doing...would be interesting to know.

Ok, I'm outta here...gotta go find some lunch to take.

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 01-03-2005, 07:00 AM   #4  

Morning ladies!
Little Chick - Let us know how your visit to the clinic went. Hope your eye is all better asap.
Ruth - Naps are great. Be careful on that ice!
Mamacita - What counts is that you're going to the gym!

I have to get up and out early today myself, so not much time to write, but I wanted to say hi to everyone and wish you all a great day.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:12 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies!

Little Chick, I hope your eye feels better soon. Those eye infections sure are a pain!
Ruth! We have ice like crazy down here in Nebraska! As a matter of fact they cancelled school today because it is too bad to drive. Being a teacher, I just love snow days, not to mention that we were due to return from winter break this morning. I had planned to go to Jazzercise but the ice is keeping me home. I guess I will just give the house a good cleaning and call that good for now. Maybe the ice will melt enough for me to get out to another class later this afternoon. I will have to see, as they are predicting this to continue and be topped by up to 6 inches of snow by Wednesday.

I want to thank everyone for the nice welcome by the way. I have a feeling that I will like it here on the BEACH!

Have a great day ladies!
Nally
Old 01-03-2005, 07:22 AM   #6  

A quick addition to my post...
RNMOM - I just read your post from yesterday and YES! That happened to me just Saturday night! Can you believe it? I have only ever dreamed about food when I am first starting a new diet or a new way of eating. I dreamed my first day back on Phase One (which was Saturday) I ate on program all day and that late at night, I blew it by grabbing and eating a gigantic cream filled black moon. I ate it so fast I didn't even enjoy it, and yes, when I woke up, I really did have to pause and figure out if I did that or just dreamed it. I know it's just my rebellious nature acting out the only she can right now... in my dreams.

And hello Nally! You will love it on the beach!

Ok... I am going now.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:29 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Well I actually managed to get out of bed at 4:45 and got 45 minutes of exercise in. Unbelievable! I'm showered, hair curled - DS is up fed and dressed except for socks. Still Unbelievable! We are expecting ice too! Just in time for am traffic but not soon enough to cancel school.

Little chick! Ouchie on the eye! Get better soon! I'm with ya on the belly button piercing. If I ever get to my goal weight - I'm getting a belly button piercing. Of course by then it will be out of style

Ruth - Be careful on the ice. I wish my car had a garage to live in! I'll be scraping this morning. Maybe that is why I'm so far ahead of schedule.

Mama - Good luck today!

Nally - welcome to the beach. I love it here and you will too! Can you clean my house when you are done?

Kryss - Hi

Bami - good luck today (or is it tomorrow?) with the knee.

Here's to an OP day. Those of you starting out today - remember to take it one meal at a time, one snack at a time and make good choices!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:09 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! It's daylight now and, although the lane is a rink, the ice has melted off the porches and side walk! The temp is up to 40F! This may be the day I get the rest of the ice off the back deck.
And I dropped 2 pounds! Must be the naps!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Allright Ruth!!! A 2lb loss!!! I started my first day back on Phase 1 this morning, and got my exercising done, so right now I feel pretty good. I really have to concentrate on drinking a lot of water, I'm not real crazy about it, especially in the winter. I made a double batch of Quiche Cups last night with extra veggies and froze them so I can just nuke a couple in the mornings when I'm busy. It's going to be a tuna salad w/ vinagrette and a SF jello for lunch, and turkey chili for supper.
Little Chick, hope your eye is better, nothing too serious.
Amy, sounds like you woke up with your engine running full throttle this morning!
Nally, hi and welcome to the Beach. Be careful on the ice today!
Kryss, Good morning, hope you have another good OP day, you're doing great!
Mama, Here's to an encouraging W & M today! I scheduled mine for the end of this month to give me some time to work on it, ha, ha!

Have a good one, everybody!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LittleChick, I just read your posting from yesterday RE the tag on your shirt. Sounds like you and your friends are a pretty closeknit group and have tons of fun! It's wonderful to have friends like that!
Old 01-03-2005, 08:58 AM   #11  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all;
Going full speed so far. Even though it was tough getting out of bed
GB's are asleep already this morning. They had to take daddy to the airport at 4 this morning. Now Granny just has to get dressed and on the treadmill while they are out. Then run and pay some bills.
Little chick: hope your eye is better!
Ruth: Watch your step on that ice.
Everyone else: Have a great day and stay OP. I am sending vibes. Stay OP. Feel them?
Nelly: Welcome, nice bunch of people here and on 3fc as a whole.
Off to walk.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #12  

Wow! Lots of people posting this morning - that's wonderful! - but then I don't have time to answer them all

It's been raining for two days here and everything is starting to have standing water. But since the temperatures are nice (70's) I am not going to complain.

I've got the Ethiopian Braised Chicken in the crockpot. It seems like it will be pretty spicy which we really like. I've got my stuff in the car for the gym! Back to work now.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:56 AM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Quick check in for me. I have a major sinus thingy goin on that started yesterday. I feel very light headed and all from it and then add not being able to eat on top of that and well it makes for a long day. I tried to sleep in but the phone woke me and of course it was a wrong number. Well I am goin to kick back on the couch and hopefully find a good movie to watch to help pass the time. lol
Anchor..It is today. Thanks for the well wishes!
All y'all chicks dealin with ice today be careful! The high here today is 70. So I'm sendin heatwaves your way!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies!

In honor of my New Years resolution of losing the weight THIS year, I'd like to join the daily with all of you in hopes to keep up the motivation. You all seem to love the daily.

I don't know what happened to me over the past 2-3 weeks. Well, yes I do. It was the cookies and chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered Oreos and peppermint ice cream and ....well you get the picture. I lost a good amount of weight the beginning of the month but gained it all back plus a few more. I'm now at my highest weight . So, I'm committing myself fully and I also upped my goal weight. It used to be 135 which really isn't the healthiest (I'm 5'8"). I feel really good at 140 so that's where it will stay.

I planned to get up this morning to exercise and was sure I would do it. I even filled up my water bottles last night before I went to bed. I slept like crap and ended up waking up around 4:30 with a Charlie Horse. Geez those things hurt! I tried to get up and work it out of my calf but I could barely put any weight on it. So, darn it, I missed my first day of exercise this year. Maybe after work I can get something accomplished. It's feeling a little better. Charlie and his horse are a bunch of

So that's my story at the moment. I hope this year is filled with a lot of losers. 2005 is the year!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #15  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey there chicks just another quick check in before dd's get home from grandma's house and I have to get ready for work. I only have 3 shifts left. YIPEE. As for the eye it is a sty and it hurts like h*ll. I have to put and antibotic cream on it and hot compress's as well as bath it in salt water. It really hurts and is swollen. I really should stay home from work but I will not. The doc told me that worse case if is comes a head and will not break I will have to go back and have them do it. OUCH. So far no head I hope it stays that way. Well I must go and do another salt bath and get my butt dressed for work. As for the eating it is not totally beach OP but much better than I had been doing.
Closed Thread